Old 01-18-2015, 07:57 PM   #136  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Bllondy ~ Yeah I mute the dvd and turn up my music and follow along with Leslie

Institches ~ Yeah I usually up by 4 or 5 in the morning, I usually dont sleep past 9 a.m.

Betsy ~ I have no idea how many calories were in the hamburger dish but I'm sure it was alot of calories but I couldnt help it, I had to have seconds, It was sooo good and I'm not a second's person.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up at 6:40 this morning and My mom and I went to church at 7:30 a.m. and church started at 8:15 a.m. and we left church at 9:00 and then we came back home and picked up my brother and then we went to Jimmy's Egg and then we went to Dillions and then we came home and pick everything up and then we went to walmart and then we came home for the rest of the day. At 1:40 p.m. I went outside and walked for over an hour. Tonight I'm gonna do 20 mins of my walking dvd and then I'm gonna go to bed for the night.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 07:58 PM   #137  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

Cool Noob

Hi everyone. I'm new to these forums. I don't really know what to say, considering that I don't know anyone on here. I've never been good at talking to anyone.

I hope that everyone is doing well. I'm doing okay, I guess. Not at my worst, but not at my best. I'm at my highest weight. Somewhere around 300 pounds. I don't know for certain because I'm not sure that my scale is accurate around 300 pounds.

Last July, I tried Jamie Eason's plan on Bodybuilding.com. It's a phased attempt for people to transform. I could do many of the exercises required for phases 1 and 2. I had to modify some exercises, and trade some for easier versions. I couldn't make it through phase 3. To be honest, I didn't try. I was going to the gym 6 out of 7 days after the kids went to bed. My spouse turned into a babysitter for a couple of hours. I decided that I would put off my weight loss attempts until all the kids were in school. I lost some weight, but I was still at 275 pounds when I quit. It was discouraging.

Some things happened with my parents and siblings that caused me some emotional strife. I'm an emotional eater, so, I binged.

I found out a few years ago, that I have Vitamin B12 deficiency, hypothyroidism, sleep hypopnea, and PCOS. I'm not good at using my CPAP machine. The mask frightens me. It's been a while since I used it. I'm not good at taking my meds. I hate swallowing pills. Because of this, I've been extra tired and weak. I'm also kind of depressed. I hate feeling like this.

I know that I need to get serious about losing weight, but I have a lot of stupid excuses as to why I shouldn't start now. I love sugary rich foods, and have difficulty resisting them. I don't like fresh foods spoiling. I'm afraid to try pushing myself exercising because of injuries. (I know, makes no sense given that I'm able to weight lift.) I'm afraid of both success and failure. There are more. Those are just the main ones.

I'm starting to take baby steps. Not a breakfast eater, so I'm starting to eat breakfast again in hopes to curb hunger during the day. I'm going to try to cut down on sugary drinks. I stopped drinking sodas for a while and got back into it. Trying to drink more water. Will try Leslie Sansone's Walk At Home again.

Sorry that I'm kind of negative. That just happens to be the way that I am. Hope that this doesn't cause others to feel down. I just don't think that I can do this alone. I need support and a kick in the hiney sometimes.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:25 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

tootsieroll81 Welcome, you are making the big important step asking for help! Sounds like you are a lot like most if not all of us. I find for me, to also take small steps, helps. I love the sugary and salty snacks, so I just don't buy them. If they are in my house I will eat them. I try to not buy any junky stuff that I love. I buy my hubby lunch box snacks that I don't mind being in the kitchen. You need to put yourself on the list to take care of you. Yes it's hard, specially if you have young kids and they are use to you buying it. As far as the exercising walking is a great one. Just make time for it, they say it takes two weeks to make a habit, stick. Everyone here is great, lots of helpful and understanding people who like you really want to get healthy.

Just want to say have a Great Monday Everyone!
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:53 AM   #139  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Hello tootsie roll......Welcome to a lovely forum! All that you said in your post will be very familiar to most if not all of us on this forum. Most of us....especially us mature ladies.....have been there, seen that and eaten the T-shirt!! This is a place to be honest and no body will judge you. I tend to avoid posting when I am in a bad place....but actually that is when posting is most beneficial.

Institches and frawniemae...how you getting on?

Betsy...I had some lovely time with my daughter. We managed to get a bit of time just the 2 of us which is not always easy. My hubby can be quite jealous of the relationship that we have as he has only been with me for 4 years. Sometimes they clash and leave me in the middle trying to keep the peace. I so want her time at home to be enjoyable and it isn't always if hubby is being really negative and just plain grumpy.

Hi to everybody else!

Well I am slowly getting myself back to normal....my chest is not very happy at the moment so gentle exercise is all I can manage. I am going to see the asthma nurse on Thursday as my new inhaler doesn't seem to be quite the answer and I have had a really nasty chesty cough that sounds awful and is keeping me awake at nights.
I have another Therapy appointment tomorrow I just hope I don't have the same reaction as last week!

Have a great Monday everybody....apparently it is the most depressing day of the year today.....things can only get better!

Donna
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:09 AM   #140  
There and Back Again

Default Happy Monday

Good morning everyone. IS and MountainClimber, Thanks for the personal responses. Mountain, I hope that you feel better soon. Those coughing spells can be downright brutal. My spouse had one going on for three months. That's when he found out that he had an allergy to a tree sap native to our area. We had just moved, and those trees weren't common to our previous area.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:57 AM   #141  
Turning Into A New Woman

Tootie ~ Welcome to the 300+ Chat thread for Jan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've done alot already this morning. I've taken out the bathroom trash out of the bathroom and I've taken my bed room trash out of my bedroom and I'm waiting for it to warm up outside before I take out the BIG kitchen trash this morning. I'm also gonna clean my c-pap mask and tube this morning as well. When it warms up I also need to gather all of the bags of cans and put them closer to the gate that is by the drive way. As always I'm gonna do my morning chair exercises at 9:30 a.m. and depending on how warm is it outside I'll go for another hour or longer walk at 1:00 p.m. and then at 7:00 p.m. I'll do 20 min. of my walking dvd and those are all of my plans for today.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:09 AM   #142  
There and Back Again

Good morning Terra. You're productive today. I'm still drinking my morning cup of Joe. I'd better catch up.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:43 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 320/314/160

Height: 5'10"

Good morning all of you!

With today being MLKJr day, I only have 1 baby to watch (and he came later and is leaving early! yay!). Today may or may not be a very productive day for me..

Betsy, First of all, are congratulations in order for you as of yesterday's game? I was cheering for Packers (but missed the game) since I lived in WI for a while.. so sad they lost.. I wanted to buy a nice big cheese head to wear for the super bowl! hahahaha... Anyway, I don't usually watch sick babies.. not because I turn them away, but because the moms want to keep them home. Which, of course, I don't object. In my opinion, no matter how young the child is, the best place to be when they're sick is home with Mommy. How are the garage and home projects coming? I can't remember if I mentioned it before here but I have an "out of sight, out of mind" room in my new home already.. It makes me wonder what in the world I have packed in those tubs because I'm getting on just fine without whatever it is.. I see many, many dump runs in my future.

InStitches Hi and thanks for the personal! I just joined 3FC in November last year and have enjoyed it immensely so far. A quick background on myself: I grew up in Brazil, South America as a missionary's kid. I spent 15 years down there before moving back to the US. Best life ever, if you ask me! I've been overweight pretty much my entire life, losing and gaining many times til I reached 320. Not my greatest accomplishment in life, for sure. So, I am working on getting into a mindset of eating real food (no processed or sugary foods) and learning portion control, which is also a huge problem for me. Oh, and yes, my husband and I did just buy our very first home last month and are loving it! Lots of things to unpack still, but I'm trying to simply enjoy being here too. Unpacking will happen. Hopefully before the year has gone by!

Terra, great idea on muting the video and putting on your own music.. I'm so OCD sometimes though that I can't stand getting out of sync with her pace. Maybe if I just work at the pace of my music (which I like the really upbeat dance style when I'm cleaning or working out) then I will do just fine. I'll try it next time.

Donna, SO glad to hear you were able to enjoy some time with your daughter! It must be very frustrating to have a family member be so possessive of you though.. I can't say I know what that feels like.. the only time I've ever experienced that was when my husband and I were still dating and his step-mom referred to me as "her" for a while because he and I spent so much time together.. Oh well. I am praying for peace!! Peace is a good thing.

I'm really sorry if I missed someone. I'll come back a little later and check. I need to put little Mr. Crankypants down for a nap though. I feel weird putting him down almost as soon as he got here but that is his schedule and he doesn't handle changes to his schedule well. You all have a wonderful day!!

By the way, welcome to you, Tootsieroll. You will find a great support group here.
Bllondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 12:49 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

thanks betsy and mountain walker.

Today was a long day, I didn't sleep well last night so staying awake was hard. Then after work I went for dinner and grocery shopping with my friend.

Picked up a bunch of supplies and a small shelf unit to put together to help with the lack of storage in my apartment. We have a long weekend coming up (Thursday through Sunday) so I plan on making Beef stew, and my first attempt at potato soup.... plus maybe some more tuna casserole.

Hope all of you have a positive day
time4me2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 01:11 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all. This will be shorter than usual (many are thinking that will be a gift! ) as I spilled coffee on my wireless keyboard and the c, d, and e no longer work. So 2 finger typing this morning.

Donna--Glad you're feeling some better, but it sounds like you've got a ways to go. Do take care of yourself as this has been going on for awhile now. Blended families can definitely be a challenge. I'm so sorry your hubby is sometimes threatened by your relationship with your daughter and especially that you get put in the middle. Please do keep us updated on the lambing report--Ubee will want to have a shower for them, I'm sure (like how I volunteered you for the party planning, Ubee!).

Terra--If the dish was like my grandma's I can completely understand the seconds.

Tootsie--Hope you don't mind it being shortened. Welcome to our group. As everyone has said, we are a very supportive group and just about everyone has been -- or still is -- walking in your shoes. I am on a bi-pap machine, and I will tell you the difference in how I feel since beginning to use it is amazing. If you can adapt to using yours and taking your meds, the dieting and lifestyle changes may be easier to make.

Sue--Hope you have a great Monday as well!

Bllondy--Yes, I am a Seahawks fan, but I swear they're going to be the death of me yet. I'm glad they finally decided to show up for the game with 3 minutes left! Green Bay definitely played better the whole game and losing like that had to be devastating for the players. Two great teams and definitely one that had a lot of twists and turns. Glad you've got a light day today--I still think you're in goddess territory for agreeing to watch a sick child. Projects are slowly coming along. This is the last week of doctor's appts so should be able to make some real progress in the garage and finish that up.

Time4Me--It is so hard to just get through the day when you're tired. Hope you sleep better tonight. Sounds like you're getting stocked up and doing some cooking.

Off to the gym this morning and then a doctor's appt this afternoon. The regain weight is very, very slowly coming back off. I am determined to be in the 10 pounds off by Valentine's Day.

Ubee hope you're ok. Sam, waiting for the one-year weigh in results. Sugar, hope things are going better for you. Fi, hope that you're not having depression pain. I know I didn't hit everyone, but I'm hoping everyone has a wonderful day.

Last edited by betsy2013; 01-19-2015 at 01:13 PM.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 01:58 PM   #146  
Turning Into A New Woman

Tootsie ~ Good Afternoon Tootie, Yes I'm having a very productive day. How many cups of coffee do you have in a day? Just curious, I'm not a coffee drinker but I do have 2 Cherry Coke Zero's for caffeine so I can wake up in the mornings.

Bllondy ~ Yeah I listened to her a couple of times when I first got the dvd but now I mute her and turn up my music and follow along.

Betsy ~ Yeah I'll have to make it for dinner one of these nights and I'm sure it will be a hit with everyone

Last edited by Terra1984; 01-19-2015 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:29 PM   #147  
There and Back Again

Terra: I aim for one cup of coffee a day, sometimes, two. I find that coffee makes me crave things though, so I may be switching do decaf or quitting it completely.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:27 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 320/314/160

Height: 5'10"

Good morning!

This week I am finally back to my normal 2 kids that I babysit. I'm so thankful!! Not that I don't mind the extra finances when I watch more, and the opportunity for the kids to have more friends to play with, but I honestly don't enjoy it overall when I have extra kids to watch. I seem to be breaking up more fights and it's definitely more diapers to change (yuck), and I just don't get much down time during the day. Even naptime is busy because I'm running around trying to get my home in order (dishes and laundry, the never-ending nightmares!! ). ANYWAY, all that to just say again, I am SO thankful for having just the 2 to watch again. Yesterday afternoon and last night were so lazy for me. I didn't exercise, nor did I run any errands. Instead, I sat and watched 3 movies!! But, after a very busy week last week and a non-stop weekend.. I can't say I feel too badly about doing that.

Betsy, my husband and I are having the annual church Super Bowl party at our house this year.. and I'm having trouble deciding which team to cheer for. I don't have any connections with either, other than my pastor's sister-in-law lives in the N.E. area and is a huge Patriots fan. Honestly, I don't like American football.. I am a soccer (futebol) fan through and through. But I enjoy the energy we always have at the super bowl parties. Not to mention, it's fun having friends over and getting the competitive spirit going on during the game. We just need to find something to do during halftime. I certainly do not enjoy that part.. It's not so much about musical talent as it is the talent to sell their bodies.. Anyway, wow.. I got on my soapbox pretty fast there. May the best team win! That's where I'll leave it. And good luck on your projects! Did you ever get the pictures back from the framers?

Terra, how goes the exercising? I slacked off Sunday and yesterday. I need to get at it again tonight when the kids leave. My legs are actually a bit sore from when I worked out on Saturday! Oh well. I need to begin somewhere. I was starting to let myself become overwhelmed with the amount of weight I need to lose but I had to remind myself that becoming overwhelmed and quitting was a dumb decision.. So, I will continue to push myself. Hope all is well with you!

Ok, I need to get a move on the day.. Kids are here and it's breakfast time. Everyone have a lovely day!
Bllondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:01 AM   #149  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Hello my lovelies!
Bllondy....you are the most wonderful child minder I have ever heard of! My childminders/nurseries NEVER! took my kids with even the slightest sniffle....long may you prosper! You know how God has this habit of knowing what you need before you do? Well totally out of the blue I had an email from the Alzheimers Society. I did a charity walk for them last year and signed up to help with fundraising and organising this year. Totally forgot about it! I have been looking to "meaningful activity " as a way of helping my mental and physical health and this pops up!

I hope my religious references don't offend any body.

Betsy and Tootsieroll...CPAP/BIPAP must be really difficult! I sleep with earplugs in and that is hard enough to get used to!But as Betsy says the benefits are there if you persevere. I think my hubby has a degree of sleep apnoea and that is partly why I have encouraged a bit of exercise and healthier diet.

Ubee....how are you? No lambs yet....will keep you posted!

Fi....how are you lovely?

Shan and Mnem...how are you?

Well I had another tough Therapy session today. I know it all sounds a bit masochistic but it is really helping. My Dad took his own life when I was only 7 and because it was all wrapped up in secrets and lies I have never come to terms with it. It's very difficult to explain without writing an essay but using imagery and going through the events helps to reorganise it in my mind. I have requested an easier session next week!
Eating has been good. I bought myself an essential Costa Coffee from the garage on the way to therapy and DID NOT BUY CHOCOLATE! Small victories ladies.....small victories!!
Hope you are all well
Love n hugs
Donna
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:47 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all. Good news is it's a beautiful crystal clear morning and Mt. Rainier is a snow covered sight to behold. Bad news is clear skies mean COLD temperatures (ok, cold by our standards).

Terra -- I used to drink Diet Coke in the mornings to get my caffeine fix, too. Now I have coffee -- actually a whole pot while I do the computer thing as I refer to it in the morning. Whatever it takes to get us going!

Tootsie -- I never even thought that caffeine might lead to cravings. I think there's so much about our bodies and how we react to food that hasn't been researched yet. I think for decades doctors just assumed that the only reason people carried excess weight was because of a lack of will power. Certainly our emotional and stress eating might fall into that category, but I'm convinced that there's a lot chemically going on in our bodies to make some of us want sugar and salt (usually accompanied by lots of carbs) a whole lot more than others do. How was that for a long comment on coffee causing cravings?! My mind doth wander.

Bllondy -- I'm with Donna -- I'm in awe of your child caring efforts. On the days when you babysit, I doubt if you need to do any other exercise. When my little guys come for a visit for a couple of days, I always lose 2-3 pounds no matter what is served for meals just from the constant moving around involved with playing with them and going places. Your super bowl party sounds fun, and I agree with you about the half time "performances" as I'd much rather see some really great high school marching bands perform than the so called talent. Soccer is big here in WA, too. The Sounders call Seattle home, and I swear every kid plays soccer on the weekends starting at age 3.

Donna -- Glad that you are making so much progress with the therapy. One of the things that every doctor has said is that therapy is usually needed for people who need to lose large amounts of weight to address the underlying emotional issues. Of course, most insurance won't cover it -- they'd rather pay for the physical treatments of all the damage done to our bodies 30 years down the road. Anyway.....off my soapbox......so glad that you are getting so much from the therapy and addressing some long standing concerns. Sounds like the Alzheimers drive truly is a godsend. And no, religious references don't offend me and hopefully no one else.

Tootsie -- Hey, you get a repeat! Donna's comment about the Bipap/Cpap machines made me think again about what a difference it has made in my life. There are lots and lots of different masks and now they have nasal pillows which is what I use. Very small and unobtrusive. I went from getting up 3-4 times a night for bathroom breaks (one of the symptoms of sleep apnea) to once but that's because I'm older than dirt and no one my age sleeps through the night any more. Anyway, enough of my lauding their benefits.

Lots of little things to do today -- light vacuuming of the floors, update the calendar with appointments, send a birthday card to a friend, etc. You'll notice that I have probably managed to fill the day and again avoid doing anything about the garage!

The 5:2 diet seems to have kickstarted my dieting efforts again. Or at least it got the water weight to say adios. Maybe I'll make that 10 pounds off by Valentine's Day yet! Hope everyone has a good day. It's been quiet on here for the last few days -- hope everyone is just super busy and doesn't have something wrong. Have a great day.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote