Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

Wheezy - I strongly recommend Richard Simmons, Sweatin to the Oldies 2 and Chris Powells level 1

Chris Powells is a lot of floor exercise, and can get you sweatin. I did it with a bummed knee.

Richard is, well... craziness.

Actually, when I lost 75 + pounds in six months, I started out with simply 30 minute stretch dvd by Tamilee Webb (spelling). Her stretch dvd for beginners is awesome. I increased to RS and then threw in Leslie Sansone (sp). Oh!

Leslie Sansone is also great! Walking a mile while doing low impact, aerobic moves.

This week has been kind of bad. We've had ice-cream twice this week. One day we went to DQ and once to Baskin Robins. I am not proud of that.... My fiance and I are both skipping exercise too which is bad. We plan on restarting though, well, once my foot heals. I now stepped wrong and if I put too much weight on it, I can barely walk. Yay me.

Last edited by ShyHeather; 08-15-2013 at 12:35 PM. Reason: forgot to add my week
Old 08-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 390/390/199

Height: 5'8

The scale says that I gained two lbs over night. I know that can't be right since I tracked my calories yesterday. I must be retaining water.

Betsy- I wish I had a green thumb, but I don't like dirt or bugs!

Wheezy- I say look for walk away the pounds. It's boring to me sometimes, but if I listen to some music and mute the tv then I am able to get through it. I have a hard time when I try to work out with a DVD it's too easy to quit and not do it.

Heather- I hope your foot heals soon!
Old 08-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

I decided to follow my own advice and found my Richard Simmons TAPES (yes, I still have a VCR available). Anyway, in spite of going to the gym, walking, and doing yoga (how do I get anything else done!), I was able to get through about 5 minutes and thought I was going to die. I obviously have to work on building up the cardio again. So, Wheezy, I'd say that you'd get a good workout from any of the dance style tapes.

If you never see another post from me it's because I've been swallowed by the over abundance of zucchini or else I'm trapped in the vines from the winter squash or the pumpkins.

My first free day in two weeks......and I'm going to do something different. Unfortunately, different is defined as laundry. And catching up on the bookkeeping. And weeding the garden. Oh well, still beats working any day of the week.

Have a good one.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #64  
Moving one day at a time

S/C/G: 450/399/160

Height: 5'2"

yeah, I looked up walking away the pounds and it totally seems doable. zumba was okay but I got bored pretty quickly with it, plus I haven't done it since probably 20 lbs ago. I did fat people zumba anyways. I'm going to try this walking away the pounds thing, and maybe attempt to find some time to go to the gym, although I only have one week of "summer vacation" (aka the two weeks in between summer semester and fall semester, hah) left. tomorrow Sean is taking me to Buffalo to go school clothes shopping since that's the only Torrid around and I want to see if I'm able to go down a size before I buy a crap ton of clothes. we're going to go out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (never been before!) and see the movie The To-Do List, which for whatever reason doesn't play down here in good ol' Corning NY.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Hi all. Thanks for the comments about the new car.

My participation here is a bit spotty, I know and I haven't been good about responding to posts. I'm sorry about that. I have been reading them.

I'm all up in my own head right now. Hubby had some blood work a couple of weeks ago and, well, there are some problems. It's been rolling around in the back of my mind. I don't want to go into detail. He went in for a follow up today and he's got a long row to hoe. I didn't realize it is bad as it is. I think I knew but I denied it. Well, there's no more denial. He has to make some fairly significant changes in his life or, well, things will get very much bad.

It's all up to him at this point. All I can do is support whatever decisions he makes.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

Garnet - Sending prayers for your husband and you as well!!!
Old 08-17-2013, 11:09 AM   #67  

Wheezypi -- Sounds like a great day/evening planned. Hope your new clothing size makes you really happy -- it's always fun to get new clothes.

Garnet -- Thanks for sharing the info, but so sorry that you and your husband are going through this right now. Obviously, we'll be thinking of you both and hoping for the best. And on those days when you need a friend, we'll all be right here.

Today is produce share day at our local co-op. So, I'm waiting on that to come in to see what's in the share this time. Between that and what's coming out of my garden now, I'll have plenty of fresh veggies for a good, long time. I'm really trying to incorporate more of the veggies on my plate and less of the "other stuff."

I'm also going to try to get back into my exercise routine. I finally made the connection between feeling better/more positive when I exercise and thus am able to stay on plan. Probably a DUH moment for some of you, but the connection hadn't really occurred to me until this morning when I realized that I feel so much more in control after having gone to the gym yesterday.

Have a good weekend.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #68  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Garnet All the best to your husband. I'm sure your progress will inspire him to make the changes he needs to.

I have exercised 6 full days in a row!!! So great to claim that after all the down time. Weight isn't budging but until after I get home from vacation, I'm not really worrying.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #69  

Hey everyone. I'm super annoyed with the scale today. I've been working out and tracking my calories. But, yet I only saw a one lb loss. I'm really frustrated with that! This week the scale has been having wild up and down swings. Last Sunday, I was 304. On Tuesday, I was 302. On Wednesday I was back to 304, Thursday 306, Friday and Saturday back down to 302. Now, today back to 303. My body has to be holding onto water or something to have swings like that. So, I'm annoyed!

Garnet, I hope you and your husband will be able to have peace with his decision.

Jane- Way to go on the six days in a row! That is awesome!

Betsy- How do you like the co-op? I've been thinking of joining one.

Wheezy- Have you tried Walk Away the pounds yet?

pjvw- Your ticker says you are soooo close to 70lbs lost. You are doing so great!
Old 08-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #70  

Jane -- A round of applause is in order for doing 6 days in a row of exercise. It does make such a difference and once your routine gets settled again, the weight will continue its downward movement.

Workinghard -- I think I have whip lash from your weight loss journey this week. Isn't it irritating when weight goes up and down that way with no discernible reason! I like our Co-op -- both for the natural food selection, the availability of a produce share of organic fruits and veggies, and for the comedy it provides. I'm on the Board and serve as the Treasurer. It's small as Co-ops go, and we struggle constantly just to keep going. After having worked in a large corporation most of my career in various management positions, working in a co-op is completely eye opening. There are a lot of great people there and several who obviously smoked (and continue to do so) way too much stuff in the 60s. But like I said, in addition to healthy food choices, it provides an endless supply of comedy. If you're wondering about whether or not you like it, you might see what their membership requirements are -- most co-ops have a membership fee, and either a requirement to pay an annual due or else to "volunteer" for a set number of hours each year. Our co-op is open to the public and we also sponsor a community garden where people can grow their own in raised bed plots.

I've been struggling a LOT lately with not only not staying on plan, but just wildly binging. So, I'm going to fix up a big bag of veggie crudités, open up a bottle of Walden Farm honey mustard dressing, and allow that as a "free" food for when I'm getting the chips/candy/ice cream/chocolate/who knows what else cravings. Got to get this sugar out of my body as it seems to be the root cause of a vicious cycle.

Off to fold the laundry, take a walk, get cleaned up, and figure out what to do with the rest of the day. Have a good one.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

Jane - way to go on the 6 consecutive days!!! you are doing great!!!

Working - I am sorry the scale is being so rude... LOL... it really needs to make up its mind to go DOWN... ... I know... so close to 70... and I get so disappointed when I get up in the mornings and it says the same old thing... but I guess that is better than going up...

Betsy - I really wished we had a co-op around here. I would love to volunteer or even pay a fee... I guess no one ever thought about it... I don't know really.. ... and I hate it when I have cravings like that... I have been doing well as of late... I did have a brownie yesterday but counted it and went on... still stayed under my calorie goal for the day...

Today... I dressed up for church and afterwards went to Subway... Yum!!! I always buy a footlong so that I can have lunch for tomorrow... so YUM two days in a row... Later today I will walk... ... and enjoy the cooler temps here in Texas...... YAY!!!

Hope everyone has a beautiful POP Sunday!!!
Old 08-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Thank you for the support and well wishes.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #73  
Moving one day at a time

S/C/G: 450/399/160

Height: 5'2"

Working - Nope, walked around the Galleria Mall in Buffalo yesterday and took it easy today, tired from that 3 hour drive home. Tomorrow I'm starting my exercise back up and I'll be continuing to do that video every day until school begins 8/26. Even after that I plan on getting in formal exercise every few days, I'm just going to be absolutely jam packed this semester
Old 08-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #74  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I just got back from a lovely tea party bridal shower for a friend. She even used my china tea cups!! Unfortunately my bf had chest pains bad enough to go to the ER, so that's where we're sitting now. It's most likely just his hernia, but they want to be sure.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #75  

Jane- How is your BF? Feeling better I hope!
Closed Thread