Old 07-05-2006, 11:18 PM   #1  
~Chrissy~

S/C/G: 310/254/150

Height: 5'3

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#950

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
idril_telrunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:06 AM   #2  

Hello Ladies!! BIG NSV FOR ME!! Not only did I walk 10 minutes straight without stopping (I know it's so small compared to most of you guys, lol....but I have only been able to do it once in the past year...and with my back pain that's more than double what I can normally handle.) but I also got in 6570 steps at a mall outing!!! A total of 3 miles!! YAY!! Also, I'm FINALLY going swimming tomorrow! The pool is open, and DH has a day off - FINALLY!! LOL!! So, I'm off to post my "star points" on my challenge thread.
Have a good one, and stay OP chickies!!!

Melissa
Vilandra485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Hey Melissa/Valandra personal bests are definately something to celebrate, you should have seen how giddy I got the first time I could run a 15 minute mile...and I'll probably celebrate again when I can do it again. Congrats on that
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:51 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Yay Melissa... that's wonderful! And ya NOW I can go longer than that but believe me when I first started out the pain was so bad I had to lean on all the fences and poles, and sit on all the big rocks! You are making progress and that is what counts! 10 minutes without stopping is GREAT! Keep up the good work. Besides, remember, this is not a "competition" -- we are all at different levels and here to cheer each other on! I am very proud of you!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi.

I just popped on quickly before going to the hospital with Daren, he has an opthalmology appt. I wasn't going to post til tonight but I couldn't wait to say ....................

MISTI -
I am thrilled that you made it to your 50 lbs lost goal, WOOHOO

Ok gotta go now that's been said ,

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey Ammi, it won't be long before you join Misti in losing 50lbs!!!!xxx
Misti, well done, your photos are great, how much did you lose from your boobs? in inches, obviously, I'm sure you didn't pop them on the scales!!! lolxxx
Silentarctic, wish I had big boobs, my thing was a small waist, but big bottom, now it's a big waist and humungous bottom, along with jelly (post 3 babies) belly, thunder thighs and flabby, flappy uppper arms!!!! I'm sure your boobs won't totally disappear, here's hopingxxx
Wyllen, glad things are ok now & that you resisted the urge to eat bad stuffxxx
Crock, hope everything is good for you and finances are improvingxxxxx
Kayley, how ru?xxx
I'm fed up it looks like TOM has arrived AGAIN!!!! unless the pill has set me off, and guess what? We decided to go visit my parents for the week-end as Steve finishes his shift early Friday morning, so we are going as soon as Gareth is home from school. I just hope it's not a period, I hate travelling for any length of time, in case I need to visit the toilet and THERE AREN'T ANY NEARBY!!! I weighed today, expecting a loss, but no, nothing, I've been totally OP and I feel very angry, but this time I won't be silly and go eat anything I fancy!!!!!
I hope you are all well and keeping to plan, AND IT'S NOT TOO HOT FOR YOU!!!! I have to take Gareth to school, so bye,
xxxsharon
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:11 AM   #7  
Not Snoozing... Losing!

S/C/G: 295/288/285 MINI GOALS!

Height: 5'7"

Rkrs - I totally remember Romper Room AND Capt. Kangaroo! I used to always be sad at the end of Romper Room because she never said MY name -- Claire was not a popular name back then...

Misti - YAY at 50 down! That is so great!

Alison - Great Job! Keep it up!

Brenda - So glad that it was water and that you are feeling better.

Wyllenn - I hate that bingy feeling! It is great the you recognized it thought because that is half the battle with binging.

Silent - Don't worry about not exercising, going to the store to get "good stuff" is step in the right direction and at the beginning its better to take baby steps so we don't get overwhelmed.

Melissa - Great NSV with the walking! Very good accomplishment when our bodies decide its ok to comfortably do more activity.

Sharon - Hope you have a good trip this weekend! Tom again? I am guessing that means its coming more often then it should? If it keeps coming to soon or not stopping please get it checked out. I had a problem with it getting really unpredictable and then one month it just did not stop at all and it ended up being a cervical polyp causing the bleeding. Take care of yourself.

A BIG HELLO TO EVERYONE ELSE -- It is getting hard to keep up with all the thread activity!

----------

On the boobs topic... I really hope to lose some of "the girls." They just get in the way. Even when I was a teenager they were a D and I have always been self consious about them. Even now with bigger boobs I have a lot of trouble with the "full figure" bras because they all seem to be cut so that the underwire pokes up in the center because it comes up too high... the only place I have been able to find an "average" cut in my size is at Lane Bryant. So, even though I am hoping to lose some of them I hope they do not all go away because it would be wonderful to still have them be too big and then talk to my doctor about a reduction/lift that could possibly be covered by insurance, but I have a long way to go before I could do it because they will not do it when you are very overweignt.

Yesterday was an off day. I started off getting up to ride my exercise bike and after about 10 minutes the belt inside it slipped off. Good thing it is a recumbent bike or I would have been flying off the thing! So instead of riding I spent my morning work out time taking it apart to fix the belt, ended up looking like a grease monkey! I still have to finish tightening everything up on it. I meant to last night but it just did not happen. So I need to do it tonight.

I ate too much for dinner... Not bad food, just too much, because my tummy felt too full after. I need to eat slower so I can feel the difference between enough and too much... that is one of the hardest things to feel though for some reason. Then I think because I was full the lack of sleep the past few days caught up with me and I was just worn out. So I read a few chapters in the book I am reading and then went to bed early.

Since I did not get to exercise and then I ate too much at night I feel like I have lost my "diet mojo" or that the "honeymoon is over." I cannot let that happen though! It has only been 6 days...

Claire
cc9455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:34 AM   #8  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Hello everybody,

Melissa- I am so proud of you . I recall when I could only do five minutes on the treadmill so I truly understand. Keep up the great work!

Everyone else have a good day today! I am so proud of all the progress we are all making.

I am thankful that our ZOO has power today. I am planning on going to the Zoo today with the children. They can enjoy the animals and I will be getting in some much needed walking. Our St. Louis Zoo lost some power yesterday for the first time in its history. However, I was happy to hear on the news that they were able to keep the animals comfortable with generators.
rkrs6673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 329/316/170

Hello!

Tired but happy!

The day out with my friend went REALLY well...we walked all day and made some shopping. I bought aton of craftmaterial and some other "useless" stuff. It was way too hot to go try clothes on! You know those tiny fitting"rooms"... Then we went to eat. It turned out to be great restaurant and cheap. I had some ginger pork and some tofu-soup and salad. I ended up eating that pork and rice and my friend ate the rest, because they tasted so bad. but service was so good and I liked the atmosphere: japanese music and decoration... just lovely.
It was sad saying good bye to her... but we will see at her wedding october. then i went to see my other friend. We had lovely night: some salad, good vine and a lot of talking! (we selebrated my 30th birthday)

yesterday I was shocked... my weight was up 6lbs. it's mainly water I know it. My feet were really sore and swollen..l. but it's not nice to see those kind of numbers....

now back doing chores(laundry mountain is getting HUGE!)
kirsikka-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:32 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Melissa/vilandra -- YAY!!! for the 10 min walking! We've all been there and I agree with the others: celebrate these victories! It's part of what keeps us going to the next level!

Sharon -- Don't get angry about your WI -- the scale is setting you a challenge, see. You were OP all week and it didn't budge. It is taunting you because it is an scale. Are you going to let that scale win?? Continue to be strong and weight will come off. None of us loses every week!

Claire -- Just get back on the bike and back on plan!! It's okay to have an off day, you just have to stop it at one!

kirsikka -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:45 AM   #11  

vilandra... you are doing so good. i started off on my treadmill at a low low 3 minutes and am now up to 45 minutes at a time. i could do more but my stupid foot gives me pain so i just keep it at 45 minutes for the time being!
toofatforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:02 AM   #12  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllenn
I'm starting to look different than I used to, and it is just ODD! Maybe there will be something else to love when I'm done...
Well I darn sure guarantee you I won't miss them LOL! The more of these things I get rid of the happier I will be.

Hope you are feeling better this morning!!

Sharon, not sure how much I have lost in the boobs... didn't measure before I started. LOL I always wanted to weigh them but could never figure out a way to do it. But I have gone down four band sizes already... except if I get the band size I need the cups are too small so have to get one size up and sew up the sides... still am down a LOT in the actual boobs though! Slowly but surely, they are going away. Bye bye boobies

Kirsikka... yah happy birthday!

Good morning to everyone... have a special day!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:05 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

CC thanks for the concern but I had some 'abnormal' cells removed a few months back and I was also told heavy periods are something to do with genetics, age, (I'm 41 and have had 3 kids) etc.... my younger sis has the same probs. I have been put on birth control pills- mini pill- to help with this.xxx
RK I hope you enjoy the zoo, all that walking will do you some goodxxx
Kirsikka all that oriental food has lots of salt & MSG which often causes you to retain water, as everyone on here will tell you, drink lots of water it will soon get flushed out.xxx
Wyllen, thanks, I know this time I will not let it stop me being OP but nonetheless it's p***ing me off!!!!
Patti, 45 mins, WOW, I'm almost dead after 40 mins of aeorbics & strengthening stuff!!!
Gotta go & do some ironing, it's been raining here, so I rang my dad he says it's red hot there so we can pack shorts & tees for the boys. I might even be brave and wear camisoles, I really hate my huge arms.
xxsharon
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:41 AM   #14  

Morning Ladies! 7.5 hours until I'm in a pool!! LOL!! Cleaning the bedroom with DH this morning.....fun....I'm thinking about starting a SUPER light strength training plan...something I can do when I'm too sore to do cardio. It would be something small I could do seated for 10-20 minutes and get used to the toning again...then once I'm more comfortable I could up to longer sessions, or more reps, or higher weights of dumbbells....I went to the library and signed out alot of exercise books, so I'm gonna look them over for exercises *I* can do! Hopefully I can come up with a 10 AND a 20 minute list of seated (or just light) strength moves to do. Oh, question: Should I start our with really light weights (1pd) just to get used to it, or go with my 3.3 ones, or my 5.5pd ones? Input appreciated. Well I'm off...clothes don't fold themselves! (But don't we all wish, lol!)
Have a good day, and stay OP chickies!!!

Melissa
Vilandra485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:49 AM   #15  

sharon i am happy with my 45 minutes. i was doing 60 and 70 minutes a day but i was breaking down into 20 and 25 minute sessions but i like doing the non stop 45 minutes better so when i am done i am done!!my poor foot gives me fits though!
toofatforu is offline   Reply With Quote