Old 06-06-2015, 12:01 PM   #31  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Still crying. Legs still hurting. Bob returning later today.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:58 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Mae:: How awesome does it feel for that dress to be too big? Woo hop go girl!!!! The feeling of smaller is clothes is amazing and you deserve it!! Keep going you're doing great!!

Betsy:: I'm starting to feel better. I did decide to take it easy last night and didn't work out. It was definitely needed after such a long day. It's hard for me to not constantly be thinking of something that needs to be done. I love DH but I basically have to everything. I know his medical issues keep him from being able to work and his depression makes things a blur sometimes, but he's also lazy and it does get irritating sometimes. I can't rely on him to do things like clean. I've come to accept it because fighting about it never solved anything...what I'm getting at is yes I do need a recharge lol!! The strawberries sound so yummy I really need to get some here.

DH and I went hiking around the lake near us this morning. We went around almost the whole lake. It only had 3 sides you can walk on and have to turn around the way you came when you get to the end. We did a total of 4.25 miles. I was proud that DH actually went that far! The sun was out and boy did it make us tired. I was going to do some weight lifting later after we got home but I was so tired from being out in the sun I couldn't do it. Got a pork tenderloin on sale today so I have it slow roasting in a casserole dish for pork tacos tonight.

I think I need to nap lol I'm so tired. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:17 AM   #33  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

I was wrong: Bob is returning today. He called me a bunch of times yesterday evening, but the phone batteries were dead, so I heard the ring but couldn't pick up. If it's a change in plan, I don't want to know. Even if it's just airline crapola, I don't want to get angry about it.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:31 AM   #34  

Fi I'm sorry Bob's coming home a little later than you had thought, but I know you'll be happy once he's home. Hopefully things start looking up for you soon my dear. Sending hugs and best wishes to you <3

It's been a quiet morning here it looks like...Maybe everyone got up late like I did LOL....I rolled around in bed until around 9:45 this morning but I needed it. I ended up not taking a nap after our hike yesterday and I was out by 10:30 last night....I just needed the extra sleep. My calves are pretty sore but for the most part I feel good. DH is being a baby about how his legs hurt lol...He's just not used to exercising much. I wish I could get him doing it more but he'll get to it eventually...I miss our walks.

Today I'm planning on tidying up the house. I have a mound of laundry to take care of, the kitchen needs to be cleaned big time and I need to meal prep.

Oh before I forget I lost 1.8 pounds this week. For having my TOM I'll take it!! I lost some inches too so I'm pretty happy about that.

Hope everyone else is doing well...Ubee I know it's chaos at your house but I'm thinking of you and hope that your routine gets to start up soon!!

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 06-07-2015, 10:55 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone,

Busy weekend here. Yesterday was baseball, two games. Our older grandson's team won and they are in first place. It was supposed to be their last game but because they're in first place they now have playoffs. Who knew that 10 year olds had playoffs in Little League? So they play again Tuesday evening and of course we will be there.

Today is my planned cheat day with DH and we are supposed to do some fishing before that, if we manage to get our butts in gear today. I'm looking forward to both.

Larry, so glad the macular degeneration has halted. I hope you get good news on Tuesday, as well. I am impressed that you are full on less than 1000 calories a day, but I am guessing that it is due to your diet consisting mainly of protein. It is certainly working for you.

Obsidian, congratulations on your weight loss and on sticking to your plan all week. I am still having trouble doing that.

Betsy, you got me wondering, so I did a search for side effects of the medications I'm taking, but no red flags for anything causing the pain in my leg. The swelling is normal for me, especially as the weather gets warmer. I do have some venous insufficiency in that leg ever since I had surgery on it in 2013. I think since there doesn't seem to be anything serious going on with it I'm chalking it up to an arthritis flare-up.

Rabid, I can definitely relate to no sense of control. I find that I am better off avoiding any junk food at all because I can't stop myself once I start. I can't seem to rid my mind of that "a serving size is the whole bag" mentality.

Sam, thank you so much for sharing the recipe. I love cauliflower but have never used it as a substitute for anything in a recipe so it should be interesting when I try it.

Maecrochet, congratulations on the dress being too big. Fitting into smaller clothes is my favorite NSV. I am noticing all my jeans getting a little loose but don't want to invest in new ones because I have smaller ones that are still just a little too snug.

Fi, glad Bob is coming home today. And thank you for keeping in touch with us while he was gone.

I hope you all have a good day.
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:53 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Default Atkins Induction Day 47

A good day today and I got a lot of yard work done despite the 90 degree heat and high humidity.

Breakfast
Generic - Bacon, 2 Strips, 5 slices standard thickness
Great Value - Cheese, Sharp Cheddar, Finely Shredded, 1/6 Cup
Sunny Meadow - Grade A Eggs (Extra Large), 2 egg

Lunch
Chicken Breast - Boneless, Skinless, Baked, 6 oz.
Cauliflower - Fresh Steamed Cauliflower Without Salt, 0.5 cup

Dinner
Home Made - Extra Large Hard Boiled Egg, 4 egg
Kraft - Mayo, 2 Tbsp

Snacks
Great Value - Plain Queen Olives, 8 olives
Kurtz - Kosher Dill Spears, 4 oz
Radishes - Raw, 15 large

Total: 11g Carbs, 80g Fat, 115g Protein

Goal: 18g Carbs, 109g Fat, 88g Protein
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:13 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

So not interested in working this week. Why can't I just win the lottery? I even sometimes buy a ticket!

Tonight I'm going to try to cook up a steak. I plan on letting it sit for half an hour at room temperature, seasoning it, searing it in a skillet, then moving it into a hot oven. I'm worried about screwing it up, it's fillet mignon, $11 for 8 ounces!
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:46 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Today is starting out as a GREAT Day!!

Down another 2 lbs this morning.

That makes 32 pounds in 47 days on Atkins Induction
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:30 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone. We're having what passes for a heat wave out here and it's only June. Normally we're still in rainy weather right up until July 4 -- don't know what's going on, but it's supposed to get up to 88 today -- UGH!

Fi Did Bob get home? Hopefully, he had safe travels, and you can now go to the doctor and get some answers. I know this was a hard trip for him, and it didn't sound as though having some me time was all that great for you. Thanks for checking in with us -- our little family does worry when people go missing.
Sam I chuckled over DH not helping out much around the house -- reminded me of my ex as he would literally get in the car and leave the house if I started cleaning to avoid having to help. That's part of the reason why he's an ex! Sounds like you got some much needed rest this weekend. Good job on having a loss this week!
Cindy Children's sports are definitely different from when I was growing up. But then that's getting to be ancient history -- they didn't even have sports for girls back then. Did you get to go fishing? How was the planned cheat meal -- sounds like it would be a fun evening out.
Larry You are definitely rocking it with this weight loss. I do appreciate your posting what you eat each day. Have you had any trouble with your cholesterol readings going up with that many eggs each day? The info on eggs keeps changing, and I just wondered.
Rabidstoat I always skip that required step of buying a lottery ticket, but I have planned what I would do with the money! I don't feel like working either and mine is self imposed!

Going to the gym today and then will work on getting weeding done on the front yard. The kid is coming on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday this week to work, and we have to spend one day taking stuff to the dump -- lots and lots of stuff! My nephew was down over the weekend and told me what he wants done to get the yard ready for easier access for him to paint the house at the beginning of July.

I made a vinegar based cole slaw yesterday and will make some broccoli salad today. Those two plus my regular lunchtime salad will get enough Vitamin K in me that it should help with getting my warfarin readings back int he normal range. I can tell the difference in my joints already, but have a long ways to go.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:01 PM   #40  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Woke up at 7:00 a.m. this morning. Its now almost 2 in the afternoon. An hour ago I was rearranging my and Scott's bed and box spring only to find out that no matter which way I put it it still blocks the vent. So I'm thinking when Scott gets home we can put the bed and boxspring on the other side of the room and then move my table and shelf to where the bed used to be and see if that makes a difference and if it doesnt then I give up. I got a good work out moving the mattress and box spring by myself though. I'm gonna work out again to my WATP's DVD later tonight though. I have my monthly doctor's appt. tomorrow. I hope I've lost weight since last month because if I havent my doctor's gonna stop prescriping my Phermine because it isnt working anymore but I dont think its not that its not working anymore, I just havent been working out or doing portion control lately so I'm gonna tell her that and then see what she wants to do. Besides going to the doctor this week I also have school Wed. and Thursday and then after course I have school on Wed. and Thursday for the next 2 weeks as well. On the 19th DA4A is having their yearly picnic at one of our parks here in Wichita. Scott and I are going, Its gonna be fun, Its fun every year. I just wish it hasnt so hot but oh well, Its summer now, We cant change the weather. Well I hope everyone has a wonderful week.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:31 PM   #41  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Hi all, weekend was pretty good till I got food poisoning...No more eating sushi from none sushi restaurants It was seared ahi tuna. It came out really quickly and I'm thinking it was left over from something else or just sitting around..blah....So when i'm sick or in recovery all eating rules are off the table. I had apple juice and orange juice today It was weird. I drink it to get some fluids in me other than water. It freaked me out a little when I realized I'd had 200 carbs. Tomorrow I'm back on plan. I have a couple of cocktail hour hang out and drink nights coming up. I'm a little nervous. I'm not a big drinker, but I'd like to have something. I only have one cheat day and this is a couple of days in a row. Blah

Scale and I are friends..I think i'm going to see a big gain with all the carbs today, but I feel better so I can deal with it.

Hope everyone else is doing well

Last edited by Obsidianbbw; 06-08-2015 at 03:33 PM.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:14 PM   #42  

Cindy One thing I should mention about the cauliflower pizza crust is that if you are making it and expecting it to be just like a regular pizza crust it won't. For me its a good alternative to the high carb count a regular crust has when I need to satisfy my pizza craving. It does still taste like cauliflower but is crispy if made right. If you try it let me know how it turns out for you.

Larry Another great loss, awesome job!!

Rabid Depending on how well you like your meat cooked you may be able to get away with searing the outside for a couple minutes on each side and not having to put it in the oven. I'm not very good at cooking steak either but from my trial and errors I have learned that lol..Good luck I hope it works out!

Betsy Yeah it can be annoying sometimes when I have to fight with him to help out around the house. He will do stuff but he walks around with blinders on and can live in a filthy house. This all dates back to how he lived as a child so living in squalor doesn't bother him. I have his wonderful mother to thank for that who thinks cleaning is spraying air freshener and hiding the trash and clothes to where someone can't see it if you have company. After 12 years I'm used to having to do most of the work myself, but it would give me a little more time to myself if I had him help a little more. I was surprised to have lost any weight this week so hopefully it's just going to be a gradual decline from here on out.

Terra Sounds like a busy day and oh how I hate moving furniture!!! Good job on doing it and counting it as some exercise because that it definitely is! Hope you have a good time at your picnic!

Obsidian Food poisoning oh no!! Hope you're feeling better today. I haven't been able to balance much of a social life since I've been working on losing weight. Between work and then making sure I exercise when I schedule myself to, then all the things around the house that need to be done on the weekend when I'm not working...it leaves me very little time to myself. I hurt a friend's feelings today by accident and she's pregnant so she's all emotional thinking I don't want to hang out with her or be her friend when the truth is I am around people 100% of the time of my life and I never get any alone time so my needless to say I'm a bad friend now because of that. Not sure how to balance it either :\...Didn't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but maybe if you have any insight on how to make that work let me know

Today was a slow day at work for me. I'm literally caught up on the majority of my work for the month. Maybe for the next couple of weeks I can actually have some less stressful days. I ended up not working out like I said I would on Sunday, I needed the extra rest day what can I say and it was nice. Tonight I'm going to do some cardio and work on arms.

So I did a stupid thing and made a post that I thought was silly and funny on my Facebook page but apparently I am an @$$ and hurt my best friend's feelings. I posted "All of my friends are getting pregnant and having babies and I'm over here just trying to work on my booty...LOL I so can't relate to people right now"...It wasn't a personal threat towards my best friend who just happens to be pregnant, it was a joke that I basically can't have kids and my only priority is getting a JLo butt. DH said he didn't think it was funny and could see how she would be offended. She thought because she has kids and is pregnant that I don't ever want to hang out with her. I told her it wasn't that at all, not sure if she's still mad at me or not. I'm trying to make it up to her by going on a walk with her tomorrow if the weather isn't bad. I don't know how to handle extremely hormonal women lol...I thought it was funny but I ended up taking it down, I didn't mean to hurt her feelings. I really need to figure out a way to be more social with my friends, but how do you do that when you barely have any time to yourself? I haven't spent much time with my friends in the past year and a half because of trying to lose weight because that's more important to me right now, and I really don't know how to be social or make time to be social. I know I only work out for a max 2 hours every time I work out, but it's the other 22 hours in a day that I feel like I have other things to do and if they don't get done then that's more work I have to do tomorrow. I guess I'm at a weird cross roads in my life because I'm ok not hanging out with my friends all the time, but I don't want to lose them as friends either. My one friend that I'm talking about has to work when I'm off work and I work when she's off work, so it's kind of hard to do anything together. She's never made any effort to try and hang out with me when I'm not working, but I have when she isn't working...It's a two way road but with her being all emotional right now I can't tell her that without her crying or thinking I don't want to be friends...I don't know but I guess I need to figure something out...Sorry to have taken up this much time on something so childish but I really don't know what to do with her lol...Any help is much appreciated!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-08-2015, 10:33 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone.

Larry, congratulations on another 2 lbs down. You rock.

Rabid, I hope your steak turned out the way you wanted it to. We always grill ours outside, so I have no experience with trying to cook one inside. Oh and when I say we I actually mean DH. I leave the grilling to him and he has it pretty well mastered. I'm with you on not wanting to work either. I'm not old enough to retire yet though so I need to keep at it for another 13 years ugh.

Betsy, cheat day was wonderful - every bit as delicious as I remembered from last year, and the scale was only up a lb. today, less than I expected. I'm good with that. It will go soon. We didn't go fishing because we were both pretty tired from all the sun the day before. My face even got sunburned. We are going to try for one day this coming weekend if it doesn't rain.

Terra, moving furniture definitely counts as exercise. Good luck with your doctor's appointment tomorrow.

Obsidian, poor you getting food poisoning. I am glad you're feeling better. And I agree, when you're sick your first focus should be on getting yourself better.

Sam, thanks for clarifying. I wasn't expecting a cauliflower crust to taste just like regular pizza crust. I think I will like it though. I can relate to what you said about being ok with not hanging out with your friends but not wanting to lose them as friends either. My best friend just happened to call me tonight out of the blue. We used to talk every night on the phone and now months go by sometimes without us even texting, talking or seeing each other. I'm not really happy about that arrangement but also don't seem to want to take the initiative to fix it. Tonight I didn't even sit down until almost 9:30, except for the time I took to eat and talk to her, and after working all day I'm tired.

Ubee I hope your schedule is getting back to normal. Miss you.

I hope you all have a good day tomorrow. I'm off to bed soon.
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:22 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Well, the steak was good in the sense of all steak being good, but the cooking didn't go so well. The meat cut was really awfully, it was like a triangle with varying thickness and that made it hard to cook evenly. It ended up a bit more medium than medium rare, but wasn't overcooked at least. Next time I try steak I'm getting it from either a meat market, or at least Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. Publix at 9:45pm on a Sunday night was probably not the best.

Tonight's cooking adventure is shrimp fried rice, to use up some extra rice that I have lying around. My goal this month has been to cook more.

Last edited by rabidstoat; 06-09-2015 at 11:22 AM.
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:24 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning. Absolutely gorgeous morning here. Sitting here looking out the window, feeling the breeze, and sipping on some coffee -- just such a feeling of being totally relaxed and at peace. Retirement is a wonderful gift!

Terra There's nothing like rearranging furniture to get a good workout. And moving bedding seems to add to the effect since it's definitely not in the easy-to-move category. I assume you're trying to get more AC in the room -- just looked at your temps -- UGH! Hope the doctor's appointment goes ok.
Obsidian Food poisoning -- definitely no sushi for awhile I bet. You may be surprised that with having the food poisoning that the juices won't have a weight gain impact. In terms of going out with your friends for drinks, how about having a seltzer with a twist? Not too exciting, but if you can avoid the bar food as well...... That's the hard part for me -- avoiding the bar food!
Sam You sound super busy, and I do understand the need/desire to just have some "me" time. Heck, I'm retired and I still find that I need me time after having the family here. Your FB post is one of those examples where voice inflection might have helped but got lost with being written. And while you're friend is definitely hormonal with being pregnant, it also sounds like she might be a little too much into herself based on her never trying to adjust her schedule to meet up with you. Friendships have ups and downs. This, too, shall pass.
Cindy So glad you enjoyed your meal out and 1 lb could be what I refer to as "scale fluctuations." When my weight goes up a little, it's a scale fluctuation. When it goes down, I've lost. Did I ever mention that I am a master at rationalizing things?

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Fi, did Bob get home ok? Ubee, are the nine days almost up -- we ALL miss you and your sense of humor. Donna, you haven't been here in ages. Larry, another 2 pounds off today?

I'm in the midst of a whoosh so I can get my body back to understanding that it's supposed to lose weight! There seems to be a correlation between eating right and losing weight -- imagine that.

It's supposed to be a little cooler today, so hopefully I can get Toby's grooming done and maybe even get in some weeding. I have to drive a friend to the airport tomorrow, Thursday is dedicated to taking a LOT of stuff to the dump, and Friday will be spent weeding with the kid. I suppose someplace in there I'll need to run the vacuum and do the laundry.

My joints are feeling a lot better from a combination of getting the warfarin back in range and it being warm. I love living out here, but it really makes my arthritis hurt a lot when it's cool and rainy (which is 9 months out of the year!).

Better get it in gear. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote