Old 10-08-2004, 07:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...579

COME JOIN US!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 07:43 AM   #2  

Default I Did It!

Morning Ladies

Well I did it, I started another post. We were at 29 so I figured I would go for it. And how cool is it that there are 7 days in the week and 7 colors in a rainbow. oh I am so easily excited aren't I? Ok sooooo, I haven't posted in a bit. I have been going in early and leaving late at work so that I only have to work a couple of hours today. How ever I will be for a while today. But that is ok. Let's see, I have not been on program this week. In fact I was so stressed I had evil chocolate. I am drinking my water, just not as much as I should, and I am not eating proper meals. Well I will be back on program. Tomorrow I have to go take my car in to get something replaced on it since it was recalled Something to do with the fuel line and some other stuff. It is not good, so I must go fix it unless I want to blow up when someone bumps into my car.

I am also going to clean house tomorrow, Lisa you can come help if you like. I'm not that far from ya.

Lucky, oh gosh, 78 is hot, I say a nice 60 degrees is good. Heck, it was 31 degrees here the other morning, I thought that was great, nice and brisk. Very refreshing. But then again, I'm weird. At least that is what people tell me.

Tammy, Keep up the good work, don't give up. We just have to keep on working at it. It is not going to all happen at once, even though that is what we would all like to happen. There is no magic spell, just the magic within ourselves.

Jessica, welcome to our lovely home. This is a wonderful group of people. And I'm not just saying that just because, I'm a people, in this group.
Or am I???...hhmmm.... Sorry, I'm a smart aleck, I should be a comedian, but I hate crouds. Really everyone here is lovely, and different and brings something very special to this group. So again I say WELCOME!!

BarbG, my prayers and are with your niece. I had my galbladder removed last year. Then back in this year for a hernia because of the surgery. So you tell her to take it easy and don't over do it. Even if she thinks she's alright, tell her to take a little longer. I feel for her, I know the pain she was going through. And all of the misdiagnosis too. I was tested for the ulcer, a acid reflux thing, just stuff that was not my galbladder, finally another doctor had me have an ultrasound and they found it, because my blood work was not showing anything wrong. Even the day of the surgery, blood work showed no problems and when they took out the beast it was infected. go figure. So my thoughts and prayers are with her.

Terri, I understand your laptop issue. I have problems with mine. It won't log on at all now, I have to take it in. Thank goodness it is under warranty. I hope you keep posting though, you are always so inspirational, and I love you horse stories. So good luck with posting at work. I know how difficult that is to do. Oh and I think Survivor is getting boring too, cause everyone knows how to play the game now. I mean they keep trying to change it up a little but.... I think they should have a married couples Survivor, my husband and I would so sign up for that. That would be awesome. Right now I am rooting for Twilla and Chris, but I am not sure. Maybe Scout is going to do it.

Thin, I am sorry about your back. Is it getting better at all? I don't think I could sleep in the recliner every night. But I do have to get out of bed, I can't sleep in unless I move to the couch cause my back starts hurting. You would think with all this pain I am in that would make me more movtivated to move my butt and lose weight. But noooo, I have to just feel sorry for myself and continue making myself worse. Well at least I know I do it. Now, I just have to stop doing it. Feel better, if you want I'll just send Lisa out to your house to clean up after she's done with mine.

Andrio, ow, shots, I hate those. Glad to hear that you are doing things to make yourself feel good. I hope you are getting better. And way to go standing up to him like that.

Ok well, I think that about does it. I am off for now, a long day ahead of me. Take care one and all.

Skittles

Old 10-08-2004, 09:02 AM   #3  
Lisa

Talking

Good morning ladies - today is Fun Friday! What is everyone going to do? My fun thing is starting my new job today - YAY!!!!!!!

That said, hope everyone has a super awesome day - I'll be back tonight to let y'all know how it went!

Love to all!
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 09:48 AM   #4  

Hi ,
How is everyone this morning? I have now lost 7 pounds. im excited. Im really trying hard. Hope everyone is well.
Skittles you are such a good comedian.(lol) Keep up that good personalty.
well better go just wanted to stop by.
blondiewyandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 03:11 PM   #5  
debra

Hi,
Iwent right to this thread for the latest...going back to catch up later. I went to the pool yesterday and did the PT excercises for my knees. I felt like 100 years old afterward, but pretty decent today. If I can build up my thigh muscles to take more of the load, I won't be such a burden to myself. Then maybe I can walk more than a few feet, lose weight faster, and get the ligaments repaired...the pounds are slow coming off. I used SlimFast and got the runs, WOW chips do that too, any sweetner out there that doesnt upset the tummy?
I have Turkey Sauage, peppers and onions cooking. Smells heavenly. Cooking lighter is not so bad when you shop like you mean it.
Happy Friday to all, have a good weekend!
Debra
dgrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 05:51 PM   #6  

Unhappy

Well, shoot. I don't know about next weekend!!!! My temporary crown is silver and it shows when I smile! I guess I will have to try and look at Ikea and the MOA.

I have a million things to do tomorrow. I will try not to lose the ability to walk, like I did last time.

I feel really whipped after this week and then topping it off with a trip to the dentist.
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 07:53 PM   #7  

Default I forgot !

Well I forgot to put the do not post here, meet us on the next thread on the last thread. I think I should go do that now. Ooops. I knew it was too good to be true that I would get it all right.

tata for now.
Skit
Old 10-08-2004, 10:52 PM   #8  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Exclamation OMG... Hyperventilating

OMG...

Hubby and I got a letter today from Adelphia Cable with a letter from whoever represents Columbia Pictures stating we have violated copyright infringement laws and we could face civil or criminal litigation, which could result in up to $250,000 in fines and 5 years in Federal prison!! Apparently they were able to detect that someone uploaded a movie from us we were sharing with Grokster.

Yes, we know that it's illegal, but we only downloaded a few movies to watch once here because we can never get out to the movies. We have deleted Grokster and I am close to a panic attack over the "potential" litigation piece. For Pete's sake...we are law abiding citizens except for this and we have a 2 1/2 year old daughter and barely make ends meet!

I don't know what to do. Hubby is trying to keep me calm and says there is no way in h*** they would litigate, it's a scare tactic to get us to stop downloading. We haven't downloaded anything in ages, it's the uploaded other people did that got us into trouble.

Sorry for venting ladies, I am as close to jumping off my 3rd story balcony as I have ever been in my life, given other stressors I have been dealing with this week.

I hope you all have a good night and thanks for reading this.

Chris
eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 01:00 AM   #9  

Default I am HURTING

First to Christina:
I am very sorry for all the stressors you have been dealing with. I know what you mean about a ton of stresses. I have been close to wanting to jump lately myself, but I know that I am needed here for my hubby and kids. Know that I will be keeping you in my prayers

Now for my day and why I am hurting.
I have done really good with my eating and am not hungry in general. I am very happy. My biggest problem is still wanting to have some of the fast foods that are yelling for me to buy. It frustrates me so much when I go somehwere and it cost 3-4 times more to get a salad or other healthy food than the burgers my kids have. GGGRRR. (I got that from 2cute)LOL. I was very proud of myself this evening as my daughter was practicing volleyball I was watching and reading my book. I realized I had not done my exercise yet and would not have time by the time I got home. I spoke to the coach about me walking (the gym is weird shaped and I did not want to disturb practice). She told me that was perfectly fine and to let her know anytime I want to walk during practice. Basically I walked half a basketball court 10 times. I did not actually keep count, but I know it was close to that. I was very proud of myself. That may sound crazy, but it takes alot for me to do stuff like this. Then I was taking my other daughter to her volleyball game and when I was crossing the driveway I stepped on a stone and twisted my ankle. I fell down completely. Not just a little, but went from my knees to my chest and chin. I fell so hard my hands just could not stop me. I am sure many of you can understand what it is like not only to have fallen, but I am so large I could not get myself up. It took my 15 year old daughter and my freind to help me up. As much as I hurt tonight I really dread what tomorrow will feel like. I need to exercise, but I dread what that will feel llike too. I know I sound like a wimp. I hate this.

Anyway, that is my day. I hope to be able to post more and better later. Maybe as I recuperate tomorrow.

IN HIM
Tammy
momfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 02:32 AM   #10  
Dancing those pounds away

Thin... I am soooo excited for you !!!! VEGAS and FLYING !!!
I am sooo proud of you. If you call ahead they can have a seat belt extension waiting for you just in case. My daughter has flown Northwestern and can tell you if they are bigger seats. I wonder if you bought the third seat as a child seat if it would have been cheaper ?? I will have to check that out for the Spring Fling 2.

Kat... good to see you !!! I know all too well about wacky mood swings. When I was young I never had any female problems. The older I get... the more problems I have.
Hmmm ... Thin... I also have MAJOR BACK PAIN now too that comes with my womanly problems. Are you due soon ?? OR in ovulation ?? ... or just done ??? LOL LOL Gee... I guess I should just ask... are you female? LOL

BarbPA ... so good to see you too. You sound happy even though you sound really busy. Just like to know you are okay. Glad to hear you are reading. Post when you can.

Skittles... thanks for starting the new thread. You did GREAT !!!
My family teases me because I can easily "entertain myself" with silly things like you. LOL
Jump back on the wagon and get that food back into control.
You KNOW you CAN.

Lisa... how did your first day at your new job go ??? Was it FUN ???
My Fun Friday included getting my haircut... movies (Ladder 49) ... swimming... and an ICE COLD diet drink. I have been trying to stick to water so that coke tasted yummy.
Jessica.... 7 lbs !!!! Way to girl !!!! What food plan are you doing? Are you exercising ?

Debra... what kind of water exercises do you do for your knees? What do you do to build up your thigh muscles? How does that help your knees? I have no cartlidge in my knees... but too fat for replacement. I won't be forever... I AM GOING TO SUCCEED !!!!

Lucky... I know how you feel about your temp crowns. I got a small 2 tooth partial and the stupid dentist made one tooth silver. Grrrrr I was so mad at him. He said they are stronger and will last longer. WHO CARES !!!! I want it to look good. I don't care if it lasts.

Chris... DO NOT JUMP !!! LOL It will be okay. I don''t know anything about that stuff... but I do know that FEAR is...
False Events Appearing Real.
Stop and relax. Take a few deep breaths. Really.. right now.. take a few deep breaths.
Don't put the horse before the cart. It probably was a scare tatic and it WORKED. LOL
Just don't do it again and I bet this problem disappears. Relax.

Oh Tammy... my heart goes out to you. I have been there and done that. It is sooo scarey too. Fear of being in pain. Fear of not being able to get up. Fear of damage done to your knees. Fear that someone saw you fall !!! It is sooooo humiliating to yourself.. even if no one saw. It is sooo frustrating. BUT...
Those fears are just that .. fears. You dealt with them. It is over now. Put it behind you. Take it one day at a time.
CONGRATULATIONS for walking in the gym.
That is SUPER !!! I am soooo proud of you !!! You might be surprised that you will be able to continue your exercising. The last time I fell I expected to be bed riddened... but I was not. Hopefully you will be fine too.

Gee... when I started replies I did not realize how many I had to do. LOL
It is a good thing I did not know in advance... I wouldn't have done them.
That is kind of like our weight loss journey. If we look at the WHOLE PICTURE we become overwhelmed. That is why our 2 week challenges are nice. It gives us enough time to be successful... but not overwhelm us.

Okay... for FUN FRIDAY ... I did the following....
I got my hair cut today. It is a whole new look. Usually I wear my hair back. This is parted on the side and swished to the other side. So far I like it. Time will tell.

I also went swimming again today. It is sooo funny. When the temps were going down ... 74 degrees seemed soooooo COLD !!! But the last couple of days it got down to a frigid 69-70 degrees !!!!
Well... today it warmed UP to 74 and did not seem that bad at all.
I sure hope I get to keep swimming until next Tuesday.

Again... I just noticed the relationship of our weight loss journey and the water temps.
When I was going UP the scale... 250 was BAD... then 300 was
But going down the scale... 300 looks great... and 250 .... it looks AWESOME !!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 10-09-2004 at 02:48 AM.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 09:04 AM   #11  

Default Oh What a Day!

Hello all!

Ok well for fun Friday as I said before, I took off work early to go see Michael Moore. It was awesome. I had a great time. He was an hour and forty-five minutes late due to a plane delay. But hey that was ok. We got to watch episodes of "The Awful Truth." He is also recovering from walking pnemonia. He cancelled his last four events. He was kind enough to sign all of my books and dvd's. He was very nice. I met a lot of interesting people. One of the books he has out now is called "Will They Ever Trust Us Again." He only writes the introduction, the rest of the book is made up of letters from soldiers in Iraq. That wrote to him personally and asked that he use their names so that no one thinks he is making them up. It is from the mouth's of the men and women who are there and fighting this war themselves about how they feel, what they think, what they see, and what they know. I have made a promise to myself that I will take a letter from that book everyday and send it to my friends and family and share with them what our soldiers are saying.

Chris, He touched on downloading for just a moment when he told us all to make copies of his dvd and give it to friends and family. And to make copies of parts of his book and share it with people. He said that when we were kids we use to make tapes for each other and share with our friends, and that is how we got interested and actually went out and bought the product or other products by the artist. It made them more money. He said he has made enough money this year, he just wants people to be informed now. I really don't think you have anything to fear. I too believe it was a scare tactic. They are not going to be able to hunt everyone down and sue everyone in the country for downloading something. If they go after you they have to go after everyone who did it. Why should it be a crime if their are others who aren't getting sued. They would have to prove that they are going after everyone who downloaded from that site. They don't want to waste that time or money. I wouldn't worry about it.

Lisa, how did your first day at work go?

2cute, I know I have to get back on that food cart and get moving. I hope you enjoy swimming, that sounds like it would feel soo good and refreshing.

Ok well, today is get stuff done day. I have got to clean my house. I have to move some books around, move & clean my rat cage, change the cat box, clean out the fridge, go to the grocery store, take my car in to have that part replaced, and well clean clean clean.

So off to clean. You wonderful ladies have a fabulous day.

Skittles
You ladies have a
Old 10-09-2004, 09:39 AM   #12  

Chris downloading off the internet different than when you tape movies off of TV???? I always heard that the ones you tape off of TV only got you in trouble if you were taping them and selling them. It sounds like a scare tactic to me too. It's probably a "cheap" warning to consumers. BUT if not, do they have computers in the slammer????? I would miss you if you couldn't post!!!!

Skit, my day is like yours. C L E A N I N G Here's to us!

I have to work double hard and get twice as much done today because I will not be home next weekend! I have to NOT think about it because I get too excited!!!! One week from right now I will be on my way to the Ikea parking lot and looking for two Chicks!!!!

Off to work.
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 09:42 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

This is just a reminder that we are one week into our two week challenge. Let's make this weekend totally OP - healthy foods and exercise. No whining on Monday about how bad you ate or how you didn't have time to move.

We went to Billy Graham last night. We got to see Mercy Me. It was awesome for us.

Sorry Skit but I don't care for Michael Moore. I have a much stronger opinion but I'll keep that to myself!

2Cute - You are awesome with the swimming!

Chris - I wouldn't worry about it from the standpoint that you can't do anything about it by worrying. Just make sure it doesn't happen again. I have seen where they prosecuted 16 yo's for downloading music. Just be aware and be careful. It probably is a warning but the industry does mean business.

I'm off to do some pilates then lots of housecleaning today. No sitting around on the computer.

Have a great day. to everyone else!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 09:46 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Oh Okay Lucky.

So Barb and Lisa are hot chicks and I'm a mean one????????? Then in two more weeks you'll be back at the Ikea. Probably in a blizzard based on how the weather has been to me this year.

Get busy!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 10:55 AM   #15  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Ok, wrote this late yesterday afternoon, but my internet was giving me fits and I couldn't post it. Better late than never?

Hey everyone

Who rocks? I do!!! 2 lbs. down at my WI today. I think drinking my water made a big difference, and I was so glad to not have another maintain!

Debra, your post sounded like something I could have written. PT, building up thigh muscles to take some stress off the knees and those ligaments, cooking lighter, all of it. Was it you that was looking for tasty recipes that are lower in fat and calories? I was going to suggest an older cookbook that is my low-fat cooking bible. When my food gets boring, or I start leaning on more fats for "flavor", I always go back to In The Kitchen With Rosie by Rosie Daley. I even made her Unfries last night with dinner.

Jessica, I've been a bum and not welcomed you yet. Sorry! So glad to have you posting with us, and even happier to see you posting success already. Congratulations!

Lisa, have fun at your first day at work!

Skittles, you just made me laugh. Hope your stress levels are under control and the same for your food plan. BTW, eating chocolate is not an inherently evil thing. Overindulging in it is a whole other story... I have a chocolate trick I have used for a couple of years now, and thought I would share. All the oldies here have heard this before, so they can just skip this next bit. Anyway, the idea is that if you really want chocolate, to have some, but you have to teach yourself to really enjoy and savor the experience. Take a small nibble at first. Let it sit on your tongue. Close your eyes if you have to, and really taste that morsel. Let it melt on your tongue, move it around your mouth. When you have finished that bite, feel free to decide how much more you want or need. I suggest getting a high quality chocolate, just one, and remembering this is a treat to be experienced fully. Don't try just popping it into your mouth and moving on. That leads to wanting one more and one more, because you don't give your body time to truly satisfy the craving. This works with a lot of other food cravings as well. Let me know if this works for you, from one chocoholic to another!

I'd better quit with the replies to this thread only. Sorry for leaving so many out. My knee is acting up though, and I'm going to go prop it up. Maybe I'll watch a movie. That could be my Fun Friday activity! Also, bought a cute bottle of dark blue nail polish, and I'm going to do my nails tonight at work. Already have the toes done, complete with a cute little toe ring.

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote