Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 09:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#966

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 07-31-2006, 10:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Hi All,

Well I haven't posted for a while and I see I am miles behind again, so I think I better try to catch up.

Hpnotq - I see on your post that your exercise goal has been met for this month Sorry you haven't been posting for a while, is everything ok?

Sharon - I think you look FABULOUS with red hair, it really suits you. I was a bit worried that it might look a bit harsh after seeing how much blonde suits you, but I think you are one of these people that can look great no matter what the hair colour. I am glad you finally posted the pics. Your boys look like butter wouldn't melt in their mouth lol, even your litte dirt magnet

Your ankle looks so painful, I wonder why it's more sore today, did you walk on it too much yesterday do you think?

Thanks for asking about my WI, it went very well, I lost another 6 lbs

Newsnerd - that's great that you feel like you have lost weight, I hope you see a loss on the scales to compound that feeling How are you coping with the MIL?

Patti - that is brilliant that you hubby wants to lose some weight now too, it will make it so much easier for you not having the temptation of his fave foods around you.

How are the headaches now? I am glad you got some meds that will hopefully make you feel better soon. Don't worry that you can't exercise, just concentrate on feeling better

Valerie - remind me, are you doing the SB diet? I figure you are seeing as you didn't want to eat any bread. Good on you for having the willpower not to have any

Over here right now we have a band in the charts called the Zutons and they have a song out called Valerie. I really like it and every time I hear it I think of the only Valerie I know - you

SugarKube - to you for losing 8 lbs, and to hubby for losing 8 lbs as well, you guys are obviously doing something right

Melperimeter - hey there lovely to see you here, and well done on jumping right in amongst us to introduce yourself. This forum runs at a super fast speed, but just remember nobody expects personal replies, so if all you have time for is a quick hi, then please pop on just to say that

I used to have a friend that lived in Trenton NJ, he's moved now to PA I think. You saying you don't live far from there reminded me of him

Angie - sorry that TOM brings you down so much, are you trying for children, just wondering why you came off the birth control if it helped out so much? I use the Implaon contraception and haven't had TOM for 5 years, bliss

Good luck when you weigh tomorrow, that when you get on the scales it will be one of the days where you see a loss!

Not long now til your hubby is home, I am sure you are counting down the days, hours, minutes etc, I know I would be if it was Daren away from home.

Misti - what a wonderful NSV you had, congrats on getting yourself out of the pool by the ladder. Keep on going as you are and soon enough you will be hauling yourself out along the side of the pool without even having to use the ladder I had a nice NSV yesterday, I actually sat in the bath without feeling like I was wedged in

So it seems I have to offer the FFM a bigger incentive to be nice to Patti and yourself, I thought ice cream would do the trick because of the hot weather, perhaps I better offer a years supply of the stuff, Skinny Cow of course, can't have the FFM gaining weight

NightKatt - boy oh boy you have had your fair share, more than your fair share actually of accidents. Do you have two left feet

Sorry you are going to be missing your hunny when he goes back to the city. Sharon mentioned how we both had our guys move in with us not long after we met. With me I met my guy online, met him in person after 2 months, and he moved in with me 3 weeks later We just couldn't bear to be apart and as he lived 5 hours away on the train weekend visits just weren't enough. We got married the same year

Karen - that's wonderful that you showed some online friends your photos, I am so glad they gave you a good response. I am sure before long you will work up the courage to do that face on photo, but it's one step at a time, and you are doing so great, well done.

Caleigh has loved drawing that picture, she traced it first but is now perfecting copying it. She wants to know if you have any more I told you she's a huge Sailor Moon fan

Zelma - have a wonderful time in Sydney, can't wait to hear that you have won the competition. If for some ridiculous reason you don't win, well they are just blind, and you are a winner to all of us!!

Endthereign - I don't think I have said hi before, so hello and Wow that is awesome that you and your hubby went for a three mile walk so early in the morning. I could never even drag myself out of bed at that time, and definitely wouldn't get up to go walking Good on you for being able to do it and enjoying it.

Rkrs - how are things with you, are you still dancing

Nancy - they were some pretty fabulous NSVs, I bet you were feeling pretty great by the time you got home. Now if only we could bottle those wonderful feelings of achievement and pride and keep them for our down times we would never go off track on our diets

Brenda - how cool is that that your FIL is a singer and song writer! Are you going to get him to teach you to play the guitar after you have bought it? I used to have a guitar when I was 13, I managed to play Wooden Heart and King of the Road on it before I lost interest and took up the Cornet in the school band!

Missy - enjoyed our chat last night, hope to catch you again.

Crock - where are you, haven't seen you in a while, are you ok?

To everybody else I didn't mention, hope you are all keeping well and on track, and if you aren't, then remember that tomorrow is another day

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 07-31-2006, 10:46 AM   #3  

wow Ammi did you lose 6 pounds this week? thjat is wonderful i was looking at your ticker
Old 07-31-2006, 10:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hello Chickies

I'm just checking in quick. My scale has been nice to me and I'm down to 230 lbs. Yay! That means that my plateau is over and I'm going to start shrinking again--hopefully.

Congrats on the -6 Ammi and Congrats on making the semi-finals Zelma. Those are the two things that I remember off the top of my head. I'll come back later to make more personals--right now the bf and the laundry is calling me.

Have a great day ladies.

Vicki
Old 07-31-2006, 11:40 AM   #5  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

HOLY GUACAMOLE BATMAN! AMMI you're down ANOTHER 6 pounds!? You totally rock, girl! On the SB thing, that's where I started but I can't say that I'm really doing it now because I don't stick strickly to the rules. It did teach me that there are things that really destroy me and kick my appitite into 'ConSume-the-Universe' mode. Bread, pasta, anything with refined sugar/flour in it. When I start on those, I can't stop! It's hard when my housemate refuses to stop bringing home bagels, etc., because it's so easy to convince myself that "Just this one won't hurt" or "I'll just deal with the cravings tomorrow - I can handle it." Yeah, right. I'd like to get on the Fat Flush, but for now I have to settle for just incorporating some things into my diet, like taking flaxseed oil (for Omega 3 & 6 & GLA which is good for burning stored fat and keeping girly hormones balanced) and drinking water with a splash of pure cranberry juice or lemon juice (which helps flush impurities from the liver & kidneys and helps removes excess liquid stored in other tissues.) I was hoping to really do the whole program while I was home this past 2 weeks, but between being deathly ill the first week and dealing with the Fair (no sleep, bad food) the second week, I just didn't do what I should have.

SHARON/VooDoo, There are plenty of grown men who weigh what you do who still ride. Why do people think that a 250 woman weighs more than a 250 pound man on horse's back? Gabe is 16 hands and he's pure power. If I was a man in armour he'd still be able to carry me, so why not now? A friend of mine & I were discussing just yesterday our preferences in horse types. She's tiny and very athletic and a super rider. She prefers Arabians and little horses that zip & spin on a dime. I go for the powerhouse types with oodles of muscle and bone... like my friesian boy. He's sucha hunk. Maybe I should still set that as a goal tho - to ride him when I hit 250. Boy THAT should put a fire under my wide hinny! It would also be a lower weight than I was when I got married.

ZELMA, my fingers are crossed for you, where ever you are.

NIGHTKATT, FANTASTIC on Just Saying "NO" to chocolate. I had developed that bad habit lately of indulging in it if I bought it at the Natural Foods store and it had extra calcium, etc. But it's still Chocolate, made with sugar, and for me that's like shooting myself in the foot. Keep up the great efforts & keep drinking that water. Sounds like an NSV to me!!

Wow, VICKI, 230 pounds! It still sounds a world away to me sometimes, but you've shown me that it can be done, and I want it too! CONGRATULATIONS on breaking that plateau and heading on down towards One-derland. I hope to meet you there some day, but for now you're ssssssmokin' me!

WYLLENN - The August Exercise Thread - I'm with ya! I'm still just SO impressed with how wonderful you continue to do every single month!!

LADIES, the scale mercifully returned to my Pre-Fair weight this morning, 277, so I don't have to change my ticker back up ( I HATE that!) Now it's onward and downward. So far today is a "10" foodwise, so I'll just keep it that way! I'm back on the truck any second now - when ever the phone rings with a load offer. I still have clothes in the washer and some things to cook up to eat while I'm on the road, so I hope it doesn't ring TOO soon. I'm as mentally prepared as I can be, I guess. Now I just need to stick to my exercise, eating & studying and come home ready to ride. Yes. I'm ready. I just hope I have time to stop back here and visit, because it makes such a difference for me in how focused I am.

Well, C-YA
Old 07-31-2006, 11:46 AM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Hi all. This weekend I wanted to go hiking but the heat persuaded me against it. I did go to the gym though and got in a good workout. I have eating very well but my workouts have been slacking. The month of August will not be a month of slack for me, despite the heat.

I also happened to measure my waist this morning and I'm in the 30s. My waist is 39 inches which is down 17 inches total from my highest waist measurement of 56. Now if only the scale would move but TOM is winding down and I expect a couple lbs to disappear.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

What a time I've been having! Well ladies so sorry to have missed so many threads and so much of your lives! I have been very busy, stressed, not doing so well. I'm much better now Thank God. Last I spoke to you all I was packing for my move to our new house. Well, the day we were supposed to go and sign papers, we found out it didn't pass the appraisal so that means the owners/sellers would have to lower the pice another $20,000 for us to get it. Of coarse they said no so, here were are having all our stuff packed, at the end of our 30 day notice to our lad lady about moving from this rental with no place to go. In addition to that, I was told that some spots on my tongue were either Cancer or a yeast infection caused by a strong dose of antibiotics. I would know depending on how it reacts to the medication I was given. And one more little thing happening was my darling husband allowed his drug newphew fresh from prison and on meth to move in even though I pleaded with him not to. So. I was a bit stressed. I praise God for clearing everything up. My tongue is responding nicely to the medication!!!! no cancer! My husband's newphew had to be put back on the bus to home because he couldn't pass the background check and drug checks (a couple of things my husband told him he would have to pass to live with us) and the landlady extended our stay here. LOL Everything usually works out weather I worry or not. I wish I would learn to stay calm

I will try to do a few personals please don't feel shafted if I forget to mention you this time by name. Still love you all!

Sharon: Love the hair, so sorry about your ankle

Ammi: another 6 pounds you tried to sneak by us! You are doing so well sweetie! I am so proud of you. I love the pics you put on here. You are a doll. Great before and after diff.

Kayley: love the pics and what a difference in before and after. Congrats on your promotion!

Brenda: beautiful flowers

Newsnerd, Sugarkube, melperimeter, Nightkatt, Julliette: Huge hugs and welcome to you all

Val: You will do well. I know we can do this! Here's a hand to you and you give one back to me on getting back on track here. Congrats on doing so well with Gabe.

Mitzi: Great NSV on getting out of the Pool

Patty: HI and sorry you are having sinus trouble. Hugs

Esmaraude: Welcome back and Wow on the before and after photos. YOu look amazing.

Zelma: fingers, toes and legs crossed for you to be our Queen.

Nancy: Great NSV!

Wyllenn: Hi, one of these days I will join the exercise thread and actually meet my goal!

Viki: Yea to you on getting to 230! Hugs

Miss you: Crock, Luann, Suemarie, Juliecee, Jillybean, Brandnewme, Everyone I didn't mention big hugs to you all

Blessings,
Dogpal/ Annie
Old 07-31-2006, 12:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Height: 5'2"

Sharon--

Another quick post--your pics--you look good as a redhead, looking at your ankle makes me wince because I'm sure that it hurts and your boys--I just want to gobble them up they're so precious.

Okay--gotta go again. I literally only have minutes.

TTFN

Vicki
Old 07-31-2006, 12:15 PM   #9  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

DOGPAL! I've missed you! So sorry to hear of all those trials, but so glad they've mostly worked out. I hope the seller sees the light and drops the price after all.

... Now, off to finish the laundry & cooking... and I suppose I SHOULD get dressed since it's quarter past noon. <BG>
Old 07-31-2006, 12:41 PM   #10  

i am so happy it isnt cancer dogpal that would be horrid! yes Ammi tried to sneak in her weight loo like we woundnt notice ..not a chance!
Old 07-31-2006, 01:10 PM   #11  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Brenda – Your garden is AMAZING. I love gardens and have always wanted to like gardening, but haven’t gotten there yet. I have mostly been in apartments without a place to garden, so haven’t had much opportunity.

Sharon – OMG your foot looks awful. I am so sorry to hear that Steve wasn’t as helpful as he could have been. I like your hair too. My BF has been telling me that I should start coloring mine because I am starting to see grey. He actually wants me to go blond, which I think would be too weird on me.

Ammi – You are my hero! Another 6 pounds – I am just blown away.

Annie – On no! It sounds like things have been very tough for you. I am glad they are calming down now and that it was only an infection. Hopefully the issues with the house will work out, or if not you will find something even better!

Nelie – That is great that you are losing inches even if the scale is not cooperating. I also took my measurements for the month on Sunday and I had almost no changes. The weird thing was I was down half an inch on my neck of all places. Strange.

Vicki – Congratulations on breaking that plateau.

Valerie – I am so glad that your scale was merciful. Sorry to hear that you need to go right back out on the road again.

Angie – I am definitely more tired during my TOM. I also notice I can’t lift as much during that time. I just try to do as much as I can without hurting anything with the knowledge that it will pass soon.

Karen – Thanks for posting your pics – it is always so inspiring. You have made amazing progress.

Nightkatt – Have you seen a doctor about your extended TOM? I would recommend getting a check up if it continues. I was having excessive bleeding problems and found out I had a large fibroid (growth in the uterus), which I recently had a procedure to remove.

Ack! There were so many more people I wanted to get back to, but my lunchtime is over and my boss is actually here this week (all the way from Sydney) so I need to get back to it.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:30 PM   #12  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies...I hope everyone is doing well.

Ammi Congrats on the extra 6 pounds gone that is so great.

dogpal I am also very happy that it isn't cancer as well. I am praying that everything works out with the seller also.

Everyone seems to be doing so well and having great progress. I am feeling good today and hopefully my scale will move for me on Sunday. Well I better start dancing and moving around more
Old 07-31-2006, 02:04 PM   #13  

Ammi yes my headaches are much better now thank you very much!
Old 07-31-2006, 02:09 PM   #14  
It's gotta be the glasses

Height: 5'8"

Thanks to everyone for the comments and support!!!

I'd been feeling pretty down about stuff the other day but then Jeff pulled out that "before" pic. . . putting the two side-by-side and comparing them reminded me that I've actually accomplished something and there's no reason for me to give up like I have. That was what motivated me to come back here again.

I just posted several more pictures, mostly the typical weird angles I've been doing lately. I did include one from about 10 years ago which is only about 50 pounds away from where I'm at now. Despite the fact that I'm heavier, I actually think I look better now than I did back then, LOL!!!!

Anyway, just checking in. I did pretty good while I was out and about yesterday but succumbed to pancakes at a restaurant. Fortunately, I only ate half my portion of them.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:47 PM   #15  

Hi Ladies - Well I'm back posting again....last week I felt I was OP and didn't lose a thing, so I got quite depressed about it and didn't bothing posted anything much the last week. But, it looks like a have a loss - nothing major though - coming to me tomorrow, so, I guess I can't complain! There's NO WAY I could do personals now, lol, I wouldn't know where to start! I'm really wanted to up my exercise - but in a way that isn't gonna burn me out - so I can see some inch loss (waist hips thighs waist hips thighs - LOL!). But I don't know what I could be doing...whatever it is it has to be at home...I never seem to stick with a strength training workout, but I think to see inches drop I will need to get on that. I'm still trying to get my walking in when I can....I walked up the INSANE hill here again, lol, all just cause I read to wrong bus schedule, lol!! I was heading to meet DH at a thift store - we needed a "new" TV and something to hold all our media stuff - well we got a 20" TV, and a sm. AND lg. coffee table that are stacked to make a "entertainment center" of sorts - it looks great, and we got ALL 3 things for $30!!! Woo Hoo!! My Dad's b-day (60!) was the 29th - I called him (different city) and told him I was sending his gift off this week (couldn't buy it early), and then my Grandma's b-day (88!) was the 30th, lol, so I gave her a call as well, she was very happy to hear from me, and even more happy to hear I was trying to make it there for XMAS!! I'm giving my Dad a brown chicken egg that has been hollowed out and has a handcarved portrait of Marilyn Monroe on it!! It's awesome, I bought it from the very talented artist at the Sunday Market...maybe I will post a pic later! The reason this is a AWESOME gift for him is cause he collects - and displays - diecast cars and Fabrege Eggs...well he has a Marilyn car, and since his collections are too $$$ to buy the last long while I thought a meld of the 2 - in a unique way - would be cool. I love it, lol. I've giving my Grandma a framed picture of a rose that I took, cause I know she appreciates homemade things - and her name is Rose, so it's perfect! Hopefully I can send off the gifts today or tomorrow. Well...I think I've yapped wayyyyyy too much already, lol. The main message here is: I'm back! And, yes, I now know when I get a bad weigh-in to not abandon the 300+ board, but to come for support. So...CONGRATS to all the "losers", and to those who need it!!
Stay OP chickies!!

Melissa
Closed Thread