Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 08:46 AM   #16  

thanks for the support i am looking forward to next friday as i am sure FFM will be back!
Old 11-10-2006, 09:45 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Just a quick post from work! Not so busy yet, and I’m quite bored. I’ll be around, unless we get swamped!

Katydid - Bravo to you! You sound so motivated, it’s wonderful! Hope your Mom is doing well after surgery...and let us know which one you decided to do!

Kymberly - Wow, we have them all over around here! Hope you have a great day at work!
Old 11-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #18  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Katt – Congratulations on the job! Sorry that the shirt size issue was an issue. Hopefully by the time you get the 3XL you won’t need it anyway! Is there any chance you and Scoot can live closer together before you get married? It must be tough only seeing each other on weekends. Also, I can’t remember if I said anything, but you can see a remarkable change in your pictures. You are looking really good!

Sharon – Sorry you are still struggling to find something that works for you. This doctor sounds like a loser if he isn’t listening to you. Can you find another doctor or are you stuck with him? I think I might have asked you this before, come to think of it.

Jill – I loved your pictures. You and your BF are both so cute. I still can’t believe you get up so early to exercise. I am in awe!

Katy – My aunt had to have knee replacement surgery and she wasn’t even that heavy. I know that my mother’s side of the family generally has bad knees. It is definitely one of my motivators. I hope your mother is doing well and congratulations on being down – a pound is a pound!

I got my haircut yesterday at the new salon in my office building and it came out really well, although fairly short. It is just below shoulder level, but it looks nice and feels good to have a change. Not much going on except that I am glad it is almost the weekend.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:07 AM   #19  
ready to lose

S/C/G: 290/285/150

Height: 5'8"

MORNING LADIES!

Well we finally got alot of snow last night and this morning. We got about 3 inches maybe a little more. I was kinda excited but then no...I think snow is pretty from a far away distance. LOL. At work I had to shovel the entire sidewalk in from and on the sides of the hotel for guest and under the entance. It very tired but I got in about an hour of shoveling which is exercise! Im tired from moving all that snow but it felt good to do something.

Kayley- My doctor told me that it might make me a little sleepy but I always get alot of energy and i dont know why? Thats why i try and take it before i go to work at night time. so then it doesnt bother me during the day when i usually try and sleep. I dont know if this is normal or not. She also told me that if I start acting really hyper and in a happy mood and then get really down or manic i should call her because thats not good. I told her I hope that doesnt happen...Well hope everthing is great with you.

Kymberly- It also helped me quit smoking. it has only been 3 weeks but I feel really good about it. I just dont know if its the right medicine for me. I feel weird on it sometimes. I have to go back to the doctors next week to talk to her. So we will see.

I'll TTYL.
Raven
Old 11-10-2006, 10:19 AM   #20  

Nancy - I demand pictures!!!

Raven - I hate the snow...and I hate being cold...but I have to admit that shoveling snow is such GOOD exercise!! We're supposed to get snow tonight, but I'm crossing my fingers that they're wrong! Yeah, definately going from a super high to a super low is not a good thing!
Old 11-10-2006, 12:16 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

I am soooo annoyed. I worked out this morning as usual, half an hour on the Gazelle, and then 15 minutes of toning. All good. Then I walked with hubby over to ASDA and not even half way there my back really started hurting. So all the way there, all the way around the store, and ever since, my back has been killing me. I am annoyed because it’s stopping me exercising this afternoon I finally get back on track with my diet and exercise and now this has happened, grrrrrr. Well I guess I will just have to rest up and get back to the exercise ASAP.

Andie - yep those bridge/plank moves are ridiculously hard. My daughter can’t even do one of them and she’s not a big fatty like me Out of the whole DVD there are only two things I can’t do though, that one, and any of the stretches that involve lying on my tummy.

What a wonderful mommy you are encouraging your DD to enjoy exercising. I wish my mum had taught me to be an active person, but she was overweight, so like me now with my daughter, not much exercise was encouraged. Or I should say that I used to be like that with my daughters. Since starting this lifestyle change they have been dragged along with me

Colleen - thank you for fessing up about your crush on Gilligan I feel much better now about my crush on Gopher, I actually looked for some info on the cast of Gilligan’s Island on the Net last night. I wanted to confirm what I had guessed, that Mr Howel was the voice of Mr Magoo. Anyway I was sad to read that Gilligan, the Skipper, and Mr and Mrs Howel are all dead, and apart from one who died from Pneumonia they all died of Cancer

on the 7 lbs lost what a fabulous loss for one week, you are obviously doing something very right!

Sandy - I am loving how people, including you are fessing up about liking Gopher. Hey the man is married in real life, so I am sure his wife finds him gorgeous even now

I love your comment on what I said about the Government saying we are a drain on the health service resources “And, you're exactly correct about our weight being a drain on the health care system....so why don't they reward us for improving our health! Dorks!” Excellent

Lori - you are welcome for the info I gave you, I’ll let you know when I make the info-mercial

Ditto, I met my hubby on the Internet too and I knew within days that he was the man for me. We met one month after meeting on the Net, he moved in 3 weeks later, we got engaged in the May and married in the November, nearly a year to the day when we first met on the Net.

Misti - hope you get the Gazelle together this weekend and that you enjoy it.

Xena - hope you are feeling rested after a good night’s sleep. I just noticed you don’t have a weight loss ticker, did you used to have one, I can’t remember!

Katt - on getting the job, I knew you would get it. Sucks about the uniform. I used to work in B&Q ( a huge hardware chain) and their uniform top just fit me, but was much tighter than I would have liked. It was also the biggest size they did so short of losing weight I was stuck with it. But there was one saving grace, I wore an apron too so that helped to cover my tummy even if the ties emphasised my big butt

Oh yes that’s right, Gonzo was hunky guys name My memory for names sucks, I just remembered how gorgeous he was

Sharon - there is a section elsewhere on the board for people who are dieting and on anti depressants. I was on there a while back. I was just wondering if perhaps you could go on there and look at some of the posts, or perhaps put one of your own on there asking for some advice on various meds?

Raven - there must be something in the air, you woke up after your sleepless night with a bad hip, and I have somehow ended up with a bad back. It’s stuffed up any chance of me exercising so I am not pleased Isn’t it funny how in the past I had to be forced to exercise, and now I have to be forced not too

Great that you love Anastasia’s music too, it’s great to work out to amongst other things

Jill - loved the pic!

Patti - NO NO NO, I don’t believe it. How cruel of the FFM to miss you this week when you pushed yourself to exercise and everything despite not feeling well. She needs to have her wings clipped I think

Nancy - glad to hear you had your hair cut, I hope you will post a photo or two of how it looks. I had my hair cut earlier this week, just a trim and had it thinned out. I have to say it was lovely to fit into the chair comfortably and not grimace at my reflection in the mirror though.

I hope you are having a good day

Ok it’s time for me to go now, but I’ll be back later especially as I am pretty much stuck in this stupid bed resting my stupid back. Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 11-10-2006, 12:59 PM   #22  

Hi everyone-Just a quick few personals...

KAtt~I wanted to say congrats about your engagement and congrats on the job! Hope you enjoy your new job hun!

KATY~Thanks so much for sharing your experience. You know Alaska Airlines is really great. They don't embarras you and stuff. I think I will proably always be nervous about planes. At least I get to squish my hubby and not a stranger! But he is so tall he feels so cramped with his legs. I don't think airlines are comfortable in general! I hope your mom is doing ok! Congrats on your loss!!

Jill~I saw the picture you posted! You are so pretty!

Nancy~You will have to post new pics of your new haircut. I can not wait to get to Anchorage Sunday! We literally are going straight to get my haircut! The ONLY lady up here that can cut hair is never around or always busy. Haven't had a haircut in 10 months!

AMMI~sorry to hear about your back! Take it easy and I hope it gets better soon!

I know I have left a ton of people out. So Hi to all of you and I hope you all are doing good!

As for me. I proably won't be posting again until Monday evening. I have all of my doctor stuff Monday. And also the other main reason we are going to Anchorage is because DH has a conference all week. We don't even go back home until next Saturday! So I will have my laptop and I can post from there. It will be nice being away from here. But I am still so nervous. I have been having a rough time lately with just how big I am. I feel like everyone just stares at me. I so wish I could just blend in and not be noticed! But I also know I can't let those insecurites hold me back! I will just have to get a good positive kick in the butt! I will update you all when I can. And I just wanted to say I am so Thankful for all of you! You inspire me and just are there to understand how I feel! Thanks!

Oh and the next time you hear from me hopefully I will be eating some Subway! ( there is no subway up here)
Old 11-10-2006, 01:00 PM   #23  

Height: 5' 9" = 176cm

Just a quick question, if anyone can help. I had a small pizza for lunch (8˝) tuna, with cheese, olives – which I didn’t eat, some onions..can anyone tell how much callories is that…around 1000, more? Yeah I know, not a best choise

Thanks
Old 11-10-2006, 01:04 PM   #24  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavandel View Post
Just a quick question, if anyone can help. I had a small pizza for lunch (8˝) tuna, with cheese, olives – which I didn’t eat, some onions..can anyone tell how much callories is that…around 1000, more? Yeah I know, not a best choise

Thanks
Did you really have a pizza with tuna? Or did you mean a 6" sub? If it was pizza, did it have thick or thin crust? If it was a sub, was it plain white bread? Was there mayo with the tuna?
Old 11-10-2006, 01:18 PM   #25  

It was plain italian pizza, not a thick crust, no mayo. Just crust, tomato, tuna, onions, cheese, olives.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:26 PM   #26  

Ammi sorry to hear you have a back ache i hope you feel better soon.yes the FFM needs to have her wings clipped for sure lol!
Old 11-10-2006, 01:45 PM   #27  

Ammi - That bites about your back! Hope you get to feeling better PRONTO!

As for me, I had a really good lunch. A chicken breast sandwich with whole wheat whole grain bread (only 5 carbs a slice!), some raw broccoli with ranch veggie dip (yummy, and so GOOD for you!), a Kiwi (I have a new found love for them!), and I even brought a low carb/low sugar/low cal black cherry yogurt if I want a snack later! Even though I've been stuck for 3 months, I have to say that my eating habits have become SO much better, and I think that's a NSV in itself!
Old 11-10-2006, 01:49 PM   #28  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavandel View Post
It was plain italian pizza, not a thick crust, no mayo. Just crust, tomato, tuna, onions, cheese, olives.
I'm sorry, I've just never heard of tuna on a pizza before

Anyway, Fitday says an 8" "pizza with meat and vegetables, thin crust" is 572 calories (and that does include cheese--I checked the ingredients to be sure since it didn't specifiy in the description). I would htink it might even be a bit less than that since tuna has way fewer calories than pepperoni or sausage (which are the meats they use for the estimate), but I would think you'd be safe using it as an estimate.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:55 PM   #29  

OMG I hope its true, then I didnt do that much damage heheh

Oh really, you dont have tuna-pizza over there? No wonder I couldnt find anything hehe. Well I live next to Italy, and italians are crazy about pizzas I guess they have any kind lol. I always eat pizza with tuna on it, its my favourite. Thanks Jill
Old 11-10-2006, 01:56 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 298/290/200

Height: 5'8

hi everybody! hope everyone's friday is going well. this day is dragging for me!! i feel like i did when i was seven and had a friend coming over after school and the day just wouldn't go by. my husband and i have tickets to the theater tonight to see "spamalot" (a musical adapted from monty python's the holy grail) and i can't wait to go! a friend of mine saw it this summer in new york, on broadway, and said it's hilarious. hopefully, the rest of the day will fly along!

nancy--i have a suit from junonia also. i wear it everyday for water aerobics and really like it. it seems to be made from great material and hasn't been effected by all the chlorine in the ymca's pool (it did say it was chlorine resistant, but i wondered), or all the rinsings it gets. i hope you like yours as much as i do.

katt--way to go on the job!! how could they not want such a positive, sunny person working for them? and i agree, pretty soon you'll be asking for a smaller size shirt and tossing the 2xl one out the window!

katy--i hope your mom is doing well, and i understand how motivating it is. my mom always seems to have something going on--at one point i wondered if she was a hypochondriac. she is overweight also and has had or does have bursitis, diabetes, high blood pressure, and problems with her hips. she also walks with a cane and had knee replacement surgery about a year ago. she still doesn't walk much and gets tired quickly. when we took her on vacation to florida, she always had to get a wheelchair or motorized cart because she couldn't walk around the parks. she is only 58, but her body seems to be ageing faster then she is. i don't want to live that life either, for sure! and way to go on losing a pound--it all adds up and if the scale is going down any amount, i'm happy!

jill--i liked your picture from medieval night. the last time we went to florida, we went to pirate adventure. it was a lot of fun.

ammi--another internet relationship!!! i'm so excited! rich and i have been together 6 years this november 26 and were married two in september. we talked on the internet for a couple of weeks, then on the phone for about a month, then finally met in person. we met at the art museum and i had my friends call me after an hour so if he was weird or creepy or just not my type i had an excuse to leave (i love telling that story--rich didn't know that until the year before we got married and was like "what??!?"). we dated for awhile, even though we knew we wanted to be together due to our finances. finally, we were like, let's just do it. he proposed at disney and the rest is history. it was so funny when we did our marriage counseling at church. one part of it was to go to a saturday class and talk about everything that could come up, etc. the first thing we had to do was go around the table and introduce ourselves and say how we met. everyone was saying that they met at a party, or at a class, or through friends. we said we met on the internet, on a dating website, and everybody stared at us and a few even gasped. apparently meeting on the computer must be shocking! anyway, i'm always glad to know other people do it to and we're not some kind of weirdos!!

anyway, i'd better get off now. gotta run some errands for work. take care ladies! lori
Closed Thread