Old 05-07-2014, 03:36 AM   #31  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Okee ... sorry been AWOL .. will catch up first

WANNA - Wow .. great start hun .. I can tell you whooshing isn't on holiday

WATCH - Even with TOM as a visitor you had a great loss .. not a common thing (with me anyway lol) .. so great going

SILENT - Im a little confused by your weigh in .. but Im happy to see you here and posting and hope you are warming up where you are now?

WANNA - Apologies for not posting a big HB to you on time ... Im one of those awful people that doesn't forget ... I just don't remember at the right time ... its usually I remember a week before and think "Oh, Kates birthday is next week I need to remember to give her a ring" then before I know it 2 weeks have passed and I remembered that I forgot the darn thing! Mind you I tend to avoid my own birthday cos its rarely a good experience for me. But I am glad it ended up being a lovely time for you .. not sure about the Margaritas .. i think I would be more a few shots of tequila lol .. or sambucca And it sounded like the perfect day for you too Hugs

UBEE - I want to add that I love seeing you on the boards ... you keep me thinking and Im usually smiling when I read your words

EASILY - Glad your health is getting back on track and you are feeling so positive And Im sure the odd off plan moment won't affect what you are doing too much .. remember its got to be a life plan and something you will be happy to stick to or play with for life to keep you where you want to be ... so cutting things out that you enjoy is definitely not something you should do otherwise it will just keep calling to you and you will overdo lol

So how is everyone doing today? Sorry I have been away but got a bit busy at work and home so not online much. Was going to be spending today at home but had a surprise instead, my daughter and grandkids came down for the day so we went out to the beach for a coffee and a nice walk along it .. then we went to the mall and had a Frozen Yoghurt at a new place that had just opened up there .. so lovely I got some clothes for the kids and a few little cars for my grandson and a baby in a pram for my granddaughter ... plus some CDs for my daughter for when she drives .. oh and a few DVDs for the kids to watch this winter ... don't often get the chance to treat them and I missed my lil mans birthday at the beginning of last month so this was a belated nice day ... then we came back to my place and got out of the cold weather (which had started) for a few hours colouring in and playing with the toys and cuddling .. so lovely day

Just had dinner which was a lovely meal made by my hunny ... my first little bit of steak in months (cos Im not really into eating red meat) with a heap of vegetables ... but with TOM I have been a little run down so hunny thought a little bit of lean steak would be a good thing ... Lets just say I loved the vegetables .. and the dogs got a nice treat after I ate enough of it lol ..

Back to work tomorrow .. then Friday I need to get baking for work on Saturday cos its a grand opening for the new name and ownership of the outlet mall that I help out in .. so Im going to make some Lemon & Coconut cupcakes ... and maybe some pancake muffins ... or some chocolate cupcakes .. will decide on the day lol .. then they go to work with me on Saturday for the Mothers Day shoppers

Don't know what my weight will be this week .. Ive been all over the place so will be happy with a pound down if anything ... especially with TOM around
Nightkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:31 AM   #32  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Thank you Ubee! I too love reading of people's lives and their interesting things they do and say (and feel inside! )

Thank you Dogpal, NightKatt and Easily for the wishes ... Finishing up the Birthday finally - tonight with my Parents (now its present time! and PIZZA time.. 1st time in a year for a real pizza and I choose - Chicago THIN style!.. ) that is why I am not weighing in until Sunday! OH don't you know it! LOL But then its BACK TO WORK tomorrow... This 160 lbs I am in the middle of losing... well.. it is not as fast I had hoped.. but then... I am not perfect and that is okay. I still am way lighter than I was this time last year and more than 1/2 to my goal ! and that is the best Birthday present ever!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 05-07-2014 at 07:34 AM.
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:03 PM   #33  
Trying again

WANNA - Sounds like a wonderful way to spend your birthday week for sure And while it may not be as fast as you would prefer .. keep in mind it didn't take a year to put the weight on .. it won't take a year to get it off .. and the slower the better in the long run as it then has a better chance of it staying off (not to mention giving your body the chance to adjust at a steady rate rather than a roller coaster flash flood of whoosh lol )

Morning off for me ... but might go and visit a friend before work .. have to make my hunnys lunch and drop it off on my way ... then a quick stop at the supermarket on the way home (need coconut & lemon ... and whatever I decide is going to be the other cupcake whatever I need for that one lol)

Have a good day all!
Old 05-08-2014, 10:49 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Katt - Not sure whats confusing I gained weight, so I am negative three pounds away from my goal , which means I need to lose 28 to get to my goal it doesn't CHANGE my goal its simplse math... the amoutn of weight I have LOST is negative

294-297 = negative 3.

If I had lost weight the number would be positive....
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:29 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Silent thanks for explaining that! My little brain could not figure it out either.
Wana how did your pizza taste? I hate it becaue some things taste better and some are like yuck after you take a break from them.
Katt that was quite the splurge with your family. Do they were grandma spoils me t-shirts? Glad you all had such a good time!
Easily Amused so happy you are seeing a positive change in your health and scale!!!
I am really noticing the change in my attitude when I can get outside and walk. This past winter traumatized me. My latest trick is I walk to the other end of town (1 mile) and buy a lottery ticket. It motivates me to walk because "What if today is my lucky day!" It is only a dollar and I am so worth a dollar a day. Besides, WHAT IF I WIN! Whatever it takes...
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:15 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! Love the idea of this challenge! I'm all for challenges lol

Ok so I think I'm doing this correctly - please correct me if not I have been doing daily weigh in's so I have my starting weight on 5/5.

START WEIGHT: 343.00(5/5)
GOAL WEIGHT: 298.00
TOTAL TO LOSE: 45.00
ACHIEVED: 3.2
CURRENT WEIGHT: 339.8

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11:
5/5 343.00; 5/6 341.6; 5/7 341.0; 5/8 340.6; 5/9 339.8; 5/10 ; 5/11
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18:
Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25:
Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01:
Week 05 - JUN 02 - JUN 08:
Week 06 - JUN 09 - JUN 15:
Week 07 - JUN 16 - JUN 22:
Week 08 - JUN 23 - JUN 29:
Week 09 - JUN 30 - JUL 06:
Week 10 - JUL 07 - JUL 13:
Week 11 - JUL 14 - JUL 20:
Week 12 - JUL 21 - JUL 27:
Week 13 - JUL 28 - AUG 03:
Week 14 - AUG 04 - AUG 10:
Week 15 - AUG 11 - AUG 17:
Week 16 - AUG 18 - AUG 24:
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:
Ali06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:50 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 355.6/see ticker/199.9

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I have been reading, but waiting until today to check-in. I'm down 2 lbs. this week. I've got a rough couple of weeks coming up because my husband & I are having a small wedding ceremony (for our family here in the US to see as we were married in New Zealand) next weekend. So there will be lots of treats and eating out while we have people visiting from out of town. But I will stick to my plan and not over-indulge.

So I have been very busy (and STRESSED) getting ready for that.

Watchoutforthatcar: Congrats on your loss!
Ubee: Glad you decided to join and thank you for your sweet comment.
wannaskipandlaugh: Happy (belated) Birthday! I am so glad you had such a fabulous time with a new friend to share it with you.
Easily Amused: Congrats on your loss! That's great. Totally jealous of your fitness monitor - I have been wanting to buy one and may have to budget for it soon.
Nightkatt: Hope you had a great morning off and a lovely visit with your friend. How are things going?
silentartic: Glad to see you here! Hopefully next week will hold a big loss for you.
Ali06: Hi and welcome!

Hope everyone has a fantastic week. Keep up the GREAT work.

START WEIGHT: 330.4
GOAL WEIGHT: 305.4
TOTAL TO LOSE: 25
ACHIEVED: 2.0

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 328.4 (-2.0 lbs.)
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:
StephanieAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:26 AM   #38  
Trying again

Hi everyone .. I no longer know what day it is lol .. My Thursday morning was quite nice catching up around the house, didnt end up having time to go visit my friend in her crystal shop cos I had to pick up and drop off some things with work too .. was busy at work in the afternoon ... then I was up late reading and thinking thats ok ... I have tomorrow (Friday) off so will be able to nap if I get tired ... NOPE! Instead on Friday (after going to sleep at 1am) I got up just after 6am and started my day .. had breakfast and then saw my hubby off to work then started on the baking ... 3 dozen cupcakes later and another dozen baking I get a phone call from work to ask me to come in lol .. sure! So finished that batch, turned everything off and went in to work .. got home about 6pm, helped cooked dinner, iced the cupcakes, packed them up, then finally relaxed before heading off to work today yet again in my PJs .. but it ended nicely with dinner out with friends

Oh and the cupcakes all went to work to give away to our customers .. I still have just over a dozen left to give away tomorrow .. but hunny is hoping that I will bring a few of the Lemon/Coconut ones home lol ... (the other ones were Chocolate/Peanut)

So weigh in ... well I didnt recover completely from end of the last challenge .. but closer And the doc is happier with me losing between .5-1 pound

START WEIGHT: 246.3
GOAL WEIGHT: 220
TOTAL TO LOSE: 26.3
ACHIEVED: - 1.6 pounds

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 244.7 (-1.6)
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:

ALI - Welcome on board Lovely to have you here ... for your weigh in we just need one of the weights Choose a day of the week and post just that one

The losses are doing well for most so far if not everyone .. so great job ...

Sorry need to go to nap lol .. been a very long couple of days and I have another full day for the next 4 before I (think I) have another day off ... never know at the moment lol ..
Old 05-10-2014, 10:57 AM   #39  

katt. Omg I couldn't have made those cupcakes lol. I woulda ate them all!! lol sweets is still my weakness. Abstinence is the best policy for me lol

And thanks for the info on posting weights. I'll use the last day of the week...I'm doing daily weigh ins for other challenges right now.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:44 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

I'm in. I'll be weighing on Friday mornings because I got in the habit of doing that last year when I was buddying up with a friend. Might not post a lot and will just use the edit.......just want something to keep me more "honest" than I've been for the last few months. Thanks for getting this started.

START WEIGHT: 347.8
GOAL WEIGHT: 316
TOTAL TO LOSE: 31.8
ACHIEVED:

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 347.8 (START)
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Ali & Betsy so glad to se you joining us!
Stephanie overindulge in fun . Have a great time!
Easily do you know how far 10,000 steps is? Google is my friend. 5 miles wow!
Wana 1/2 way to goal is a fab gift.
Katt is there any chance you know how to make those cupcakes with almond or coconut flour?
Group question if you care to answer. How many of you have been overweight your whole life? I have.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:02 AM   #42  
Trying again

UBEE - I have been starting to change most of my recipes to either dairy free or gluten free .. Im loving using Almond Meal .. its a little more pricey but its got the most incredible texture ... Now that I have the lemon flavour right I will start playing with the other ingredients - mainly the sugar & the flour used .. already make them dairy free ... Im leaning a little more towards the lemon flour .. I do us rice flour as well but prefer the texture and taste of the Almond range lol.
I was quite small as a child, it wasn't until I was about 9 that the weight started piling on. My mother signed me up for WW when I was 12 ... I was bulimic at about 16/17 .. and even now its a thought I do battle after I have a binge instead of just accepting what I have done and try to work out the triggers. But I don't remember what it was like to be small .. so my only memories are of being a big girl, bigger than my friends and family .. although my brother is big too.

Betsy welcome on in and no problem if you don't want to post .. I will try to remember to keep checking back on your post to see your updates so I can keep the records up to date and know you are still around .. but please pop up occasionally just to let us know you are doing ok

TO ALL MOTHERS - HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!! Hope you have a lovely day

Had a busy day at work yesterday .. in my PJs lol .. a quick change and out to a lovely Mothers Day dinner (day before but that is fine lol) ... I had a wonderful meal .. probably the biggest and most indulgent meal I have had since my wedding day last December lol .. and I enjoyed every mouthful ... started with a small bowl of cream of pumpkin soup (I didn't have the bread though), then I had seared chicken breast (lol .. nothing unusual then lol) with carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and a few pieces of roasted potato ... and then I had a bread & butter pudding!! OMG so nice lol .. but I didn't have the cream or custard with the pudding, just a small scoop of the hand churned vanilla bean ice cream. Oh and I had 2 glasses of wine!! Yep .. definitely a calorie blow out I think .. but will make it up over the week .. besides I was on the go all day moving boxes, picking up clothes to rehang etc and didn't stop all day ... and I was on the go most of today too .. so I think I have worn off a bit of that meal lol

Just going to relax for the evening now .. full day on my own at work tomorrow so no breaks again .. and then an extra early start on Tuesday because there is a shop change around to get done .. full day Wednesday .. and apparently I have Thurs & Fri off ... but as that tends to change I will just wait and see lol ..

Catch up later peeps
Old 05-11-2014, 10:55 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

So much for not posting!

Ubee, I was tall and thin right up until I left for college. I was very active, went to a high school that was 6 stories tall if you counted the sub basements where the girls' PE was held, and we went up and down the stairs to class. In college, I gained the requisite Freshman 20. And once I got married and was doing the cooking......and quickly realized that perhaps I hadn't made the best marriage partner choice in the world, I started gaining weight. I lost about a hundred pounds in my early 30s and kept it off for 5 years. But I was still 60-70 pounds heavier than in high school. And then it just went to **** in a handbasket. I've been over 300 pounds now since 1990. I honestly think that getting below 300 will be as big a milestone for me as anything else on this journey.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:08 PM   #44  

Ubee...I've been overweight mist my life. As a kid I was always bigger but not by much.,funny thing is I remember that then I thought I was a whale!! If only I knew lol in high school I weighed about 180 but am tall thick and strong. People never believed I weighed what I did.. was a size 12. Then when I got a desk job I started putting on some weight....lost it, got pregnant, lost that weighed staying around 190. Then also had a realization that I had a bad partner.... from then on it was like someone stuck an air hose up my tale lol Lost some about 10 trs ago, was just over 300lbs, got down to 250 met my now husband, after we got married I put on weight again back up over 300 for last 6 years.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #45  

START WEIGHT: 343.00(5/5)
GOAL WEIGHT: 298.00
TOTAL TO LOSE: 45.00
ACHIEVED: 5.8
CURRENT WEIGHT: 337.2

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 337.2