Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 08:48 PM   #16  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

I just posted this on the weekly goal thread and wanted to know if anyone had any ideas/suggestions about my problem with drinking more...

I did say that my goal would be to drink more water. Well, I DID do that yesterday, but I'm not sure it helped me at all. I noticed last week, when I had to have all the preparation for the colonoscopy, that even though I was drinking more, I was getting more and more dehydrated. I have scales that measure body fat and hydration. Well, out of curiosity, I weighed myself a few times over those days and the more I drank, the more dehydrated I got. I tend to go to the bathroom LOTS when I drink more. I have tried for a few months now to drink more, as people said that your body would get used to it. Not mine! I still kept going to the bathroom heaps.

Anyway... back to my original point. I drank lots more yesterday and today I am more dehydrated than I was yesterday. I am just getting rid of everything I drink. It is not much fun to spend so much time on the toilet either. I am still going to try to drink more, but I think I will talk to the doctor about it. I am wondering whether I am getting enough liquid from all of the fruit and veg I am eating. I actually rarely feel like I want a drink. I have to always force it down.

Oh well... I am still going to make it my goal, because I know that drinking is good for you.

Any ideas would be welcome, as it is VERY frustrating.

Zelma
Old 10-02-2006, 08:50 PM   #17  
Learning to love myself.

Oh, by the way (yep, it's me again... sick of seeing my face yet?), I have had medical checks to see if there is a reason I keep going to the toilet and they came back clear. Even had a couple of cystoscopies (where they put a tube in to check out the bladder) and they are NOT fun at all.

Just thought that people may suggest that, but I think we have ruled out any medical problems. I am just WEIRD!

Zelma
Old 10-02-2006, 09:12 PM   #18  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Ammi – Your pics are so great! What a difference

Luan – I love Kevin Smith! It is funny – I usually don’t like crass humor, but I just love Jay and Silent Bob. Don’t know what it is, but they are so funny together.

I meant to post today, but it was such a busy day at work. I guess that is a good thing, but I missed having the time. Eating over the weekend was – eh. The sushi buffet was ok. I definitely ate too much, but it was mostly fish so not too bad. I also managed to try some things I had never had before that I would never order a full item of like jellyfish salad and conch and giant clam sushi. Then on Sunday I ate a bunch of junk, but I came in under my calorie limit. I definitely felt it tonight though – my energy for the treadmill was kind of low. Also I definitely think exercise aggravates my problem, and tomorrow I will ask my doctor about getting that implant thing. I also talked to my trainer today and he is concerned, so I will ask my doctor to talk to him about what I can and can’t do.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:48 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Nancy, Ammi, Melissa and Kenya,

Your before and after photos are so amazing! I am so looking forward to taking some and seeing a difference. You guys are really inspiring.

Well everyone, I had so much planned for the day but I have been sluggish. I managed to go to Curves and workout and then the grocery store where I took my time and shopped. I read lots of labels trying to choose the best item. My DH had a Dr. appointment for his ears, poor guy is almost deaf due to congestion. He has a few prescriptions to clear them out and then on the 13th of this month he will be getting tubes put in them to keep them clear. I can't wait. It is frustrating to have every thing in our house so LOUD! I'm about ready to hop on my bike and ride as long as I can. I'll report my exercise on the thread later.

blessings all,
annie
Old 10-02-2006, 10:40 PM   #20  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

Melissa--1951 min!?!? That is AWESOME!! I guess you are right, that # is a minimum I am committing to do, that doesnt mean I cant do more than that.

Ammi--Thanks! I look forward to your posts, too!! Yes, it is crazy. I was thinking about it and maybe my friend wont try stuff on at the discount stores is because she knows she cant afford it and doesnt want to depress herself. But that doesnt make sense because then why would she try stuff on in the mall if she knows she cant afford it, either? And why when I tell her Shopko has 30% off all thier maternity clothes does she never go there?? I mean, the stuff she is trying on is nicer stuff, too, like clothes someone would wear to work or something, whereas I bought myself just some long-sleeved t-shirts for the winter and will dress them up for work or down for casual. I dont get it. Oh well, nothing I can do about it!

I literally gasped when I read your story about the hospital!! That is TERRIBLE!! I cant believe you waited TEN hours to see a dr! I mean, patient care aside, just from the standpoint of fear of lawsuits you would think they would be more on the ball than that! Oh, that just makes me cringe for you Ammi!!

I was really lucky and had some really good nurses. One of them was actually one of my old friend's mom. She was like "Do you know Tara?" So of course I got preferential treatment. And I was only like 22 so all the nurses totally mommy-ed me and brought me all sorts of treats and stuff. I couldnt get up from bed so they brought me like wet wipes and this stuff you can shampoo your hair without water and stuff. It was pretty nice. I guess if I had to be there for a week with my mom 100 miles away it was the best I could've had it.

Your pictures look GREAT!!! You are smokin' girl!! I cant believe the difference in you, especially the difference between how you look in the picture of you w/the star shirt on as compared to the pic of you now. You look so AWESOME!!

Lilion--Thanks for the recipe!! Those look really good! I think I am going to make those this weekend.

Kim--GREAT job on the kickboxing workout!! I swear girl, I dont know how you do it--job, school, diet, excercise, planning a wedding. Do you have kids, too?? Because that would just blow my mind if you did, in addition to everything else you do!!

Zelma--Good to hear you have no problem absorbing B12 and that it might just be simple to fix. I'm glad you were able to post! We missed you!!

That was so sweet of you to drop off a present for one of your students. You will be one of those teachers that the kids talk about when they are adults, let me tell you. I have had a few teachers really truly touch my life and I can tell you a lot of what they did was just simple little extra things. The Endangered Species and Christmas Around The World themes sound really cool! I'm sure your kids will love them! You were truly called to this proffession, I do believe.

No WONDER you've been tired lately! Getting up at 5:30ish and doing all that walking around in the sun??? Yep, I'd say you've had good reason to be tired. Especially with all the other work you've been doing for school and cleaning, baking, running around, etc. You've been a busy bee!! Oh, and I tend to be pretty long-winded myself, so no worries! I'm a fast reader and I enjoy knowing what's going on w/other's lives.

On the water thing, maybe you are drinking too much water? You say you never feel thirsty, right? Maybe the more you drink the more you are expelling, like you're expelling more than you take in, and that is why you are more dehydrated. Oh, and I agree that you are, indeed, just weird.

Jen--Hey, maybe that paracite will take some weight with it, too! What's the good of having a paracite if its not going to show anything on the scales??

I'm just teasing, I hope you take it that way. That does sound like a pretty nasty thing to have, I hope you didnt think I was making light of it. I hope you are feeling better soon. And I see lots of this for your weigh-in: !!

Nancy--That's cool that you got to try a lot of things you hadnt before on the sushi buffet. I've never seen an actual sushi buffet before. That is pretty cool. Is all of it cold?

I'm glad maybe you are getting some things figured out about your problem. I will keep you and your excercise routine in my thoughts!!

Annie--GO, Annie, GO!!! I'm glad your DH is getting something figured out with his ears. That is no fun. I have had ear problems for the past couple years now. My ears are just really waxy and I have to have them irrigated at the dr's ofc every so often.

It doesnt sound like you were TOO sluggish today--going to Curves and grocery shopping and then putting in your time on the bike!

I would love to see some current full-length pics of you!

As for me, I didnt work out at Curves tonight. I felt like crap all day and I almost fell asleep at a stop light on the way home so that was kind of my que that I needed to just go home. I did stop at Curves though to weigh myself and I am down 3! That takes me 1/2 way to my 1st 10 lb goal!!

The mgr at Curves saw me come in and she was like "How's it going?" I dont really like her but see no reason to be mean, so I said "Good, how are you?" etc. So I weighed myself and then headed toward the door to leave and she asked me how it was going again! I said "Good, you?". Again. Then she's like "How much did you lose?" Um, what? I said "3 lbs" but I should've told her to I mean, uh...shove off. She barely knows me, she never makes like a concerted effort to talk to me (in fact I feel like she just ignores me because she'll be talking to someone on the station right next to me and not even say "hi" to me). Then she's like "what plan are you on?" I said "Weight Watchers". Dude. What if I wouldn't have lost anything? What if I would've gained?? Hello, do we think before we speak ever?? Sheesh. I guess she thinks because she is the mgr of Curves and she is teaching the Curves 6 Week Solution Diet classes that makes her everyone's diet counselor. Whatever. Inappropriate.

Anyway, I'm off to bed gals. I'll see ya tomorrow!! Keep on rockin' and a rollin'!
Old 10-02-2006, 11:49 PM   #21  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

ladies. thank you so much for being my sounding board. its nice to know we can talk about other things than being fat.. lol. i ahve so much going on right now that i just cant think about it. the fact of the matter is that if he wants me he can work to get me. period. and if not. well, whatever. someone out there somewhere wants me, right?

i mean, i am helping institute a new film association at my school. im shooting almost every weekend coming up, i have school and work, and going back to finish my makeup class, and going to vegas for a week, and montana for a week. plenty of things to get my head straight and be able to go to disney world with my friend of 15 years and have a good time. i will just have to cancel our "romantic" dinner plans, unless something changes. i mean really, who has the time to deal with this right? lol

today was a great day. i went to school, had a great time, had our film assn meeting and am heading the committee to start a schoolwide film festival. im pretty stoked on that. and thats gonna take a lot of time too. LOL i really am too busy to worry about boys right now.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:29 AM   #22  

Hi Ladies - Just dropped in to day I got in another walk tonight! John and I walked for 31 minutes, yay! Gotta update my minutes! Oh, I almsot forgot..my week 20 weigh-in is tomorrow!!! AHH! I gained 2 pounds early in the week (right after my last weigh-in) so I'm expecting to be what my ticker says still. Oh well..I'm working at it now!

Melissa

Last edited by Vilandra485; 10-03-2006 at 05:39 AM.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:38 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Wel I caught up on the posts but only have time to 'do' the ones on this thread, I have MADE NOTES !!! so I don't forget anyone!!!!lol
Kenya, you look FAB in your pics, in your avatar you could give Beyonce a run for her money!!! xxxx
Valerie, I'm truly sorry things are (still?) not so good at home , will he talk? Or like most men just gets defensive or walks off & accuses you of 'picking' on him? I hope there is an easy answer, I suppose it's either you & he sort out whatever it is or you split, easier said than done, I know. As well as the feelings you have for each other there's finances & family to consider. I hope something gets sorted soon, for your sake, YOU DESERVE TO BE HAPPY!!!! xxxx
Melissa, I hope everything goes ok with the results, I had to have a check up as I noticed a funny lump & as my mum has had breast cancer it was a real worry. It turned out to be a ligament/muscle in my boob, being fat I'd never noticed it til I lost weight!!!! Here's hoping yours is nothing too. xxxx
Brandnewme, glad to see you back, STAY THIS TIME, EVEN IF YOU GAIN, with everyone's support you can do it. xxxxx
Vickie, great to see you back too, you have stayed the same, well a rest is as good as a change, lol!!!! At least you are maintaining and I'm sure when you're ready the weight will come off, just look how far you've come!!!!!xxxxx
Violet, WOW!!!!! I forgot you'd stopped smoking, you are doing so well AND you are now realising the health benefits of not smoking. I bet you are better off financially too, esp. as you aren't eating out so much, all that cash can now be spent on CLOTHES IN SMALLER SIZES!!!!!! Even if they are from WALMART!!!!lol I don't get your friend's attitude, we bought Wrangler jeans when we were in St Augustine (FL) at Walmart, we really enjoyed getting bargains, in the UK £40-£60 a PAIR!!!! ($60-$80, I think!!) We aren't poor at all, just shows how some people try to prove they are 'too good' to shop there when they should be putting finances BEFORE image!!!!! An old workmate of mine lost her house, she ALWAYS dressed her three kids in designer clothes & spent £100's on them EACH and she threw away any biscuits which were broken!!!! I couldn't understand it at all. We are all different but if you don't have the money DON'T SPEND IT!!! Silly people, lol. So glad we're all sensible!!! xxxxx
Lilion, thanks for the recipe, my middle son has trouble 'going' and because of his Autism (which affects his digestion too) he is a funny eater, but I will see what varieties of brownie mix I can find. Fortunately he is skinny so I can make full fat ones if need be.xxxxx
Zelma, I hope you find out what's wrong with your energy levels & water intake/output. Have you thought of going one or two days with LESS water & then checking your hydration levels? Have you mentioned it to your Doctor? Hope you get sorted out soon, all this exercise & healthy eating should be making you feel better.xxxxx
Brenda, can't remember if I said this but you look FAB in your pics too, CHANGE YOUR AVATAR!!!!!! You look cute, young & happy, you could have been modelling for a young plus-size fashion shoot!!!!xxxx
Ammi, you LOK FAB in your pics too, younger, slimmer, happier, who said cakes were better than losing weight????!!!!! NOT YOU!!!! xxxxxx
Well I ate a little roast lamb & veg, soup & a small portion of chicken & rice yesterday & feel better now. I am still sore in my tummy so I'm not exercising today, just walking but I'm back OP TOTALLY today. My weight is back up to Friday's weigh-in, but that's fine, I know I have to give my body the chance to recover & regain water AND salts etc I lost. I KNOW I WILL SEE A LOSS on Saturday though!!!!
Hope you are all keeping well & OP.
xxsharon
Old 10-03-2006, 06:08 AM   #24  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

Zelma- it is so good to hear from you and to see you are doing so well. Wow- you have been busy!!! I don’t know, but based on your descriptions of your days being tired enough for a nap seems perfectly normal to me. Up at 5:30a, plus walking in the sun, that would do it for me- a lot of days I work by 5:30a, and my 2:30p I wanting a nap- not that I always get it, but sometimes there is no choice! Good luck with the tests, but in my professional opinion I think you sound perfectly normal Oh- and I read the whole thing (do you really have medals?) j/k I really enjoyed reading about your past few days- I wish mine had been so lovely! I have no idea about the water thing- when I drink a lot of water I feel better, and my body has adjusted….I would talk to your dr. about that one. Sorry.

Jen- good luck with the parasite- so much fun getting kid bugs huh? I hope your weigh in today proves to put you right where you want to be- and 30 pound in three months is fantastic!!

Nancy- it doesn’t sound like you did too bad with food at all- I mean we can’t always hold ourselves to perfection, and having junk, although not great, isn’t horrible when you still stay within your calories. It’s good that you are aware of your body though, and the effect that making less than perfect choices makes on your energy, etc. Good luck with the doctor, especially considering that your trainer (a professional) is concerned , I would say it is worth looking into! Good luck!

Annie- I would imagine it would be frustrating to have everything loud. I love peace and quiet, in fact I don’t even like having the TV on, let alone loud. My fiancé pretty much is the opposite, always wanting some background noise, but at least I can bargain for quiet. Sounds like you did really good: going to curves, checking labels, and now your bike! Sluggish or not- sounds like a good day to me!

Amy- I don’t know how I keep up either. I do have 1 stepson, but only on the weekends. However, things slide, for example my house is embarrassing. Last week one of the girls from work was picking me up to go to the gym with her, and asked if she could change from work at my place. Of course, that hadn’t been my plan, I planned on meeting her on the curb, thus no seeing of my place. I said, yes, but only if you promise to close your eyes. I ran around trying to make it look decent. She didn’t say anything, but I know it was bad. Most the time I have a few dishes in the sink, misc. papers scattered everywhere, and laundry still in the basket not folded. Oh- and I haven’t started planning my wedding at all- and we’ve been engaged almost a year. I guess I’m not really superwoman- but I’ve learned to set my priorities, which are 1-my family 2- my weight loss 3-my school 4-my job 5- all that stuff I don’t seem to get done! Thanks for thinking I have it all together- I don’t though.

Great job on the 3 pounds!! I hate when people can’t mind their own business, but I’m guessing she was asking just to seem interested in you- and I doubt she would have asked how much you lost if she couldn’t tell be looking at you that you were doing well. Be careful with your rest though- I know all about pushing yourself to that limit. One time two years ago I had work 20 hour straight and was driving to pick a friend up to take them to work (directly after my 20 hour shift) and it was like 4am, so no sunshine or noises to keep me distracted. I feel asleep as I drove down the highway- next thing I know I heard a horn and there was a car! I swerved and since I was half asleep I ended up jerking all over the place. I just didn’t have good control of the car. I only barley nipped the guy, and although I gave him all my info he never contacted me. I think he felt sorry for me, because he had seen me asleep at the wheel, and how tired I was—just pay attention to your body- it scares me to think how bad of a wreck that could have been!

Luan- keep your head up! It looks as if your are starting to focus on yourself- which is perfect! Take care of yourself and everything else will fall together however is best. AND YES!!! THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE WANTS YOU!!! Just be patient- when you aren’t looking you will find it- when I swore off men because I was tired of their crap I met my fiancé and I was so serious about it I turned him down for 3 dates before I finally agreed to get him off my back. Keep smiling- your turn will come.

I'm pretty much out of time to post- just wanted to say I am doing good- getting ready for another busy day, but so far seem on track to be OP. Started today with 8oz skim milk and my nutri system breakfast bar. I did also start the day by being so sleepy i didn't set the milk jug on the counter- missed it by maybe 2 inches! So I also had a huge mess to clean- that will wake you up!! Well- have a great day ladies!
Old 10-03-2006, 08:00 AM   #25  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, everyone. Just dashing in at 5 AM before I have to get ready for work.

Wow, I love all the new progress pictures. You are all looking great!!

Zelma, good to see you back and no, we are not tired of seeing your face.

Ammi, regarding the ostomy... I can't relate that way but I do have a large indentation in my neck from where half of my thyroid was taken out. I have not seen this on other people who have had this... my scar is so invisible I have a hard time even finding it but the "hole" seems so obvious to me. Possibly it is because my tumor was so huge... about 4 or 5 times larger than they normally get. The skin around the "hold" is also flabby. I can be self conscious about it but I try to remind myself it is my "badge of honor." My test results prior to surgery showed indications of cancer but when they did the surgery the biopsy came back benign so it was a pleasant surprise. I remind myself I am on of the fortunate ones. So I have a "hole" -- I didn't have cancer and it is a reminder to be grateful.

Nelie, thanks for info about the parasailing. I am a bit disappointed as my specific cruise does not have it as a shore excursion even though it is listed generally on the site. But I am thinking of looking up some places on the Internet and maybe booking it on my own. I prefer to book through the cruise as they will be responsible and not leave you behind if something delays you... but the ship doesn't leave until 2 so as long as I book in the morning I should be okay. Or perhaps just wait until I get there and try to get a place. I did that on my other cruise. It's a lot cheaper that way too generally. You just don't have the protection of the cruise lines.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:49 AM   #26  
Learning to love myself.

Kim - Thanks for your reassurance that I am 'normal'. I'll have to show hubby that, as I am sure he thinks I'm weird at times. I do believe that my recent tiredness is normal and I'm hoping to feel a little more refreshed as the holidays progress.
I'm not sure I like your method of waking up. I can think of LOTS of better ways than having to clean up a heap of milk. Did the jug, by any chance, survive? I had a glass one actually bounce off the tile floor once. That was quite the surprise.

Sharon - Thank you for your suggestion of drinking less for a while, but I'm not sure that I could drink any less than usual. I actually don't drink a lot at all normally. As in, I can go ALL day without drinking, then only remember at dinner time when I have to have something to drink to take my vitamins, glucosamine etc. That is how bad I am. But during those times the scales show that I am about 5% more hydrated than I am when I drink more. I thought my body may have just been holding on to the liquid, and I just needed to 'flush it out', but after a few months of trying, nothing seemed to change. Then lately I have really tried getting a LOT of liquid in and that is when I am showing as being more dehydrated. Oh well... another puzzle to try to work out. I actually feel fine when I don't drink, but I still feel guilty as people keep telling me that I should be drinking more.
I'm glad you are feeling better now. At least you are keeping the food down, and it sounds like VERY healthy food too. Did you find out exactly what upset your tummy? Was the food just old, or was there something wrong with it when you bought it? I hope you let the store know if it was off when it shouldn't have been. Mind you, I never do that. I buy things like cheese and even if it is REALLY mouldy and the 'use by' date is fine, I still don't let the shop know. Maybe once I did, but most of the time I don't want to be a bother. I should get a backbone one day about things like that.

Brenda - I agree with what others have said. Your new photos look gorgeous. You look so young, fresh and thoroughly happy. Sharon is right, that pic would make a great avatar. Oh, and your 'man' looks pretty cute too. That is a good pic of him. It almost looks professionally posed.

Ammi - What can I say???? Your new photos show SUCH a difference. I am glad that you can finally see it. It's about time!! Wow!
Oh... about the tops. I'm not sure if you have considered them, but I have bought a few tops that I suppose we used to call 'baby doll' style. They are fitted over the bust, then fall quite a bit looser. They still show off the waist, because the ones I get have a tie that pulls across the back. I find them really flattering. They would hang loose over the ostomy bag. Just a thought. You can buy sleeveless ones, or ones with just a little sleeve, but I like covering my flabby arms, so I get the ones with longer sleeves. I think they would look really cute on you. I am wearing a black patterned one in one of my 'after' pics on my webpage if you aren't sure what I am talking about. They are really comfortable and cover a multitude of 'sins'.

Misti - I have never noticed any 'hole' in your pics, so I would imagine that you are noticing it far more than other people.
You are certainly brave to want to go parasailing at ANY weight. I'm afraid that I am a bit of a chicken and I prefer to keep both feet on the ground. Pathetic huh?

Luan - I've been pondering your situation for a few days now and I keep coming to the same conclusion. Have you ever thought that he WANTED you to see the email. I mean, it sounds as though it was very graphic, and I would imagine that something like that is not likely to be left open by accident. Wouldn't he be a LOT more careful with something of that nature? Especially if it was on YOUR computer. I am not sure WHY he would want you to see it, but I have been thinking that he could have one of two reasons. One - he is scared about how close you two are getting and wanted to 'back off' a little, but didn't know how to tell you, so did this instead. Two - he wanted to make you jealous so that you would perhaps progress the relationship a little quicker than it has be going.
Now... this is coming from someone who knows NOTHING about either of you really, but it just seems unusual that he could be SO careless with something so personal. I find it hard to believe that it was an accident. Just my 2c worth, for what it's worth.
I am glad you are feeling better and seeing that you have SO much to offer someone. If this guy wakes up to himself, and APOLOGISES, then lucky him. If not, then it will be lucky someone else. You certainly don't need to settle for less than the best, as you know for sure that you deserve better.
Oh... I suppose I should step off my soapbox for a little while now huh?

Valerie - I am so sorry that you are having doubts about your marriage. I kind of know where you are at the moment, although I wasn't married to my ex-husband for as long as you have been married. We were only married 14 years, but I worked out that we had really only been living together as friends for 3 years before we actually separated. He was a lovely man, but there wasn't anything there anymore, other than friendship. We still shared a house for a while, but I knew that there was more out there for me, and I wanted to find it. I needed a relationship with depth and passion. Not all day, every day, passion, but... oh... I'm not sure I'm explaining myself clearly at all. I just knew that something was missing, and it had been missing for a long time. I cried when he left the house, but I also knew that it was the best thing for both of us. Since then we have both found love that has brought out the best in us. I hope that you either find that with your hubby, rekindling something that may have faded, or you find the strength to move on and find it with someone else.

Amy - Hey!!!! You need to speak with Kim! SHE thinks I am normal! I know, she is definitely in the minority, but I am going to frame those words!LOL
Thank you for the beautiful comments about me as a teacher. I actually get a nice warm feeling when the kids invite me to their birthday parties. It just makes me feel so special. Believe me, I have some days when I could happily scream out of frustration at things my students do. But then there are other days when I just sit at my desk, watching them work, or just being really sweet to each other, and I get a tear in my eye. I really am pathetic. Those are the moments when I KNOW I chose the right career. Oh, and when I saw them on TV, during that show about me, I couldn't have been a prouder teacher. I told everyone at the airport that they were MY babies. I truly hope that I give my students lasting memories. I ran into a student the other day who I taught 10 years ago and he actually chased me up at the show (fair) to say hello. He had seen me on TV, so that was how he recognised me. I couldn't have been happier. He really made my day.
Congratulations on being down another 3!!! You were cooler than I would have been if someone had asked personal questions like that manager did. I would have been proud to tell people how much I had lost, if it was MY idea. But it is really rude of people to ask questions like that, especially if she hadn't shown any interest in you before. Perhaps she was hoping that you hadn't lost anything, then she could have convinced you that you had to use HER program to lose weight. I am glad you could let her know that another program was working fine for you.

Oops... I have to get to bed now, as hubby has to get up early and he likes to wait until I go to bed.

I have many more responses to make, and I just remembered some things I wanted to add to Ammi's... oh dear. I'll get more done in the morning.

Take care,

Zelma
Old 10-03-2006, 09:41 AM   #27  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Misti - don't worry about booking ahead parasailing. My friends and I didn't. There are stands as soon as you get off the ship advertising parasailing. We weren't planning on doing it (I'm deathly afraid of heights), but we talked to a guy at a stand in Key West and we decided to go for it. I don't remember how Cozumel was but I think it was similar. Various vendors advertising things you can do once you step off the ship.

Hi everyone! For everyone with their progress pics, you guys look great. I'm amazed and it makes me want to post a picture
Old 10-03-2006, 10:14 AM   #28  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Okee ... its after 2 in the morning and I should be in bed! But as Im awake I thought I would do a quick check in and see if I can finally catch up on some personals .. feel terrible not doing them before .. but soooo many to catch up on lol .. here goes

KENYA - Hun Im LOVING your new pics .. you look fantastic!! OMG .. just noticed over 100 pounds by a long shot!! WTG Girl!!!

VALERIE - Good luck on whatever job you go for .. definitely annoying when the bank shuts just before you get there .. esp if its a job you only need to spend about 4 minutes doing!! I wish more banks were open over here on the weekend .. Saturdays at least ... there are a couple in the big cities ... but on my side of the island no chance lol. Hope you had fun with your horse

MELISSA - Well done hun on your walk from the docs .. and Im sure you will get a clean bill .. amazing how you have to relearn your body when you lose weight .. everything is more noticable lol.

BRANDNEWME - Welcome back on the wagon .. and I know it must be hard seeing your work go backwards .. but its a lesson and Im sure it will just make sure you work on it again no problem (at least you know what you need to do now )

LUAN - Carrots high in starch?? Nugget .. learn something new each day .. well I do only have about 2 medium carrots into carrot sticks at night before bed ... and there are a few little ones in the froz mixed vege I sometimes have .. boy .. so many new pieces of info to take in lol .. Glad to hear you have reached that place where you value yourself higher than settling hun ... you definitely deserve to be NUMBER 1 in your partners life .. not a gap filler Huggies

AMY - Really well done on avoiding the temptation of those potato wedges .. they sure sounded yummy lol .. and I have friends like that too! One I offer something like a couch (still in excellent condition and better than the threadbare one she has but we dont have the room for it anymore) .. and she turns around and says .. Im not sure I like the colour!!??? HUH??? Its a comfy free couch!! Get a blanket or a sheet and put over it!! Gotta love those friends that make you want to hit your head against a brick wall lol. Great work staying OP too hun! Youre doing FABOO!
Its always better to aim low for your exercise target when you are starting out ... just cos you reach it doesnt mean you have to stop .. it helps to let you know what you are capable of and then the following month you can up it to what you can push yourself to if you pass your original target I started off low as well

AMMI - Im not sure how old your SD is that can eat the coco pops but cant actually have them due to your other daughter ... but maybe you could all sit down at the beginning of the week and design a menu to suit everyone. If your daughter is old enough then maybe she could help fix her breakfast (scrambled eggs/omelet .. just as good done in a microwave) ... maybe make a smoothie?? Or something we have over here are cereal bars .. there is cocopops in that range so maybe she could eat one of those at school when her sister isnt around to see her have it?? Seems a little unfair I know and it must be hard .. good luck with sorting that out tho.
Your pics are looking FANTASTIC!! You can sooooo see the difference .. esp around your face ... you have got a chin!! Looks stubborn too rofl. So wonderful .. cant wait til I get to 80 pounds down to see a difference like that lol.

LILION - Love that recipe .. I have made a note of it and will give it a try when I get the shopping next Thanks for that!

KIM - You are doing great .. and kickboxing is something I would love to do again some time .. I used to do it YEARS ago ... maybe that will be my next exercise dvd I decide to get .. having too much fun dancing with Richard at the moment tho lol....

ZELMA - Guess what I saw in the supermarket this morning??!!! Slimmers World magazine (I think that was the name of it lol) .. and who did I see on the front in a group piccy .. but YOU!! I grabbed the magazine and had a quick look .. but I didnt have enough cash on me to get it .. so when I get the shopping on Saturday with Scoot I will be grabbing it .. lol .. there was a lady in the same aisle and I said to her .. oooh .. I know this lady .... she is fantastic and such an inspiration .. and she went and bought the magazine!! rofl. I hope your blood tests come back with answers for you .. I have been having naps in the afternoon recently .. and I must say it has made me feel a whole lot better .... although I am a little late in getting to bed today lol .. so that will be a needed nap tomorrow then lol.

ALICE - icky about the bug .. hopefully it will be something easy to remedy. Great work on your OP and I really hope you reach your goal for your weigh in

NANCY - Great job at the sushi bar ... I would love to go to one of them again one day .. we dont have any in our town .. but there are a few in the city so maybe when I reach a great goal I can go over and meet up with Scoot on a Friday and then we can come home after dinner or something .. I remember reading about a few personal probs you had on one of the other posts .. I hope you are able to take some time to step back from it and maybe you need to set up a plan .. like a 5 year goal .. where you want to be etc .. then work out the pros and cons of issues facing you .. and if those issues will cause you to not be able to reach your 5 year goal. Huggies.

ANNIE - Well done .. hope you biked well .. I agree with you on the girls .. the pics are just phenominal and definitely a very inspirational photo array

AMY & AMMI - I was just re-reading about the hospital wait .. its just incredible .. I have had to wait some times over here too ... when I broke my foot down at the beach, there I was .. wet and cold .. and a foot blowing up .. and I had to wait about 6 hours .. only then did I get the attention of one of the nurses and asked her for a blanket as I was FREEZING!! She looked at my foot and said .. oh . you could have gone home to get dressed before coming in ...ARGGGHHHH ... well I said . Im not going home now just to wait another 6 hours .. still was another 1.5 hours before I went in .. very frustrating when you are in pain like that ... fortunately they have started changing the rules for emergency rooms over here ... and its not a case of first in first serve any more lol.

SHARON - Glad to hear you are eating again .. definitely not a nice thing to have happen to you .. thank goodness you didnt eat more of whatever that was. I look forward to seeing your new WI on Saturday.

Okee ... Im sure I have missed something .. one of these days I will remember to make notes ... lol .. but here it is 3am now and I think my brain is turning to mush so it must definitely be bedtime lol ..

Its been a good weekend really .. we werent doing overly much .. but it still flew by ... mind you .. September flew by really didnt it??

Got the phone call this morning that we have definitely got the house for dad! All we have to do is hand over the money at the end of the month .. but that is just a technicality .. so we are a lot more relaxed about that.

I did Richard Simmons tonight at 10.30pm with Ashleigh .. was not really in the mood all day but then suddenly got this burst of energy and thought why waste it lol .. so I managed to get in my official exercise today after all

Tomorrow we are going to Subway to meet up with my sis (the one I adopted as my sis . she is my best friend and we are closer and my real sis and I are). So that will be nice for lunch .. love my subway lol ... and then dad is going back home tomorrow .. and Scoot will be home again on Friday night .. definitely the weeks are going by a lot faster ... weigh in on Friday

Staying OP .. managed to almost make it to 2000 calories the other day .. but otherwise I have only managed to get to 1800 at the most with any regular occurence lol .. I love using Fitday too ... its lots of fun lol. I have set up a thingy on there for my daughter now too ... she has decided that she is aiming for 170 pounds by Xmas Eve ... and thats about 13 pounds away ... then another 11 pounds after that will have her at her "ideal" weight ... although Im not sure .. will see how she looks as she is quite big boneswise and would hate to see them stickin out ... just as long as she is healthy and her jeans are too big for her so I can nick em later on rofl.

Okee .. bed time .. night night all .. sorry to those I have missed .. I hope you are all doing well .. and to the newbies I hope you will post heaps so I can catch up with your news next time

Huggies all!
Old 10-03-2006, 10:24 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 303.5/see ticker/153.5

Height: 5'5"

Zelma - Sometimes I feel more dehydrated the more I drink as well. It seems like on days when I get a lot of water, I end up with a dry mouth much more often, so it's not just you It seems strange but I usually just try to ignore it and keep drinking, even if it makes me feel like I'm drowning.

Nancy - It's got to be tough to be taken out of commission like that when you've found something you enjoy doing, but it's awesome that you're continuing the routine as best you can. A lot of people would have become discouraged and found it to be an excuse to stop the program all together, so kudos to you for sticking it out!

Annie - I too, am looking forward to posting some awesome before and after pictures at some point. I can already tell the difference in the mirror and clothes that I haven't worn in a couple of years are beginning to fit. Good job for getting to Curves even though it was a kind of sluggish day. I have some pretty killer allergies in the spring and fall, but I can't imagine being congested to the point of almost being deaf. I know you'll be happy when the volume levels at home go back to normal

Violet - Congratulations on the 3 pounds! Some people just dont know what is and isn't appropriate to say to someone. Personally, if I gain, I don't want anyone to know about it. The counselors at the center I go to know everything right down to what pills I take everyday, but they have made an effort from the very beginning to get to know me and have been 110% supportive through every step of the process. I feel like I know them and they are genuinely concerned about what I am doing to change my life. It's those people who just go through the motions and pretend to be nice that get under my skin. Hope you're feeling better today!

Luan - We're here for you through whatever happens. I know that guys can be a giant pain sometimes. Good luck with the film association. That sounds like quite the undertaking, but probably totally worth it in the end.

Melissa - Congrats on getting in another walk. I wish it worked out for me on Mondays to get in some exercise but short of getting up before the sun, I don't have any time to do much of anything. I leave for work at 8:15 and don't get home until 10:30 or 11 some nights. Wednesday night I'll go to my first water aerobics class and get in the habit of doing that too.

Sharon - Glad to hear that things are going a little better. Hope things stay that way and you see the results you want on Saturday!

Kim - Sounds like a rough start to the day. Hope things get better as the day goes on. I'm pretty obsessive compulsive when it comes to my morning routine so dropping the milk jug would have set the whole day spinning in a downward sprial for me. Hopefully, no one else is as neurotic as me and just brushes those things off

Misti - I think I missed the post about your cruise. Where are you going and when? I've always wanted to go parasailing but have always been afraid to do anything like that because of my size. My parents and I are going to the Panama Canal, Costa Rica, Aruba and Grand Cayman at the end of February / beginning of March and parasailing was one of the shore excursions that I wanted to do. My dad and I were pretty interested in actually booking it and now that I'm going to be a lot smaller by that time, I might actually do it. Just hope it's not outrageously expensive.

As for me, I didn't get much accomplished last night. I was supposed to have a meal replacement bar for dinner but didn't even have time for that. I'm a sponsor for a Masonic Youth Group (International Order of the Rainbow for Girls) and we have meetings on Monday nights. I got home from work, changed clothes, went to pick up a couple of the girls who didn't have a ride and was at the meeting from 5:45pm until about 8:30pm. Then my friend, Jake (*name changed because this is the internet and anyone can read this) (who I am absolutely crazy about) and I talked in the parking lot until 10:30. We do this after every meeting. . . I'm keeping my fingers crossed that eventually something will happen there. I've started off the day today on program. I've got cauliflower and an orange for lunch but now I have to figure out some protein. Anyway, back to work for me. Hope everyone's having an awesome day!
Old 10-03-2006, 01:52 PM   #30  

Height: 5' 9" = 176cm

Good evening everyone! (at least here its evening lol)

KENYA I read what you said about starting to really like yourself again. Isn’t that great?! When you look at yourself and say ‘hey, I look gooooood’
I cant wait to be able to put some tight jeans on and I gonna stand in front of the mirror all day just looking at my self lol.

OK, my jeans are tight now too, but that’s totally different story

Amy seems like your friend is giving you some hard time, but her mistakes are hers, I guess some people just need to make them and learn the hard way. Hope you’re feeling better and din’t get that cold after all.

What you said about your mgr at Curves reminded me of something..does anyone else hate when people come to you saying how much weight you lost and blah, blah, blah. I hated that every time I lost weight…cant they just be quiet about it, pretending like they haven’t noticed it. Yeah, yeah I know Im weird , but I hate getting compliments when it comes to my weight or even any kind of remarks. Just ignore it and Im a happy girl

Ammi - Yes 100% OP days are great. Even though I’m a beginner now, I have a felling I gonna have lots of those days…hopefully.

Zelma - That’s the same reason why I don’t drink much. I just have to go to the toilet every minute. Don’t you hate that??? I’d love drinking more water but I do have other things to do besides sitting on the toilet lol

Im new here and it’s the first time I’ve seen your before and after photos. Wow, girl, you made me believe everything is possible and gave me motivation to keep it going. You are an inspiration!!!

Luan - Well if he is willing to work it out with you he should make some effort. Men need to learn that we won’t just fall in their arms, that we are worth fighting for if not then we will go and get another guy who would be glad to treat us like the princesses we are! Right?!

Anyway, another day another struggle and another 100% OP day for me!!!
Yesterday I did some workout even though I really didn’t feel like it, but once I started it was ok. I could do more then 35 but was interrupted..kinda didn’t feel like started the second time.
The problem is I only find time on evenings and after workout Im not sleepy anymore and then I stay up late, which is not that good as I have to get up early to go to work. Oh well hope I wont make that into an excuse

I feel good about my self for making an effort and I had my nails done so yeah it was a good day hehehe

I was thinking I really need to make my self an avatar and yeah, I gonna do a photo session tonight

Take care everyone!
Closed Thread