Old 05-20-2015, 07:37 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone.
Sam I am trying to follow your good example and make meals ahead. This last year I finally got rid of the last of our carpeting. Our house always looks much cleaner now. Let us know what you got from Texas.
Larry WTG! Those numbers are impressive!
tootsie it is true scales lie sometimes. As for people telling you everything it must be a fat girl thing. I get it all the time.
Betsy you can make raised beds out of wire, pallets, tires, all sorts of things. I think pallets may be the easiest and cheapest. Thanks for saying WE can make it for 3 weeks.
Obsidianbbw vent away. Let's see what we all have in common.
Mae may I suggest reading the book Too Good For Her Own Good. It is all about how women are raised to be good girls and how to break free. (I would still be a work in progress.)
I had a decent day food wise. It was another stressful day and I am giving myself a gold star for today.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:56 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone.

Tootsie, they did tell me I have a touch of arthritis in my knee, but they seem to think it's a sprain. My appointment with the orthopedist is tomorrow so we will see what they say. TOM will always make you gain from bloating or water weight, so don't worry about the scale. I don't miss TOM at all.

Mae, sorry about your awful day at work, but good job with staying on plan despite it.

Obsidian, hi and welcome. Please feel free to vent. We are a very supportive group and always welcome newcomers. I was one myself only a couple months ago.

Betsy, I really like my doctor, but the one I saw last week is another doctor in the practice, and I didn't care for her bedside manner. However, they did make an appointment with a vascular doctor for me in June. I will see what the ortho says tomorrow, but will most likely keep the vascular appointment as well.

Larry, great news about your doctor's appointment.

Sam, I hope you enjoyed your visit with your grandma.

Ubee, good job on having a decent food day in spite of stress. I give you a gold star too!

Something truly miraculous has happened to my family. Our 25 year old granddaughter had a kidney transplant today. She has been on the list for several years and late yesterday she got a call that there was a possible match from another state. After waiting for it to arrive and some testing they discovered it was a match and she had surgery this morning. She is awake and in some pain, but the kidney is working and we are all so thankful.

I hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow.
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:31 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 416 / 363.4 / 250

Height: 5'9"

Thanks, everyone! I basically was reprimanded for "venting" about the situation. I don't believe I was out of line, wasn't shouting or cursing or anything like that. My manager is generally a nice guy, but he's a military veteran and that definitely comes out in his leadership style.

Obsidian Welcome! I love this group and I hope you do, too.
MaeCrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:20 AM   #139  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Sam ~ Hi, Yes I am having a great week, I hope your having a great week also. How long have you been on your weight loss journey? Just curious

Ubee ~ No, I didnt have any veggies with it but the next time we go to Dillions I'll buy some veggies to have with lunch next time.

Obsidianbbw ~ Welcome

Betsy ~ Oh okay I didnt know about low calorie bread, I'll look for it next time I go shopping, Thanks for the tip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up 5 mins before 6:30 a.m. and I got ready for school and then at 7:00 a.m. after I was ready for school I watched one of my shows until I had to go start watching for the bus at 7:30. I got to school at 8:00 a.m. Its now 9:15 a.m. I have 2 hours until cooking class starts. I'm here at school until 3 p.m. today. For cooking class we're grilling out Bratwursts and we're having a side salad with them. I love salad!!!!!!!!! Anyway I'm gonna start bringing my work out dvd on Thursdays so I can work out before cooking class. I dont know if its good to work out before eating or after eating but after cooking class I have computer training so I dont have time to work out after cooking class. Well anyway I hope everyone has an awesome day today. Take Care.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:34 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Ubee Planning ahead has really helped me with losing the weight. If I don't have to think too long and go hungry I am less likely to eat something I shouldn't. Glad you had a good food day! I got a shirt from Texas. My grandma got me this active wear shirt with a hood from Lane Bryant. It's too big. She got me a 14/16 which I think is their smallest size but not certain. She put the receipt in with it so maybe I can exchange it for something I can fit into from there like a bra or something.

Cindy It was nice catching up with my grand. So happy to hear about your granddaughter and her new kidney!

Mandie I know the type all too well...They can make really good or really horrible bosses.

Terra Having a pretty good day. Looks like you've been busy!! My official start date of my journey was Jan 14, 2014 so I've been on it for just over a year and 4 months.

Hello to everyone else! Hope you are all doing well!!

Decided to take this day as a rest day since I am getting home a little later than usual with the errands. I have a half day tomorrow so I'll definitely be able to work on leg day early and have a cardio day Saturday.

I'm not so sure if I will be able to post on here this weekend...The internet is working horribly here with all of the income of people for this Bikefest thing that is happening. It took me almost 10 minutes to get on here today and there's no telling how it will be when it's in full swing and all the bikers are here. I will do my best but if you don't hear from me that's why.

Going to keep it short today but hope everyone had a great day and is doing well with staying POP!!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:05 PM   #141  
Turning Into A New Woman

Sam ~ Dang, How did you loose 100 pounds in a year and 4 months? I started mine 2 days after you last year and I'm no where near where you are so how did you do it? Anyway thats awesome that you've lost that much in just a year and 4 months.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:37 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 320/231/200

Height: 5' 6"

Good on plan day today. : I wanted to do yard work today but it was very hot and very humid. 95 degrees in the shade. I thought to myself should a 70 year old heart patient go out in that level of heat and humidity and work? I chose reason and stayed inside which was the best choice. Usually I throw caution to the wind and push myself way too much.

5/21/2015 Total: 11g Carbs, 104g Fat, 98g Protein

Daily Goal: 18g Carbs, 109g Fat, 88g Protein
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:08 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning all. Lots to do this morning before I head up to Snohomish County to take the boys camping. By Monday night I will be both happily exhausted and ready to sleep in my bed -- alone! I posted yesterday, but don't see it. The Internet went down here right after I had posted, so I imagine it's somewhere out in cyberspace floating around.

Tootsie People tell you things because you undoubtedly have a pleasant, smiling face and you make eye contact. It's a gift and actually a great compliment -- we all need someone to tell our woes to and sometimes it's a lot easier with a complete stranger.
Larry Great checkup -- that's such great positive feedback. And good decision on staying out of the heat. I make those kind of decisions, too......warm, cold, hot, mild -- I can always put off yard work!
Sam Glad you're not going to try to make that trip this weekend. Hope you get through Bikefest without too many crazies ruining it.
Ubee "We" are a team, Ubee. We've got to make sure those cheerleading outfits still fit (I still can't get the picture of those short skirts with the varicose veins!).
Cindy So happy for you and your family and your granddaughter's successful surgery. It is truly a gift and will make such a difference in her life.
MaeCrochet Say no more. I worked at a very large bank (4th largest in the country) and we had several retired career military there. Most of them were great employees who brought great skills and self discipline to the job. But there was one guy who was a full colonel, and he expected everyone to stand when he entered the room. I talked to our HR person about him -- not to file a complaint, but because he was going to get us sued for discrimination (he didn't think women should be in key management positions). Of course, you don't have to have been in the military to have the my way or the wrong way attitude -- some days it just doesn't pay to go to work!
Terra Sounds like you had a busy day with cooking class and exercising. And, yes, Sam is our role model for it can be done through healthy eating and exercise!

I won't be posting the rest of the weekend since we'll be in a campground. I've got the meals all planned out, and while there's cake and ice cream and, of course, S'mores fixings, there are also lots of fruits and veggies. Between trying to keep up with the boys and trying to keep the RV tidy with 2 kids, 2 adults, and one huge dog, I doubt if I gain any. The cake and ice cream are to celebrate my older grand's 8th birthday -- where do the years go?

Take care and hope everyone in the US has a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:29 PM   #144  

Terra Thanks so much. It hasn't been easy. In a nutshell I cut out all the crap from my diet. I don't eat anything prepackaged and I rarely eat out. When I do eat out I pay careful attention to what I'm ordering and usually only eat at a few certain restaurants that I know won't affect my weight much if at all. Everything I eat is fresh and home made and I pay careful attention to the amount of dairy and carbs I eat. I also work out 5 days a week doing HIIT at every working out and 3 times a week I include some sort of weights. Hope that helps.

Larry Lookin good!! That humidity will kill ya so good job on taking it easy

Betsy I'm glad too. I'll either be getting a lot done here at the house this weekend or the exact opposite and being a lazy lounger lol...I won't be leaving my house this weekend at all unless its to run to the corner store. Hope you enjoy your time with the grands!!! I'm hoping maybe this fall DH and I will go camping. It's too dang hot and humid for us during the summer months to do it around here. I had to LOL at your comment to Ubee about the cheerleading outfits....You guys are the best cheerleaders out there!! Just remember you guys need to be your own cheerleaders too...Can't always focus on me and the others here in the group mama hen

Ubee Hope you're having a good day and staying on plan...How many days till 2016?? Thinking of you always (((HUGS)))

I'm checking in a little earlier than usual in hopes to beat the prime time of internet use around here. Got off work at 12 and went and did my grocery shopping for the weekend so I'm pretty sure I'm stocked up and won't need to leave my house at all. DH has some pork shoulder going in the oven, and he's making some special for me that is lower in fat...I don't know all the parts of a pig but he cut part of the shoulder that is lower in fat for me and is cooking it separate. It's going to be a good dinner tonight! I'm going to make some home made coleslaw that is more vinegar based that mayo based to keep the fat down and maybe either eat some green beans or have a sweet potato with it, just all depends on what my carb intake is at dinner time. I went over in my carbs yesterday so I'm going to do what I can to make up for it the rest of the weekend. Just had my late lunch and I'm going to bust out leg day here in a minute.

Hope everyone is happy and healthy!!! I gotta say I LOVE this group and everyone in it!!! This place has been such a great place of release for me since the start of my journey I don't think I could ever fully leave this place...You guys have become part of my family!!! Take care all and have a wonderful evening!!
Old 05-22-2015, 04:04 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Hi everyone.
Sam enjoy being a hermit this weekend. It must be thrilling that your shirt is too small when only a little over a year ago you would have cringed at how small it was.
Betsy hope you have/had a great weekend.
Larry good job realizing you should not be out in that heat and humidity. Once again thanks for the tip on using logs in a raised bed. It is great for moisture but also cuts down on how much dirt you need.
Terra keep working at your diet and exercise. We will get there. I think working out at school is an excellent idea. Maybe someone will join you.
Mae sorry this happened. I wonder if they would have reacted differently if you were a man?
Cindy organ donation is so important. I am happy to hear that your granddaughter is doing so well. What a treasured gift.
I am going to keep reading and posting until I get back in the right mindset.
Have a peaceful day.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:22 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 320/231/200

Height: 5' 6"

Default Atkins Induction Day 31

It is a Great day today!!

My scale allowed me another 2 pound loss.

That makes 23 pounds in 31 days.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:59 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Height: 5'2"

H everyone.

Terra, good idea to work out at school while waiting for your class to start. I love salad too. That's what I have for lunch almost every day, some days with some tuna or grilled chicken in it. Some days just vegetables.

Sam, I'm glad you're going to be home this weekend. I hope you have some time to relax. I really don't have plans until Monday and then we are going to a cookout.

Betsy, I hope you enjoy your weekend. Camping in an RV is my kind of camping.

Ubee, you will get there. Your determination is half the battle. We are all in this together. It will click for you.

Larry, your success with Atkins Induction is awesome. It almost makes me want to change what I'm doing.

I had my appointment with the ortho doctor yesterday and she seems to think that the pain in my leg is from an arthritis flare-up. She gave me a prescription for a stronger painkiller and said if it gets worse or doesn't get better then I may need a cortisone shot. Tootsie, I remember you telling me this is what you had, so I'm thinking you are probably right. There is less pain now, but I'm still not really able to bend my knee when I walk, so my gait is slow and awkward lol.

My granddaughter is doing very well and may be able to go home as soon as Tuesday. We are so grateful for this opportunity for her.

I hope you all have a great day tomorrow.
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 01:40 AM   #148  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Just checking in to say that Bob is really putting pressure on me to show more improvement in things I'll have to do by myself when he's gone. Sheesh, I'm a completely different person when I'm by myself, leg spasms or no leg spasms. He's all afraid I'll fall and break something and not be able to get to the phone. Much more likely: I'll finally get caught up in my pen-&-paper orrespondences.

And my reaction to his description of what he thinks is a horrifying scenario? "Hey, that sounds like an adventure! I love adventures!"

For those of you who are being so nice as to worry about me (I laughed out loud at Betsy's notion of calling "the emergency squad") while Bob is gone, I'll give you the dates of his trip: he leaves on Friday the 29th at 0-dark-thirty and returns on June 7th in the morning. I can't promise to post every day, because I dislike boring people, but I'll try to go for at least every third day. Does that sound like a plan?

Right now the biggest problem I have is what to do with these cats who are draped all over my torso. It's one-thirty AM and that's time for Fi to go into advanced snooze mode. =clunk= That was the sound of my iPad stylus falling on the floor. (Not really. I could keep writing for quite some time, and all of y'all would go "klunk." =guffaw=)

Last edited by Fiona W; 05-23-2015 at 08:35 AM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 02:05 PM   #149  
Turning Into A New Woman

Betsy ~ Yeah I did have a busy week and Yes Sam is our role model.

Sam ~ Thanks for telling me how you've lost 100 pounds. I'll keep everything you said in mind.

Ubee ~ Yeah I was going to start a women's work out group but no*one signed up for it so I guess I'll just work out with myself at school.

Cindy ~ Thats cool that you have a salad almost every day, Thats good that you vary it by adding tuna or chicken. I love chicken salad. Yeah I think its a good idea to work out before my class starts too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Woke up at 7:45 this morning. I havent done much today but my plans are to vacuum my room,take a shower and of course work out. I've decided not to sell my grandma's barbie's. It would cost more to ship them then I would be getting by selling them so I'm not gonna sell them. I hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day Weekend.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:35 PM   #150  

Ubee Yeah I'm pretty surprised at how big the shirt was. I figured it would be a little big by looking at it but enough to wear it for a little while. I could still probably wear it but I'd rather exchange it for something I can use for a little while, like a new bra or something like that. It feels amazing to not have to shop at only plus sized stores now.

Larry So glad to hear that you're having a great day!! Your loss is incredible!! Great job!

Cindy Thanks! So far it's been pretty relaxing. I do need to get my house cleaned up and in order but those are my only major plans this weekend. I'm sorry to hear you're in so much pain and hope you get relief soon!

Fi I think you'll be fine when Bob's gone. You've always come across as a very smart and independent person and I know you know your limits. Just take things slow and steady and you'll be alright. Do check in when you can but we all understand if it's something that is not a priority right now.

Terra Anything I can do to help just let me know!

Today has been pretty relaxing. I feel like a baby just learning to walk today the way my legs are feeling from exercising yesterday. I did a cardio jam video and then followed up with some leg exercises that is supposed to help lift your butt. This is the second time I've done this regimen of leg exercises and I definitely feel the burn. Doing weights at the gym are very helpful too, but I don't feel the same burn much anymore. I've taken the summer off from the gym to work out at home and to get outside more. I personally feel like I'm seeing more results this way then going to the gym. I have been really on the fence on if I should cancel my membership or not, but at $20 a month I figure I may as well keep it just in case.

Got up this morning and made a fresh eggy bowl with veggies. DH and I have just been relaxing. We did go to the store to get more cabbage to make some home made vinegar based slaw since the small batch we made last night is gone. I've really enjoyed it and it's low in fat and cals compared to regular slaw that I like to make every so often. I just finished a late lunch while DH is napping and working on finishing up my gallon of water for the day. I'm sure today I'll be drinking over a gallon but hey I'm staying hydrated!! Supposed to get outside and go on a walk in the neighborhood when DH wakes up from his nap. The cats kept him up last night so he didn't get much sleep. I really could use a rest day but I know tomorrow my legs will be feeling even more sore than they already are. I'll just be sure to get a good stretch in before we go on this walk

Well I guess I'm going to clean up a bit while DH naps and just hang out the rest of the day. I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!!! Take care fit fam!!