Old 06-08-2010, 10:23 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Good day to all! It's starting out hot and windy here this morning, going to be a brutal day outside! I'm lucky that my CT room here at work has to be kept within a cool temperature range (can't let the scanner overheat). It is always COOL in here!

Nothing much to report here. Planning to grill chicken breast and make roasted potatoes and salad for supper. Hopefully everyone will be home to eat tonight! Older son's social schedule is making a huge dent in our together time.

INPUT PLEASE!!!-My very odd neighbor is a lady in her 70s who lives alone. Recently, her brother came to visit her. I've noticed, for at least two weeks, in the mornings when I am leaving for work at 0730 that this man is sleeping in his truck in her driveway. Has a doormat outside the door of the truck with his shoes sitting on it and everything. Should I keep my mouth shut? I'm afraid if I call the police and complain, she will know it was me and that might make things strained. There are other people in the neighborhood and I'm surprised no one else has called. I feel a little uncomfortable saying something directly to them about this. Any feedback appreciated!! Thanks.

Ange-Yay for new clothes! I hope to get some soon. Enjoy your new office.....Movin' On Up!!

H Moxie!-Good luck with the flight. You chose a really long flight to test your fears, that's great!

Kitteh-I hope things at work are less stressful today.

Chickie-Glad you at least ended up with a friend out of your dating adventure.

OMWGlad you are enjoying your summer. If I remember correctly....you are going to Hawaii? Any trip sounds good to me right now. Enjoy getting ready for it!

Hope you all have a great day!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:52 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Hi everyone.
I'm new (again) to 3FC. I'd like to be a regular poster with the 40-Something crowd here. I look forward to getting to know you all. Everyone is so supportive and that's the kind of thing I could use right now.

I did want to say to Annie that I'm sorry to hear about your fiance's friend. I just went through something similar with my dad and it's not easy.

So just to jump in with both feet...Had my DH's sister visiting last night. Nice dinner, didn't over do any portions...until dessert. She stopped at a fancy bakery and bought 6 different single serving desserts. We split each one into 4 bites and shared it around the table. Some were good, some weren't so good. I was kind of sad I wasted the calories on something that was stale!

I've gotten back on the treadmill. Right now I'm working on building my stamina so I'm interval training (3 min run/3 min walk; 4 min run/3 min walk) etc. It feels good and I look forward to it.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:07 PM   #18  

Hi MoonDance! Nice to meet you and welcome. This is a very supportive place. Posting seems to be lagging lately, I think it is just that everyone is enjoying summertime (except our "down under" friends)! It'll pick up.

Thanks for the kind words about our friend. I went through this with my Dad in 2007 (though from a distance), so I know what you are referring too.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:47 PM   #19  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Just a quick post here, will come back later. I just had my first sauteed beet greens of the season -- what a wonderful lunch!

Annie, re: your neighbor, here's my honest response. What difference does it make? You know who he is (ie, it's not a vagrant showing up every night), your neighbor seems okay with the situation, to each his own. Strange, yes. But on what grounds would you call the police? I'd just let it be...

Last edited by newleaf123; 06-08-2010 at 12:47 PM.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #20  

Thanks, Heidi! That's the answer I got from friends on another forum I belong to. I guess I was just over-thinking and imagining a hobo village popping up overnight. Silly me!

I've never had beet greens. What do they taste like?

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 06-08-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #21  
Next mini-goal 184

S/C/G: 204/189/155

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Everybody, I have a few minutes to post so watch the phone start ringing or something.

I am Dee, been trying to have a chance to post & catch up with everyone since I joined the little group.

I am 45, I live in Florida, I am counting calories & I eat a pescatarian diet. I am married, I have 3 grown step children, one teenager getting ready to start college classes & I am a foster mom for troubled kids & teens when I need to be. Very busy life but I love it. I am a runner, I water ski, I work out at the gym & I am always active. Husband got injured & we are trying to get him scheduled for knee surgery. Oh joy!

I haven't been overweight before, I got really sick & packed on 49 pounds in the past 5 months. They found out that my liver is not producing the emzymes to digest food, this is hereditary & I started taking emzymes last month, so now it is time to drop the extra weight & toxins that have built up. So please forgive me if I ask really stupid questions sometimes about diet or weight loss because I honestly don't know, this is all new to me.

Kathi - I love farmers markets, I go every weekend, that is where I buy a majority of our groceries.

kittehmomma - I am a planner too! Good luck with all your visitors.

motivated chickie - pre vacation weight is good. Really wish I had less than 10 pounds to go.

petra - good luck on your dating, sounds like he is a nice guy.

Annie - sorry about your fiance's neighbor. Also, I probably wouldn't say anything about the guy sleeping in the truck as long as you don't notice that he is in distress or it is affecting his health in some way.

ange82much - hope you got your office moved, I hate that chore.

moxie - I hope the anxiety & nightmares ease up so you can look forward to your trip.

onmyway - sounds like you are having a busy Summer so far.

Hi to moondance, hermitgirl & heidi. I hope I haven't missed anyone!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Dee
Im On A Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #22  

Here a few snapshots from our road trip this weekend. Me and my younger son went to see the outdoor production of Oklahoma! at Sand Springs, OK and took a side trip to Route 66 in Catoosa, OK.

(Click for enlarged image.)

Discoveryland Stage

The Blue Whale, Catoosa, OK. Route 66 roadside attraction for nostalgia. Used to be a swimming hole with slides and diving board. You can still go in, but no swimming allowed now.

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 06-08-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Annie,
Love the whale pics! I can imagine the kind of roadside attraction it used to be. Route 66 used to be the way to travel, with all kinds of attractions like this. Hwys 34 and 50 too. Interstate Hwys have taken a lot of the fun out of road trips. Makes it hard to get the point across to the kids that it's not always about the destination, but the journey it takes to get there.

Thanks for the nostalgia!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:43 PM   #24  

MoonDance-I'm all about nostalgia. Sometimes it's worth the extra time to get off the interstate or turnpike.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:58 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Moondance-welcome. This is a great group.

I'm on a boat-I was raised in foster care. Good for you for being a foster parent. Have to ask about your name. Do you live on a boat?

Annie-nice pictures. About your neighbor, I would suggest talking to her directly about it first. But unless he is actually creating some kind of disturbance I don't see any reason to the call the police.

MC-here is some of my advice. Must use proper English, generally must have a picture, must have their shirt on in their picture. Must say SOMETHING substantive in their profile, and anyone who lists gambling as a hobby is off the list. Now obviously if the two of you have absolutely nothing in common, probably not a good match even if he meets all the other criteria. I am not hung up on how much education or how much money they have other than they have to be employed. Hope that gives you a little bit of help.

I seem to be maintaining which I'm happy with right now. I am planning to go to yoga tonight for probably the first time in 2 weeks. I have another date tomorrow night-same guy. Seems to be off to a good start.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:08 PM   #26  
Next mini-goal 184

S/C/G: 204/189/155

Height: 5' 7"

Petra - My name is Dee - Of course everytime I try to get a sign on or anything they all seem taken. "I'm On A Boat" refers to exactly where I am whenever I have any free time at all & also that is what the kids say all the time. My daughter's cell phone message for her voicemail says "Hi I can't get to the phone right now because I'M ON A BOAT!!!!"
Im On A Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:33 PM   #27  

Petra said: "...must have their shirt on in their picture."

Loved it! Thanks for the laugh!
Old 06-08-2010, 11:00 PM   #28  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieDrews View Post
Petra said: "...must have their shirt on in their picture."
can't think that's a very common criteria the other way round - i.e. for men finding women!!
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:43 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning.

The scale report: no bounceback after my sudden drop from the other day; my weight stayed the same as yesterday. Unfortunately, I have to go in to work early (got called last night after I was in bed and dozing off, but at least I didn't have to get up right then and go in to work), so I won't be going to my exercise class. I'll have to see how to fit in some exercise after work and before company arrives this evening. Without the exercise, I doubt I'll be seeing movement on the scale tomorrow morning.

Annie--yesterday was less stressful; thanks for asking.

newleaf--I love fresh beet greens. I've always boiled them; I'll have to try them sauted.

Dee--sorry to hear about your lover problems, but it sounds like you are doing a lot of things right already: you are very active and you're counting calories.

Moondance--welcome.

Have a great day everyone.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:22 AM   #30  

Hello ladies! Saw the 162 on the scale again this morning and hoping to see it again tomorrow or Friday and I will officially move the ticker.....dare I hope for a 161?? I really wish I could afford to go buy new clothes. The ones I have from the past summers are all big sizes, but have elastic waists and such so that they are still wearable, but look not-so-flattering. I might break down and buy a couple of inexpensive shorts sets to reward myself. I just keep thinking that when I finally meet my goal I will really HAVE to buy some new things, including scrubs for work. So I'm waiting as long as I can. I just want to look nice.

Going for a haircut today. Am tempted to get a really short style, but not sure if I will take the plunge. I always thought short hair made me look older and fatter. But now that I have some weight off....maybe not so fat as I think.....the old part, well can't do much about that. I do need to cover my gray, it has been a while since I did that.

It was so rewarding to cook a dinner that my boys thoroughly enjoyed last night. They even "fought" over that last scoop of roasted potatoes! I had kind of wanted seconds myself, but they saved me from that! I love seeing them eat healthier foods and liking it. For so long (too long), I cooked unhealthy things thinking I couldn't afford it or didn't have time to cook healthier things. Better late than never, I have learned I CAN cook healthy, quickly and not too expensively. I've learned there are many things I can do that I never thought I could. This board and your support have helped me get to this point. I honestly feel like I have finally gotten on a path that I can follow for life and I am so thankful. It's not just about losing weight (though that is an awesome result of my healthier lifestye), but being HEALTHY is my main goal.

I'm On A Boat-I got a smile out of your name the first time I saw it. Reminded me of the digital short on SNL. We're big fans.

Ange-So true about the "shirtless" women! Men!!

Kitteh-I hope you are able to find some time for yourself to exercise today. Sounds like you have a full plate for the day. Don't worry, one day won't kill you! Good luck with the scale in the morning.

I wish you all a wonderful day!

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 06-09-2010 at 10:26 AM.