Old 06-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Fera -- Great job on the trip. Sounds like you've definitely figured out the what to eat part of road trips.

Wanna -- You're being way too kind to me. I don't think I get any browning points for kindness here as I was irritated that I needed to do it. I think I remember my mom telling me that doing something nice had to be for the right reasons........and the reasons were all selfish. But I appreciate the thought it led to for you.

Finally beginning to see some day where I'm staying on plan. It's been literally months since I've strung them together. We'll see what the scale says in the morning when I weigh in.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:42 PM   #197  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Sue - I don't write... I read. A LOT. I could probably write a book blog to go along with my food blog... But that feels too much like doing book reports. They were the most hated of projects back in school. A new book is my reward for hitting the 10 pound marks, I got one at 320, I'll get a new one at 310.

I'm so blah the last couple of days. No clue why. I've managed to drag myself out to do some kind of walk, be it outside or on the treadmill, but mostly I just want to lay in bed and sleep. I wonder if the lack of sleep from traveling is finally hitting me? I did live on caffeine for most of that trip.

Gonna try something new for dinner. A combination of different recipes that I like, so we'll see!
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:04 PM   #198  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Morning everyone .. got up late and forgot to weigh myself before I ate .. so will do that in the morning and hope that yesterdays UP will be down and I will at least be where I was last week .. on the plus side .. even though I don't start work for another 4 hours (I think) instead of staying home lazing on the couch watching something stupid .. or reading lol ... I got up, got dressed and got hunny to drop me at starbucks with my little trolley case .. which I have packed with my gym gear!! Yep .. Im off to the gym at about 9-930 to get a good LONG walk in on the treadmill, before chilling in the sauna and then heading to work for the rest of the day ... will have built up an appetite for dinner I think by then lol ... its my 3 month review this afternoon at work .. little nervous. In NZ we have a 90 day trial .. if both sides are happy at the end of it .. I keep my job .. if one side isn't .. I could lose in .. Im happy .. so just hope they are happy with my performance too.

FERA - That is fantastic!! Isn't it funny how we think of some things we do with trepidation regarding how it will effect our results .. when they turn out to be a really positive thing after all Pays to keep thinking positive I think. And I LOVE your reward system .. what sort of books to do you read?? Do you have a fave author or series?? It is possible the travelling is catching up with you .. I know I was great for a day or two before it hit me .. mind you .. I had been on the go for 10 weeks, numerous flights, countries and time zones lol .. but yeah .. it just hit me and I was exhausted .. it was like my body was in relax mode back at home .. and definitely living on coffee isn't a good thing cos when you stop living on it .. your body can finally relax properly. Hopefully it will pass once you get back into your usual routine .. Im heading for the treadmill soon ... oh and I do have one at home .. I have set it up on one of our spare rooms that has a computer in it .. and I play tv shows or movies depending on how long I am planning to walk so that I have something to do while Im walking .. it makes the walk seem shorter .. especially when its one of my crime shows lol. What sort of mix of recipes are you planning for dinner?

WANNA - Yeah .. I think it was the carb overload .. I used to be a carb nut and had headaches and migraines often ... going without for so long I didn't realise that I wasn't getting the severe ones any more until this last week when I had gone and had a carb/choc overload binge ... TOM headaches are a different kettle of fish and I could have put it down to that if it hadn't been so severe. And on a positive note ... NOPE .. no gall attacks for the last 2-3 weeks .. so very happy about that Would rather the headache than one of those for sure lol.

BETSY - I think I think the same way you do. I do get told Im nice for helping blah blah blah ... lol .. but I look on it that when I do do something for others I feel good about it/myself .. so really .. Im doing it to make me feel good .. so Im being selfish after all lol .. I know its not really thought of in that way .. but I hate being told Im doing something nice for others lol .. and I still think its great that you do it .. I know it makes your day easier when someone else can do something right so you don't have to go back and correct it or do it ... but really it makes the person you are teaching feel special for not only the knowledge but the fact that someone has taken the time to show them ... and Im sure your scales will be nice to you too

Right .. time for coffee and to watch the world walking past .. I must say its a great start to my day to be able to do that
Nightkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #199  
~*Mandy*~

I *love* paranormal/sci-fi romances. They are my guilty pleasure (only not so guilty). Some of my favorites... let's see...

Sherrilyn Kenyon (Dark/Dream/Were- hunter and The League series)
Kresley Cole (Immortals After Dark series - currently reading Lothaire)
Karrelyn Sparks (sp?) - (Love at Stake series - more a vampire comedy)
Lynsay Sands (Argeneau series - also sort of comedic)
Laurell K Hamilton (Both Anita Blake and Merry Gentry series)
Brenda Joyce (Masters of Time series)
Karen Marie Moning (Highlander and Fever series)
Diana Gabaldon (The Outlander Series)

I would love to start on the Black Dagger Brotherhood as well, but I've read mixed reviews.

Dinner is going to be an edit of a recipe my husband really loves (smoked sausage with onions, sweet potatoes and white potatoes) only I'm going to substitute in ground beef instead of smoked sausage (because of the sodium) and I'm going to add green peppers and a grill sauce that I like a lot. Maybe toss in some cheese. We shall see.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:01 PM   #200  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
Ali Good for you and that loss WOOHOO!
and
Watchout... I am watching!!! OOOOO I will run alittle faster to try and catch up to you (if I can - but you are running to Onderland too!) I am thrilled with excitement for you!!!

Katt... Shoot for the Migraines. shooot... I hope that you figure out what causes it.... But still no Gallbladder attacks lately?? I hope??!!!

Betsy.. very very nice of you to teach and help people (Computer) Shoot.. you tell me what I should know.. that we are here to help each other out. Thank you for the reminder and how nice YOU are!
Onderland is such an achievement! Like, I've never been there before...not that I can even remember. You're not far behind me at all! We can (and will) do this!
watchoutforthatcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:04 PM   #201  
Getting smaller everyday

Hope you guys aren't sick of seeing pictures. Here is one from today:

I have a very SHOCKING before picture but I think I'm going to save it til I'm at goal. It really put things into perspective though.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:24 AM   #202  
Trying again

WATCH - Wow .. you are such a babe!!! Love love love seeing your pics .. and I look forward to seeing where you started too Fab hun totally
Old 06-13-2014, 08:36 AM   #203  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Oh my gosh Watch! You are a Babe as Nightkatt says!.. You look so HAPPY in that picture and that joy inside of you just makes the shell even better!

Fera... I too liked the Fantasy's/ and I love Ghost stories... but I started back when the Lord of the Rings was first published in a paperback LOL 1972 I loved that book and I also read the 1st Romance Novel (not Barbara Gartland) but back in the 70's they started the Romances .. ah...
My Fantasy/Sci Fi type... Like Authors - Anne McCaffrey, Nancy Springer, Piers Anthony, Raymond Feist, Dennis McKiernan, Roger Zelasny, Robert Jordan (sad he died before finishing the "Wheel" series),. I love dragons too and if I could see into the nether regions of my book shelf I would say more LOL I was a voracious reader when I was younger.. usually 2 books a week and things like Clive Cusser (old stuff) would fly in my eyes.. But to have a gift of a book every time you lose 10 lbs! That is a WONDERFUL reward... Your mind and heart gets enjoyment and not the body! LOL Too good!

Happy FULL MOON FRIDAY to you all!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:55 PM   #204  
~*Mandy*~

Ugh. Still blah and tired. But not quite as much? Whatever fog got into my brain is finally starting to lift a bit. I was so blah last night that I completely fudged dinner and didn't make what I'd planned. Tonight I'll make the sausage and potatoes I was trying to avoid. And tomorrow night I've gotta figure out something yummy to do with chicken boobies. I'm considering just tossing them in the crock pot and topping them with barbecue sauce, cheese and crispy onions. (one of my favorite chicken dishes!)
Old 06-13-2014, 01:11 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

How come it comes off so much more slowly than it goes on. Got off 3 of the 4+ pounds I gained the week before. Still think I can make my goal!

START WEIGHT: 347.8
GOAL WEIGHT: 316
TOTAL TO LOSE: 31.8
ACHIEVED: 11.8

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 347.8 (START)
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 335.8 (-12.0 -- BIG whoosh!)
Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: 336.0 (+0.2)
Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01: 334.4 (-1.6)
Week 05 - JUN 02 - JUN 08: 339.2 (+4.8)
Week 06 - JUN 09 - JUN 15: 336.0 (-3.2)
Week 07 - JUN 16 - JUN 22:
Week 08 - JUN 23 - JUN 29:
Week 09 - JUN 30 - JUL 06:
Week 10 - JUL 07 - JUL 13:
Week 11 - JUL 14 - JUL 20:
Week 12 - JUL 21 - JUL 27:
Week 13 - JUL 28 - AUG 03:
Week 14 - AUG 04 - AUG 10:
Week 15 - AUG 11 - AUG 17:
Week 16 - AUG 18 - AUG 24:
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:

Watch -- Double ditto on being a babe! What an inspiration for all of us!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:19 PM   #206  
~*Mandy*~

Start Weight: 323.0
Goal Weight: 299!
Loss goal: 24 pounds

Week 04 - MAY 30: 319.6 (-3.4)
Week 05 - JUNE 3: 317.6 (-2.0)
Week 06 - JUNE 13:313.6 (-4.0)

Week 07 - JUNE 20:
Week 08 - JUNE 27:
Week 09 - JULY 4:
Week 10 - JULY 11:
Week 11 - JULY 18:
Week 12 - JULY 25:
Week 13 - AUGUST 1:
Week 14 - AUGUST 8:
Week 15 - AUGUST 15:
Week 16 - AUGUST 22:
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUGUST 29:

Total lost: 9.4

Pounds to go: 14.6
Old 06-13-2014, 05:24 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 355.6/see ticker/199.9

Height: 5'5"

I will be back later to post more. I have a headache, but wanted to get my stats updated.

START WEIGHT: 330.4
GOAL WEIGHT: 305.4
TOTAL TO LOSE: 25
ACHIEVED: 13.8

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 328.4 (-2.0 lbs.)
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 326.0 (-2.4 lbs.)
Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: 322.6 (-3.4 lbs.)
Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01: 322.0 (-0.6 lbs.)
Week 05 - JUN 02 - JUN 08: 321.0 (-1.0 lbs.) - week before TOM
Week 06 - JUN 09 - JUN 15: 316.6 (-4.4 lbs.)
Week 07 - JUN 16 - JUN 22:
Week 08 - JUN 23 - JUN 29:
Week 09 - JUN 30 - JUL 06:
Week 10 - JUL 07 - JUL 13:
Week 11 - JUL 14 - JUL 20:
Week 12 - JUL 21 - JUL 27:
Week 13 - JUL 28 - AUG 03:
Week 14 - AUG 04 - AUG 10:
Week 15 - AUG 11 - AUG 17:
Week 16 - AUG 18 - AUG 24:
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:
StephanieAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:18 PM   #208  
Getting smaller everyday

Thanks, Katt! I enjoy seeing your pics too.

Wanna - Thank you so much! You're absolutely right. This is the best I've felt in actual years. Weight loss changes you inside and out.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:27 PM   #209  
~*Mandy*~

Must...

get...

up...

and...

move!

Ugh. I have no desire to move at all. My allergies are kicking my butt and that means I shouldn't be outside... and I can't let myself get out of breath or I'll start coughing a bunch. I'm feeling pretty sluggish today as well (I'm drinking a cup of coffee hoping that will help) and all I want to do is snack on the salty foods. I'm pretty sure that means TOM is coming. *sigh* TOM isn't supposed to be here for another week.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:39 AM   #210  
Trying again

Hi everyone .. well I was up a pound this week .. so ignoring the weigh in lol .. will get it right next week Still .. 1 pound is a lot less than I expected so am happy with that

Soooo has anyone got any plans this week? I have a few days planned (which is unusual for me lol)...
Monday - Gym first thing .. hopefully the blisters won't pop, but will do my best to hit another 5km Then its off to work for the rest of the day
Tuesday - Day off - baking day!! Refining my Cheesecake Cupcake recipe again .. not sure how low cal I can get it .. but its definitely going to be gluten free and can do it dairy free too .. ummm .. if I don't put the topping on lol.
Wednesday - Full day of work .. then out to dinner with hunny, a lovely friend who is down on holiday for a couple of weeks, and a buddy who I call my big brother
Thursday - OFF! lol . haven't planned anything yet .. but might book my trainer for the afternoon
Friday - Same as Monday

Really going to try to get to the gym 3 times this week

I had a lovely day at work yesterday and then zipped home, had a shower, dinner .. then into a dress and nice boots/stockings etc for a photo shoot with my hunny ... Im not fond of doing these when I have to do my own hair & makeup ... but have seen some of the shots and they aren't too bad lol .. even did a swimsuit shot or two ... will see if Im willing share any of them lol.

Right .. determined to have an early night .. although Im not sure why .. I can't seem to sleep more than 6 hours lately .. very frustrating! Need to pack my gym gear etc before I go to bed so its all ready to go in the morning

Hugs all