Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 10:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#947

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 07-03-2006, 11:12 AM   #2  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

OK - Y'all did it to me agin! So here's what I posted too late on the last thread, and I'll have to catch up with those that snuck in on me later, or I'll be too late for Curves...

Melissa, Lots of things could be causing you to slow down your weight loss, but you hang in there! You're doing great. Just suggestions that I hope can help: Be sure not to go hungry. When you just STOP eating, your body goes into starvation mode. If you snack on something suitable every two hours, you keep kicking your metabolism up, so try to have some veggies or a little something regularly. Also, be aware of your salt intake. Even if you're drinking lots of water (which is always good of course), if you've eaten anything processed then you've almost certainly taken in a bunch of sodium.

A BEAR?! That's SOOOOO cool, ANNIE! I have a bunch of fish in the freezer right now, but I'm sure yours is MUCH better fresh caught. I caught mine at the Acme grocery store.

AMMI - WHOOP WHOOP!!! WTG on those 4 pounds!

PATAE - Good to see you! I'm 46 and never had kids although I wish I had. I'm pretty active with kids because of horses, and I'm freindly with their parents, but I have just a couple really good adult friends, and I've known them since we were toddlers together, but our relationships still often revolve around their kids. That's cool - I love the kids - but finding a grownup to walk, hike, bike or see a movie with is about impossible. With so many people in this world, all living so close together, you'd think that it would be easy to find a neighbor & friend with common interests... but it's often not the case I guess.

KAYLEY - How's the new job going? I hear you on 'making connections.' I think it's wonderful that you have such a great connection to Andrew, but there's still nothing like good girlfriends. He seems like such a sweetheart, and you two have a common focus in your lives, and that's really pretty unusual for someone... I was going to say at your age, but really at any age. That maturity sets you apart from a lot of girls your age (or mine.) Many people wait a long time, or never find what you have. You're special and he knows it, and that's a gift... (Just don't let him get away with too much - retraining them later is impossible. )

SASSY, I hope you're having a great (and OP) holiday yourself!

Hi CLAIRE!
MARY, I hope you aren't blindsided by unexpected meals this week!
XENA, Congrats again on your success lately! ?Meryl Streep? I'd love to see ANYthing she's in... well there WAS one thing she did that stunk - the one about Virginia Wolff I think?

BRENDA - Stick to that SB today! and tomorrow! I hope you have a great week!! ...and Prince Edward Island, is that in western CA? My Canadian geography leaves a lot to be desired, although I think I have most of the provinces memorized... or thought I did.

Hey, PATTI - keep up the good work!

rkrs6673 - You're really smokin! It looks like you're new to 3FC, but you sure didn't start this journey yesterday with the great progress your ticker's showing!!! BRAVO!

OK, MISTI, Every time I see you post I think I've GOT to get with the walking thing. Today's the day. I looked up the milage from my house to St. Johns, Newfoundland, now I've gotta get a ticker for it... Do you have a pedometer, do you walk on a track, or how do you calculate your miles walked?

CROCK - My SB Superhero! Looking good!!!

I'm off to Curves. I hardly ever get there lately because I either do my other workout class, or I walk or treadmill... or I do nothing at all ( and THAT has to stop! ) I had a dentist appointment this morning so workout class wasn't an option. Don't you just love how the guy with the grinder/ drill/ needle says confidently "THAT didn't hurt!"?
Old 07-03-2006, 11:23 AM   #3  
South Beach Life Style

Hey girls..

Well, Well, Well,, Aunt Margerat (akaTOM) has come to visit, So that explains the over reaction to Austins Hospital trip, and the other things that have been putting me on and emotional roller coaster.. Now I see I am not losing it after all, and becoming a sap..However, I dont know if it psychological, or just deprivation right now, but I am sooo hungry, and I am limited((as u have been hearing me complain ALOT about)), but man, I hope the urge leaves me soon, I am drinking water like I stole it..

dogpal/annie~~ The bear sighting must have been awesome, I have some footaget of the West Virginia Black bear that come around our camp, The cubs are so much fun to watch, I just love them, I just may need to make you a DVD of them and ship it out to you, they are so fun to watch. They are an amazing animal. You said that it was cinnamon in color, is that a Cinnamon bear, I am not sure where you are from to know what kind of bear it was., Wish I had been there with ya.

Valerie~ you are to kind,,
Old 07-03-2006, 11:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Valerie -- I keep getting zapped (or close to) by the thread's closings! I wish we kept them around longer!

I know Misti has a pedometer -- I do too. Kind of neat, cause it tracks all your steps (though I don't count them as exercise unless they are "aerobic" -- at a certin pace for at least 10 minutes).
Old 07-03-2006, 12:02 PM   #5  

Hello All,

Boy oh boy it's a hot day today, definitely the hottest of the summer. I actually exercised earlier with the fan blowing on me, that's a first

Mel - I wish I had a friend with a pool, I would be around there all day today that's for sure. Glad you had such a nice time there, and I hope your sunburn isn't too painful for you.

Melissa - all I can say is, isn't it wonderful to have the Internet? I know online friends can't be the same as real life ones, but I am sure it helps the loneliness a bit. When I was single and couldn't go out or work because I had no child minder support for Beth, I spent hours online, even more than now It really was wonderful being able to have communication with other people, and of course I met Daren via the Net, so gotta love it

-2 lbs is brilliant, that is all I ever aim for, and I don't know why some weeks I lose more than that. I was actually talking about it to Daren last night. I said how I eat the same points, exercise pretty much the same amount but since I started dieting my weight loss goes up and down like a yo yo ; 6 lbs one week, 2 the next, 4 lbs one week 3 the next and so on. The body is a weird thing. But as long as we are all losing, no matter by how much it's a loss and is brilliant

Zelma - sorry to hear that you are flagging a bit lately, and that you aren't sure the B12 shots are working as well as they should. I guess that whatever is depleting your own reserves of it, must be going after the shots too, so the sooner you have the tests done the better. And like you said...let's hope that whatever the problem is, it is easily rectified

My back is totally better now thanks. My mum used to wear a girdle because her fat tummy would pull on her back and she would have terrible back problems without the girdle. I know they are old fashioned but if I could wear one I would jump at the chance. I can't wear one though because it would squish my ostomy, and stop the bag filling up which can only lead to a huge mess So I will just have to keep on losing the weight and get rid of my tummy!

Claire - no I can't say I have ever thought of taking Yoga classes. I think the cost initially puts me off, as does the thought of getting in so many weird and wonderful positions. And if there is any lying on the stomach I am a gonna, can't do that because of the ostomy. Thanks for the tip, and I hope you really enjoy going to the class you signed up for. Thankfully my back is fine again now

Good on you for buying things to make a packed lunch. It's a good idea that you told your friends that it's more economical, I just hope none of them decide to treat you to a meal thinking they are being helpful. Dieting is difficult at the best of times, but when you work or are being social it's even harder.

Thanks for the congrats on my weight loss Oh and what an understatement about men. I swear that it takes me about 10 minutes to get ready, but Daren takes at least half an hour with his dressing, then doing his hair just so, and then trying to cover up any pimples he may have You would never believe he is 39 in November

Xena - glad you had a good time at the movies and didn't buy popcorn. Ok so you bought that candy later on, and even had a bar, but you added it to your points and put the rest in the freezer, for being so good. Me, I would have had to trample all over the left over candy, cover it in something awful and throw it in the bin. No way could I forget that they were in the freezer. I would constantly be thinking, they're in the freezer, now if I just have one, I was like that when I bought those sweets the other week. I was supposed to have 4 a day for 2 points. One day I had about 12. I counted the points, but it proved to me that I can't have sweets in the house.

Thanks for the congrats on my 4 lbs lost, nope I can't believe I have now lost 41 lbs. Because I still can't see it when I look in the mirror I weigh and my first thought is that I am still losing water weight. Um 41 lbs of it, nope, there must be some fat in there somewhere

Kayley - It's a real shame that the women at work are so much older than you. When I was single and couldn't work I loved the thought of being able to work, not just for the money but for the social aspect of it. That's why I thought you could get together with some work mates. We already talked about joining a club, and that's out. What about........going on various other message boards to meet people who love what you love, maybe you will find some close enough for meeting up and doing social stuff with. In the mean time, your online friends are always here for you

Valerie - LOL sorry my stop posting notice got in just before your post again, Maybe you should be the one to post the notice so you don't get caught out again Got to say I LOVED how you said you were keeping up with all of us from Ammi to Zelma. Hope you are having a great day and that you enjoy your work out at Curves

Thanks for the congrats on my weight loss, it's so great to pass the 40 lbs lost mark now, I can't quite believe it!!

Annie - how wonderful that you saw that bear, shame you didn't have a camera on you so you could have taken it's picture. I solved that problem myself by buying a cell phone with a built in camera. I don't leave home without it, so I don't miss any photo opportunities Those last pics taken at the Mumbles were done on the camera phone!

Patae - hello and I don't think I have seen you post here before. It upsets me a bit to realise that there are quite a few people here that are feeling lonely. I had my share of it when I was married the first time, and when I was divorced. So believe me I know how it feels. It's a shame that all of us are so far apart from each other, it would be lovely to be able to meet up on a weekly basis to be social in person rather than just online.

Sassy - are you a lonely chick too, or are you just offering some friendship to our other lonely chicks? Either way, I will PM you for your yahoo name, I am not a lonely chick, but I LOVE to chat

Mary - so sorry to hear that you had a gain this week. But just remember what you say at the bottom of your posts, weight loss is not a race, it's a journey. Ok you may have had a bad week, maybe next week won't be too good either after that birthday day out, but you just have to keep at it and you will soon see those numbers going back down!

Brenda - wow lightening hit your back yard, no wonder you are so freaked out. I hate lightening, but love the thunder, shame you can't have one without the other.

So sorry that you had a gain but you are back on track now, you have all that cleaning to do, not to mention being able to work out again. You watch those numbers come crashing back down when you weigh next week!!

Thanks for the congrats on my 4 lbs gone, seems my little Gazelle is helping me along nicely

Patti - how are you doing today? Thanks for the congrats on my 4 lbs, I was hoping for 2 lbs, so was happy to see doulbe that. My fears about exercising and gaining weight didn't come to fruition thank goodness

rkrs - ooh hello, are you another newbie? Can't remember seeing you here before, so great to have you here. I see you have had a great loss so far, you should be really proud of yourself Thank you for the congrats on my loss, what a nice first post from you here

Crock - I just love your congrats posts to me, thank you I have now lost just 1 lb more than half of your loss, so great as it is, you are the master

Sorry that you are on a bit of an emotional roller coaster now and that you are feeling hungry all the time. Any time you get the urge to just say blow it and then eat what you fancy, go look at yourself in the mirror, come on here and look at your ticker and see how fantastic you have done losing 80 lbs. I am sure you won't want to do anything that might get you seeing a gain instead of a loss even for just one week

Misti - thanks for the congrats on my loss, yep I want to keep on losing and get right away from those 300s forever and ever and ever and ever Hope you are doing well.

Tracey - good for you for making the comittment to yourself to get out and about more. Having your daughter is a great reason to go places. Ok so they will be things suitable for her, but they are a start. When I was divorced the only places I seemed to go were to the movies to see kids films with Beth, to play areas and other kids parties. But it got me out and about so I was ok with that I am sorry your brother's friend hurt you by only asking your brother to the BBQ. Maybe he didn't ask you because he knows you are dieting and didn't want to put temptation in your path??

Heather - that is fantastic news that you have lost another 2 lbs. Just one tiny little bitty miniscule lb to go now until you are in Onderland. You must be so thrilled. Well done

Thanks for the congrats about my loss, you are right that the exercise will help keep me losing nicely. That's the plan

On a final note before I go, I notice that lot of people aren't happy with the closing of the threads at around 30 posts. Do you think it would be a good idea to do a vote on who wants to keep it that way and who doesn't, and if it's to be changed we could ask the moderators if it's ok? I don't want to tread on anybody's toes though, especially those with dial up that might have a huge problem with downloading long threads. What's everybody's opinion, should we vote, or just leave things as they are?

Ok gotta go exercise now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 07-03-2006, 12:16 PM   #6  
South Beach Life Style

Ammi~~ I am game with whatever with the threads,, I have DSL, perhaps those that have dial up should be the Voices on this subject.. just my opinion.. and on the hungry bit, I have no intentions of going crazy OffP.. just reasonable and good decisions,, Thank you ,

Last edited by MsCrockett; 07-03-2006 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:11 PM   #7  

Height: 5'8.5"

Valerie... yep I have a pedometer... listened to the chicks on here and ordered the Omron HJ-112 and wow so glad I did. When I was counting miles walked I counted ALL my steps -- but in counting exercise minutes I only count the ones which register as aerobic, as Ammi said.

And I walk outdoors.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Tonight is the fireworks, and I'm pretty happy. I think going out there tonight is a NSV for me! Last year, I didn't wanna go, because I was too self conscious...since I am bound to see a lot of people that I used to know...and a lot of them, that I don't care for...and I'm going to go out and enjoy myself.

We're going to meet up with my friend Katt who is down for the weekend...meeting her for dinner at the truckstop...that's like ALWAYS where we go...they've got good food! LOL...plus, it's full of memories, as it's the place where we'd chill for HOURS during the summer...like at 3am. It's one of the Travel America places, so they are always open. It didn't take much to amuse us...heck, it STILL doesn't! But they have a really good grilled chicken salad, so that's what I'm going to get.

Andrew & I have also decided that we're going to Medieval Times next Saturday, so I'm pretty happy about that, too...even though I will be going off plan for the evening, I'm not going to be regretful. This is something that we have never done before, and I am going to ENJOY myself...and I'm also going to make sure to take pics, cuz it's super neat! LOL!

Just got done working out, and going to get cleaned up in about an hour. If I don't pop back in before we leave, I'll try and get on tonight. Hope you all have a great one!

Tracey - Oh my! How very uncooth of her to invite your brother and not you! Horrible!

Wyllenn - Next week, you'll be in One-derland!!!!! That's so GREAT! I'll bet you'll make that 100 lbs in a year, too! You're getting so close to goal!!! So proud of you!!!

Valerie - The job is going really good. I still do have a lot to learn, as there is SO MUCH you need to know, but I'm really liking it. I have my own desk and whatnot, so that makes me happy. Lol. What you said about me and Andrew...that really does mean a lot to me. So much, in fact, that I showed Andrew....and he was very flattered. Most people, when they realize how serious we are, they say we are too young...okay, I'm 20 years old, and he's going to be 22...we're not all THAT young. They think that since we are each other's first boyfriend and girlfriend respectively, that we haven't 'dated around' enough. Honestly, I have no desire to. I've found who I want to be with, and I could care less if I haven't 'kissed my frogs'. So, thank you. That made my day, honestly.

Crock - "I am drinking water like I stole it"...LOVE THAT! lol. Hope you can control that eating! I hate it when I feel like that...and it's ALWAYS TOM's fault! What a lousy 'friend'.

Ammi - Glad you didn't use the heat as an excuse to not exercise! And on your loss! You are on FIRE! -41 already?!?! You're kicking serious BUTT! As for the threads, I am on dial-up, unfortunately, and it already takes ages to load. I dunno if having more posts per thread would make it slower or not...
Old 07-03-2006, 04:38 PM   #9  

Crock - I think you are right that we should leave the choice about longer threads up to the people on dial up. I would guess they wouldn't want to go for it, so I guess we can leave things as they are. I am the same as you, it doesn't bother me either way.

Good on you for being strong with you new healthy lifestyle committment, you really are an inspiration

Misti - Yes I prefer to make my exercise goal to be one that where I do aerobic exercise, but that said, I will happily add any extra minutes that I do if I do some walking What is so great about the pedometer you bought? I have two, both pretty cheap and I don't really rely on either of them.

Kayley - I hear you on the dial up thing, I think it's safest to leave the threads as they are, I just thought I would ask how everybody felt because it seems some people would prefer to have them longer. Me, I don't mind either way

Have a wonderful night at the fireworks tonight, I think it's wonderful that you are going with a new found confidence and are going to thoroughly enjoy yourself. I love fireworks.

That medieval thing you are going to, that sounds a lot like the Tournament of the Kings in Vegas. Daren and I went there and had a thoroughly fantastic time, it was so much fun.

Thanks for the congrats on my weight loss, yep -41 lbs in 10 weeks is the best I have EVER done on any diet. Not only the amount but the amount of time it has taken me to lose it. This is really going to be the time for me, I can feel it in my bones

Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 07-03-2006, 04:41 PM   #10  
South Beach Life Style

awwwwwwwww Thanks Ammi... you are too kind... right back atcha
Old 07-03-2006, 05:06 PM   #11  

Hi All,

Just to let you all know that Annie (dogpal) sent me some pics of her new place. I offered to put them on the pic page for her, so anybody who wants to see the place, go have a look

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 07-03-2006, 05:23 PM   #12  
South Beach Life Style

dogpal/annie~~Nice place you got there, I take there is room for me, I see a place to shoot my bow out back,((heheheheheh)).. Congratulations,
Old 07-03-2006, 05:34 PM   #13  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Help - I have been kidnapped by a book! Thank goodness I just finished it. But . . . it is only book 2 out of 4. I hope the library is open regular hours today so I can go get the next one! I love fantasy, but they always have so many books in a series.

Except . . . I realize that my reading habits are somewhat, hmm, can't think of the word. It isn't obsessive, but is definitely borderline. When I start something good, I just can't stop for anything. I was up til 4am last night, reading until I couldn't see straight.

I need to learn how to read in moderation. Also the other problem is when I am in one of these binges (yeah, it really is kinda like a binge) I don't eat so well. I don't want to stop reading to make myself something good, so I will wait til I am STARVING and eat too much. I have also been having some bingey food behavior, but I think now I have gotten through it. I think part of it is old habits, and since I haven’t been reading like that much lately, I hadn’t had to deal with it. However, I don’t think I overate too much – it just bothers me that the behavior was bingey. Also, I really think I need to find something to replace my exercise for the next few weeks – some sort of meditation or stretching, because it has really been my anchor in keeping my on the path. I feel somewhat lost without it.

Annie - Your new place looks really cute! You must be so excited!
Old 07-03-2006, 05:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 329/316/170

hello!

Feelings

My friend got sick of my whining and made a few calls and got me a job!!!!! I didn't get that nursing job/training , money is tight etc... now I'll be working at the second hand shop next 4months. It's great(easy) job and it pays well... BUT I feel so scared. I start at 1st of August. Couple of weeks time to get things done: gather some courage to meet new people and start being active again. I know I'll just love that job=paycheck but it scares me!!!! What if I can't do it?

Weather is very hot here... I don't like it at all. I've been so swollen since this weather started. And I hate this feeling. But eating healthy and staying OP... Some of the choises aren't that good=icecream instead of fruits, but staying in the calorie limit. Tomorrow they forecasted rain and thunderstorms and that is the day I meet my dear friend again. I've seen her last time in year 2000... we are going shopping and eat out(japanese restaurant). It should be fun

see you again...
Old 07-03-2006, 06:18 PM   #15  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Heather - Well, I did think about throwing away all that candy I had bought but decided not to. The reason being that not having binge food in the house is not a deterrent for me. I have been known to make special trips to the grocery store just to buy stuff to binge on. I know it's probably not something some can understand unless maybe they've suffered with binge eating, which is a whole different beast that just your run-of-the-mill overeating. So may as well not waste the money throwing this stuff out if I would just go out and buy it again if I am triggered. It's not really the having it in the house that triggers me, it's emotions or stress that do. Another reason I'd like to keep the stuff is that I'd really like to learn to eat sweets in moderation and I feel like when I throw things out or don't buy them at all I am telling myself I can't be trusted around them. And maybe I can't, but I'd like to try. Hopefully I am not deluding myself. I have no plans to eat any sweets other than a WW Smoothie I am going to have after dinner tonight. Regarding YOU, way to go losing another pound. You are teetering right there on the brink of ONE-derland!!! Your committment inspires me. I know you have talked about your losses slowing down lately but you remain focused on the task at hand. I consider you one of my weight-loss mentors here on the boards.

Crock - I am with Kayley...your remark about "drinking water like I stole it" cracked me up.

Annie - Your house looks like a wonderful retreat in the woods! And I saw your pups in that one picture. They are sure to enjoy the great outdoors!!! I am glad for you guys finding such a gem! It's the kind of place people would love to vacation at and you get to live there everyday!!!! How lucky are you??

Nancy - Glad to see you out here. I was wondering about you and was hoping you were OK. I knew you were having a little more pain than expected and I was slightly worried something had gone wrong. But, I am glad to hear you had simply been kidnapped by a book. Me, I'm not much into science fiction, but I can understand how a good book can hi-jack an entire weekend. I can empathize with you on worrying about some somewhat bingey eating behaviors but the very fact that you are aware of what the behavior was puts you at a big step forward. Over the past year, ever-so-slowly I have started analyzing my own behaviors and am just now coming to see why I have never previously been able to keep weight off....because I was ignoring my reasons for overeating and bingeing. Now I am much more aware. It doesn't always stop me, but more often than not I am aware of WHY I am doing it. Knowing why without stopping doesn't necessary help me lose weight, but I look at it as another step in the right direction in conquering this thing. Anyway, my point really was that you are definitely on the right track with your self-awareness. Take care and enjoy your weekend in science-fiction-land!
Closed Thread