Old 01-24-2004, 07:32 PM   #31  
a work in progress...

Default emerging from lurkerdom...

I'm ready! Today is Day 2 of Phase 1/South Beach Diet and I'm feeling fine! I'm going to post my daily goals and will report each night the acheivement (or not) of said goals. Ultimately, I would like to lose 116 lbs. Today's weight is 266. Goal weight 150. This will be acheived by a combination of the following:

1. Following the South Beach Diet. (low carb)
2. Daily exercise. At least 30 minutes.
3. At least 64 oz water daily.
4. Multivitamins daily.

That's it for now, I'm starting simple. I'll be back when I've accomplished all of the above.

katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 01:14 PM   #32  
this time I mean it!!!

S/C/G: 355/336.2/190

Height: 5' 8"

Terri!! And welcome Kat!

I did okay yesterday - did my cardio and swam for an hour. I'm not sure how today is going to be - I'm at work waiting for a Hardware Engineer to show to replace some parts in a server here at work (I HATE being on-call!). So I may go to the gym depending on how long things take.

Have a great Sunday!

psm
brunissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 02:03 PM   #33  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Just a quick dropping in. This last week was painfully busy, but I kept up three visits to Curves. Since I've been doing walking for the other two days of exercise every week and my knee is being tough to deal with right now, I'm trying to figure out what else to do. Any suggestions? I need something to do twice a week for 30 minutes that isn't going to put pressure on my knee.

I'm having trouble getting my food journaling going. This week I'm really going to concentrate on that aspect. When I journal, I lose weight. No two ways around it.

My last improvement goal was to work on drinking more water. I started carrying my personal Brita bottle again, and I've been making sure it is full every time I get into the car. Been a lot more successful getting it all down that way since with the new jobs I have twice the commute time.

Got to run now! (Wish I was running for real! One day, one day...)

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 06:48 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

As much as I tried to avoid it, I made myself exercise this afternoon. I was browsing out on the DHC Body Challenge website and ran across a section about getting into the fat burning mode. It said that the first 15 minutes of cardio are burning sugars and that your body doesn't get into burning fat until after that point. And for maximum fat burn, you need to do 30-60 minutes beyond that first 15. That might be an explanation about why my losses have been slow - I'm not getting far enough into fat burning.

So, I got out my "Cycling Switzerland" video and got on the spinner. I did two very intense segments for a total of 40 minutes. Before, I wasn't really getting into sweat mode and today I definitely did. Then I got out the "Winsor Pilates for Abs" DVD. WOWSER! I did a fair amount but am defintely a long way from mastering that. I was able to do the roll ups at the beginning but not the ones in the end (charley horses in your abs are not fun ) But I loved it and I feel tremendous. When I master the ab pilates, I'll have to try some of the others.

I think I showed myself with all the stuff I've got, that I don't need to pay for the gym. I think I'll save the money for vacation.

Welcome to the challenge Kat! I know you can kick butt once you get focused!

Andria - Hmm, knee problems. I'm not sure what is best other than swimming. It sure is frustrating working through injuries. Take it easy but don't give up!

Oops, DH has dinner ready. Have a great Sunday evening!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 09:26 PM   #35  
a work in progress...

Default All goals met!

1. Following the South Beach Diet. (low carb) done!
2. Daily exercise. At least 30 minutes. Cardio x30 min, abs: 10x10 different crunches!
3. At least 64 oz water daily. Gotta be twice that!
4. Multivitamins daily. A fistful!

I'm adding the following goals for tonight, since I'm working: Stairs only! No elevators! (I hope I get called to the 2nd floor first...gotta ease up to the 4th floor!)

I just have to say that today is the FIRST day in a long time that I have met all my goals! I've even prepared a snack for work...tuna salad with veggie dippers. (celery, yellow pepper, radishes)

I'm doing it!

Thanks for being here, girls, and being my inspiration!
Old 01-26-2004, 09:01 AM   #36  
this time I mean it!!!

S/C/G: 355/336.2/190

Height: 5' 8"

Default blew it....big time....

I guess I had some things bothering me yesterday and unfortunately I slipped into my old habits of bingeing/purging to deal with them. But after much thought I figured out what was eating at me, and this morning I took care of that issue, so I'm hoping today I'll be free from the crazies that I feel when I'm bingeing/purging.

We had about 6-8" of snow last tonight, today is going to be a beautiful, sunny, warm (34 degrees) day, and I'm NOT going to dwell on yesterday, I'm just going to get back on the wagon and move forward.

psm
brunissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 07:25 PM   #37  
a work in progress...

Atta girl, Pam! No looking back! You've come so far, I know you won't let this stop you!

SOOOOOOOOOOO....I did it! I took the stairs ALL NIGHT long. That's a lot of stair climbing...my butt is feeling the effects today!

I haven't exercised yet today, but I will do my weight tape later. Just got back from my son's basketball game, I need to make dinner.

I'll be back to report all goals met today...once I've met them.!
Old 01-26-2004, 08:38 PM   #38  

Well, here is my challange to myself for this week.

I can exercise on Monday's - full of energy and look forward to it. Then Tuesday comes and I lose my energy and motivation.

SO, this week I pledge to exercise on Tuesday!!!! I did walk 3 miles today and shoveled snow for 15 minutes.

Back tomorrow to report in!!!
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 10:26 PM   #39  

Great job, ladies!

Tonight, I did 30 minutes cardio. Its snowing tonight so no outside walking. I did do 13 minutes on the treadmill (had to go pee) then finished off my time on the airdyne. I know that thing is great exercise but its a killer mentally.

Food was good today. Well within my range. We had savory chicken which is a South Beach recipe, beets and salad for dinner. Very good.

Have a great Tuesday!
Old 01-27-2004, 02:07 AM   #40  
a work in progress...

1. Following the South Beach Diet. (low carb) done
2. Daily exercise. At least 30 minutes. NOT done !! Will make up for that tomorrow!
3. At least 64 oz water daily. done
4. Multivitamins daily. done

Yay! Lucky's here too! I'm thinking I'll be joining you in some shoveling exercise tomorrow and Wednesday if all predictions come true.

Terri, what's the airdyne? Sounds intimidating.

Pam, was today a better day?

Gotta go to bed now...see ya'll tomorrow.
Old 01-27-2004, 07:42 AM   #41  

Kat - taking the stairs at work does count as exercise!! Good job!

The airdyne is a stationary bike that has a big fan for a wheel. It has arms as well as pedals for the total body workout. Pushing that big fan creates a lot of resistance.

We have snow this morning too so I had to skip exercise so I can hit the road early.

Have a good one!
Old 01-27-2004, 08:33 PM   #42  

WHEW I did 4 miles today - I hurt!!! Are you SURE this is good for you?

So do I dare go for another day? DANG my butt is burning while I sit here typing this!!!!

Tomorrow might not be more than one mile because I won't be home until 8PM but (oh, don't remind me of my butt ) I have read that ANY exercise is good.

What the hay!!! I am going to go for it.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:03 PM   #43  

Lucky! You exercised on Tuesday!! Three miles is great! Go for three days!! You can do it!

I'll confess to sort of eating like a today. Does it count that it was less of a than I used to be? It was poor choice at lunch and then too much of great hot drummies that DH made. Yummm!

I did do 40 wicked minutes on the spinner. I almost gave in at 20 but moved the timer so I couldn't count off the seconds.

I'm thinking about bed and its only 8 pm!

Let's keep up the great work!
Old 01-27-2004, 11:37 PM   #44  

Excuse me!

I did 4 miles on Tuesday.

3 miles was on Monday.

Good job moving that timer...40 min - WOW.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:54 PM   #45  
a work in progress...

Day 6! I'm still OP! Wonder of wonders! I met all my goals yesterday...oops, that's a lie, I didn't take my vitamins. Will go take them now, so I don't forget.

I still need to do my exercise for tonight, then off to the shower and work. Speaking of work, I had another "stairs only" night last night! Already, I notice that i'm less winded going up to the 3rd floor. Progress.

Can't wait for tomorrow's official one week weigh in. No, what I really can't wait for is to be able to have a piece of bread. Or an orange. Oh well, that's not for another week! I can do this!