Old 06-03-2015, 03:08 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Larry, you reminded me that I should check out my sleep apnea, I am waking up a lot in the middle of the night and waking up with headaches, so maybe my pressure is wrong or my machine is screwed up or something. Of course, it's taking two months for me to get in to see the doctor. Then it'll be more time to schedule the sleep study, and more time after that to meet with the doctor again and interpret the results. I'll be lucky if this is sorted out before Halloween. Sigh.

I've been feeling really unwell lately and I don't know why. I'm just super-tired and lethargic. Last night I 'slept' from 6pm to 9am, waking up for half an hour at 9:30pm to take medicine, and then intermittently during the night, and then for an hour at 4:30am when I had breakfast. But I still probably got like 12 or 13 hours of sleep, I should not at all be tired but I am. On weekends I can sleep the whole day away, if not actually sleeping then just lying in bed unable to do anything. And no clue why, though I think caffeine withdrawals might be affecting me some this week.
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:35 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Cindy I've made the cauliflower pizza crust before and it tasted good but I haven't been able to master getting it crispy enough to hold without it buckling on you. Once I get it mastered I'll share my recipe if anyone wants to try.

Larry Another great loss! You're on a roll!! Sleep apnea is scary....I think I may have had it when I was heavier because I always had trouble sleeping through the night but didn't have insurance to ever get tested. 25 episodes an hour is a lot, I hope they can get you all worked out

Betsy I think the constant go go go is catching up with me. I'm sleeping better at night lately but I seem more tired in the morning. I think this TOM stuff has a lot to do with it because I have felt different than in the past with my symptoms...That's why I thought there may have been a slim chance I was pregnant...but I'm definitely not...My little friend is here for her visit. I've been in more pain this time around but luckily I have medicine to help with that. Glad you were able to get a good amount of work done on the house. That's what I'll probably be doing this weekend since it's supposed to rain the rest of the week.

Rabid I'm right there with you on the lethargy this week...Hopefully it'll all work out for us soon!

I'm in the midst of making the infamous cauliflower pizza crust. Just heard my buffalo chicken go off on the oven and my cauliflower is cooling in the freezer to get it cool enough to touch it. I really hope this recipe works!!! I've been craving this pizza for over a week now!!! DH isn't eating it of course. I told him he could get take out tonight if he wanted to so he left to go get a calzone from the pizza shop down the street.

I'm in quite a bit of pain from this TOM business but I'll be ok. Today definitely deserves a rest day...Back at it tomorrow with cardio and maybe work on my arms some. I'm not looking too much at the scale this week because I know I'll be bloated....Just going with the flow and see where this week takes me.

Hope everyone else that hasn't been posting is doing good....Miss you guys!! Have a great night all!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:52 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Betsy My doctor had ordered a split test. Half without CPAP and half with CPAP at the hospital I was informed that the insurance only allows a split test if I have 40 or more apneas an hour. I had twenty five so no CPAP last night. The test generated 900 pages of data which the lab is going to score and reduce to a 15 page report to my doctor. Then the doctor must decide if he should schedule another test with just the CPAP to get the proper flow readings that I need.

SamIAm86 Without insurance you can get an idea if you have sleep apnea by having some one watch closely while you sleep for an extended period checking to see if you stop breathing.

rabidstoat Being super tired after a nights sleep is the reason that I questioned my CPAP. I never used to be tired upon waking. My pulmonologist asked a strange question. He wanted to know if I snored while using the CPAP.
My wife confirmed that I did which indicated my machine setting was no longer right for me.

I went for lab work and an office visit to my Hemotologist today.
I have been Anemic for two years. The bottom range for a normal red bood cell count is 13 and for two years I have been 12 and lower. Today my RBC was 14. The only thing I can attribute this increase to is the Atkins diet with its huge increase in my meat consumption. I am still a little low on white blood cells and platelets so I have another appointment when I return from New York.

WOW!! Only three (3) grams of carbs today

Breakfast
Great Value - Cheese, Sharp Cheddar, Finely Shredded, 1/6 Cup
Walmart Great Value - Extra Large Egg, 2 egg
Great Value - Sweet Cream Butter Unsalted, 1 tbsp(s)
Swaggerty - Premium Sausage Patties, 2 patty (1.2 oz)

Lunch
Home Made - Extra Large Hard Boiled Egg, 2 egg

Dinner
Jennie O - Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage (Lean), 4 link

Total: 3g Carbs, 104g Fat, 110g Protein

Goal: 18g Carbs, 109g Fat, 88g Protein
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:43 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all. The weather forecast says partly cloudy today, but it still looks like night out there. Hope it clears up -- the kid is coming to work on the yard today. I'm also going to have him calm Toby while he gets groomed again -- time to cut off some more hair!

Rabidstoat If you think you have sleep apnea, it's definitely worth your while to get tested for it and, if necessary, get a sleep machine (c-pap or bi-pap). Here are the symptoms of sleep apnea:

Waking up with a very sore or dry throat
Loud snoring
Occasionally waking up with a choking or gasping sensation
Sleepiness or lack of energy during the day
Sleepiness while driving
Morning headaches
Restless sleep
Forgetfulness, mood changes, and a decreased interest in sex
Recurrent awakenings or insomnia

This list doesn't include waking up several times during the night to use the bathroom. While the c-pap/bi-pap equipment is a nuisance, it has made a tremendous difference in my life. So much so that I willingly haul the thing along when I go on trips. Hope that you're able to start feeling better soon. It is really debilitating to always feel so worn out.
Sam Hope the cauliflower crust worked for you. I have tried using cauliflower as a potato/flour substitute and just can't get into the taste. I love cauliflower so that's not it. Hope those TOM joys ease up -- got to admit that's one thing I don't miss!
Larry Good news on the anemia front and you're right -- it's probably from getting more meat in your diet. Don't you just love insurance companies. Instead of paying for one test and having a definitive answer, they might end up paying for 2. Glad you're getting it checked -- sleep apnea is not something to fool around with. I put your day's eating into MFP to see how many calories this is -- ends up being a little over 1,300. I was surprised as I figured it would be way less than that. It's definitely working for you!

Two big events yesterday -- I got the house cleaned and Puyallup Valley strawberries are in. The house, of course, already has little pieces of the outside inside brought to you by that favorite dog, Toby. The poor dog's coat just attracts everything and he brings it inside. The strawberry season out here lasts about a month, but they are so good -- fully ripe, juicy, sweet and totally ruin you for those cardboard tasting ones that you get from the grocery store.

On the food front, I am still out of control. Not horribly with binge eating, but not staying on plan either. I need to get back to eating my salad every day if for no other reason than I seem to be having some sort of reaction to the Warfarin and keeping it well within range helps.

Breakfast and then off to the gym. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:45 PM   #20  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Still crying. It's not my usual style to be this lonely. I've fallen hard five times since Bob left. The backs of my knees are taking the most abuse.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:51 PM   #21  

Larry Thanks for the information never thought about that ...Only 3g of carbs!?!? Wow you are on fire with the low carb thing!!!

Betsy The crust finally worked!!! I think adding the almond flour really helped it stay together and get crispy. I ate half of the small pizza yesterday and eating the other half for dinner tonight. I don't know the exact diameter of the pizza but it was something like one of those little Totino's party pizzas or a little smaller than that, but a little bigger than a single serve mini pizza. I absolutely love strawberry season here too. I haven't been lucky enough to get any except for once this season because my farmer's market runs out as soon as they open and I forget to call them ahead of time and have them bring me some from the farm on hold. Maybe I'll remember next time to have them hold me some.

Fi Oh hun I'm so sorry!!! (((HUGS))) Wish I could come keep you company and help you out. Are you getting to talk to Bob daily?

So last night the pizza crust was a success!! For anyone wondering the recipe let me know and I'll post it. Here's a picture of what my pizza looked like after it was done: https://instagram.com/p/3fIPnBJ3L4/?...sameatsclean26
I'm having left overs of that tonight.

After work today I got home and the sun was actually out after it has been raining since yesterday so I decided to go outside and get some sunshine. About 1/4 through my walk the clouds started rolling in and I was trying to beat the clock and get my full exercise in without getting hit with the rain. I did alternating sprints again this time and did 4 miles in 1:08. I was wanting to go longer but didn't want to chance getting stuck in the rain. I also starting thinking about a way to incorporate squats in all of my workouts. They're so good for you, that and burpees so I think no matter what I'm doing even if it's just a cardio only day to fit some squats in. I was thinking about doing 50 or 100 I'm not sure how many I can actually do but we'll see how it goes.

Well just heard the buzzer on the timer. Time to check my pizza. Be well everyone!
Old 06-04-2015, 09:09 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone.

Betsy, no definitive answers from the vascular doctor. He told me the only thing they can offer me is to wear compression stockings for the swelling in my legs. Nothing regarding the pain. It is sounding more and more like an arthritis flare-up after all.

Sam, your pizza sounds and looks yummy. I would love to have the recipe.

Larry, I hope you get your C-pap adjusted

Fi, so sorry to hear you're still crying and falling. I wish I could do something to help.

I hope you all have a good day tomorrow.
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:07 PM   #23  

An interesting day today. Started with a trip to my eye doctor this morning for a follow up check. My last visit he said I had the precurser to macular degeneration and said to take vitamins and prescribed an eye ointment for each night. Good news the deteriation has been arrested. His exam showed no change from the last exam. This afternoon it was the Gastroenterologist turn. He said it was time for an EGD scope of my esophogus again and he scheduled it for June 9th. I have a condition called Barrets Esophogus caused by acid reflux. Their is danger of cancer developing there but so far so good. Hoping for good news on Tuesday.

A little low on calories today. Only 947 and I am full. Carbs were great at 7g
Old 06-05-2015, 08:09 AM   #24  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Sam I would like the cauliflower pizza recipe. I am in a challenge to bring lunch to work, so I'm cooking alot more...and I miss pizza

Larry Congratulations on the loss and the good news at the Dr.

Fiona I hope you are feeling better

So this was a good week, I stuck to my eating plan all week which is basically the slow carb diet with diary...and ketchup . I had a pretty nice loss this week, and I don't feel miserable or run down. Going at a pace that pushes me, but I'm comfortable with seems to be the key. I also learned I need to walk with snacks.

I was trying to do Cathe Friedrich videos, but I actually turned it off this morning which is the first time in a while I haven't finished a workout. I'm going to go back to doing the firm and some other things so I can get in a workout and not have to stop for most of a video because I can't do it.

I did the treadmill this week and rather than go super fast..I slowed the speed, upped the incline and actually enjoyed it. Truly in love with pilates. Dress pants for work seem to fit better, and I ran up some stairs this week. I was winded, but I didn't think twice about doing it. I was actually a little surprised.

Anyway, today is cheat day (yayyyy sushi) I can feel Aunt Flo about ready to visit, so things will be interesting for the next week or so.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Last edited by Obsidianbbw; 06-05-2015 at 08:35 AM.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:58 AM   #25  

Good morning. It has finally cleared off here and will be clear for the next ten days, so maybe I can make some real progress on getting the yard work finished up. And stop feeling sorry for myself and stay on plan eating!

Fi So sorry you're struggling with being so lonely while Bob is gone, still crying, and experiencing the hard falls. At least you will finally be able to get to the doctor to hopefully get on the road to getting this resolved. Thank you for checking in with us -- I've been worried about not hearing from you for a couple of days.
Sam Yes, please do share the pizza recipe. Hope you're still thinking about the blog.
Cindy Well, compression hose are definitely not a fashion statement, but I have to admit on the occasions when I do wear them, they help with keeping the circulation going better. Do you take any medications that could have a side effect of causing inflammation? I ask because I figured out on my own (through the Internet, of course) that when my warfarin levels are too high, it causes bleeding in my joints which is why I've been so miserable lately. Anyway, it's something that is a possibility if you're on any medications -- just throwing out the oddball ideas now.
Larry It's a shame we don't live closer as we could go to all the same doctors together! I've got Barrett's cells, too and am not looking forward to the battle with Medicare to be able to get the scope done to check on them. Fortunately, no macular degeneration for me, but great news that the progress has been halted. Continued great work on the food front for you -- send some of that drive and will power cross country!
Obsidian Wow -- sounds like a great week for you both on the eating front and the exercise front. Always great to read about other people's successes on here -- great motivators!

Off to get my hair cut, then the gym, home for a salad (getting that warfarin reading back down), then into town to Home Depot, Costco, and then the produce stand for more strawberries. The kids are coming down tomorrow to return the truck and bring down my nephews tools that he uses for painting as he's going to paint my house while they stay here at the beginning of July.

The kid who is helping with the yard work got the planters moved from the deck to various places in the yard and lower patio and we got the new solar lights installed on the steps leading up from the street.....it's beginning to look better, but still a lot of work to do. Next week we'll be hauling the lattice to the dump as well as the trash from cleaning out the gardening garage downstairs.

Better get it in gear. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-05-2015, 11:41 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Welp, up 3 pounds. I was shockingly low last week, though. I seem to be bouncing around between 321 and 327 a lot for the past month. My eating has been kinda out of control, too. And today is Free Donut Day so I'm having a donut after lunch, but I had planned on that, it's not a single donut now and then that kills me. It's like the eight snack-size Snickers that I ate yesterday (along with two snack-sized Reese's). So I really need to buckle down at work. No more junk! I just have no sense of control lately, so I really am best off to avoid it.

Oh, and Larry, since my CPAP doctor appointment is still two months away, I've been experimenting with my pressure at home. I've been at 11, and I've been bumping it up 0.5 each night. I felt pretty good last night, which had it up to 13, so I might try 'self-diagnosing' myself and keeping it there to see if it makes me feel better. I really wish I had one of those self-adjusting bipap machines, I'm definitely going to spend extra for that next time if it can work for my apnea.
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:02 PM   #27  

Default Atkins Induction Day 45

WOW!! Another 2 pounds lost today

That makes 30 pounds in 45 days on Atkins.

When I was calorie counting my weight refused to budge even when I started eating 900 calories. I went for months without a loss. I decided to see if Atkins would wake up my Metabolism and it sure did.

I have MFP set at 1400 Calories, 5% Carbs, 65% Fat and 30% Protein.
This sure is working well for me.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:21 PM   #28  

Hi Everyone!!

Ok so since so many people have asked for the recipe for the cauliflower pizza I'll share it in here instead of sending it in a PM.

Cauliflower Pizza Crust!!

2 C Riced Cauliflower
1/2 Almond Flour
1 Egg
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 TBSP Italian Seasoning
1/4 tsp Pepper

Rice your cauliflower using either a food processor or a shredder until it is finely riced down. Put in a bowl with no water and cook for 5 minutes in the microwave. Take it out and throw it in the freezer until it's cool to touch.

Take out the freezer and put it in a tea towel or cheese cloth (cheese cloth gets the most water out) and squeeze as much water as you can out. I got about 1 cup of water out of mine.

Mix the cauliflower and rest of ingredients until you get a somewhat stiff dough ball. It won't be as sticky or as stiff as regular pizza dough. Put it on parchment paper (this is key so it doesn't stick) that has been sprayed with cooking spray and form your pizza shape. You want it to be about 1/4 inch thick.

Bake at 400* for 20 minutes then slip the parchment off the baking sheet and throw the parchment and the crust on the rack for another 10 minutes. Take out the crust and flip it, and place it back on the cookie sheet. Put your sauce and your toppings on and bake for another 10 minutes. If needed turn on your broiler to make the cheese all crispy and bubbly.

For me this pizza made two servings.

Larry Another day of doctors eh? That stinks but hey good news though right!? You are doing so well with the Atkins! I'm glad it's really working for you!

Obsidian Sounds like you're doing well with working out! Go girl!!! In the past when TOM hit me I would take the week off from working out, but I've been pushing through it this week. Today I'm having a hard time finding the want to work out though. Hope the pizza crust turns out good for you!

Betsy Yes I am still planning on doing the blog. Just trying to come up with a savvy name. Then I'll get to work on the design and stuff. It's going to be a little while before I have it going but I'll get it going. Sounds like your yard is really coming together!

Today wore me out. I'm all caught up on work but one of the girls left early and so it seemed like after she left the flood gates opened. I'm really tired and doing all I can to talk myself into working out tonight. I've got my workout clothes on but I'm still feeling bleh. Just had some celery and PB2 as a snack. Was going to work on arms tonight and do some cardio but I'm thinking of just lifting some weights maybe and that's it. At least I'll have done something. If not I may just take today as a rest day and workout on Saturday and Sunday. My BIL is asleep on the couch right now so it's kind of throwing a monkey wrench in doing anything because I like to blast music while I work out. TOM is still hanging around and I'm sure that's why I'm feeling so lethargic today.

No plans this weekend but to maybe get the house in order some more. Don't really have any money to go out and do something but I'm hoping that maybe DH and I can go see a movie next week. We've been really wanting to see the new Mad Max movie. I hope it's still in theaters. I also want to maybe go collect some pallets and get started on my patio project this weekend. I need to measure outside to see how wide I'll actually be able to make the bench.

Hope everyone had a great day!!! I'm off to talk myself into working out LOL!
Old 06-06-2015, 08:37 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 416 / 363.4 / 250

Height: 5'9"

Good morning and Happy June! I managed to lose weight this week, though I'm not really sure how. I feel like I ate pretty well but I didn't exercise! Picked up my Maid of Honor dress for my sister's wedding, and it's too big! I've never been so excited to have clothes falling down on me. I tried on the "right" size back in March and it was just a smidge too small, so I ordered the next size up. Looking forward to getting this altered! The wedding isn't until May 2016 so won't be doing any alterations for a little while.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm going to clean my house today, hooray! That counts as exercise, right?
MaeCrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:57 AM   #30  

Good morning everyone. It's a gorgeous day here in the Pacific Northwest -- nice, cool breeze blowing, sun is out, and all's well with the world.

Rabidstoat I totally understand the snacking on the no-no foods and the subsequent weight gain. It's so hard to go back to clean eating after having something sweet -- or at least it is for me. It's almost like flood gates opening and closing the walls again is so hard. But, we can do this. I've got one of the bi-pap machines -- mainly because evidently not only wasn't I breathing in at night, but I wasn't exhaling well either. One thing I did discover is that I had gone way too long with keeping the same face and nasal mask. I use one of those nasal pillows, and thought that replacing them every 3 months as recommended was just ridiculous and just a way for the supplier to make more money. Well, I finally ordered some new a couple of weeks ago, and they made a world of difference -- made me realize how much my old ones were leaking. So, if you haven't gotten a new mask lately, that may be another thing to try.
Larry Don't be surprised if the Atkins people come calling wanting you to be their spokesperson. You are definitely reaping the benefits of this diet approach. Of course, you're also displaying the discipline to stick with your limits (I have a feeling that there's a definite cause and effect relationship there!).
Sam Thanks so much for the recipe. I've copied and saved it and may even try it some day! Lately my cooking has been really off. Sounds like you need some down time and that TOM is really doing a number on you this month. You remind me of myself, Sam -- always thinking about what needs to be done even when you're too tired to do it. Maybe a weekend of taking it easier would help to recharge those batteries.
MaeCrochet Wow! You may have to have the dress completely remade by the time the wedding comes around next year. It does feel good to know that you're seeing the effects of working at losing. And, yes, cleaning house definitely counts as exercise!

Strawberry season has arrived, and I've eaten enough berries in the last two days that I wouldn't be surprised if I woke up with a red tint to my skin. Bought 2 more flats (24 pints) yesterday and got them all stemmed and halved for the kids to take home. My younger nephew is as crazy about strawberries as I am, and he's coming out today to work on the computers (again) so I did the strawberries for him as a gift. The older nephew and family are returning my BIL's truck along with the equipment he'll need to paint my house this summer. I can finally get the rock and mulch to finish up some of these yard projects.

Feeling much better today after letting my warfarin readings get too high. That causes bleeding which in my case seems to occur in my joints and has resulted in horrible pain. Just walking from the kitchen table to the frig for water was a major effort. So yesterday I started on Vitamin K rich foods and will cut the dosage today and tomorrow (the doctor knows) and make sure that I don't yo-yo so much on my eating. Yet another reason to eat right!

Time for coffee and the crossword. Hope everyone has a great day.