Old 07-22-2005, 01:36 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi guys,

Juleecee: I am proud of you too for staying op during your time off. That must be hard to do but you are doing it!

Shadie: Nice to see you posting again. Thanks for sharing what you are doing and for the pudding thing. It sounds good.

Blessings to everyone,
Dogpal
dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 02:56 PM   #17  
Oooo Silly Me!

Julee – YAY! Just remember to leave the credit cards at home!

Tashabella – wow high tech! I just use the postal scale that I use for my ebay stuff to measure my food hehehehe! What kind of scale is it? I would like to look at the product info about it (if you do not mind saying what it is). Maybe my postal scale isn’t as accurate as it should be. I use it measure everything tho. I even toss my Chihuahua in a box (so that she has something larger and flater to stand on) and weigh her on it as well… lol I think it’s off by .5 lbs tho. The vet says she’s 3 lbs and my postal scale still says 2.5lbs. Boy that sounded really bad… tossing her in a box…

It’s been a good day so far. My last day of instruction is on Wednesday next week… Then I have finals the following Monday (Aug. 1st) So ladies… I’ll probably go into hiding. I need to cram 3 chapters back into my head.

I’m really upset about this class tho… so upset that I ended up crying on the way home. I can’t believe how lost I am with these last two chapters. I really need to get my rear end in gear, because I’m taking Calculus 2 in the Fall, and if I can’t understand the calculus now, I’m going to be really screwed come Fall term.

I went out and bought a solutions manual. I am hoping that maybe it will be able to show me where my steps went wrong in my math work. I hope I can figure this out! I have finals on Aug 1 for this class. I am pretty confident that I won’t fail. But I dunno if I can handle a C in the class… not because it’s a low grade, but because I have to go all theway up to Calculus 3, and everything builds on itself. If I can’t understand steps 1-3 by the time steps 4-6 come along… it’ll be a mess!

Take care everyone…
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 06:27 PM   #18  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default Posted by Nillagrl07, Friday, July 22

This was posted by Nillagrl07 earlier today and I wanted everyone to see it and be able to make her feel welcome.

"I was just wondering do anyone want to help and motivate me and I motivate them? I really need it because I have never been this big.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:40 PM   #19  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Hi ladies, just wanted to pop in and say hi! Sounds like everyone is doing well. I discovered my new favorite drink, diet coke with splenda. It is awesome, even though i am not much of a soda drinker.If you havent tried it, you should.
The heat here is getting crazy! The forecast this weekend is like 97 degrees and sunny, hopefully i will have time to get out in the sun. Sorry i havent posted much, but as i mentioned before, my job keeps me crazy busy! I am doing well despite that, and i do read the posts daily to keep up with everyone else.
Hope everyone has a great weekend, and stay cool
futurediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 03:04 PM   #20  

Default Scale info.

For SueMarie and anyone else who wants to know about the food scale, I got it from Walgreens. It is called the "Weigh of Life" scale.

Last edited by Tashabella; 07-24-2005 at 07:14 AM.
Tashabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 03:49 PM   #21  

Hi everyone,

Nillagrl: Welcome to you. You are more than welcome to come to this group and get encouragement and encourage other people. We love to encourage and lift each other up here. We are happy that you joined us.

Futurediva: Thanks for the diet coke info. I tried it the other day too. I don't drink sodas of any kind usually but as sodas go, it is a good one.

Tashabella: Wow, hope you and your family are ok. Take care and be careful.

Blessings to everyone,
Dogpal
Old 07-23-2005, 04:09 PM   #22  
Pending Email Confirmation

WOW the week I have had my diet has gone well and truly down the pan, but I am going to get back on track with it...

I had a nightmare on Sunday with the neighbours, both dogs took ill on the Monday, mine made a quick recovery but Mum's was more serious and was operated on on Friday afternoon, thankfully he's now back home and am hoping he will make a good recovery, although we know he won't run again.

I am just about to start feeling calm again!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 01:39 PM   #23  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Good morning ladies, I had a nice loss this week because I haven't been sleeping, eating enough calories, and had root canal. I can't do another week like this though, or I'll gain and go into another long plateau. I've got Male on the brain. The worst part is that it is a Canadian brand, that would mean a 3500 mile move across the continent to continue. Nothing like making life changing decisions. Why couldn't he have just been a used car salesman or garbage man instead of a Canadian. I've had much to think about.

Mazarin - One of the seven habits of highly successful weight loss maintainers is that they expect to have failures, but never give up. Every time I've fallen on my face, I've just had to find a way to get back up. I know you can do it too.

Xena-Emotional eating is a tough one. I used to be one of the worst in the world. You don't get to be nearly 600 pounds by only eating when hungry. I cut out a wonderful article on getting over the mental obstacle of comforting yourself with food. This is from the director of the Well Program at Harvard Medical School. 1. Eat at the table. Europeans stay trim even when eating many more calories at a meal in part because they savor their food. Eating in front of the tv or at our desks disconnects us from our body's signals of hunger and satiety. 2. Keep a diary. For an entire week, observe your habits and feeling surrounding food and exercise. Each time you eat or skip exercise, ask yourself: How do I feel right now? Record your observations in a small notebook you carry with you. After a week, study your notes. Can you identify any patterns? Maybe you take second helpings at dinner when you've had a bad day. Brainstorm ways to overcome these situations. 3. Take three deep breaths before you eat. This is from Ina Denburg a yoga instructor. When we breathe slowly, it gives us the chance, the physical time, to pause and pay attention. A few deep breaths can prevent you from eating mindlessly and balance the emotions that make you turn to food. Once you're more relaxed, as yourself if you're really hungry. 4. Distract yourself. Write a list of 20 comforting or entertaining things you could do when you have an urge to eat that's not based on hunger, like email a friend, take a walk, or read a book. When you feel the impulse to snack, pull out your list and try at least one of the activities. Later, if you're still thinking about food, eat a small portion of what you're craving.
Now from me, I keep a food journal, and have every day for a year and 5 days. I bought a case of those little spiral memo books that fit in your pocket. I divide the page 2/3 for food, and 1/3 or everything else. I write down everything that goes in my mouth. It may seem tedious at first, but now it is like I am a sassy waitress in a dinner taking my own order. My emotional eating always had an immaturity component to it. Writing everything down makes me accountable, and the grown-up in me has to "pay the ticket." On the 1/3 side, I write down all the exercise I did, how I felt that day, anything that might affect me. It is hard, but it does work. I have lost 154 pounds since starting my journal. I also got everything out of the house I could binge on. I don't carry cash, because that makes stopping at drive thru too easy. I also have eliminated any negative people (including my mother) and negative things from my life. I rarely watch the tv, and never watch tv news. I get my news slowly in the morning paper, or on my home page that I have set up to screen what I want to read. I listen to a Contempory Christian station, not just because the music speaks to me, but also just because there are few commercials. Remember what Hannibal Lector said, "We covet what we see everyday."
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 02:06 PM   #24  

Mazarin: Hope that your Mom's dog gets better soon. Pick yourself up girl. You can get right back on track with your eating.

Catherine: Try not to worry so much about moving etc. Maybe the Lord is totally giving you a brand new life? New weight, new hunny, new courtry? I hope everything works out so well for you. Thank you for quoting Hannibal Lecter, LOL I mean not for quoting him so much but for the quote. It really helps keep things in perspective. We covet what we see, what we put inot our mind. That helped me to remember that when I am focusing on the Lord and feeding on Him, I am not so nosey about focusing on the world and what it has to offer. Thanks again.

Blessings to everyone,
I get to go to the local lake with my sweet heart and float/swim today
Dogpal
Old 07-25-2005, 01:45 PM   #25  
FattestGirlintheWorld

Hi everyone here. I'm new but it's okay 'cuz thinkingthin invited me. I'm not crashing, okay? Just kidding. I've lurked here a little in the last months so I know it's a great group.

I'm going to try to be a sort of regular here so hope to get to know people here. This week I'm freaking out, though because I have a big paper due on Thursday. Epidemiology of asthma and applications for advanced practice nursing. Anyone care to help?

Catherine, Thanks for posting the 7 habits. That's excellent advice. I don't know when I started eating in front of the TV and now at my desk...I really can't imagine what ever made me think that was okay. It will be a major feat when I get out of those bad habits. I love your feeling like the sassy waitress with the little notebook! I'm gonna get me a little notebook someday so I can be sassy too!

Thanks everyone, for being here.
sarah
saraha62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 02:19 PM   #26  
Hangin' out in the Kudzu

Default sigh....

Hi chicks!

I've been M.I.A. lately. Various reasons for that. Been feeling poorly and just been so completely frustrated with myself that I didn't even want to be encouraged by anyway. How stupid is that??

I finally found a scale that would weigh me. 363.2 Ugh. It breaks my heart to know that I am 4 pounds short of gaining back every single pound I lost 3 years ago. BUT...I am thankful to have an actual starting place. I made really good food choices yesterday and I worked out (read: played) for at least 2 hours in the pool. Planning on going to water aerobics tonight.

So....here we go again. I am sucking it up and moving on. Glad to be able to come back to this place.

Blessings to everyone!
BamaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 10:37 PM   #27  

Hi everyone,

Welcome Sarah. Glad that Thin invited you. Come on in and chat with us. I love it here. I've been here since May and have been really encouraged.

Bamamom: Oh, come on honey keep your chin up. Yea that you didn't gain Everything back! Pick that to be happy with instead of looking at the negative. You can do it. Keep on keepin on!

Blessings everyone,
Dogpal
Old 07-26-2005, 08:58 AM   #28  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Good morning Ladies. Well I have decided that if he still wants me in nine months, I am moving to Canada. In the meantime, I have a lot of work to do. Getting in better shape is obviously first on the list, if for no other reason than it is a long drive, 3500 miles. I have a lot of old clutter to go through and decide what I can and can not live without. And don't get me started on the paperwork involved. A lot of time, but a lot to do. Maybe having such a life changing goal ahead will give me something to focus on, besides just eating, sleeping, and exercising. At least I was finally able to sleep the entire night last night.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:40 AM   #29  
Inch by Inch, Its a Cinch

Default Good morning everyone!

Hi everyone!

Lynette here. Just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone and say that I am really looking forward to "meeting" all of you.

We FINALLY had some good rain here in Iowa and the temp has come down to a liveable level so it is actually pleasant to be outside.

I did my first "official" weigh-in after being back into the swing of things for two weeks: I lost 7#! I have updated my signature to reflect this as well as my first mini-goal.

That is a great way to get back into it and I am very happy with that.

So everyone have a great day!
netekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 10:07 AM   #30  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hello, ladies!! (I don't think we have any men around these parts anymore...)

Congrats to everyone on recent losses and personal successes! I know I had a rough time on Sunday. I went to my bf's cousin's PartyLite candle party, and she made some AWESOME snack! Of course, I had to try them all (some 2 or 3 times), but as of yesterday morning, I am back on track and working TOWARD my goals instead of against them

So, I am considering a new part-time job. If successful, I can kiss waitressing good-bye! I am considering becoming a PartyLite candle consultant. Has anyone every done these home parties or know of anyone who has had a reallytough time with it? The reason I am considering PartyLite and not like Pampered Chef or hewelery or Tupperware or anything is that if you sell at least $350 worth of stuff at your first party, then you get your starter kit for FREE, so there is no investment required (which is good since I am broke). Jeff's cousin easily sold over $400 worth of product on Sunday with only 6 guests at her party, so I think I could do it. The consultant gets 25% of whatever is sold, so the lady made over $100 for "working" for less than 4 hours. Not a bad wage, especially considering I only make about $35 in tips on the average weeknight working from 4-8pm, so yes, this would be a slight improvement Also, if I ever wanted to quit, I could easily just walk away from it and not have any bosses or anything to make me feel guilty! I think I am going to do it--after all, what have I got to lose?

Sorry bout going off-topic like that. Back on...I think I will have a loss yet again this week. If so, it will be my 4th consecutive week with a loss (and about 4 weeks since starting my controversial new diet...hmm...). Sure makes me look forward to my TOPS meetings even more!!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote