Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 06:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#979

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 08-14-2006, 06:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Missy - Sabrina answered your question about if there is a new GTA this year. I only found out about it from her, so I am glad she saw your post

Well done on going over 1000 minutes with your exercise, you are amazing. My goal is 1000 for the whole month and you are already there now!!

Patti - no Daren has never heard of God of War. I was quite shocked actually, it's not often he hasn't heard of a game even if he doens't like it. Is it an RPG?

Sabrina - lol did you manage to get a memory card? It will be awful to do a load on the game and have to lose it. Were you happy that hubby bought the PS2 and the game? It sounds like it was quite a bargain, especially the game!! Was it all the talk about the game recently that got him ending up buying them

Ok well it's nearly midnight here, so I am going to say goodnight to you all, and I will catch up with you all again in the morning. Just one more day and then Beth is allowed out, woohoo, I can't wait to go out again, talk about Cabin Fever

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 08-14-2006, 07:38 PM   #3  

Yep I just got back from Walmart with the card.

Oh and there's a game out called GTA Liberty City Stories and it's for PS2, but I'm not quite sure what that is. Must do some research!
Old 08-14-2006, 07:51 PM   #4  

Sabrina better go get that memory card!Ammi it is a action game but it has all these mythology figures in it and big old monsters i think he would like it is a big game over hear in fact they are already got a God of War 2 coming out!
Old 08-14-2006, 07:52 PM   #5  

Sabrina what a nice surprise a playstation 2 lol!
Old 08-14-2006, 08:12 PM   #6  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Wow .. I missed another WHOLE thread!! rofl .. I just cant keep up.

Not much to report on my end ... other than I am extremely tense and I havent got any housework left to do and its miserable outside so I cant go kill some more of my garden (Im not very good with plants rofl).... I got a phone call from my daughters school to say she wasnt there!! Then they said they would just double check to make sure she hadnt just signed in late .. but nope .. AND she wasnt there yesterday either!!! Only they didnt ring me. Im ready to pull out my hair and pig out on chocolate ... BUT ... instead I am going to keep my hands busy either with the computer or cross stitch and keep away from the kitchen until I am feeling a little better .. lunch will be late today. Still .. at least I get some more of my cross stitch done (for those that havent seen them yet I have posted pics of some of the cross stitches I have done on the pics post) ... just getting a little hard holding myself together today really.

Everyone is looking like they are doing great .. all these games I have never heard of rofl .. I really need to get out more rofl .. and the idea of dancing to lose is a great one too .... Im still waitin for my turbo jam . but I have just got Denise Austins Fat Burner in the post for a week so will get that in the machine soon ... little sore from all the cleaning yesterday .. but the house looks nice rofl

Well done everyone .. it definitely helps reading what is going on with all of you to keep me focused. Huggies and thanks!
Old 08-14-2006, 08:45 PM   #7  
Here we go again!

S/C/G: 319/319/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Hello Everyone!

It's Monday! I want to exercise tonight. I haven't exercised like I wanted to....yet. I'm only asking 2-3 times a week at this point since it's been so long LOL! Everyone's doing so good, it helps me to stay OP. I didn't eat all my lunch today because I just could not stand one more bite of salad! But I didn't go to the vending machine either. I waited to get home and cook a good dinner.

School starts for me next week. This semester I am taking 3 classes--11 credit hours. I'm just one hour shy of being full-time! Now that's scary....I can't wait until I am finished with my degree and maybe then I will actually have some time to see what everyone has been talking about--I'm having to ask my kids what is RPG and stuff like that! Games.......what a concept!
Old 08-14-2006, 09:14 PM   #8  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Brenda and Ammi - Thanks for the info on Guild Wars. I might have to check it out. I don't like playing with other people. I like to meander through and not be pressured. I don't want to miss anything, so I take my time. For me it is also a form of escape, and I want to be the one to control it. There is a new Neverwinter Nights coming out in the fall, so if I don't pick anything else up before then, I have that to look forward to.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:17 PM   #9  

nancy i am just like you i like to play the games by myself... i will however play them with my suis when she visits though!
Old 08-14-2006, 09:32 PM   #10  

Hello chickies!
Just checking in real quick. Had a stressful (at times) and busy (but sometimes fun) weekend. Had the best seafood ever! If you are ever in Charleston, SC, I highly recommend the Charleston Crab House. Good stuff.

Hope y'all are doing well. I'm gonna go read some threads and try to catch up!
Old 08-14-2006, 10:02 PM   #11  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

Hello all- everyone seems to be doing so well! well today was a pretty good- I had been bummed earlier that I couldn't make it to my cycling class because of work, but I went anyway to do a machine. I noticed that a yoga class was going to start just minutes after I got there, so I decided "what the heck, I'll try it!" Yoga has always seemed so intimidating to me (not the most flexible person) plus I never felt like you could get much of a work out--I'm a high energy excersizer. but it was great! I wasn't the best, for sure, but by the end I felt like I had accomplished so much, and I was so relaxed. I think i might start taking it regularly.

Missy- WoW! 1000 minutes of excersize- that's awesome, it's only the 14th of the month! What's your goal- since you're doing so awesome? I haven't thought in the concept of minutes, so much as times per week- i'm shooting for 3 or 4.

Sabrina- I'm glad you went and got a memory card- if yall are anything like me, without a memory card, i would just have to keep playing until i won the game But you really did get 2 great deals- i don't have a system, i stick to PC games, b/c I can't justify to myself buying a system, but i need a PC for work, school, etc, so I play on the PC.

NightKatt-I know i'm behind, but how old is your daughter? she sounds like a teenager, skipping school and such. I know you have to be frustrated, but you are doing so good staying OP, don't let her sabbotage you! We are all so proud of you--emotional eating is the hardest to resist and your still sticking with it.

Sue-I'm with you on going to the gym 2/3x a week! It's a good place to start, and having a reasonable goal keeps you from feeling discouraged and giving up.
What are you studying at school? I'm taking 12 hours starting in a couple weeks, so I feel your pain.
good job on not going to the vending machine when you were tired of your salad. I understand temptation, believe me, I work in a resort, and have access to the back halls with good food sitting in hot boxes, with banquet captains saying "come here baby-let me make you a plate!" they are so sweet to all the coordinators trying to feed us, but they just don't get the concept of a diet

Well-my food for nurtisystem came today, so I'm going to dive into it and see what the plan is for tomorrow. Goodnight everyone!
Old 08-14-2006, 10:05 PM   #12  

Hi Ladies - Got in a walk again today....55 minutes! I'm going to have a nice dinner with DH later on....not something good...but nothing "off-limits" either...he wanted a "treat night" for dinner, and since I think my week is a no loss one anyways, AND the dinner won't be burgers and fries (my only real "never allowed" meal foods - if I don't make them myself at home), I'm gonna RELAX and have a yummy meal with my man. I deserve it, darn it, LOL! It's not like I eat high cal foods everyday...about once a month, so...I will recover from the extra cals...! Wait....am I ruining my progress? Sigh....
Have a good one everybody!
Stay OP chickies!

Melissa
Old 08-14-2006, 10:28 PM   #13  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Wyllenn, That’s SO great that you swam in the ocean! Weightlifting always sounded like something I’d enjoy if I could get to it. Sounds like the results are wonderful!

Brenda, WTG! On walking the 67 minutes! I love the feeling in my butt when I’m getting the chance to walk, even my 30 minutes.

NightKatt, I’d be ready to pull my hair out too, if my daughter was missing from school. I hope everything turns out OK with that, and that she doesn’t miss any more… at least that you don’t know about.

Sue/TxTilly, I’m sorry if I missed it – what are you going to school for?? I know we have a couple nurses, a couple HR folks (myself included), Luan is doing stage makeup (Where is Luan these days?)

Melissa, You’re really doing awesome with all your walking! I hope you had a great date with DH.

I haven’t done a lot of disciplined exercise, but I’ve been messing about at the barn quite a bit. Had to climb the hill to get stuff out of my car several times, so that was good – love to work those butt muscles. I’ll try to get to Curves in the a.m. – I haven’t been there much lately.

I love SF popsicles! Bought a box tonight and have them half gone, but at least those are guilt free.

Off to bed now. Keep up the great work all you inspiring, motivating chickies!
Old 08-14-2006, 10:51 PM   #14  

kimpossible - Going by days per week I aim for 7...I've exercised everyday since I started....with an average of 60 minutes of walking everyday, and 25 minutes of upper body strength training every other day.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:39 PM   #15  
Here we go again!

S/C/G: 319/319/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hello again. I exercised some, a little, as long as I could. I'm doing some tapes I have, just trying to build up some stamina. I'd be waaaaaaay too embarrassed to go to a gym right now because there's no way I could even try to keep up! Not yet, anyway.

For those who asked, I'm going for my associates degree, almost finished with that, and then I'm going for my bachelor's in business management/marketing. It seems like I have been in school forever, taking two classes at a time. But it's worth it.
Closed Thread