Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 01:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#881

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Sandi & Toofatforyou - I know that 60 pounds is really good...it's just that to ME, it doesn't seem like anything has changed, and when I get down, I get REALLY down. Thanks for your support ladies.

Amy Blue - Hello, and to the group! I wish you continued success!

Nancy - I'm just messed up. I don't know why I've been so depressed lately, but I know that it would be beneficial to see someone about it. I need to improve myself in other ways besides physically. My psychology teacher actually recommended a place around here that goes by income, and that one of the guys there is her mentor...so I'm going to look into it. My moods have been so bi-polar lately. Happy/Sad/Happy/Depressed/Sad/Happy. Honestly, some anti-depressants would probably help. But I don't know. I've heard they make you gain weight. *sigh* I just can't seem to be happy with myself no matter what. I think, "yeah, I've lost 60 pounds in 4 months...that's really good!", but then I see myself in the mirror or a picture, and I realize how fat and ugly I still am. Thanks for your concern. Good luck at the doctor tomorrow, btw!

My post to Nancy pretty much sums up what it's been like the past few days, and right now is no exception. Although, I'm very chill right now, I know that by the time I go to bed I'll be depressed, and I honestly don't know how to stop it. Sorry to be such a complainer lately.

On the up side, today (Friday) is my Mom's birthday! Going to maybe take her out for lunch, and see about getting me some jean capris that I saw at Fashion Bug...they are having a sale...buy one get one for $1...so I'm going to nab a couple of pairs. A pair I can wear now, and then one in a 22, so when I do lose some more. So maybe it'll be a good day. I can only hope. Oi.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 335/305/150ish

hugs kayley
go see someone then, lifes to short to be down when you can see someone.
sandi
Old 04-14-2006, 02:00 AM   #4  
Thinking healthy!

S/C/G: 438/436/350

Height: 5'5½"

Thanx everyone!
Old 04-14-2006, 04:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi all, had my big Dr. appointment today and it was very good. She really addressed my depression/panic disorder and assured me that we can find the right medication so I won't be feeling this bad anymore. I feel very hopeful. She gave me samples of a new medicaiton that she wants me to try. I start it tomorrow. She also told me that she is prescribing me to see a counselor for a few times at least and I have to call her tomorrow for an appointment right away. She said that once I get this mental thing under control we can concentrate on my weight. She was very positive about it and upbeat and kept telling me it is very doable and that we will concure all of my ailments but one at a time. I put too much pressure on myself to try to loose this weight when I can't even hardly go out of my house because of agoraphobia and I have panic attacks constantly. So that is how it went. When we were finished planning and talking I reached to shake her hand and tell her it was so nice meeting her and I feel hopeful finally for a change and she hugged me. It was great. I felt like for once I have a Dr. who really cares and is committed to helping me get better from head to toe. All of my physical came out great too. I am going to have blood tests in three weeks from now and another appointment on the Monday following the blood tests.

Thanks for all of the well wishes and prayers. The weight loss clinic thing that she runs with another Dr. is Optifast. I haven't heard anything about it but she said it is the same one Oprah was on and that the big difference is they have mandatory weekly counseling on eating and nutrition and that you will be shown how to eat properly etc. She said there are many options and at my current weight it may be just the jump start I need? I don't know and I'm not supposed to worry myself with it right now. She said it may be a jump start then they get me eating healthy and I can continue to go to those classes. She told me of a gentleman who wanted to have gastric bypass and he started going to the classes and he was at 580 pounds. He lost 10% of his body weight and then decided to skip the surgery and just stick with the clinic. He is down by 200 pounds so far and loves the program so It is something for me to check into anyway.

Kayley I wanted to tell you that you may be fat as you say but you are certainly not, NOT, NOT ugly!!!! Don't let that come into your head. You are loosing the weight honey and it takes time but once you reach a certain point you will notice a difference in your size and the way you look. Please hang in there and maybe it would help to talk with someone about your feelings. We all love you here and hate for you to be hurting so.

Everyone else, blessings to you all and I will try hard to be more focused etc.
Dogpal
Old 04-14-2006, 04:58 AM   #6  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

I just wanted to quickly paste part of a post I found on the Maintainance board. I was pottering around and someone put a link to chapters in the book Thin for Life. I LOVE the last part here...

To sum up this chapter, the message here is: figure out what’s worked for you in the past and what fits your life now, find a healthy plan that matches your needs and likes or just make up your own, and stick to it like glue. Really, when you think about it - how can you possibly fail to meet your goal if you just don’t ever quit?

"How can you possibly fail to meet your goal if you just don't ever quit?"

WOW!!!! So many of us need to repeat that to ourselves daily. We get so down (myself included, believe me) about not being able to lose weight when we are doing all the right things. But this just makes SO much sense. We just have to stick with what we are doing and things will have to work out sooner or later. If we truly know that we are doing the best we can, eating and exercise-wise, then we just have to be patient.

I just wanted to throw that in before checking out more posts. I'll write individuals and 'chat' later.

Take care,

Zelma
Old 04-14-2006, 06:06 AM   #7  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Ok... this is weird... I decided that I needed a break from sitting at the computer after I put up that last post. So I went to read. I am currently reading Salvation Creek by Susan Duncan. She is an Australian author and it is based in Australia. It gets depressing in parts, but quite deep and thought provoking in others.

I just read something in the book that made me think of all of us here too...

"It isn't until a few years later that I work out the only reason to feel fear is when you haven't covered all the bases. Haven't put in every ounce of possible grunt. If you could have done no more, then there can be no sense of failure. Not just in journalism, but in everything. From making a cake to cleaning a loo." (loo = toilet)

This part... "If you could have done no more, then there can be no sense of failure." really hit home with me. Once again, something I need to tell myself at times when I am a little despondant about my progress, or lack of it.

I thought it was interesting that these two pieces of writing should 'appear' to me so close to each other. Perhaps I needed them more than I realised.

Take care, (and I still intend to catch you all again soon with a slightly more detailed post)

Zelma
Old 04-14-2006, 08:26 AM   #8  
South Beach Life Style

where is lilion?
Old 04-14-2006, 09:38 AM   #9  

Just thought I would throw out a quick intro out there so In case I post something nobody is wondering who the weirdo is. Im Crystal and am starting my journey to finally get rid of all this baby weigh I have gained in the last 4 years that never left once the baby came ...

I am currently at my heaviest almost topping out at 300. I am currently as of Wednesday 291. I need to make a lifestyle change and quit all this yoyo garbage. Hope to get to know you all soon.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:40 AM   #10  

Talking

Here I am!

I was missed! I'm so touched! Really, I've just been SO busy I haven't had time to post much. I got in a couple shorties on the old hen's board but I've just been lurking elsewhere and not doing too much of that! Sorry ladies - but I haven't abandoned you!

Well, we finally got The Trailer From **** ready for the new renter. Actually, it isn't so much ready as just DONE. As in "I'm done and I'm not doing any more!" Tues. I played hookey and DH and I worked on the repairs ALL DAY. After 8 hours we called DH's best friend and his son-in-law who came and had it finished in about 4 hours flat! Handymen - we are not! The thing still needs vacuumed, but that's the DONE part - my vac died in the middle and I'm NOT going back. We've made 7 round trips to the darn place in four days @36 miles each...I'm done! I told the renter - "Move in whenever you want - by the way, you have to vacuum." She's doing the painting too - and that suites me fine!

On the WI front...My WI Wednesday showed a whopping .2 lb gain. Given I've had DS's birthday, my anniversary, "easter" at the in-laws and the total lack of attention caused by stress - I'm more than pleased. Still struggling to get back on track but once this weekend is over it'll get easier. We have an SCA event this weekend our group is putting on. Weather ought to be wonderful, but it still involves sitting around in a park for two days with sausages to eat. We'll see how well I can set up myself a cooler of not-to-fattening food.

Work has been a bear too and I really should be typing decisions instead of posts. Oh well!

Kaylee: I do hope that things start looking up soon. Don't let your life go by feeling so down when there is stuff you can do about it! And, like Dogpal said...you are NOT ugly. We've seen your pictures and you are adorable! So listen to us! We love you bunches!

Dogpal: I'm so very glad that your new Dr. is so good! It sounds like she's got a great plan and that's 1/2 the battle! I'm sure this is the start of something great!

Zelma: Great quotes and very appropriate to our little group here. Isn't is strange when you run across just the right things at just the right time?

Nancy: You're "incident" is the fear that has me going in for surgery on May 1. Lucky me...I'll get to deal with that this weekend, in ground-length dresses and portapottys. This is NOT my idea of fun.

I saw we had some returning ladies - Welcome Back! and a few new ladies - just plain I'm sorry, I've missed a couple threads and just skimmed so I'm out of replies. But I'll try to post more and do better when things slow down for me. I'm sure the lack of weight gain at the moment is totally due to stress! Boy, I'm I ready for some down-time! Later ladies.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:16 AM   #11  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Welcome Rae Rae! Lots of great ladies here. Myself, I'm on the road and gone a lot, but come back here for refuge and pep rallies whenever possible.

Home for a few days for Easter, and to move a horse or two. Off to the barn right now. I'd still like to spend a few more hours with my pillow, but not possible.

Lillion, glad that trailer is taken care of.

DOGPAL! I'm SO happy it sounds like your doc is a winner! My sis just started taking a new type of anti-deps, and it took her a little bit to adjust, but she's doing awesome now. She says it doesn't give her a fake happy high, it just brings life into a real perspective and she CAN feel ahppy now. She's had loads to deal with and they've made such a difference in her life. It sounds like you've found a doc who'll help you make a difference in yours... I may have to come out and visit her myself. <HUGS>

Today. Back On Plan. No Excuses. No self-pity (OK, a little, but no self-indulgent self-pity.) Eyes and heart on the goal.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:17 AM   #12  
South Beach Life Style

I am turning easter into a diet holiday for me, My easter treat will be to stay OP.. besides, why is every thing revolved around sweet treats,, I think we need a diet holiday,, a day off from work and everything,,,,,

Lilion~ Glad to see you posting, I do look forward to reading what all is going on with you I just know you talk with your hands..
Old 04-14-2006, 10:44 AM   #13  

kayley i take paxil and it does wonders for my mood! keep your chin up and remember there is an awful lot of people that care about you! i understand how depressing life can be but we just have to keep on keeping on i guess!
Old 04-14-2006, 12:47 PM   #14  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

I don't know what happened, but I just lost my post with all the personals in it. Dangit! Well, let me just report that I was down 6.4 at my weighin today!

I'll be back later (when I am less frustrated with my internet connection) to post more. Have a great Easter!
Old 04-14-2006, 01:05 PM   #15  

good for you Xena.. i will be weighing tomorrow or sunday wish me luck!
Closed Thread