Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #61  
Moving one day at a time

S/C/G: 450/399/160

Height: 5'2"

TMI warning:

thanks to depo provera storing in your fat cells, I've had my TOTM on and off since February; by on and off I mean I'll have maybe a week off or a few days off here and there. I'm surprised I'm even able to lose anything at all they need to have a warning if you're even a bit overweight you shouldn't take depo. it can take years for it to fully get out of your system if you're as heavy as I was/am.

it's so hot today. I'm keeping cool in my A/C's spread throughout the house but I live on the second floor. plus we're in the process of moving. I need another vacation
Old 07-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #62  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

IMHO Depo is dangerous at any weight. Every girl I've talked to that's been on it has had issues of some sort.

I'm so grouchy today. Thanks hormones!
Old 07-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #63  
Moving one day at a time

yeah. it's dangerous alright. my first and last shot was august of 2011. it's still in my system. i'd like to have a kid before i'm 30. -_-
Old 07-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheezypi View Post
TMI warning:thanks to depo provera storing in your fat cells, I've had my TOTM on and off since February; by on and off I mean I'll have maybe a week off or a few days off here and there. I'm surprised I'm even able to lose anything at all they need to have a warning if you're even a bit overweight you shouldn't take depo. it can take years for it to fully get out of your system if you're as heavy as I was/am.
I totally agree with you Wheezypi. I took depo for about a year and I fully believe that it is a huge part of the reason I got as big as I am. I started steady gaining while taking it and once I got started I couldn't seem to stop. Everything I tried to lose weight up until now has not worked. I don't know what the change is this time other than truly incorporating daily exercise (at least an hour of walking on most days). I was at one point even considering lap-band but that did not work out with the insurance.

Anyway, they should definitely put a flashing light warning on it for weight gain (or in my case extreme weight gain).
Old 07-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 353/340/299 (for now)

Height: 5'5"

Wheezypi - I took 2 shots of Depo and goodness, the stories I could tell you. Aside from the gain of 20lbs, I was a raving, emotional wreck who suddenly started experiencing panic and anxiety attacks. I was suppose to have a 3rd shot but I just couldn't do it. I started doing research on natural alternatives which helped tremendously both with my original issues as well as detoxing it from my body.

Last edited by Dreamgyrl; 07-15-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:33 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

I feel so lucky! I'm not saying that in a mean or sarcastic way; I mean it in a grateful way. I've been on depo for 13 years and I've not had a single bad side effect. The only thing that has happened for me is that my periods stopped completely. This was life changing for me as my periods were so bad that I generally missed 3 or 4 days of work a month. I was in serious jeopardy of losing my job. I had horrible cramps, extreme heavy bleeding, headaches, nausea and diarrhea. Not to mention a monthly emotional roller coaster that made people around me consider locking me up in a padded room for a week or so. It was awful. For me, depo has been a miracle drug.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Just read all the posts about Depo and realized that I'm so glad I am not dealing with that any more -- and what an extra challenge you all face every month with the emotional ups and downs, etc. I'm obviously older, but other than going through menopause, this side of life is ssssoooooo much better at least where that is concerned.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #68  
Starting over sucks.

It's nice to hear that it's worked for someone, Garnet!

I got so big I stopped getting my period except for a few times a year, and I never really had the hormonal symptoms when I did get it. Now I'm like clockwork, and I'm a textbook case of all the physical and emotional symptoms. Not sure I needed THAT back!

I've lost two pounds of the sodium gain from the weekend, hoping that TOM will be merciful and let me lose the other two.

Last edited by Radiojane; 07-16-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

I hates, hates, HATES TOM, I does. He's a right <insert profanity of choice here>. I am so glad I don't have to deal with that while I'm trying to lose weight.

Radiojane, it wasn't uncommon for me to gain as much as 8 or 9 pounds when TOM came to visit. I bloated up like a dead critter in the sun. Felt like one too.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #70  
Moving one day at a time

Dream, what did you use to detox it from your body? I would KILL (probably my poor hubby at this point who gets the brunt of my hormonal attacks, lol) to have normal periods again (
Old 07-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheezypi View Post
Dream, what did you use to detox it from your body? I would KILL (probably my poor hubby at this point who gets the brunt of my hormonal attacks, lol) to have normal periods again (
I started green juicing, dranked lots of water with lemon & pink Himalaya salt and took a tablespoon of black strap molasses daily (I mixed it in my coffee). I also cut out meat and dairy. I did all this for about 1.5 months although you suppose to go for 3.

ETA: I still eat very little meat and dairy and I do think that has helped me tremendously. My periods are still like clockwork and aside from one day of PMS craziness (cravings, irritable, etc.) I feel great.

Last edited by Dreamgyrl; 07-19-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:56 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 335/335/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey there...just wanted to post a little something in here before I go to bed...I got sone really helpfull advice and support yesterday and i had a better today because of it...I hope to continue with this...and want to get to know all y'all for support and to give support too...have a good night
Old 07-17-2013, 01:06 AM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesfull View Post
Hey there...just wanted to post a little something in here before I go to bed...I got sone really helpfull advice and support yesterday and i had a better today because of it...I hope to continue with this...and want to get to know all y'all for support and to give support too...have a good night
*hugs* Glad you are doing better.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Morning all. Hope the TOM bullies have been put in their place!

Jane -- can't remember if it was in this thread or not, but wondered what the decision was on how you liked your new perm. Hope that once you got all the mousse washed out that you were pleased with it.

Hopesfull -- Glad the support helped.

Yesterday was a "go to town" day. I bought two flats of berries and came home and made sugar free freezer jam -- it's delicious and I don't feel guilty about having some on my toast occasionally as a treat. My BIL is diabetic so he enjoys it as well. As long as I'm trying to change my eating habits, I decided about a month ago to actually put myself on a budget. I had gotten in the habit of buying things on line which, of course, is heavily into instant gratification. So, I'm on a strict budget and track everything in a spreadsheet and immediately take it out of my checking account (on paper at least) even if I used a credit card. Man, this has been almost as eye opening as when I tracked a week of eating before I started dieting. Obviously, my personality is heavily into excess everything!

Today is yoga day -- at home. And I need to take my walk, and and and. For being retired, I manage to fill up each day. Have a good one.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #75  
Starting over sucks.

Hopefull Glad to hear you're doing well. You've got this!

Betsey I'm getting used to it. I'm not great with styling it and I don't like where it falls down, so I pin it up a lot. Some days I love it, some days it's the worst decision I ever made!

Lost the rest of the water weight and got down to just under a pound below my Friday weigh in. This only leaves me 2.5 above my last low, which I think might have been a fluke weight. Anway, I feel like I'm actually losing again, and I'm dreading vacation and this weekend because I don't want to halt progress. I can plan to the nth degree, but I know I want a Caribou frappucino pretty badly!

On the spur, I invited my two youngest nephews over for dinner with their parents last night, the oldest one being out with his bio dad. Because we knew that the 3 year old would be lonely at home with his big brother gone, I let him stay and sleep over, thinking he'd be conked out by nine and I could drop him off in the morning. My god. The little bugger didn't pass out until well after midnight,and woke me up at dawn!! I'm sooooo tired!
Closed Thread