Old 01-07-2004, 08:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ ...... Spring Body Challenge

This thread is a spring challenge that is similar to the Discover Health New Body Challenge. It runs from January 1st to March 31st. Some of us in the 300+ Forum need accountablity. This challenge is about setting goals and accountability. Some of us are officially or unofficially participating in the New Body Challenge. So me of us are doing are our thing.

The basics of the New Body Challenge is being aware of your condition, facing it, setting goals, formulating plans, making the commitment to improve/grow/change, and being accountable to those plans. Set your goals and pick the exercise plan, the food plan and method of accountability that works for you. Post your goals and post as often as you need to keep you motivated.

If you're not a regular poster on the 300+ forum, you're welcome to join us on the regular threads and get to know the group.
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 08:22 PM   #2  

In case our challenge thread doesn't come back, I started a new one. Does everyone remember their goals and plan? I'll have to rethink mine and try to recreate!

I've had three really great food days thanks to the challenge. I've journalled everything faithfully and DH is willingly getting back to South Beach. I've exercised every day according to my plans. Thank goodness I had that part done separately. I walked the dog for the first time in a month tonight. Contrary to the doctor's opinion, I'm not ready for full time walking. I'll try again in a couple of days.

Hope that everyone else is doing well!
Old 01-08-2004, 12:06 AM   #3  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Checking in! I've weighed and measured, pictures are taken, and I'm on the move.

I commit to exercising 5 days a week.
I commit to following a healthy plan of eating.
I commit to drinking a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day.

So, short of any wisecracks about how I probably should be committed , I'm ready to go and have been doing well. I've exercised 3 days this week and have cut the processed sugars to a minimum.

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 12:35 PM   #4  
this time I mean it!!!

S/C/G: 355/336.2/190

Height: 5' 8"

Angry I'm back!

Looks like the past few days on 3FC have been a bit rough...

I know I have my goals for this 12 week challenge written down somewhere, so I'll find them and repost.

In the meantime I was going to go the Discovery Weigh in - but since I don't want to spend my whole day in line, I'm just going to report my numbers here:

Weight 261.4
BMI 48.1%

Goal Weight - 237
I'm not going to set a goal BMI - I just want to see it LOWER.

Let's kick some butt ladies!!!!

psm
brunissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 08:50 AM   #5  

Hi ladies!

Welcome back Pam!

I wimped out on the official weigh-in too because of the lines. But I did my own. I'm starting out at 250 per my scales at home. I've done my measurements so I can track those too.

My goal for the three months is to:

1. Commit to a healthier lifestyle and stick to that commitment.
2. I want to be able to spin for 60 minutes a session by the end.
3. I want to be able to start using 10 lb weights.

My commitment is:

1. I will commit to tracking the good things I've done for my body, not just what the scale says.
2. I commit to planning each week and tracking each week so that I'm aware and that its a priority in my life.
3. I commit to an activity based lifestyle which includes housework, yardwork, exercise, anything that is not sedentary.
4. I commit that no matter what the scale says - I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
Old 01-11-2004, 08:59 AM   #6  

To recap the week - it was a great one. I'm getting back into exercise and even have walked the dog a few times. I'll start pushing my bod a little harder this week. I'll be back to full stamina soon.

I bought a 10 lb weight ball yesterday. I plan to use it to help with the back/torso/ab muscles. I also thought it was something I could get DH to use to help with his upper body. He's getting soft and his arms and shoulders hurt all the time. I also bought an 18 lb curl bar for us to use. I am determined to attack that underarm flab.

We also had a good food week. DH is even still motivated since we had good food and he's lost 3 lbs. Planning and having it on hand is key.

I'll make my plans for this next week later today.

Have a great Sunday!
Old 01-11-2004, 11:23 AM   #7  

Hey everyone

The week in review...

I exercised 5 days!
I need to log my water intake, because it just isn't coming easily. The more stressed I am, the less water I seem to drink. How weird is that?!
Healthy eating plan, I did pretty well there. I think I need to add a food journal to my commitment. I used to use DietPower and was absolutely in love with it. This would be a good time to start it up again.

Andria
Old 01-11-2004, 07:52 PM   #8  

I commit to exercising 5 days a week.
I commit to journaling what I eat.
I commit to drinking a minimum of 66oz of water a day.
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 06:27 PM   #9  
this time I mean it!!!

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi. I'm doing a good job of making up for 6 days of restuarants last week - and the 1.4 pounds I gained is gone.

My eating has been okay, I've been a little over the past couple days, but I'm working on that. And I'm seeing the evil trainer 4x this week as usual so I know he'll whip my butt back into the swing of things.

So I found my goals for the 12 week challenge and here they are:

1. Cardio 4x a week, at least 30min
2. Swimming 2x a month, 1 mile
3. Pilates 2x a week, 30 minutes
4. Weight Training 4x a week, minimum 30min@
5. Plank - 2min 01/31/04 (a bet with the Evil Trainer)
6. Jump Rope - 20min 02/29/04
7. Swimming - 1mile/60min or less - 03/31/04
8. Weight Loss of 25 pounds (bringing me to 237)
9. BMI Loss - don't care how much, just a loss
10. Running - 1 mile loop with trainer -
- by 2/14 run the entire mile with a 5 minute rest at the halfway mark.
- by 4/1 run the entire mile with no rest

Have a great evening ladies!
psm
Old 01-12-2004, 08:49 PM   #10  
this time I mean it!!!

One more thing - the Evil Trainer and I did progress pics on January 2. I've set up a page on my website that has them and my start and current stats. If you are interested, check them out:

http://homepage.mac.com/brunissen/WeightLoss/

psm
Old 01-12-2004, 09:12 PM   #11  

Hey everyone

Note for Brunissen:

WOW!!! Those pictures show awesome progress! I can hardly wait to see the April updates.

Andria
Old 01-12-2004, 09:32 PM   #12  

Hi ladies!

I posted my starting pic over on the pictures thread yesterday.

Today was a good day. I kept food within plan - no mindless snacking - and kept exercise on plan. I was able to walk the dog and do 16 minutes on the spinner. This morning I did all my toning and stretching. This feels great to be focused!

Pam - Great pics! You've done an awesome job. Looks like the evil trainer has worked your butt off!

Let's have a great day tomorrow!
Old 01-13-2004, 10:28 PM   #13  
this time I mean it!!!

Well, I managed to stay on track today....for just about the first time this month. So I'm pretty darn happy about that! And thanks for the encouraging words over the pics - it really helps me stay focused.

Plan for tomorrow:
1650 calories or less
60 minutes with the Evil Trainer (he missed me so when I was out of town)
Water, water, water
No eating after 8pm and no sweets

Terri - Do I remember right that you are doing the South Beach Diet? How's that working out? I need some kind of change, and I'm thinking of trying that diet...

Have a great evening!
psm
Old 01-14-2004, 05:21 PM   #14  
Michigan Old-Timer

Bruissen: You are and have been doing such a wonderful job. I took a peek at the pics and there really is "proof in pictures". You go girl! I was a tad confused by you losing 97 pounds since October, but I went back and looked at when you first visited and see that that 2003 should have been 2002 on your website. I was going to ask if you had some miracle way of getting the weight off, but I see it is just hard, hard, diligent work. Good job! Thanks for adding your profile to the Bio page. Hope one of these days you'll come join us on our discussion threads again.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 05:43 PM   #15  
this time I mean it!!!

OOPS! Blonde Moment.... ) I fixed the date to be October 2002 for the first pic.

psm