Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 11:35 PM   #1  
Each step gets me closer

S/C/G: 307/289/150

Height: 5'10

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again #1055

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears .
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 11-09-2006, 11:45 PM   #2  
Each step gets me closer

Please lock the other thread oh dear board fairy.

Good evening ladies. Thought I post a quick one before I go to bed. That way I start the day on top of things. Had a great day & got in a fabulous amount of exercise. When for my evening walk tonight with my fat dog the sky was so beautiful. Not a cloud in the sky & a bizillion stars, made me stop and just stare for a minute. I love skies like that.

Colneen: Holey Moley 7 lbs!! WAY TO GO!

Sandy: Good luck at your doctor appt / weigh in tomorrow

Erika Leigh: How the heck to you function on so little calories? 200, really? I'd be in a coma. Hope you get that all sorted out.

Nancy: Awesome NSV on the bathing suit! Hope it put you in a better mood!

Kymberly: Heres your butt kick Now get exercising! Hope that helps. Exercise is the harder part for me too.

Well, hope you all have a nice night. I'm going to dreamland.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:07 AM   #3  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Hiiiiii everyone!! Im back from my second interview .. and YEEHA I GOT THE JOB!! I start on Tuesday .. Im only contracted until Jan 6 but that is ok .. I have a good chance of getting that extended .. AND Im only contracted for 14.5 hours a week .. but like Penny said .. that is just the MINIMUM hours I will work lol .. so that is kewl .. what is not quite so kewl is the uniform lol .. unfortunately all they had on hand for the top (which is all they have to supply cos its just black pants with it which I have HEAPS of lol) was a 2XL and its not exactly a stretchy loose style . soooo I have to wear that fitting tee until they can get the bigger sizes back in .. there was a part of me that was really starting to feel stink about my size see how hard they were looking for something that would fit me .. I saw the shelves with the biggers sizes written on were empty .. but it was a little depressing to say the least to not be able to be comfy in a 2xl even tho I finally fit it .. its fitting and I really dont feel comfy with that .. hopefully they wll have me a 3xl asap then lol ..

Sooo Im working (training) Tues/Wed/Thurs for a few hours .. and then all day Saturday! Means even less time with my hunny (boo hoo), but its a job and it will keep me busy and get me out of the house My regular shifts each week will be Tues/Wed and Saturday .. at least I think it is lol .. good grief gonna have to double check that on Tuesday lol.

So thank you everyone for your good wishes and support with me going for this job ... it definitely makes my week a little better lol ..

As for my engagement . THANKIES .. and of course you are all invited to the wedding .. you definitely have enough time to save up for it rofl .. It may be sooner than 20 years lol .. but I doubt it will be any time in the next 5 years .. why?? Well .. I dont really see the need to rush lol .. we now have 2 mortgages, 3 dogs, 2 lambs a cat and a kid ... sooo the wedding as such isnt such a rush sort of thing lol .. besides .. we want to be able to travel at some point .. 20 years seemed like a good time lol .. our mortgages are for 15 years so they will be paid ... Ash will be grown and independant and maybe even a mother herself by then ... and my hunny reckons he is retiring after the mortgage is paid cos we can live off the rentals rofl ... have news for him and its all bad roflmao.

I told my sis (best friend) that I asked Scoot to marry me .. she didnt believe me to start with (how well she knows me rofl) .. but once I finally got her to believe me she just cracked up laughing ... thought she was gonna wet herself or something hehehehe ... when she finally got control of herself she said "isnt it supposed to be leap year when the woman asks??" I said to her since when have I followed a trend .. besides .. I was born in a leap year which gives me extra rights rofl .. that just set her off laughing again hehehe .. she asked if Scoot was gonna get me a ring .. I told her I dont know .. I have done my part .. now its up to her to drop the hints for me hehehehe ... I told her what sort of ring I would love of course ... amethyst and diamond in a bridge style cos that is both of our birthstones .. and amethyst is one of my faves too anyway lol .. but I wont hold my breath for that .. subtle hints have never worked with him before so Im not gonna be hoping any time in the next 20 years for one

Speaking of the man .. he will probably be home soon so Im gonna get dinner started .. I havent done wonderfully for intake today . .. BUT .. I havent been naughty .. I have drunk a lot of water .. the weather is just lovely today .. although it started off really cold cos there is a bunch of snow on the hills.

Tonight I have decided we are gonna have chicken (of course lol) with vegetables and potato balls .. yummy .. humm .. might even make up one of the WW Chocolate puddings and have it with some Gelato ...

AMMI - I agree .. the engagement is definitely on a higher rank lol .. Im gonna have to look up pics of Gopher I think .. and as for Gonzo from Trapper John .. HUBBA HUBBA HUBBA rofl .. I also liked Greg Evigan from BJ & the Bear and My Two Dads .. actually .. there were a lot of guys in the 70s & 80s that were realllly yummy rofl.

ZELMA - Thank you so much for your lovely comments .. I must admit I got a little teary eyed when I read that ... I think Im most thankful for my stubborness which I have recently redeveloped as growing up I was told it was a negative trait, so I would give in to everything and believe everyone else etc .. I definitely have come to realise that this is not just a journey for the outside of my body ... but a continuation on other aspects of my inner journey that I never faced or put a name to when I was working on that in my 20s. Definitely this place and the program Starting Over has really helped a lot ... you know .. this is probably gonna sound bad .. but Im enjoying bragging roflmao ... Ive never had anything to really brag about before .. not that I havent achieved anything in the past .. I have .. only it seemed somehow superficial .. while now .. every little thing I do I get to tell you guys which sorta makes me feel like Im braggin lol .. so it makes me want to face things I havent been able to do before just so I can come on in and tell everyone rofl .. boy that makes me sound bad rofl.... but hey .. whatever works right?
Oh .. I ended up wearing the same thing .. cos really I had nothing else in my wardrobe that would suit it .. but I kept the jacket off ... and I did my hair differently too lol .. so I wasnt exactly the same .. but I definitely think I was glowin

SANDY - Ashleigh is 15 going on 30 lol .. but shes my baby lol.

Okee .. gotta go .. my feet are a little sore after all my walking and Im really quite tired so while I have a little energy left I wanna get dinner sorted out

Have a great weekend everyone!

Love and Laughter!
Old 11-10-2006, 04:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Katt, big congrats on the job!!! AND YOUR ENGAGEMENT!!!! My birthstone & engagement ring is amethyst too!! My grandma's was as well & I have her engagement ring & treasure it. Hope you two will be very happy together & hopefully he will be able to get a job closer so you can be together more often. xxxx
Annie, if you're there ** BIG HUGS ** & hope you are feeling a little better & coping with the loss of your brother.xxxxx
Erika, FFM is Fairy Fat-Mother- Misti's invention, like the tooth fairy, but she takes away pounds-HOPEFULLY, lol. Hope your move goes well & Amanda enjoys her new job.xxxx
I wonder if anyone who's had anti-depressants would pm me to tell me what they took & if they were any good, as I'm struggling, I tried THREE different ones & none seem to help, I feel so low; no energy, can't sleep, every so often feel REALLY bad, bad enough to scare me. It is to help when I visit my Dr. I can say 'what about ...... so & so took them & they helped'. He says I might not be depressed, yeah-right! I won't go into it but I really need to feel better, I'm struggling to cope with life in general & know I'm not doing very well as a wife or mother, everything seems grey & joyless. Thanks, in anticipation.
xxsharon
Old 11-10-2006, 04:32 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 9" = 176cm

Just rushing by to say Katt congratulation on her engagement, just in case she gets married before I have time to say that lol. No really, congratulation Katt and I think it so cool you were the one who asked. And also good luck with your job!

I dont have time anymore, just wish you all the best of day and stay OP ladies.

Byeee...
Old 11-10-2006, 04:56 AM   #6  

Just dropping in..thanks for the feedback everyone! Also, thanks so much for all the compliments about my exercise - I'm glad I'm back into it all! No real news right now, but I can't pass up a moment to drop in and say HI! Hope everyone is doing well! to those who need it! Stay strong, and stay OP chickies!

Melissa
Old 11-10-2006, 05:35 AM   #7  
ready to lose

S/C/G: 290/285/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone-
So today was a really weird day for me. I had to go and get my oil changed in my car. I got off work at 7 and waited until to drop it off. My mom came to pick me up and my car was already being worked on. We then decided to drive around town and wait until my car was finished. By the time it got done it was almost 9am. So i went home had some breakfast, talked to my mom, and checked my email. I didnt plan on being stuck the computer but by the time i was done with my stuff on the computer it was already 12 noon. Man what was I doing! I needed to be in bed sleeping. But the strange thing was i couldnt sleep. I didnt even feel tired. So finally by 3 I took an ambien to sleep and didnt wake up until 10:30. And when i got up i couldnt move my hip. I dont know what was wrong with me. I think my prescription for Wellbutrin is making it really hard for me fall a sleep. I dont know why tough.
Anyways. so to blab about nothing.

Erika Leigh-
Congrats on the 3 lb loss!!Thats great! Keep up the great work.

Ammi- Well I feel really bad today because i didnt workout like i wanted to. As i put above i couldnt get to sleep today. it was really driving me crazy. so tomorrow will be the day to get back on the exercise horse....Im glad your workout was better than mine.....LOL....
Oh yeah and I LOVE ANASTASIA!!! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN AND VOICE.

Katt~ Congrats on the engagement and better yet on the job too! Im so glad thing are going great for ya.

Nancy- Ive had experiences like that with people banging on the front desk counter, cussing at me the whole thing. It can get to be too much sometimes. So i just say quietly Im sorry that something is not satisfactory for you. If you would like to calm down a bit Id be more than happy to arrange something with you for your hotel stay. Most of the time they do and Sometimes they just say forget it. Last winter I was working and this young attractive guy came in a got a room then asked if there was a place to get food. so i told him across the parking lot at the gas station. He goes over there and when he comes back he stops at the front desk and pulled out a ice cream sandwich. and said here ya go. I thought that was really sweet.

Kymberly- Im sorry your so busy at the moment. Hopefully they arent working you too hard now! Thats why I first applied at this hotel because i wanted to work with people everyday. I love meeting people from all over the world. Getting a chance to make someones vacation memorable is a great feeling.

Misti- How are you doing? I havent posted a personal to you in a couple of days. How is the Gazelle? Hope your doing great?!

~*~Raven~*~
Old 11-10-2006, 05:39 AM   #8  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

hmm...looks like I missed a whole thread (or more!)...I'll have to go back and catch up. Guess that's what happens when I actually do WORK at work

As for me, I did my 30 minutes of exercise all 5 days this week Yesterday morning, I got up at 4 like usual, but I was sooo tired that I just went right back to bed instead of exercising. Luckily, it was a gorgeous day out, so I went walking for 30 minutes after work (about 2.25 miles), so so I still got my exercise in!

I watched The Biggest Loser last night (recorded it from Wednesday night since it's on at the same time as Lost)--how insanely inspiring is that new girl who returned from home?! She made me feel like I wasted my college years being fat

Anyway, off to get ready for work, so I will try to catch up on everything later, but had to at least drop in and say hi! Oh, and everything worked out with insurance, so I am getting my car fixed next week plus getting a rental car while mine is in the shop, and I'm not paying a dime
Old 11-10-2006, 06:18 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Gooood morning, everyone! I'm totally NOT a morning person, but here I am! Just wanted to pop on here, before work. I've decided that even though it's Friday, and I usually go OUT to lunch on Fridays, I'm just going to take a lunch. Saves money, for sure. Even though one of those Quiznos salads sure sounds good! Well, I'm going to head off here, and get in the shower, and then I'm OFF. I'll try and pop on at work, so I don't get too far behind!

Katt - Congrats on the job!!! That's so great! That stinks about the uniforms, but hopefully they'll have a larger shirt soon for you! I used to DREAD going for interviews for jobs that had uniforms, because I knew that if I got it, it would be hard to find one that fit me!

Raven - That's so odd about the Wellbutrin. I know that medicine works differently for everyone, but Andrew's Wellbutrin actually MAKES him tired.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:29 AM   #10  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

nelie--just saw your comment on the picture page...thanks! We saw those penguins at the zoo in Camden, NJ (just across the river from Philadelphia). They're a small, South African penguin. I have the same desire as you to see them in the wild. I told Jeff I want to honeymoon in southern Australia; there's an island down there (can't think of it off the top of my head) where you can rent a cottage on the beach where the penguins actually walk by each night. Of course, that's assuming the boy ever actually proposes, but that's a whole different topic
Old 11-10-2006, 07:23 AM   #11  

good morning everyone. well the FFM skipped me this week but i guess she will be here next week!at least i didnt gain lol!
Old 11-10-2006, 08:03 AM   #12  

Height: 5'9

Well after a few totally insane days with work and family stuff I'm pretty much back My mom had hip replacement surgery this week and it is really spurring me forward. Like me, she has been overweight her whole life and it has been soooo hard on her joints. Her knees are shot, her ankles are shot, she has terrible varicose veins and has to wear support hose just to be able to walk and probably will need more joint surgery down the road... she's 60 and her body is falling apart. She can barely walk any more. I DO NOT want to be like that in thirty more years. I have a LOT more life to live where I want to be active, travel, work, etc. It makes me so sad to see her in this state. Only one pound down this week but that's okay, one pound is one pound and I lost so much the week before this that it makes sense to be a little more reasonable this week I was afraid to say anything last week because I didn't think the loss would stick, looks like it did, and hopefully will keep on going. My WATP dvds and my Richard DVD came in the mail today so before bed I'm going to break one in, not sure which one yet!!

Misti - Yay on the scale moving again!!!! Now that the plateau is moving behind you you'll probably coast down for a while

Andie - Sometimes you just have to quash a craving, I'm sure the pizza buffet won't hold you back because you were aware of eating less than you once did and exercised that day. Our changes to our lifestyle have to be able to be maintained for a lifetime, and that means getting to have fun food once in a while too

Mechelle - I was about your weight when we first moved to Canada and I was horrifically nervous to get on a plane!! Not to mention we had to change planes three times in all. We were on Air Canada and the flight attendants were really wonderful - discreet about getting the seatbelt extender, kind about not demanding we buy an extra seat (I've seen some horrible scenes on that show Airline and was terrified of that) but put the two of us in a three seat row with an empty seat (there were plenty of empty seats on all but the last leg of the flight) without us even asking about it. I was pleasantly surprised to be honest, so it will probably not be nearly as bad as you might think.

Lilion - you have done so amazing that you shouldn't worry about that guy in your office. First of all, it is MUCH easier for men to lose weight than women - this is medical fact, their metabolisms work differently. Secondly, losing weight more slowly means you are WAY more likely to KEEP it off than he is. He may regain it all in another five months and be back where he started, whereas you're on a journey for life

Erika - that's a fantastic loss for you!! Congratulations!!! It sounds like with the new job for Amanda and the new apartment that you're on a great streak, here's to keeping it going!!

Katt - WTG on the three pound loss!!! That's amazing to be so close to your goal. My initial goal from last january for Christmas this year is so far out of the realm of reality that I'm not even going to mention it LOL. And WOW - YAY - Congrats on getting engaged. That's going to be one heck of a long engagement. I'll have to set that date aside on the calender in twenty years, yes? And you got the job too!!! WOW - You and Erika are both on great luck streaks I've had the same problem in the past with work uniforms not fitting... it's absolutely the worst blow there can be. But you know what, pretty soon you'll probably be telling them the 2X is too big and you need a smaller size That'll be a great victory day.

Colneen - WOW - WTG on the 7 lbs!!! That's amazing!

I'm sorry I didn't have a personal for everyone, I don't have a lot of time and while I read all the back threads I didn't take notes in time to remember everything. Here's wishing continued love and losses to EVERYONE. Have a beautiful day!!
Old 11-10-2006, 08:08 AM   #13  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Hi everyone! Wanted to post a quick hello before im off to work. I hope everyone's day will be great!
NONAMESLEFT: thanks for the kick in the butt to excersise, i need it. i was so faithful doing richard simmon's or walking, but ive become a slacker
KATT: Congratulations on the job! Im so happy for you. Before long, the 2x shirt will be too big
VOODOO: I am so sorry your having a rough time. I totally understand the feeling that everything is gray, lifeless, etc. The winter sometimes makes me that way. I dont know what you have tried, but i have a couple friends on Lexapro, and they seem to do well on it. I will be thinking of you.
KAYLEY: Have a great day, the Quizno's salad sounds good, i always see their commercial, but unfortunately, the closest one to me is like an hr away!
JILLYBEAN: I also, loved the pix you posted. The penguins are so cute! Im very happy that your car will be repaired, and your rental car taken care of.
TOOFATFORU: Hey, staying the same wt is so much better than gaining, thats a victory in itself!
MISTI: For you and the others with Gazelles, where did u buy it, and would you recommend it? i have a tread mill that i totally hate!, its too boring for me!
RAVEN: I took Wellbutrin once to help quit smoking. i dont remember it keeping me awake, i do remember it making me less hungry
EVERYONE: have a great day
Well, im off to work. For anyone i missed, you are in my thoughts. Its cool how this board is moving along so fast, i just need to catch up.
Bye
Old 11-10-2006, 08:09 AM   #14  
Each step gets me closer

Good morning ladies. Man I wish I was still in bed. I wish I could win the lottery just so I could sleep in every day.

Katt: Big congrats on your job. I knew you would get it. Sorry about the whole uniform thing. I have had that problem too. I'm sure they will get you a bigger shirt soon. And you will be fitting in that smaller shirt in no time anyway. Atleast you know that you will be working with some bigger people instead of a bunch of skinny ones.
I don't think you come off as bragging. You are just proud of your accomplishments & you should be. Its great that you are motivated to do stuff just so you can report it here, I feel the same way. I think thats part of the great thing about this place. No one in my real world life cares if I got in my exercise, or water or healthy food for the day. No one in my real world cheers for me if I lose a pound. No one understands how I feel if I've had a hard day. Thats why I come here, to get that type of support. So "brag" on.... I'm listening & cheering for ya.

Sharon: Sorry you are feeling down & having such a hard time. I can't offer more help then a cyber hug. Hope you find an answer soon.

Jill: I think that the new girl on Biggest Loser has done great. I also think she needs to suck it up & play as a part of a team. She doesn't seem to want to be there. She probably would have done better to stay at home & keep working. Just seemed a bit too whiney & know-it-all. But I also think that it must be very hard to walk in to a situation like that, a real culture shock. And the trainer was pretty hard on her. Dunno, we shall see.

TooFat: sorry you didn't see a loss this time. You were on such a roll that your body needs to play catch up now I guess. But like you said, atleast you didn't gain. Theres always next week. Just keep doing what you're doing!
Old 11-10-2006, 08:15 AM   #15  
Each step gets me closer

Katy: Glad you are back! Sorry to here about your mom, hope she is well soon. My mom also has all sorts of medical issues from being overweight all her life. It is a big motivator.
Congrats on your loss. Every pound helps!

Kymberly: Just let me know anytime you need a kick! I do walking & Richard Simmons too, hopefully I can be as successful as you have been!
Closed Thread