Old 01-31-2015, 10:20 AM   #211  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Things went well with Grace last night, and I gave her an early birthday present, since her birthday falls next week. I gave her acrylic paint markers—two different sets, fine and extra-fine, by the same excellent Japanese company. I use paint markers quite often to embellish my collages, and when Grace has worked with my set, she's done a great job.

I did end up needing some more Geodon, though, so I got sleepy and wasn't very interesting company. I'm grumpy this morning, which is my -1 state. I hope that doing my Qigong exercises more frequently will help me get out of this depression soon.

I'm sorry that I'm not writing personal messages. I read all the postings and think about y'all a lot.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 12:31 PM   #212  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Smile

Good Morning Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its 11:19 a.m. here right now. I've been up since 7:30 this morning. I'm currently out of caffeinated soda so I'm still trying to wake up at 11 a.m. but oh well I guess. I hope mom and I go to both walmart and dillions today. Dillions cause I need some more Cherry Coke Zero and I want to get some Zucchini to go with dinner tonight. I'm about to do my 40 min. chair workout and then at 1:00 I'll do my 2 miles walking dvd. Then at 8 p.m. tonight I'll do my 1 mile walking dvd. I would walk outside today but its rainy and I dont like walking in the rain in order to work out. I hope everyone is having a great Saturday.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 12:49 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all. It's a beautiful morning here with wispy fog in the low areas. It always feels like I'm in some sort of dream when the fog settles like this.

Fireball -- Thanks for sharing some background with us. You are so right about getting the weight challenges addressed at this point in your life. I've been over 300 pounds since the late 80s and was in my late 30s/hitting 40 at that time. I, too, could do pretty much everything I wanted, but I'm now paying the piper. If there's something associated with being morbidly obese for an extended period of time, I'm experiencing it. I know the damage can't be reversed, but I also want to improve my quality of life going forward. Good luck!

Tootsie -- Hi back at 'ya. Hope you have a great weekend.

Terra -- I'm chuckling over your mom's loving to pop bubble wrap. I have this vision of jumping every time one of the bubbles got popped!

Donna -- So glad that you're beginning to feel so much better. If all that work you did is your idea of easing back in, I bet you move mountains when you're at 100%. I'm so glad that the asthma nurse is going to check you out -- getting to the root of this is important not only for your health but just having a good life. Enjoy the concert with your little guy.

Fi -- Glad that you had a good visit with Grace and hope that this depression pain leaves soon -- it's been a long week for you.

Can't remember if I mentioned that some friends invited themselves over to watch the Super Bowl. They have a 30 year old TV that finally conked out. As long as they were coming, I went ahead and invited a few other people. So yesterday was grocery shopping and a trip into town and today is cleaning and cooking. Not looking forward to all the work involved in getting ready, but it will be fun to watch the game with other friends.

Still struggling to get back on track and stay there. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:55 AM   #214  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Hi there everybody.

Betsy...thank you for saying that! I do sometimes wonder what I would be like if health-mental and physical- were top notch! But then I wouldn't be me!
I am feeling better and better though the steroids play havoc with my sleeping pattern. They always make me feel like I can leap tall buildings with a single bound!

I am working on introducing more fruit and veggies this week to start to refocus on weight loss. I have just over 5 months until the wedding and would love to feel more confident in my body. I know my beautiful daughter wouldn't care what I look like but I would and I want to enjoy the preparation to the event and not dread every passing week.

I am working on rebuilding relationships within my family....my brother and Aunty especially. When I first met my now husband I became very isolated from them ...in part because I was unwell mentally but also because he didn't want to share me.
Damage was done and I am endeavouring to put right what I can. I miss them so much.

I know I haven't posted much since I have been ill but I have read your posts every day and cannot tell you how much I value the friendships on here....even at this distance.
Have a great Sunday Chickens!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:54 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

STOP. Head on over to the February thread.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote