Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 04:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#980

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 08-15-2006, 04:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Ammi: I just posted to the old thread and at the same time I hit the post button your message appeared. Where did my message go? According to the new post list, I posted at 3:13pm but I can't find it. Do I write it again? Help
Norma
Old 08-15-2006, 04:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Ammi: Never mind. I found it. Sorry.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:38 PM   #4  

Patti - I hope you are enjoying your birthday. Sorry you are having a fat day, your birthday is not a good day to be having one of those.

Kenya - Wow your doctor must have been SO impressed with you to say he wants you to be an example to his other patients. Between that and your friend being so shocked to see how much weight you had lost, it really must have made your day.

Jen - I only have one tip for you to help keep you OP when you are back in school. Make sure you have plenty of low fat snacks and if you can make up some meals and freeze them so you just need to put them in the microwave or oven when you get in that should stop you missing meals, or being so hungry that you eat something you shouldn't. I think you have a lot of determination and that will help you to stick to your diet even when you are very busy!

Valerie - How you feel about that woman you met at Curves, is how I feel about our Zelma. Ok I know I haven't met her for real, but I email her and read her posts here etc, so to me that is enough, and it's just awesome knowing somebody who had lost so much weight. It's great to know people who have done what we are aiming to do, it proves it's possible!!

Sorry to hear about your horses leg. I won't ask how it happened, I shall go looking for your post possibly on the 40+ thread and see for myself what happened. I hope his recovery will continue well.

Brenda - glad to hear you had such a great day OP. What did you end up cooking for your super healthy meal, or are you yet to cook it?

Norma - hope you are having a great day. Sorry my post to end the other thread came just before yours. I will move it over here so everybody sees it

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 08-15-2006, 04:41 PM   #5  

Quote:
Hello To All Of You Special Ladies: We have so many that I have trouble remembering everyones names, but I'm wishing you all well.

Misti & Kenya: Good job on the weight loss.

Valerie: I'm happy to hear about your horse being able to recover. They are such gorgeous creatures. Tell me more about Curves. I saw a sign when I was in town and I didn't know what they were.

Patti: Here's hoping you have the best birthday ever!

Norma
JUST MOVED NORMA'S MESSAGE OVER HERE
Old 08-15-2006, 04:55 PM   #6  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Ammi~ Chicken and brown rice with broc and cauli. YUM! Better than last nights pig out

Brenda
Old 08-15-2006, 05:12 PM   #7  

Ammi - Am I that transparent?? LOL! As long as it's not more than about 2 times a month then I will let myself indulge...as long as I know I can "afford" it overall, and burn it off. And NOT near weigh-in, lol, I learned my lesson with high-sodium foods the couple days before weigh-in, grr, lol.

AliceEep - Thank you for the comments. I'm trying really hard to burn off as many calories as I can through walking.

Hi Ladies - Well the scale was not nice to me...and considering I didn't take in any extra calories, I'm guessing it's water weight....I had alot of salty foods the last 2 days. But I'm just going to leap into the new week....not worry about last week now...stay in my calorie range...exercise 30+ minutes a day...and that's that. I'm off the library for some new books!
Have a good day everyone!
Stay OP chickies!!

Melissa
Old 08-15-2006, 05:36 PM   #8  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

I can't believe how much I've missed since I last posted! Everyone seems to be doing so well- congrats!!

Well, I started my nutrisystem diet today, it's good, because you add fruits and veggies and dairy to the main foods they provided. My first thing was a blueberry bran muffin...which tasted horrible , It was so bad, I had to wash the first half down with water, and threw out the second half. After that I was scared to try lunch, and really upset that I might have wasted money (again) on trying to lose weight. Thankfully lunch tasted really good, (chicken catticitore-is that how you spell it? ) so I've decided to try everything I have, and make a list of what I like and don't like, so I can order approprietly. Hopefully I'll like more than I don't like.

I feel sore from my yoga today- It seems like it really worked my upper back, and legs the most. I really think I'm going to start doing it regularly. I brought my clothes and walked for 30 minutes after work on the treadmill-1.59 miles- i think that's good for 30 minutes...

Kenya- I'm going to school first for my associate in business and then for by bachelor. Congrats on the super day- AKA Dr's visit and seeing old friend! I'm sure you're on cloud 9, and you should be very proud of how well you've done, your down 100lbs from last dr's visit!!

Patti- Happy Birthday!! I hope you're having a good one!

Melissa- don't feel too down about not losing- like you said it could be water weight, plus with all the excersizing you do, you're bound to me adding muscle, and "muscle weighs more than fat!" Stay positive, you're doing great!

Okay- I need to shower, and pick up before fiance gets home... hope everyone continues to have a great day!
Old 08-15-2006, 07:01 PM   #9  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

KENYA – That is SO cool about the reactions of both your Dr & your friend! It put such a grin on my face!

NORMA – Curves is a women only workout place, so it’s a lot more comfortable (for me anyway) than co-ed health places and they have ladies of ALL sizes there. It’s an international chain of franchises, so when I travel I can work out at any one of them for free. They have a variety of machines to work different muscles, plus ‘rest stations’ that you just dance or jog on, and there’s upbeat music on all the time. You spend 30 seconds at each station (the music tape tells you to “change stations now”, and general go twice around the circuit. It’s good because most of them are very supportive and friendly, they help you track inches as well as weight, teach the importance of stretching, and are just plain fun to go to. I think they’re especially good for people starting an exercise program because there’s guidance and encouragement, and you can see your progress. They have a pretty solid diet program, plus 6 week Weight loss programs, recognition and reward programs, and just help keep your enthusiasm up. Not for everyone, and not the workout-to-end-all-workouts, but I highly recommend trying it for anyone looking for a start up workout program. If there’s more than one in your area, I suggest trying each of them to see the atmosphere. Some of them are more… ‘playful’ than others, but I’ve liked them all. You can check for locations on their website.

AMMI, No clue how Steega hurt his leg - it's like us, we can cross a thousand streets, then one day we step off a curb and zongo! we break a bone or tear a tendon. I'm just thrilled that he seems to be making such good progress. At least I know that all the dedicated cold hosing and wrapping is doing some good.

Hey, did anyone see Dr. Phil today? With that GORGOUS blond woman whose jerky husband wouldn't sleep with her because he says her thighs are too fat so she's not attractive anymore??? My heavens, that woman is BEAUTIFUL! The husband, on the other hand... Does he think he's Tom Cruise or what???

Incidently, Ammi and our other U.K.ers, do you guys see Adrian Paul in any of the shows over there? I think he's from over yonder and just wondered if he fell off the face of the Earth after 'Highlander.' I was hooked on that stupid show for years.

I'm downing some lemon water and then it's off to see 'John Tucker Must Die.' Talk to you later - THINK THIN EVERYBODY!!

Last edited by NoLifeWithoutHorses; 08-15-2006 at 11:24 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:24 PM   #10  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATTI!!!!!

I hope you had a wonderful day and you got to spend it doing exactly what you wanted. Sorry I'm a little late with my wishes, but I was sleeping and missed your post about your birthday until now.

Take care,

Zelma
Old 08-15-2006, 07:59 PM   #11  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Happy Birthday Patti
Old 08-15-2006, 08:09 PM   #12  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hi Everyone!

Seems I missed a thread or two.. been busy doing stuff outside now that my hubby's back again! We've been walking outside every day since he's been back, which is a good thing, even if I get a LOT tired trying to keep up to his pace.

Oh I saw a couple of neat things online today, if anyone is interested in it. There are some free podcasts on iTunes for exercise music. Look under podcasts, then there is a place where you can view by category and pick nutrition and exercise I think it is. They are all free!! Some are just talking about weight loss tips, motivation, and the others are long cardio mixes. I thought it was so cool, and even cooler that they are freeeeeee. (iTunes is a free download too by the way for those that don't know that)

We went out for a healthy lunch and had a chicken pita yum yum.

I'd like to know from those of you that do eat rice, which rice is the best/healthiest/lowest cal? I have "brown rice" which after it is cooked, seems kinda mushy, like a lot of starch. I used to buy white converted rice which had a more solid feel to it but obviously not as healthy since it is white. Are there any other types of rice I could eat that would be in the healthier category but aren't as mushy? (more like the converted rice I used to buy)?

Melissa good for you on the food choices. I have a 'one cheat meal' a week plan but I always try to choose something that isn't very very bad. So I might get a hamburger but usually small and no fries. Or I make something at home that would be a meal I like but try to make it healthier (use no fat cheese, no fat sour cream, etc). I haven't ever eaten burritos so I guess I'm not missing those, but I do like fajitas. As long as you don't eat a LOT of the treat food, then I think you can always have some on the rare special day. For me I find if I say "never again" that's going to be the moment when I just feel like "give it to me NOW I feel so depressed!".

Nightkatt - I see your daughter has missed a few days at school. How old is she? Did you ever find out where she was instead? When I was around 15/16 I skipped a lot of my classes too, I was depressed at the time and just found life hard in general. Maybe she's going through something. I hope she comes around

Kenya - awesome about the doc visit, you must be really proud of yourself. You have done an amazing job in the last year. Isn't it nice too that your doc was proud of you, sweet!!

I bought a new pedometer yesterday. I had one of those freebie from the cereal box type ones and it didnt' seem to work, so this one will be nicer. It has a clock, stopwatch, and a radio built into it.

Hope everyone's having a good week so far.. boy, can you believe how time is flying? It's almost September already? I saw one of us here has christmas stuff in their ticker!

~ Angie
Old 08-15-2006, 10:02 PM   #13  

Height: 5'8.5"

Patti... Happy Birthday!!
Old 08-15-2006, 10:38 PM   #14  

Wow, things are moving fast today!
Happy Birthday Patti!

Ammi- If you're ever in the U.S., ring me and I'll get you to the Crab Hose lol Oh, I had shrimp, oysters and scallops. Sooo good!

Kenya- Great news about your doctor visit! It's nice to be made an example of for good things!

Valerie- I saw Dr. Phil today and that guy made me sick! She should have packed up and left his sorry butt!

Had a really busy day today, but got my walk in and only had fruit for supper. Hoping to keep being a big loser!!
Old 08-15-2006, 11:18 PM   #15  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

NewsNerd - I loved it when Dr P told her "YOU don't need counseling - there's nothing WRONG with YOU." HAHahaha! In his defense, the jerky guy HAS had a whole culture as well as family who valued women as objects rather than people, and he's one of the few guys I've seen that actually seemed willing to try to change, and there didn't seem to be any issue of him running around on her at least... that said, yeah, out the window with him a LONG time ago. I think they both value and love their kids, though, and I think for the kids especially they'll really try to make a go of it and he'll take the counseling seriously. I sure hope so!

...and AMMI, I should have said it in my last post - YES! Zelma is one of my All Time Heroens (heroans? hero...ins??) ...idols. The lady I met was just the first person I met in person. To be truthful, my first thought (which might surprise her if she knew) was " I want thighs like that!" She said is was about the first time she wore shorts in public, even to Curves, and she felt self-conscious. What I saw in the loose-ish skin was hard-earned VICTORY! SUCCESS! A LONGER LIFE lived in FREEDOM! I know what she has conquered, and I'm on that quest. I didn't quite dare tell her, but perhaps I should have - I would LOVE to have those thighs! She talked about fitting into a bathtub again... things many of us understand, and simple dreams that many of us charish.

Went to a movie and then we went to Handel's Ice Cream stand. NOT your run of the mill ice cream - the coconut creme pie is THE BOMB! I had their smallest cone, enjoyed the first half, then threw the second half away. Enjoy life, but don't pig out on it, right? I can zing myself for what I ate, but I think throwing out some Handel's has to count in the NSV column... Of course, I'm going to weigh and measure at Curves on Saturday for the first time since January, and I may have a different perspective then. Ah, well...
Closed Thread