Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 09:08 AM   #31  

Well I ordered a scale online last week and according to UPS.com it is now "out for delivery" so hopefully I will have it today!!! I say hopefully because it still has to go through the mail system here at work so who knows. I've got my fingers crossed though.

Katt - Sorry you're having problems with DD. If she wants to talk to me I can tell her how much working for a living really does suck and that if I could I'd stay in school forever!!! Is she having any kind of problem with school that makes her not want to go? Maybe a reading issue or a bully or something? I'm no pro at this and I don't have kids I'm just pulling stuff out of the air!
Old 08-16-2006, 09:16 AM   #32  

heather sorry it wasnt me not having a cheat meal..i am not that strong a person lol! anyways i am back on my program today !
Old 08-16-2006, 09:35 AM   #33  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,

I haven't been feeling very good. I noticed it on Monday night when I didn't have the energy to do my yoga routine. I was quite annoyed. I had also noticed my throat feeling funny on Monday. Anyway, I was feverish all Monday night, I felt drained on Tuesday so I didn't go to work. I started to feel a little better Tuesday afternoon, with the help of some medication. I still don't feel 100% but I feel better.

Katt - I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. Maybe I missed it, but is there a specific reason she doesn't want to go to school? My cousins had a similar problem where they complained about school but really it was boys harassing them that caused them not to want to go to school.

Melissa - Whenever I eat out, I always put on water weight. It is because I don't eat much sodium at home but restaurants always add lots of sodium. Don't fret too much because you are doing very well.

I have only really skimmed the threads the last couple days so I hope everyone is doing well
Old 08-16-2006, 10:34 AM   #34  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

nelie I sure hope you feel better
Old 08-16-2006, 10:55 AM   #35  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimpossible View Post
Jill- congrats on being on plan 9 days! and you're already down a 1/2 pound!

heh, while 1/2 pound lost would still be good, I'm actually down 1/2 pound today in addition to the 8 I lost last week, so I'm down 8.5 in 9 days so far If it were only .5 after 9 days on a brand new plan, I'd probably ditch the plan Of course, I don't mean to say .5 is a bad loss; I just know that when you first start a new plan is when you tend to see the most rapid weight loss, so it will slow down as I continue

Valerie--haha, that necklace sounds awesome. I have plenty of guilty pleasures, and Highlander certainly is one of them. In addition to just, well, looking at Adrian Paul, I also love listening to him talk. I wish they'd air the series again, maybe late afternoons on Sci-Fi or something I know they used to run it at like midnight on TNT when I was in college, but I'm never up that late anymore (and yes, my roommates made fun of me for watching )

Misti--when it rains, it pours, right? Congrats on another -1! I hear ya on the early rising...I get up around 5am, too, so I can work from 7-3ish, which leaves me some afternoon time to run errands and whatnot if need be. Some people think I'm insane for voluntarily getting up so early, but another bonus is that no one else is in the office when I get there, so NO interruptions for the first hour or 2...I get SO much more work done that way!

Alrighty, off to find the Planning for Today thread in the Support section so I can be accountable for my day's menu...catch ya chicas later!
Old 08-16-2006, 11:20 AM   #36  

Valerie and Jilly: See! I'm still lurking. And yes - I am a closet Highlander fan. The only TV I watched when DS was little was Disney channel and Highlander. I even had tapes. I didn't realize how much I watched it until at the age of about 2 he saw a guy with long dark hair and said "There's Duncan McCleod of the Clan McCleod!" (And he knew by age 4 that the surest way to kill anything was by decapitation...I don't know what his pre-school teachers thought of that!)

Toodles!
Old 08-16-2006, 12:01 PM   #37  
Eating for two!

Lilion--see, now, I knew I liked you for a reason You should come out of hiding more often...the progress in your signature is awesome! Here I am not even 25 pounds less than when I started back in the day, but I'm workin' on catching up.

Man, I soooo wasn't feelin' my lunch today. I had a SmartOnes Santa Fe Chicken meal, which I usually love, but I just was not in the mood for it today. I ate it anyway, but I did so with no smile on my face, and I played 5-year-old and mostly just picked out the chicken and left half the veggies in the dish (now in the trash) I guess I should be proud that I ate what I brought despite the offer that was extended to me to order Chinese (no way I'd be getting just chicken and veggies if I ordered Chinese--it's be some FRIED chicken drenched in a thick, sweet sauce ). But also, that tiny meal really filled me up. I think my stomach may have shrunk (which I know IS possible), which is a very good thing
Old 08-16-2006, 12:21 PM   #38  

Jilly - The progress hasn't been progress for months now. In fact, I can't remember when I last saw any downward movement on the scale that didn't go right back up up again later! I just looked around and found an old WI post from March where I weighed EXACTLY what I weighed today. (Which is actually two pounds up from what my sig says.) It's incredibly depressing.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:30 PM   #39  
Eating for two!

Lilion--even if you're not currently losing, you've made so much progress...it can take yearsfor some people to lose 80+ pounds! I've probably lost that much, but only if you count having lost the same 5 pounds 16 times I understand the frustration, though...until just last week, I hadn't seen any real progress since last year's holiday season (Christmas really killed me!). I gained back quite a bit, and it angers me to think of the progress I could have made in all that time, but at least I'm back on track now. But you, even if you're up 2 pounds from your sig, haven't had much of a backslide at all...just a trial period of maintenance
Old 08-16-2006, 03:25 PM   #40  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

STOP! HOLD IT! WHOOOOOOA, even!

Please don't post here.
Please join us on 300+ AND READY TO TRY AGAIN #981

We'd be ever so tickled to meet you there!
Closed Thread