Old 05-16-2015, 08:50 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 320/231/200

Height: 5' 6"

Default Atkins Induction Day 26

A little light of Fats and a little heavy on Protein today, Low Carbs so I am happy.

Totals for 5/16/2015: 8g Carbs, 83g Fat, 126g Protein

Daily Goal: 18g Carbs, 109g Fat, 88g Protein
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 02:49 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 350/tracker

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootsieroll81 View Post
I just realized that I am officially past the super morbidly obese range. I am now just plain morbidly obese. I look forward to losing the "morbidly" term.
I just looked up the definition of morbid.
"characterized by or appealing to an abnormal and unhealthy interest in disturbing and unpleasant subjects, especially death and disease."

So just because we're fat, we must be diseased and close to death? I call bullsh*t. I think that is such a horrible, disgusting label and it's a MEDICAL term! Most medical terms are suppose to be super sophisticated and we're not even suppose to know what they mean, but everyone knows that morbid means depressing, not happy, etc.

So just because I'm fat, I can't be happy, hmm?
Well I call bullsh*t on that too. Do I like being 300 pounds, **** no, but I'm suppose to hate myself? Well, if I hated myself, I wouldn't change now would I?

Who says a fat person can't be happy, love themselves and smile?
This is just my rant for the day, but I am here to prove them all wrong!

I want to get healthiER, but I'm going to be happy while I do it, dammit!

Hugs for all my fellow friends, what a way to make an entrance am I right? lol
tranquilize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:18 AM   #108  

Yet another 2 pound loss this morning!

That's 21 pounds in 26 days
Old 05-17-2015, 11:17 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Not even going to pretend that it's a good morning -- there are 640 muscles in the human body, and I'm pretty sure that 320 of mine are in some level of soreness and aching this morning. Perhaps I need to be doing some different types of exercises!

Sam Thanks so much for the sloppy joe recipe -- sounds almost exactly like mine and you're right -- they are delicious! Sorry about DH's grandmother -- not a good answer there on whether to go up or not this next weekend. Salt can definitely make you retain water. One of the things that MFP does calculate is the sodium content. The recommended amount of sodium is 2500 mg/day or basically 1 tsp! Enjoy the walk on the beach -- sounds like a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.
Fi So glad to be getting better news from you. While you've still got a ways to go, just being able to get upstairs and back in your studio is wonderful! Is there any way you can rent one of those medic alert necklaces to wear while Bob is gone? Hopefully it would be a small waste of money, but it would definitely give you some comfort. Or a friend or relative who will call or check on you each day? Heck, if you give one of us your contact info, we could work out something where if you don't post we call in the emergency squad. Glad that Grace is still coming over so that you have her visit to look forward to each week. Being able to get in your studio makes those visits even more special.
Larry I would say that you have found the magic elixir for you with doing the Atkins induction. How long do you plan to stay on it? I've seen some posts where people have been on it for several months. It is encouraging to see the pounds falling away.
Tranquilize I tried finding if the morbidly obese definition was a single phrase as opposed to using morbid as a descriptor. Couldn't really find anything other than the use of the invalid BMI to determine what category to peg people in. But I agree with you. Yes, I definitely have issues with eating which I'm trying to address and am currently in the super morbidly obese category, but that doesn't mean I'm not happy.

Flower planting today for the flower boxes and pots as well as get the tomatoes planted. The bench didn't get put together yesterday, so I'll do that today as well. Bill called last night to ask for help with reporting all of his credit card information as he lost the card carrier that he uses for all that stuff. His wallet won't hold everything -- can understand that as we live in a card driven world now -- so he had a card case that he used. He's in Illinois on a fishing trip so we've been scurrying around trying to figure out what he had and how to report it. I realized that I've been meaning to copy all of my cards front and back and never did it -- that will get done today.

Still staying on plan and the weight is slowly coming back down. I'm hoping that by the end of this coming week, I'll be back to what my signature says I'm at and can resume the last leg of the reboot. As has been my pattern for too many times in my life, this has been a reboot of the reboot.

Everyone have a good day.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:57 PM   #110  

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsy2013 View Post
Larry I would say that you have found the magic elixir for you with doing the Atkins induction. How long do you plan to stay on it? I've seen some posts where people have been on it for several months. It is encouraging to see the pounds falling away.
Betsy As long as I am satisfied with my food choices and continue to lose weight I plan to stay on Atkins Induction. So far so good! I no longer get hungry and my constant urge to snack seems to have vanished. I count Carbs, Fats and Protein but I also keep an eye on calories and stay at or under 1400. You can gain weight on Atkins by eating too much fat and protein even though you are keeping carbs low. I use My Fitness Pal to track everything and I weigh or measure everything I eat and I mean everything. I see you garden. That is one of my activities also. I live in Central Florida and not much grows in this sand. I use raised beds filled with Miracle Grow Moisture Control Potting Mix. Grow some great crops of veggies that way.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:14 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon everyone.

Mae, congrats on the B and the 2 lbs. lost. Enjoy your time off before classes start again.

Betsy, I do have issues with fluid not draining well from my left leg, the same one that is giving me problems now. I had to have 3 surgeries about a year and a half ago for a serious cellulitis infection, and it really hasn't been the same since. Lots of discoloration, constant swelling, and ugly scars. I am still not very comfortable wearing shorts in public because of it. How did the hamburger cabbage recipe turn out?

Sam, thanks for sharing your sloppy Joe recipe. It sounds wonderful. I filed it to try soon. I hope you enjoy the beach today.

Fi, so good to hear from you and to hear that you haven't fallen in a couple of weeks. It must feel wonderful to be able to make it up the stairs and to your studio again. Last week when I was having such horrific pain in my leg that I could barely take a step, I thought of you and how strong you are to be dealing with so much pain and weakness on a continuous basis.

Tranquilize, welcome. I love your attitude.

Larry, congrats on losing another two pounds. You're doing so well.

Because I am mostly couch bound this weekend, I have done a lot of reading, and a lot of what I have read about is diet and health-related. I read about a few diets I hadn't really heard of before, The 2-day diet and intermittent fasting, and another diet where I could have over 1800 calories a day and still lose weight. In the end I realized that I don't need a new diet, or another article telling me how to eat right or lose weight. I just need to apply what I already know, and just do it. So, starting today I am back on track, no excuses, no junk food, no cheating. I am only 3 lbs. above what my tracker says, so somehow I have managed to lose 2 lbs. and I am determined to get rid of the rest and keep going.

Ubee, how many days left this year?

Have a great day everyone!
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 02:13 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hello All!!

Just checking in real quick as I'm finishing up my meal prep for the week before DH and I hit up the beach. This week I've made a broccoli chopped salad. I'm waiting on my turkey bacon to finish cooking in the oven so I can add it to the salad and get it bagged up for lunches this week. I made the egg cups again this week but made sure I measured everything and I did 6 whole eggs and 6 egg whites this time and didn't put any meat in them. So it just has onions, peppers and spinach and 1 tbsp of cheese per cup. We'll see how that goes this week

I only lost .2 pounds this week but hey I'm not going to complain, I thought I was bound to gain this week. However, I did lose 2 inches in my waist! So maybe DH is right and I am gaining some muscle and losing the fat. That's one of the reasons I try to make sure I measure every Sunday as well as check my weight. Lot of people I've talked to who have lost a substantial amount of weight say that you can't always go by what the scale says because it's a big fat liar!! LOL...So that keeps me going.

Found a different brand of the sparkling waters I like that don't have the aspartame and sweeteners in it. It's by Polar...I know they make some awesome cream sodas and root beer so I can't wait to try these. I got orange vanilla and cranberry lime. They're chilling in the fridge and I plan to take one or both of them to the beach with me. I've been really enjoying the ones by Deer Park but they don't have very many flavors.

Fi I'd be going ape sh*t if I didn't know the answers to my test and having to wait that long. I'm glad you're doing better and are getting up the stairs. So glad Grace is still coming over and enjoying some time with her. I'm sure that helps get your mind off things, even if only for a little while. Hope this weekend has been as best as it can be lovely

Tranquilize WELCOME TO THE GROUP!!! I must say that is a GREAT way to make an entrance!! Hope you'll stay for awhile. This is an AWESOME group!

Larry You are on FIRE!!!!!!!

Betsy Glad I could share the recipe ...Yeah knowing DH he won't make up his mind until last minute...I'm really hoping we don't end up going up there until it's time for the funeral because I have no idea how I'm going to come up with the extra funds. Hope the planting goes good today....I am in dire need to get my balcony all dressed up for summer for once. Maybe DH and I can work on making that palette bench this coming weekend if we don't go to VA.

Cindy Happy to share the recipe!! Hope it turns out well for ya!! I've been doing a lot of reading on different diets and what I can do to turn my diet around and get to losing more again...You most definitely will pull through just put your head down and do it...That's what I had to do...Always here for ya!!

Well everyone I'm off to finish everything up for meal prep and get to the beach!!! Have a wonderful afternoon!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:46 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Hi everyone.
Sam thanks for the recipe and congrats on the.2 down. What is in your broccoli chopped salad?
Cindy I agree with the "Just do it" philosophy now, I need to "git er done".
Larry have you eaten anything out of your garden yet this year?
Betsy I find it so encouraging when others are losing. So glad you are getting so close to your signature weight. Does Bill know how lucky he is to have you???
Welcome Tranquilize! I always figured the morbid to mean dead like if I don't get a lot more of this weight off I am going to be dead before my time. Sometimes I think many of us are content and happy and it makes it harder for us to be motivated to lose.
Fi thanks for the update. I am so happy to hear you have been able to have Grace over and you can work in your studio. Yes, everyone is out of town on me too this week. They must be beating the Memorial Day rush.
Today was such a beautiful day. I wish my schedule would have allowed for more me time but I take what I can get. It was cool and cloudy. Everything is lush and green with fragrant blossoms. Perfect relaxing weather.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:50 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 410/372/200

Height: 5'10"

Good morning everyone! My work schedule has been changed so I'm up earlier (which means I get the house to myself before the terror that is a 4 year old wakes up)! I have been following my plan wonderfully, except last night when I slipped in some ice cream (dang you sea salt caramel truffle)!!! I, however, still did not go over my daily caloric intake.

I've been conquering the 3 days a week at the gym and am physically starting to feel so much better (not hurting as bad in the morning getting out of bed, more mobility at home/work, less tired).

I hope everyone has a good week!
misstonimariex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:30 AM   #115  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Tootsie ~ Thanks for the tips on intervals

Ubee ~ Interval training is basically exercise which consists of activity at high intensityfor a period of time, followed by low intensity exercise for a period of time.

Cindy ~ Thanks

Larry ~ Welcome back

Tranquilize ~ Welcome to the thread and the forum if your new to the forum as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Morning Everyone,

I woke up at 6:30 this morning but I wanted to sleep in this morning but I went ahead and got up cause my back was hurting. Anyway I have alot to do today. I have take pictures of my collectable barbie dolls to get them ready to sell on Ebay, I have to do the dishes and clean my room and walk sometime today either inside or outside, Its sunny outside right now so I'll probably walk outside today but since the weather can change really quickly in Kansas thats why I'm only saying probably. I hope everyone has an awesome Monday.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:35 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning everyone. It's a gorgeous day here so hopefully the kid that is coming to cut the grass on the very, very steep part of the hill at the bottom of my lot can get it all done today.

Larry Sounds like you've really got a great system for the weight loss. I agree that I have to watch my calorie intake when on low carb. I have one cookbook with over 1,000 low carb recipes, and she didn't include calorie counts for anything in it. I remember your gardening -- you were using containers. I'm going to be building raised beds this year but don't know that I can afford to fill them all with the mix.
Cindy I didn't get it made. By the time I finished with putting a bench together and getting bookkeeping taken care of, I didn't feel like cooking. It will get made tonight. You're right about the just stick to it on the diet front. I switch up diets more to assuage boredom.
Sam Did you get your beach walk in? Funny you should mention broccoli salad. I bought a bunch at the market and thought that I'd make some this week -- love that stuff.
Ubee Of course Bill knows how lucky he is -- I tell him! Glad you got at least a little me time. Beautiful spring days are to be enjoyed.
MissToni Having some quiet time is a great way to start off the day! Sounds like you're doing so well with staying on plan and getting in exercise. I hate to admit it, but as much as I hate going to the gym I like how I feel when I do.
Terra Sounds like a busy day for you. Hope you got the walk in.

The planting didn't get done yesterday because I spent 4 hours putting together a bench for my front shade garden area. There were no instructions -- just a diagram showing where the screws went. Nice bench and I'm thinking about buying another one for a resting area by the steps leading up from the street on the back side of the house, but I think I'll wait awhile before tackling another one!

I've got a kid coming today to tackle the hill. It's so steep that I just can't cut it. It has to be done with a weed whacker and ends up taking about 4-5 hours to cut it. I get it done twice a year -- sometimes 3 if there's lots of rain.

Off to the gym and then home to get stuff done. The flowers will get planted today and then I'm going to clean out the gardening garage downstairs. Hope everyone has a great day.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 05:27 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Ubee Thanks hun...This is getting harder now for me to lose the weight...But I'm going to figure the rest out as I go...at least I had a loss this week and not a gain!! The broccoli salad I found a few different recipes and then made up my own style. After I made the salad and put it into MFP if I had the serving I should have eaten as a main course it would have had 42g of carbs in it!! Holy cow I was a little peeved so I ended up making it as a side so I'm eating 1 cup of that with a side of chicken breast for lunch this week. This is what's in it:
5 Cups Chopped Broccoli Florets
1/2 Cup Diced Red Onion
1 Cup Shredded Carrots
3 Cups Broccoli Slaw
10 Slices Uncured Turkey Bacon (Low Sodium Kind)
1 5 oz Container of No Sugar Added Dried Cranberries
1 1/2 Cups Plain Greek Yogurt
3 TBSP Red Wine Vinegar
3 tsp Coconut Sugar
1/2 Cup Raw Sunflower Seeds

That recipe above makes 9, 1 cup servings. It's 161 cals, 6.3g fat, 23.8 carbs and 6.4 protien....I normally wouldn't eat a salad that has that high of carbs but I'm cutting carbs everywhere else this week to help keep them low...I had no idea that would have so many carbs in it but hey you live and learn. It's really good and a cup of that with about 5 oz of chicken breast fills me up.

MissToni Great job on being dedicated and going to the gym!! You're rockin this girly!!! Hope you have a great week!

Betsy After an hour of driving around to find a parking place we coughed up the money to go to the state park and got our walk in. We even went on the trails but it ended quickly once we were hitting the trails because we saw a snake and I got unbelievably freaked out lol...We were wearing our flip flops in there so I was too scared the thing would reach out and bite me...Once we can finally afford our pass we'll be wearing our boots in or a good pair of shoes. Is your broccoli salad any lower carb than mine? I love the one I just made but gosh the carbs were really outrageous and I hate that I made it now but am going to eat it so it doesn't go to waste....DH won't eat it so someone has to lol...Hope your day was swell

Today was so crazy and hectic at work I didn't get to drink near as much water as I would like. I am happy to announce however, that my sodium intake is much lower than in the last week so hopefully that makes up for something. I'm trying to get more calories in this week and see where that takes me. So far I've eaten 752 calories which isn't bad since I haven't eaten dinner yet, taken in 32g fat, 57g carb and 73g protein. I need to figure out a way to get more protein in me and work on the fat count a bit more. My sodium for the day so far is only 895mg.

I still don't know if I'm going to have to make the trek to WV so I guess I'm going to try and work out every day this week in case we have to leave on Friday to go up there. I'm not sure how much working out I'll be able to do while I'm there so I need to stock pile it some just in case. Kinda sucks but I gotta do it. I'm luckily getting off on Friday at 12pm so if we do have to go up there I won't be driving too late at night. DH and I will already have our stuff packed the night before and just go up there. If not, I'll be staying inside all weekend...This weekend is bike fest down here (harley week was last weekend) and this is when it gets really crazy and raunchy out here....I can't stand the traffic and the attitudes of people who say they are "taking over our city"....So DH and I won't be going to the farmer's market because it's in the middle of down town and will be sure to have everything we need for the weekend by Thursday.

I'm late getting home from work today so I need to pick it up and get my exercise going. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:21 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Greeting from the eating machine.
Sam I hate snakes. I always pray not to see them when I am in the fields/woods. Thanks for yet another recipe. It does look delish. Bike fest does not sound fun. You always have such good plans and you follow through which would explain why you are so successful.
Betsy I think it is so nice of you to hire someone to help with your hill. As much as we want to remain independent there is a person out there that needs a job.
Terra how many collectable barbies do you have? Are they all from your childhood?
Miss Toni I love quiet time. Congrats on staying on plan.
Today as I was pouting I once again thought of throwing in the towel. I just can't give up yet I am having trouble getting back in the game. Guess I will fake it till I make it.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:51 PM   #119  

Default Atkins Induction Day 28

Cindylh I like you comment of apply what we already know and just do it.

SamIAm86 I am going to have to look for those sparkling waters without the aspartame. That sweetner is not allowed on Atkins.

Ubee I was too late planting before the heat hit. The weather down here went from Winter to Summer and skipped Spring. I did get my Gladiolus corms planted but I don't think they would be very good to eat. I plan on a fall garden when I return from New York after visiting with our children.

misstonimariex Hi

Terra1984 Thanks for the welcome back

betsy2013 In addition to the container garden I built a raised bed 12 feet long and 4 foot wide. It is 30 inches tall and the bottom 2/3 is filled with large diameter tree branches. I have not needed to water it in about 8 months now. The buried wood stores moisture and releases it slowly. Check this out. http://www.richsoil.com/hugelkultur/
The main differance is I made standard raised beds instead of the hills shown.

I am doing great on Atkins Induction. I checked my Pre-Atkins food tracking and I had been eating betwee 200 to 400 grams of carbohydrates every day. Since starting Atkins I have cut that to back to 5 to 19 grams of carbohydrates daily. A huge change. :

5/18/2015 Total 7g Carbs, 128g Fat, 83g Protein

My daily goal: 18g Carbs, 109g Fat, 88g Protein
Old 05-19-2015, 08:35 AM   #120  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

Welcome, Tranquil.

Hi everyone. I'm nervous. I haven't exactly been on plan lately. I recently did an online competition in hopes of winning a class. I've been invited to a major city, to an invite only, week long class taught by instructors that are at the top of my field. It's kind of scary because I didn't expect to do that well, and I'll be going to a big city, alone. I don't really want to miss this opportunity, though. I'm trying to decide what to do while I'm there, and I'm making travel arrangements. I still have to pay for my accommodations and travel. My spouse says that for the same price, I could do an online course. I'm tempted to just do that instead.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote