Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 11:10 PM   #16  

Height: 5' 7"

Oh, forgot to tell you all.

The dog is terrified of fireworks. Right now, she is sleeping in the shower stall, she spent most of the morning in the basement. While we were out walking today, she ATE my daughter's DDR pad - We'll replace it before she gets back, and I guess I should be grateful it wasn't plugged in, but still, these things cost a good bit.

Her nighttime walk for the last few days has been, down off the deck, pee, and run back in. Booms are scary.

Going back to work tomorrow - write you soon.

Sue
Old 07-05-2006, 07:50 AM   #17  
Dancing those pounds away

Good morning ladies. Hope you still remember me.
I have not been ignoring you ... I have just been swamped with people and problems.
I had a wonderful holiday weekend with my family but GAINED more weight than I am willing to admit to. It actually breaks my heart. So much for learning how to eat sensibly.
BUT TODAY IS A NEW DAY !!! ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING when it comes to success .... so I am going to lose it AGAIN !!!!

My sister is VERY VERY ill .... and I have been going to Missouri to see her this weekend too. I have a doctor's appointment today myself so after it this afternoon I will head back to Missouri and probably stay there several days. I won't be back for a while ,so don't think I have given up on 3FC or on YOU.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:26 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies,

Rise and shine! Or, rise and sit and stare too! Whatever suits you this AM.

So much for cooler temps. It was miserable outside yesterday. Absolutely miserable. The humidity must have been 800% and no air moving. We couldn't do anything without water just running off of us. I don't think it even qualified as sweat. We worked on the weeds and out of control landscape area. I'm either going to have to till or use that stuff that kills everything. We got the pool moved and back to filling up. I can tell this place will be a keeper. Thank goodness. I used mom's string mower (weedeater on wheels) and that thing is worth its weight in gold. I need to clean out the fence line and it is going to be a back saver. I have to have one of those. I set two metal fence posts in prep of making Ginger's stall area for the new baby that is due soon. DH told me I wasn't strong enough. I finally got all the flowers planted and the front porch looking more together and less like a place to drop stuff. A very productive day. Oh, and I made the bread pudding. Tried it, loved it, and gave most of it away to mom. Satisfied the urge to cook and to eat it.

Geez, every man's dream. The Today show just had the world's fastest lawnmower that goes 80 mph. What will they do next???

This morning, I've done my pilates. I am so stiff and inflexible so I'm focusing on the pilates to get the muscles more flexible. I did do some upper body weights. Not much. Maybe later tonight. Food wasn't bad this holiday. I'm only eating at mealtime and the past few days, mostly only two meals a day. Now I need to get refocused on SBD and get the scale moving down again.

2Cute - I am so sorry about your sister. Drive safe and be sure to take care of you too. You'll be in my prayers.

I'll do other replies tonight. I need to get dressed and dry my hair.

Promise for the week -

Pay attention to the hidden starchy carbs that keep creeping in and make different choices.

Cardio exercise - either get out and get to walking or else get on the exercise bike. No more excuses.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:40 AM   #19  
Hang In There

We had a very uneventful holiday, but at least we were not at work!!! DH grilled some shrimp for our dinnerr. Very good. It's back to work today, early, My supervisor is on vacation this week so I'm having to do both my w ork and most of her's, so I'll check in again tonight.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:20 AM   #20  

Talking

Good Morning Ladies!

Goodness, it feels like Monday! Not enough coffee in the world!

I hope everyone had a nice 4th...as I said last night, I did nothing! Laundry and TV - that was me.

That means, of course, that I did no time on the Infernal Machine and I ate CHIPS while vegging in front of the tube! WHY do I do this to myself? It's SO time to stop sabotaging myself and get serious again! I'm starting today! I had a sensible breakfast, a reasonable lunch, yogurt and a banana for snacks and for dinner I am having a salad! Time to get off my big old butt and quit rationalizing with "feed a cold" whenever I stick food in my mouth! Feeling like crap is no reason to eat it!

I did park 1/2 + miles from the office today and walk in. The cooler weather inspired me. I'd like to say I'll do that every day...but I won't. I'll be late, or too hot, or too lazy. But I did it today and that's a start. On the way in I walked past a yoga center with a sign that says "Donation Yoga - Fall in love with yoga. Pay what you want." I grabbed a flyer and it says basically that, from July 5 to Sept. 1, you can go to yoga classes and pay whatever you feel like! I may have to try this. There is a Monday and Wedesday basics class from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. If only I had something to change into! Whatcha think?

Terri: Sounds like you had a busy and productive holiday! I did not have your ambition. I have so much to do around the house...but DH and I are the reigning Kind and Queen of Procrastination. Still, I have a list of projects to do around the house and it's time to get to them! I'm so glad you like the new place...Sounds like a wonderful home for you and your ponies!

2Cute: I'm so sorry to hear about your sister! Where in Missouri do you come? If you were close I'd come give you this in person! Be careful with all the driving and you and she are in my thoughts.

Sue: Good for you on the big 2! Pity your pup was so scared of the booms...mine were locked away when they were going off. We can hear the Capital fireworks show loudly from my house, and see the higher ones, but didn't bother this year.

Babysteps: Down is DOWN! Don't be discouraged by a pound a week - that's 52 lbs a year! I bet it took you longer than that to GAIN 52 lbs! Keep up the good work!

Thin, Siena, Valerie, Karen, Barbara, BarbPA, Vortex:

Lesley: Where are you???

I just heard on the radio that Sophia Loren, age 72, is posing nude for a calendar. One "tasteful" photo. Boy! But I suppose she still has the looks (and the body!) That's something for us all to shoot for, huh? Reminds me of the movie Calendar Girls. Have you seen it? I just love that movie!

I'm going to follow Terri's example from her last post a make a couple of resolutions for the week!

1. NO MORE FATTY SNACKS! (Thank God the cashews are gone!)

2. GET SOME EXERCISE! (Even if it's NOT the I.M. ) I will walk, lift weights, do yardwork, stretches - SOMETHING!

And now, I'm off to dispense justice...or close enough for Government Work!
Old 07-05-2006, 11:14 AM   #21  

Well, changed the tracker to today's weight. Looks like the damage from the last month of neglect was about 6 lbs total. Better than I expected...actually had to move it down from what it was immediately after vacation..but that had to have a lot of water.

So, new weight - new start!
Old 07-05-2006, 11:53 AM   #22  

Height: 5' 7"

Lilion - You still weigh less than I do!

But, seriously, I think that what's different about this time is that, when I don't eat perfect, I just pick myself up and try again. No wallowing, no self-abuse, just, time to start again.
Sounds like that's what you're doing.
Congrats

Sue
Old 07-05-2006, 11:58 AM   #23  
Michigan Old-Timer

Morning, ladies! I'm getting a late start this morning so this will have to be quick.

Hmmmm where did I leave off?

Let's start with Monday. Honey and I had good intentions of finishing the painting but we slept in instead and then went to lunch (a job). After lunch we decided to go carpet shopping. We were trying to get one remnant that would fit both rooms, but "my" new room is 13x9 something and his is 10x10ish so it would need a really BIG remnant which we didn't find in something we could both use. I really wanted something in a grey because I thought anything else probably wouldn't go with the purple. Honey got the same carpet I did only it's called "khaki" and has some green flecks in it. "His" room already had a nice border that was forest green and a little wine in a paisley print. He opted not to change that and the recliner love seat we've been storing in the basement is forest green and that's going in there as well so I think it will look real nice.

Yesterday we were going to my in-laws in the afternoon so we wanted to put the white coat of sponging on "my" room and Honey was going to refresh the paint in his room before we left. He taped off the borders to save them and then just rolled the new paint. He did that while I white sponged my whole room. The white really toned down the purple and I'm very happy with how it came out.

We finished just in time to shower and pack the car for the picnic. I had made potato salad (my low fat version, of course) and I also threw together a dessert. I layered chocolate graham cracker on the bottom, next was the new cheesecake flavored fat free, sugar free pudding. I put chocolate fudge flavored on top of that and fat free Cool Whip on top. I grated some walnuts for a garnish with a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips. I made the mistake of not decreasing the milk when making the pudding so it didn't set up and slice as well as I wanted it to. It looked a mess after it was cut, but it tasted good.

The picnic went well. It was very hot here, 90, but there was a nice breeze all afternoon and their yard has two huge shade trees so it really was a lovely day.

Guess I should get off here while it's still morning (5 minutes to go ). I've got several jobs to do this afternoon.

CONGRATS to all the losers!

Willpower to those of us that need it!

Hugs to 2cute! You and your sister are in my prayers. Remember to take care of YOU too!

Gotta run. Love ya bunches!
Old 07-05-2006, 12:10 PM   #24  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Well, the last picnic yesterday got me. I had a beer and it didn't head downhill from there - It just plummeted off a sheer cliff! One day won't kill me, so today it's back on track, 110%!

Off to North Dakota!
Old 07-05-2006, 05:51 PM   #25  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hey gang,

So I didn't do too badly yesterday, but I went a little off plan because I didn't... PLAN. So my promises for the week are: 1. Plan my eating for each day. 2. Stick to my exercise goals.

2cute--So sorry about your sister. You're in my thoughts.

Terri--A lawn mower that goes 80 mph? Does the person doing the mowing have to run that fast? Sounds like a great new exercise machine!

Lilion--Good job on walking in to work. I know, the weather can be a downer, but if you grab a half a mile when you can get it, that's a half mile you wouldn't have had otherwise. Have you done yoga before? I keep thinking I should do it, but I feel like I'd be so lame.

Thin--The redecorating sounds great.

Valerie--Hope you enjoyed the picnic at least! Take care on the road.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:05 PM   #26  

Evening ladies!

Woohoo, I feel great. I've had a great food day and feel good for it. I needed a snack around 3:30 and got peanuts instead of a Snickers bar. The protein was a good pick-me-up. I've spent over an hour working outside between moving horse stuff around in the barn, carrying feed bags, feeding dancing, whining horses at the fence (the old mare just stood by her feed trough and let the young 'ins act silly), did some big time mowing down at the driveway entrance with the string mower. Since I have now showered and praying that I'm not going to be eaten up in chiggers, no outside walking tonight. And since its after 8:30 and we haven't eaten yet, no cardio for me tonight. I'll have to count my hour of farm work as exercise tonight. But I LOVED IT. Well, except for the biting flies.

Angela - That was a riding lawn mower. Those pesky PLANS are a pain in the butt aren't they? Work great when you do them and follow-through but sometimes its a chore to take the time.

Valerie - Happy Trails to North Carolina. Seems like you just got home. Make your promises and get past that plummet off the cliff. You can do it. You can do it!

Lilion - You've got to start visioning Onederland. You have it within sights. You could be darn close by Christmas. Onderland or Sabotage? If I could have anything of Sophia's, it would be the boobs. No one would want to see me on a calendar pic at 46 let alone 72. Go for the yoga!

Thin - Great sounding dessert. I like the sound of your decorating. I tend to go for the minimalist version of decorating. Not that I don't like what others do, just don't have that vision for my own stuff. Didn't your mom have cataract surgery? How's she doing?

Sue - Sounds like you've got the right perspective. You've got a great loss going! Congrats on another 2 pounds. I'd like to see the Devil Wears Prada. Guess I'll have to wait until its on DVD.

Barb.G - Since you are doing your bosses job, can you give yourself a raise? Or fire anyone? Work hard!

BarbPA - Enjoy your visit!

BabySteps - Sounds like you're doing okay. Hey, a pound down is better than half up! Some weeks will just be like that.

Karen, Siena, and everyone lurking, and have a great night! If you're lurking and not posting, come on back!
Old 07-05-2006, 10:26 PM   #27  

May I join you all in this thread? I am not quite 300 pounds but I am pretty old. (54)
Old 07-05-2006, 10:55 PM   #28  
Michigan Old-Timer

Welcome, Celery! Surely you can join in. Just start gabbing like the rest of us and you'll feel at home in no time.

Running to bed early tonight. Gotta full day tomorrow.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:42 PM   #29  

Thank you, thinthinker!

My bladder is getting pretty old, too. I find drinking 8 glasses of water a day to be a little difficult? Know what I mean? Anyone else have this problem?
Old 07-06-2006, 07:23 AM   #30  

Stop! Do not post here! Join us on the next volume thread!
Closed Thread