Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 11:06 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!
I am doing well. I have 2 dinners and a party over the next couple of days and plan on staying on plan. I will be accountable to you all.
Donna I like the imagery idea. I go cold turkey because just a tiny bit of sugar can send me into a vicious cycle.
shan so happy to see you checking in!!! That is awesome that you are getting compliments. They can be great motivation.
Welcome Treat!
Betsy do you have any New Years Resolutions?
Fi we are all missing you and hope you will be able to join us soon. No pressure we know you are thinking of us.
To the rest of you...get back here!
Have a peaceful day!
Old 12-30-2014, 11:36 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Brrrrrr! That says it all.

TreatYoSelf--welcome! We're a very supportive group and look forward to sharing the day-to-day challenges of changing our lives.

Shan--great to hear from you and find out that people there are being supportive as that helps so much. Anticipating vacation is so much fun.

Donna--Maturity is a wonderful thing. I wouldn't go back to a younger decade for all the money in the world......well, okay, I would if I could take what I learned along the way. It sounds so exciting for you to be looking into 2nd careers--the possibilities are endless. Check out Etsy as well for possible ideas. You're not alone in needing a few days to get back into your routine. Heck, I realized that the 2013 part of my signature was when I started and I'm still trying to get into a routine some 700 days later. Maybe I need to work on that a little more (duh!).

Ubee--2 dinners and a party. Keep track of the tools you use to stay on plan and then tell us so we can do it, too. Resolutions? I'm going to put doing what's best for me into the equation when making a decision. I'm in a lifelong rut of doing for everyone else first and then eating mindlessly to fill the void left from seldom doing either what I want or even what's good for me. Going to be a little bit of a challenge because I truly do get pleasure out of helping others. Just going to be a little more selective in the picking out who gets the help because they need it and appreciate it versus the users. Longest resolution in the history of resolutions!

Off to the gym and then home to frantically start working on the garage. I'm back to tracking my food.......now I need to limit it to what I've said I will eat. Have a wonderful day.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:18 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Good Morning!
One dinner down and another tonight. Yesterday went well but I am going to really have to be strong tonight.
Betsy I love you! Your post had me crying yesterday. It was exactly what I was trying to say. Plus my kindness had just been taken advantage of again. I did push back but alas more work needs to be done. Do you have any New Years plans? My husband and I are going out to a four course dinner. I will be strong!!! New Years day is just spent relaxing. (I hope.) I am going to try to be as close to 10 pounds down as I can.
Have a peaceful day!
Old 12-31-2014, 01:42 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Less Bbbbrrrr, but still not even close to balmy!

Ubee--I love you, too, my dear. There are several of us on here (could it be the female thing?) who give more than they get and who suffer the consequences as a result. I've also decided to throw the decision making back on the requester (unless it's something like Call an ambulance, I just ......). I'll offer an alternative that is good for me and if that doesn't work for them, then I'll say that I hope they can find someone to help them. It's not a lack of willingness to help, but I realized that finding a compromise solution is ok. Of course, some of this is tied into people complimenting us on always being willing to pitch in and help, and we might not get so many compliments. We'll be happier in other areas, but that positive reinforcement from someone else (even if we don't particularly like them!) seems to be so important. Have fun at your dinner. I'll be celebrating with Toby here at home. We'd go out, but his table manners aren't the best yet, and he hates putting on a tux!

The quote of the day at the gym got me thinking: Don't make resolutions for the year. Just meet your resolutions for that day. Good advice -- maybe I can stay on plan for more than a day or two at a time!

Happy New Year to everyone and if you're out and about, be careful out there.
Old 12-31-2014, 01:54 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone!

Didn't get to post as often as I thought I would while on vacation. I'm home now and taking a day to rest up before I hit back at the gym hard tomorrow. I gained a few pounds while on vacation because of carbs so I won't meet the 10 lb goal but I'm already ready to get back in the gym...I've actually missed it. I am also going to hopefully try a boot camp class next week and maybe sign up if I like it.

I'll post later about my trip. I'm staying in tonight and DH has to work at the comedy shop so I'll be home alone with the babes. We treated ourselves to a Wii U for xmas so I will be enjoying that.

Happy New Year everyone!!! Here's to a great 2015!!
Old 12-31-2014, 03:15 PM   #186  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ I'm not sure why my back was hurting

Betsy ~ Yeah my back isnt hurting anymore, I'm glad my mom is feeling better also

Julia & TreatYoSelf ~ Welcome to the forum and 300+ Chat thread for Dec.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 9 a.m. this morning, Its now 2:08 p.m. I ate lunch a few hours ago, I wont eat again until 4 or 5 this evening. I'm about to do my 30 min walk dvd and then I'll do my 40 min. evening chair exercises at 7 p.m. tonight. I hope everyone is having a good New Years Eve...By the way what is everyone doing for New Years Eve? Scott and I are having non alcohol wine and light cheese and crackers while waiting for the ball to drop tonight.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:04 AM   #187  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

S-T-O-P!!!! Join us in the January thread - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-...ry-2015-a.html
Closed Thread