Old 05-27-2014, 12:25 AM   #121  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Exellent! So, how does it work? Do we just set a goal and weigh in on a scheduled day during the weeks listed? (My typical weigh ins are Fridays)
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:18 AM   #122  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

LOST - Great loss this week hun ... well done I won't worry about the docs .. if its still sore tomorrow will see how it is at work and go see one .. but its a lot better today so far

STEPH - Thanks Feeling better now

SILENT - Well done hun .. nice and steady .. do you think your new plan is working now that you have settled into it or are you still tweaking it?

BETSY - Yep .. thats a 9 month pic ... and other than a few days of exercise it was all down to the food choices really over the 9 months Feeling lots better today .. think my body just really wanted a day off lol. One thing I find helpful when i reach one of those plateaus is to find something else to look at as better than before .. it definitely helps keep me motivated

WATCH - Look at you hunny you are looking GORGEOUS!! Definitely suit dresses .. so envy of your arms lol .. they look lovely in that dress .. actually .. I think I just got one similar to that for next summer lol .. almost got the size that would fit me now before I remembered that Im not going to be this size next summer lol. Good loss still even with TOM .. any loss is a good one

WANNA - Gonna start calling you the queen of whoosh lol .. another great loss for you this week and definitely back on track again Thanks hun for the compliment I am definitely feeling better .. scary to think of how I was a year ago.

FERA - Welcome on in hun .. any time is a good time to jump in .. my challenges tend to roll over into a new one so its never too late to join in Just copy the weigh in chart that everyone else is posting .. pop in your info (start and goal etc) and then just come back at least once a week to weigh in so we can all oooh and ahhhh or oops with you Remember to make your goal realistic for the amount of weeks we have left in this round .. but enough of a challenge to push you Also would be great to see you popping in more than once a week .. we are here to support the good and the bad to help and if wanted advise if you have an issue or a question Look forward to seeing you on the board

Feeling sooooo much better today .. have managed to cut most of the nail off so it won't catch on things and pull it more to reduce the chance of bleeding and my arm is feeling a lot better .. as long as I don't bend it quickly lol ..

Finally got to the docs to get my blood test redone (which the doc wanted at the end of the April lol) so now I can tick that off And then I went into town to the GYM!! Yep .. I actually walked through the door and chatted to a trainer who took me through how the vibra-fit works ... the sessions are 10-15 minutes and I did enjoy it .. but I kept asking are you sure this is enough cos I didn't feel like I was doing all that much lol .. and then I got on the treadmill for 15 min cos she said not to do much more after the Vibra ... Felt great until I got off the treadmill .. then I realised what I had been getting my legs to do lol ... and steps down were a little shaky when I left too .. but I just felt so great .. and even better .. Im going back on Thursday for my first Pilates class .. and then my first full training session with a trainer. AND .. we had to do a start point thingy weighing in and measuring etc .. so BP is great .. and my weight is DOWN!! I definitely like their scales lol .. and my fat is now 49.9%!!! Really I am happy about that cos last time I got measured I was like 63% so yay! They will recheck in 6 weeks

So home again, stopped for a Tank juice (that is one of those fresh juice stands in case you didn't know what I was talking about ... with extra protein shot and vitamin) which was lovely and am now just waiting for the kitchen to heat up so we can get dinner ready .. tonight for me its Minted Pea soup and hunny is getting Mushroom soup .. with a little bit of breadstick to dunk lol .... for a treat we have a mini custard pie with lite cream ... so yeah .. feeling very happy tonight .. even though the temps have dropped lol .. but it was a lovely fine day which just made it all the more better for a day off
Nightkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:34 AM   #123  
Trying again

I am sooo wishy washy lol .. 8pm and Im baking! Was going to do it today but was just too tired and not inspired .. so instead we have a lovely dinner (soup!) and while I was getting dessert ready I just wanted to bake something lol .. so fudge brownies are in the oven .. and I have almost 2 dozen butter cupcakes with berry/apple in ready to go into the oven ... dont worry .. taking it all to work tomorrow (other than what my hunny nicks off with lol) to treat our customers Well .. as long as they taste ok .. that is why I dont mind hunny nicking a few "tasters" lol Time for Matlock reruns while I am waiting for them to finish
Old 05-27-2014, 11:54 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone!!

I was out of town all weekend -- with no cell/internet service - it was fabulous!

Weigh in for me:
START WEIGHT: 343.00(5/5)
GOAL WEIGHT: 298.00
TOTAL TO LOSE: 45.00
ACHIEVED: 8.0
CURRENT WEIGHT: 335.00

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 337.2 (5/12)
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 332.6 (5/18)
Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: 335.0 (5/24) booo

Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01:
Week 05 - JUN 02 - JUN 08:
Week 06 - JUN 09 - JUN 15:
Week 07 - JUN 16 - JUN 22:
Week 08 - JUN 23 - JUN 29:
Week 09 - JUN 30 - JUL 06:
Week 10 - JUL 07 - JUL 13:
Week 11 - JUL 14 - JUL 20:
Week 12 - JUL 21 - JUL 27:
Week 13 - JUL 28 - AUG 03:
Week 14 - AUG 04 - AUG 10:
Week 15 - AUG 11 - AUG 17:
Week 16 - AUG 18 - AUG 24:
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:

Had a few issues going on between using Atkins bars and then foods prepped on our away trip by family members had ingredients different than what we were told -- but that's ok, back to it today. And that will be G.O.N.E.!

Kat - wow! amazing pics girlie!!! Great job for you! And YES can defintley tell a difference!

I'll try to catch up soon - super crazy last week of the month work week for me - always long hours and crazy amounts of work to finish.

Last edited by Ali06; 05-27-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Ali06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:05 PM   #125  
~*Mandy*~

Alright! I'll start when I weigh in this Friday.

Daily weighing can be too stressful with the constant ups and downs and WHY AM I NOT LOSING, so I basically hide my scale and bring it out on Fridays. Leaving off the weeks I've missed, gives me pretty much 3 months exactly. My goal is to be out of the 300s. (should be about 24 pounds) Let's see how I do.

I'll highlight my losses in green, my gains in red, and my "did not weighs" in purple.

Start Weight: 323.0
Goal Weight: 299!
Loss goal: 24 pounds

Week 04 - MAY 30:
Week 05 - JUNE 6: (out of town)
Week 06 - JUNE 13:
Week 07 - JUNE 20:
Week 08 - JUNE 27:
Week 09 - JULY 4:
Week 10 - JULY 11:
Week 11 - JULY 18:
Week 12 - JULY 25:
Week 13 - AUGUST 1:
Week 14 - AUGUST 8:
Week 15 - AUGUST 15:
Week 16 - AUGUST 22:
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUGUST 29:

Last edited by FeraFilia; 05-28-2014 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:05 PM   #126  
Trying again

ALI - Isn't it lovely when you have no net or phone!! I admit that the first day Im a little lost lol .. but after that I love it! We went on holiday a few years back now up North for a couple of weeks ... and while we weren't in the middle of nowhere (decent sized city really lol) we left the computers at home and only had the phones on if we weren't with each other so we could find a meeting point when we had finished doing what we wanted .. not that we went our own ways much .. and I loved it!! Hmmm ... makes me want to do that again soon .. last holiday away was then .. omg .. just realised that was like 2009!!! Yeah .. need a holiday lol. As for your weigh in ... well .. it happens .. and beside that I am sure that it was a great weekend for you with family etc and you will get rid of it again in no time

FERA - I look forward to your colourful posts Im with you on the daily .. I used to do that but just found it more stressful .. but Im not good enough to leave it for the entire week ... so halfway through I check how I am doing (usually a Tuesday) so that I know what to expect on Friday when I do my weekly weigh in .. I used to do Mondays for my last challenges, but decided that I am starting to get more social on the weekends so want that little bit of leeway to recover if I make a few wrong choices lol. But will look forward to seeing you posting and I think you have chosen a realistic goal too Will be watching for your arrival in Two-Town

So here we are another day .. Wednesday in NZ .. and I am just getting more and more stunned by how the time is flying!!! Already nearing the end of May and I honestly don't feel like I have done anything this month lol .. other than working Got up early this morning so I had time for a shower as well as getting the baking ready to come to work .. had to ice the cupcakes with a really thin layer of chocolate icing .. .only because I wasn't happy with the flavour of the cakes.. the berry really didn't come through as I was hoping .. but thats ok ... will research that a bit more and do more trials of that one ... I am using my basic butter cake (dairy free though lol) recipe and just seeing what other flavours I can create out of it easily). ... really need to start typing up these recipes I have been noting down as Im trialling them for my book .. supposed to send it away in a couple of weeks for my initial print up and I haven't even started typing it lol .. was going to add photos, but have decided not to .. instead I want to put in the calorie and dietary information which I think is a little more important for this one

Arm feeling a lot better today .. almost went to the gym this morning but this time I am heeding my trainer and letting my body recover today and then will head back in tomorrow .. body feeling pretty good about yesterday though so all good ... oh and she also said I will now need to up my protein .. which will be hard for me cos Im not a big protein eater .. but can always invest in some of those protein bars if push comes to shove

Right .. I have already run out of free wifi time .. the guys at Starbucks like me though so they gave me another coupon for a little longer so I can post this lol ... will catch up with everyone tonight and hope you are all doing well ...
Old 05-27-2014, 05:19 PM   #127  
~*Mandy*~

Well... I went ahead and got a start weight. 323 on the dot today... So we'll see what Friday brings! (I want to start with a green or a red... hopefully a green. :P)

Today is the last day I have to budget my calories to fit in a piece of horribly calorie laden cake I made for my husband's graduation. I cut it into 15 pieces, and used MyFitnessPal to figure out the calories in my recipe... over 500 for one piece! Makes it hard to budget the day when you have to save 500 for dessert lol.

I find having dessert tells my appetite that food for the day is done, so typically I have an ice cream sandwich at 150-160 cals... not so hard to budget for, but 500... I won't miss it! (okay, maybe I will because it's delicious, but STILL...)
Old 05-27-2014, 07:48 PM   #128  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

FeraFilia - I started at 323 this challenge too! We're scale buddies! Of course being 4 inches taller than me you are obviously more svelte and skinny than me! Let's do it, lets get to 299!
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:48 PM   #129  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

Thanks for the compliments! But I definitely have loose skin under my arms. I've just become an expert at how to position my arms so that it doesn't show so much. I'm hoping with weight lifting that I've been doing and time it will get better. But I still wear sleeveless shirts, or tanks. I've spent way too much of my life hiding inside my body to do it anymore when I've worked so hard for this body.
watchoutforthatcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:32 PM   #130  
~*Mandy*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostbutstilltrying View Post
FeraFilia - I started at 323 this challenge too! We're scale buddies! Of course being 4 inches taller than me you are obviously more svelte and skinny than me! Let's do it, lets get to 299!

LOL. Probably the only time I'll *ever* hear that.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:03 PM   #131  
~*Mandy*~

Forgot to hide my scale after yesterday's 'start' weigh in... and this morning was reminded how obsessed I am with seeing even small amounts of progress when I couldn't resist stepping on. If the scale is out, I step on it every*single*time I'm in the bathroom, most times before and after using the potty. Mostly I'm just curious about the fluctuations during the day, and before I go to bed at night, I can usually take off 3 pounds and know what my morning weight will be.

Trying to decide if I need to hide my scale, or if weighing daily will be more likely to keep me on track than stress me out... I remember it being stressful when I wasn't losing, but I also remember it being helpful when I was. DECISIONS...

(Btw, scale said 321.8 this morning)
Old 05-28-2014, 01:17 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Kat - I will always be tweaking I don't 'have a plan'. I'm trying to make smarter choices on a more regular basis that will take the following things into consideration:

Provide necessary Nutrients
Limit Blood Sugar Spikes
And not promote weight gain
Allow me to still enjoy food as pleasure, I am honest and I can find enjoyment even in a celery stick I'm a foodie, there's no point in pretending i'm not.
Allow me to still enjoy a rich social life.

Those are my priorities decision making. I do my best to balance all those things listed in order of priorities when deciding what to eat.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:19 PM   #133  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Hey Katt.. you will have to let us know when the book is done and I THINK you deserve a holiday! I know you just started this job.. but maybe you can set up a holiday when you make another goal in this weight loss journey! I hope that arm and the swelling goes down and your poor nail... ouch.. Have you stopped having attacks too?... I have said a prayer!

Easily.. you are a GREAT Cheerleader! I love it! Thank you for my cheer.. and I will take it even tho the woosh was that extra water from the 3 family birthdays and my bad behavior! LOL

Watchout... I missed your post - I don't know how I missed that 2nd shot of you in that dress.. but you do look Yowza!

Hey Silent... This journey we are on.. is a lifer for us all.. as we will need to learn how to eat for our body type for "ever" and know what makes us gain and lose and know when we can treat outselves.. or I have a feeling we will burn out.. so GOOD for YOU!

Ali.. This weeks uptick is just for this week.. I bet you anything it will have wooshed away and taken some of its neighbors with those found lbs next weigh in! I betcha!

Fera..... oooohhhh It is SO hard to stay away from that reward scale (does yours have a name? Mine is Whoppie.. sometimes good sometimes not! LOL) When we are losing it is just so good to have a number showing us that our hard work is paying off!

Lostbut... Well you are anything but lost! Your journey is going darn well

Betsy - I remember you from the over 50's and losing it thread! I am happy to see and glad to be on this journey and this challenge with you! (I turned 56 3 weeks ago oh Yuck 60 is coming FAST Darn it!)

I feel lighter tonight and when I weighed before my 3 mile walk I was only .6 oz over my morning weight..I usually lose 1 - 2 lbs overnight so heres X (fingers crossed and the belief in my head!)

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 05-28-2014 at 09:29 PM.
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:59 AM   #134  
Trying again

Hi everyone ... well I went back to the gym today ... for not just my 30 minute session with my new trainer .. but also a 45 minute Pilates class!!! Im a little sore now though lol .. but my trainer has booked me in for a sauna in my lunch break tomorrow to help recover .. then Im booked in with her on Tuesday and Pilates Thursday .. not gonna have the 2 on the same day again until I have built up a lot more fitness lol .. she did let me know that my weight may go up a little while my body adjusts so am now bracing myself for that lol .. but I really enjoyed it and she was very pleased with how well I did .. apparently Im a thinker for exercise .. in other words I analyse the positioning before I actually do the exercise to ensure I am doing it right lol .. oh and I used one of those big balls today for the first time ... was a little scary because I was always worried I would pop one of the darn things lol .. but I even used it to balance on while doing bench presses instead of lying on a bench! So yeah ... little stiff and tender now .. but will be worth it Im sure .. and the more I do it .. the easier it will be

Right .. off to spend some time with my hunny ... had a lovely dinner tonight .. made home-made Fish & Chips for my hunny ... while I had fish .. instead of chips I made a stir fry with grated Beetroot, Carrot, also Broccoli, Cauliflower, Onion, Courgette, Sugar Peas ... sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, pine nuts, a few cashews and almonds ... with a couple of teaspoons of parmesan powder and cottage cheese So filling!!

Hugs all
Old 05-29-2014, 11:43 AM   #135  
~*Mandy*~

Easily Amused - The cake was a butter pecan poke cake. 1/15th of the cake was 550 calories, and so delicious you'd think the angels brought it down from heaven... probably because there's a tub of frosting mixed into the cake itself, and then holes poked across the top and a can of sweetened condensed milk + 2tbsp butter is poured in the holes to soak into the cake... then topped with whipped cream and chopped pecans... HEAVEN. I usually make it when there will be lots of guests so I don't have much left over lol. Re: Daily weighing - it keeps me on track, mostly, when it's not bouncing all over the place because of a high-sodium dinner or TOM.

Katt- Good job getting it done at the gym!!! Don't be surprised by the bump in weight at first, sore muscles are usually retaining water, and that's all it is... A couple years ago when I started lifting I had a 3 pound bounce that hung out for a week! Then it whooshed away and took some with it.

Skip (Sue?) My scale doesn't really have a name unless "hooker" counts... Because that's what I say when I don't agree with it... Of course, that's also what I call my husband when he's annoying me (as husbands are prone to doing ha!)... MIL doesn't approve of her son, who is about an inch away from ordained ministry, being called a hooker... Found that out this past weekend. Oops. If the rain doesn't go away, turn on the music and march in place. Make it a dance! That's what I do because it's a million degrees outside

And now I really need to go exercise, because I'm supposed to have that done before hubby gets back from getting the oil changed in my car! I'm suddenly very into step aerobics. Who knew?