View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 05:41 PM   #25
PeanutsMom704

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I tried Sensa back in November, when I began this weight loss journey. I lost 5 lbs the first week I used it, although I also made a major change in what I ate and the quantities I ate. I can't say that I ever got into the habit of using it regularly, but I think it's possible it did help me re-set my ability to regulate my portion sizes. Even though I stopped using it after the first week or so, I have kept going from there.

For me, a lot if it was the idea of trying to be more mindful about what I was eating. While Sensa doesn't tell you to follow any specific diet plan, I did find that I paid more attention what I was eating, and ultimately ended up using Fitday to track my food.

I don't honestly know how much credit to give to Sensa - but it certainly did trigger me to start on this path. I still have a lot of it (I ordered a few months up front) and I think that it's possible I might try it again, when I feel like I'm struggling with staying on my weight loss plan. It worked to get me on track once, so why not try it again if/when I feel like I could use some help!

The one thing I would caution is that the free trial is not really free - if you don't return the product within 30 days, you will get billed for full price. I think that's an issue with their marketing, but not necessarily with the product itself. Also, if you google, you may find a promo code - I used one and got 15% off my order.

Overall, I don't think there is anything unhealthy about the product. I can't say that I swear by it or heartily recommend it or something like that because I didn't use it that long. And I don't think the product itself makes you lose weight - it still comes down to making good choices about the kinds of foods you eat and how much of it you eat. But I did find it helpful to get me to a place where I was making better choices and it's possible that others might too.

1st 10% - 2/2/10
Current Goal - 2nd 10%

PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote