Old 10-12-2004, 07:58 AM   #16  

Smile

Quote:
What is the weather looking like for Thurs - Tues???
I have a four letter word for you BarbPA:

S N O W

Today the prediction is 50's in the day time 30's (some 20's) at night and

S N O W

Friday night.

I don't believe it will accumulate but still
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 11:21 AM   #17  
a work in progress...

Question Snow?

Time to put the rake away and pull out the snow shovel?

Oh my.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 11:25 AM   #18  
Dancing those pounds away

Okay Thin... are hiding the fact it is suppose to SNOW in Michigan ???

The last time we took a late vacation for our daughter it snowed and ICED while driving. Should we expect the same this time too ???
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 04:52 PM   #19  
You and Me in 2003

Default No body misses me

I haven't posted in awhile but I guess it doesn't matter because nobody missed me anyway. Food is terrible. I feel so depressed .
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 04:57 PM   #20  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Exclamation Excuse Me??????????????????

What do you mean, no one MISSES you??!!! Of COURSE we do! But we can't support you unless you post and tell us what's up with you, can we?

(hugs)
eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 05:57 PM   #21  
You and Me in 2003

I said what I felt
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 07:39 PM   #22  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi All! Not staying long. Just thought I would drop by to explain.

It has been 10 days from ****. My back has been killing me since a week ago last Friday. I went to the Chiropractor that Friday and I hurt worse when I was done. Then went again the next day (Saturday) and still didn't feel better. Sooooo, I decided I would stay away from him for awhile.

In the meantime, I was taking everything under the sun to try and alleviate the pain. I had added my Glucosamine back to my vitamin regime since the knee problems. Now with the back, I added Naproxen at night and 800 mg ibuprofin several times during the day. Then when that didn't give me any relief, I added my Canadian 222's a couple of times a day. You are noticing at this point that I've said "added" each of these things? Well, for the past week, I haven't been able to hold anything in, if you get my drift. Food in one end and back out the other. For those of you that needed more graphics. This has been going on for over a week.

Yesterday, Miss Self-Diagnose Herself, decided that it wasn't the disk in my back that was the problem so how bout my desk chair, which I spend more time in than I care to admit. So I ditched the desk chair and my back feels ALOT better, not cured, but better.

I also gave up the Naproxen at night, all the ibuprofen and the 222's since last night. I think it was all the aspirin based drugs that messed up my stomach. I also added Imodium AD to my diet this morning and so far so good since about 11:00 AM. I had lunch and dinner and so far I still have it.

That is the excuse for my absence. I have read and greeted the newcomers via my standard PM welcome. But more than that I just haven't been able to manage.

Sorry I can't stay to write to everyone. I hope you understand.

You girls getting together in SNOWY Minnesota, have a wonderful time!

2cute: No snow here yet, I'm not lulling you into a false sense of security. Just lots of pretty colors. You did pick a good week to come.

Mary: It's not a case of not missing you. We just don't know you're even peaking in when you don't post. I'm sorry if your feelings are hurt. We're all here for you, but we have to know that you're here and what you're thinking before we can be encouraging to you. Terri's 2 week challenges have put me back on the straight and narrow for the first time in a very long time. If you don't have it in you to help yourself, draw from all of the strength that's been going on here until you can get it for yourself.

I really do have to run for the recliner and relieve this ache. Sure hope to feel better soon, I do have to do some work this week.

Love ya bunches.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 09:24 PM   #23  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I've got to admit it. The only reason I am awake is that my 8 year old is here alone with me. I am so tired. But on the really good, happy side of thing, this is my Friday. I get to sleep tonight!

Thin, I am so sorry to hear you have been feeling awful. The back pain is bad enough, but coupled with everything else, I would have been hard-pressed to cope at all. You really are a trooper. *HUGS*

Mary, Have I thought about you? Yes. Have I missed you? Yes. Have I mentioned it here? No. I am sorry for that. Been pretty wrapped up in my own stuff of late. I've been lucky to get in a few replies a week, if that. Sorry! And Thin's suggestion is a good one. The 2 week challenges really have helped a lot of us get fired up and moving the right direction again. Join in.

Chris, I was perusing the Bios and realized I hadn't read them since yours was posted. It was fun getting to know you a little better.

Lisa, congrats on getting a journal started! Is it food, feelings, what? I know the times I've been successful at losing weight have all included a food journal. You would think knowing that, it would be more of an automatic thing for me, huh.

Tammy, grats on breaking your plateau! Somehow it seems unfair when we hit one so early on, but they are truly gratifying to break through. I had to laugh about the housework comments and your girls. My daughter acts like I am killing her by asking that she load and unload the dishwasher every day and make sure all laundry is folded and put away. Reminding her that I was the oldest of 6 kids and had to do all that every day myself as well as take care of all sorts of animal chores (feeding, watering, milking) just gets me eye rolls. She really looks stricken if I happen to mention we didn't have a dishwasher. Ah well, I probably gave my mom as many fits getting mine done. This is the universe getting me back X 10.

Mary popped out of lurker mode for a quick post, how about any others out there? Angela, Syn, Jen, you all lurking? I know there are dozens more of you. I'm just way, way too sleep deprived at the moment to conjure up any more names.

Speaking of sleep, my eldest ought to be getting home from her church activity soon, and I want to be ready with her dinner so I can go right back to bed! I am the lousiest mom on the planet the last couple of days of my work week. Having her dinner ready is the least I can do before getting more rest.

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 10:18 PM   #24  

Smile 2Lb Loss Challange

Is our 'weigh in' for the 2lb loss on Friday? So its from two Friday's ago Too much Benydryl here!!!!!
Old 10-12-2004, 11:45 PM   #25  
Dancing those pounds away

Mary .. Mary .. Mary... I know, that you know , you are loved here.
I have mentioned your name before and I know others have too.
Of course we miss you ... but many people move on and leave us behind.
There is no way to know you didn't choose to do the same. Unless you post we don't know that you are lurking.... and we certainly can't reply.
You mentioned ..
Quote:
Food is terrible and I am "so depressed"
I imagine that has more to do with your hurt feelings than us not replying to you. We have always loved you and still do. Why don't you pull up a chair and tell us about what is happening in your life. Maybe we can help you figure out some solutions. {{{ HUGS }}}

Lucky... yes Friday is Weight In day for the challenge. I have been up down..up down... the same 3 pounds. I am weighing in tomorrow since I leaving on vacation tomorrow.

Thin... I am trusting you. LOL There better not be any snow.
We are sooo excited about our trip. We love fall colors and we love OLD BARNS too .. and I hear there are a lot between here and there.

I wish I had more time to make more replys ... but I still have a ton of last minute things to do. I will try to post in the morning before we leave... but if I don't get to ... please know I will miss you all.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 12:41 AM   #26  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Completely off topic, so be warned.

I am in serious pout mode. I have wanted to see Les Miserables for ages, and Tony and I promised each other that the next time it played anywhere near either of us that we would see it together. Well, he just found out that it is going to be in Lubbock this weekend, and he doesn't want me flying out because of my knee. It is also two weeks before his next block exams. It isn't playing anywhere even vaguely close again in the entire next year!

I would go around kicking things, except I'd probably manage to break a toe. Can't toss anything, cause with my luck, it would bounce off a wall and destroy something I really love. I'll just have to settle for a solid pout and whine session. this stupid knee thing! Is there a primal scream emoticon?!!

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 07:46 AM   #27  
Lisa

Wink

Good morning - it's still dark out and I'm still sleepy - maybe I need a cup of coffee . . .

I was thinking as I was driving yesterday about why I think the way I do (scary isn't it). Anyway, I have such an issue with "dieting" and I think it's because I've always looked down on those people that are so obsessed with weight. I'm talking about those people who have like 1% body fat and freak if they gain a pound. I don't want people to think that I'm that type of person - that I'm "obsessed" with it. The other thing, I don't like people to know that I'm "dieting" because I'm afraid of what they'll say. Stupid, huh. What if they see me eating "right" and they think, "it's about time - she needs to lose some weight" or "Poor thing, she's never going to lose all that weight." Crazy, I know, but I was analyzing myself and why I think that way. I'm not sure, perhaps it comes from my upbringing. My immediate family didn't dwell on it, but people at my church did, oh, you have no idea how much they did - it was awful! I think it really did the damage. And, my gramma was a really big woman, and her kids all make an issue out of weight. I hate getting together with them because someone ALWAYS comments on someone elses weight. I think it's a truly personal thing and should only be addressed if invitied. Like here - that's why we're here. I hate it when someone comes up to you and says "oh have you lost weight?" To me, it's almost like they're saying, "geez you were so fat, it's about time." Now, I know that's probably not what they've meant, but my weird head takes it like that. Can anyone relate?! Am I crazy?

As far as my week has gone, it's been okay. Food hasn't been the best, but it could be worse, too. I'm feeling a lot better. Still tired, but the fever & sore throat are gone. Woo hoo!

Thin - I sure hope that you're feeling better soon - that's the pits when you got it going in one and out the other!

2cute - you have an awesome trip! Enjoy the colors. Ours are just about done - there are still a few, but I think after the wind that they're forcasting for today, there won't be many left.

Andria - Now, don't go breaking your toe - you'll just feel even worse. Is there another show that you can go see that's just as good?

I better scoot and get ready for work. Hope everyone has a super day! Love to all!
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 08:06 AM   #28  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Can anyone relate?! Am I crazy?
Oh, Lisa I certainly can. It's like I want to be slim & trim and have everyone act like my body hasn't changed at all!

I started to gain weight 15 years ago but did lose some of it once - I couldn't cope with all the comments. Many times I wanted to SCREAM that I am the same "person" fat or thin!!!!

Anyway, I decided my health is more important and will NOT let others get me down this time. I will need help!!!! Lisa, I will help you if you help me!!!

Off to work.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:45 AM   #29  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning!
This is going to be a quickie cause I have to finish my oatmeal, shower and get started on work. I have so much to do today to get ready to leave for MN tomorrow. Hubby wants to take me to dinner and a movie tonight and I just hope I get everything ready in time.

SNOW in MN????? ACK! At least I talked my friend out of golfing on Sunday ---- we are going gambling instead!

I'll try to pop in later on....

Hugs!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 09:39 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

This is just a quick post as I am at work and I don't have much time. I wanted to ask everyone a quick question. My dh was off yesterday and it seems he visited some xrated sites. Do you all think I should be bothered by this or upset by it. I mean I kinda take it personally, but I think I am more hurt than mad but more mad that he tried to hide it. Cause he says hasn't done that kinda stuff in a while. But he doesn't know that I know that he did yesterday. I haven't had a chance to confront him yet as I found it this morning. And I am not even sure if I should confront him. Tell me all what you think. Thanks.

Skit
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote