Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #31  

Height: 5'7"

not much going on in my neck of the woods. Just praying for a pretty weekend to get outside and do some more yard work. Im also hoping to walk outdoors again today. I am starting off slow with my walking. I am out of shape and my knee sure let me know it!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #32  
the muse of memory

betsy - how lovely that you're allowed to go back to the gym. I would hate to have to track sodium, though, that makes staying on play all the harder.

Jane - MY freezer has loads of freezer burned things, but no pork chops. I need to clean it out, but I hate throwing things away. I suppose I need to commit to using some of the tomato sauces and whatnot I've frozen in the past. I always forget about them and then they accumulate.

Also, hahah. Awesome that you pulled up their music. Yeah, I was a huge fan back in the 90s/early 2000s. I was talking to an old friend about the concert and he was all: I remember when I heard the announcement about Version 2.0. I was listening to the radio on my WALKMAN. Ahem.

Here is a less-than-one minute video I took of them doing Supervixen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATWN9U5K8pk

I lucked out with a really view of the stage (especially since I am SHORT), at the railing overlooking the pit. It was brilliant.

Devon - heee. AWww, I really like Justin Timberlake, too. He's always so charming when he hosts SNL. Pitchfork (an indie rock review web magazine?) gave his latest album a 9/10, which they rarely do. Going to the concert will be a GREAT motivation. I really, I had so much fun at this one, now I have to go to more.

ALSO: BRILLIANT on the exercise. Keep going but remember to take care of yourself while you are doing it. I'm rooting you on, for sure!

sandy - your concert sounds like great fun. I think it's not just the weight loss, but ALSO the walking this winter that made it easier for me. Will you guys be able to take lawn chairs/picnic stuff to your outdoor concert? That might make it nicer, too. I <i>also</i> like Miranda Lambert, though I'm not as familiar with the other folks.

dgramie - I think we are forecast to be mid-60s tomorrow and sunny, and in the 70s early next week. So hopefully you will get your lovely weekend. I need one too! But I will also be working and need to clean the house. Oh, priorities. I think I'll prioritize outdoor work.

My folks come home from Belgium/the Netherlands Sunday evening and I think I'll go to their house and have dinner ready for them when they get home. Dad said that they have had bad weather (in the low 40s and windy and gray), but he had a "classic tourist lunch" that he enjoyed.

Here's to a great weekend, everyone!
Old 04-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #33  
the muse of memory

Oh, PS - based on this morning's weigh-in, my BMI is now under 40. I have gone from a BMI of 63.5 to a BMI of 39.8.

I don't usually delve into the smileys, but this is me right now:

Old 04-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #34  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Mnemosyne That is an awesome view! Lucky! and way to go on the BMI, that's a huge jump!

Still no budge. Stupid scale.

My nephew is coming for a sleepover this weekend. His older brother has a different father, and occasionally goes there for overnights, and Xander really gets lonely and feels left out, so whenever Aiden has a sleepover with his dad, I try to take Xander for the night. I bought a little tent that I set up in the living room, and he and my boyfriend will sit and watch Phineus and Ferb for hours and hours. I wish the weather was nicer. I'd like to take him outside, but this weekend it doesn't look like it will happen.

Last edited by Radiojane; 04-05-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 390/390/199

Height: 5'8

mnemosyne- that is so awesome on your BMI way to go!

everyone else- Sorry for not all personalize post, I'm behind and need to catch. I hope you all are doing marvelous.

My daily weigh in, shows me a pound down from yesterday's. TOM should be arriving soon, so I expect the scale to go up or stop moving. But, a few days after TOM arrives, I will get a pleasant surprise when it drops. I have had a rough week with routines. I have completely gotten out of my normal routine, and it shows. My house is dirty, and things are all out of whack. So, this weekend I will be cleaning and working and trying to get myself back into my routine. I need to improve on menu planning. It's really a struggle for me. I can't seem to come up with any ideas for quick healthy meals when it's time for me to get ready to shop. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemosyne View Post
Oh, PS - based on this morning's weigh-in, my BMI is now under 40. I have gone from a BMI of 63.5 to a BMI of 39.8.

I don't usually delve into the smileys, but this is me right now:

I usually just lurk around here because I'm not good at the personal posts like everyone does but I couldn't just read and walk on by with this one...

OMG congrats, mnemosyne!!!!! You have done amazing and I'm so happy for you!!!!

And since I love and am obsessed with smilies in posts, these are all for you and your continued success!!!

Old 04-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #37  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

mnem -- His album is amazing. I've been listening to nothing but. I've only been to a handful of concerts but they're so much fun. I'm sure they would be even more fun if I were at a comfortable weight enough to enjoy myself.

And I'm always careful! I know that working out is half of what makes up weight loss and it's not going to help me any if I injure myself. I make sure to drink plenty of water (which I hate but oh well) and I never over exert myself. I don't even think my body knows how to over exert itself. haha

And omg, way to go on the BMI! That is such an accomplishment. You are seriously rocking this whole weightloss thing and you're such an inspiration.

Radiojane -- Too bad about the weather but the tent inside is such a cute and creative idea!

workinghard -- Same here. Not all my meals are considered healthy just because of prices and unfortunately convenience. I watch portion size on that. I get as many healthy things as I can though. Swapping out lunches for more healthy options and snacks. But I really need to better my meal planning all together. skinnytaste.com has a lot of interesting and healthy recipes!

Last edited by watchoutforthatcar; 04-05-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #38  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Do y'all ever feel like you're not making progress? I mean...obviously the weight is coming off due to clothes being bigger, going down in sizes, and the scale. But can you tell? Whenever I started losing weight at first and I got to where I'm at now people were like 'omg, you've lost a lot of weight'. And yeah, I know that I have because the scale tells me and I have to do more shopping but when I look in the mirror I can't tell at all. I'm scared I'm going to be one of those people that get down to 199 and still see this big fat blob in the mirror.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #39  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Watchoutforthatcar Our brains play tricks on us. I feel this way A LOT.

Some people say that taking a photo and cutting your head off of it is a good way to make your brain acknowledge your changes. It's like we have a mental picture of what we are, and nothing can change that. It's why so many never realize how big they get.

I struggle because I never felt I was as big as I was. I feel the same appearance wise as I did 100 pounds ago. I'm shocked when I see pictures of how big I was, because I didn't see it.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 327/314.5

mnem: OMG...You rock!!! Way to go!!!! Awesomeness!!!

radiojane: I hate all pics of myself...but I am starting to take them so I can watch the progress.

elvislover: Don't feel you have to do individual posts to each person. I just started here and am doing it some days and then not others. It is a way for me to learn who everyone is.

Tonight's dinner is 2 alarm chicken chili that to me is like 5 alarm...glad I didn't put the whole packet of cyan pepper in....phew...
Old 04-06-2013, 01:22 AM   #41  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

THANKS for all the good thoughts of encouragement and prayers from everyone -- I really appreciate it. There are several (about a dozen) different side effects to the chemo; some are not that pleasant but bearable. Most are on the mild side, so I am happy about that. It seems that I am a bit of a rebel of sorts -- most people lose weight on chemo, so far I have steadily gained and am holding onto a lot of water (swelling), which will come off later on, I'm sure.

The next 2 days are an important turning point. We are praying for lower temperatures and mild side effects during this time -- after which the body tries to rejuvenate itself. Yay ...

Quote:
OMG...You rock!!! Way to go!!!! Awesomeness!!!
MEM ~ I thought that was just so cute, so I will ditto that as well!!!

Hope you all have an AWESOME weekend ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-06-2013 at 01:24 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:34 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 405 / 298 / 150

Height: 5'4"

Justwant - You are amazing. Throughout everything, you always seem to be able to keep high spirits and optimism and I just admire you so much! You're always in my thoughts and prayers and I hope these next 2 important days go well for you.

sandy - Ohhh, I know how that is! I am a complete wimp when it comes to spice and even "mild" can turn out to be too much for my taste buds and stomach to handle. Hopefully dinner was still edible at least!

watchout - I want to echo what radiojane said. I've felt this way many times. It's still difficult for me to see any progress in the mirror. It's easier when I look at pictures and do side-by-side comparisons. I think we have to train our brains. We're so used to seeing the same thing in the mirror that it's sometimes hard to register any change.

mnemosyne - Woohoo!! Congratulations!!

I haven't been by in a few days because it's just been so busy at work. I've been proud that I've kept up with my exercise routine even while working extra hours. I've got a friend at work who helps keep me on target. We go for a mid-day walk every day for 30-45 minutes and that little break has become such a treat! I don't even see it as exercise anymore, just a nice chance to get outside and chat with a friend. I actually look forward to it.

The scale is finally moving again after being stuck in the 340's for what seemed like forever. I lost 3 lbs this week!
Old 04-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #43  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchoutforthatcar View Post
... but when I look in the mirror I can't tell at all. I'm scared I'm going to be one of those people that get down to 199 and still see this big fat blob in the mirror.
I have been having issues with this. Of course in dance class there are full length mirrors over one whole wall, so unless the class is really full and I am in the way back I can see myself. Recently I have been looking at myself and feeling as big as I ever have been. It is an eerie feeling because I know I am a lot smaller but my brain doesn't translate it. Pictures are better. In fact, I have often seen pictures of myself and been shocked at how different I look. Mostly over my lifetime this has been the shock of "omg, when did I get that big?" but it goes the other way too.

Mnem - that is amazing regarding your bmi!

I managed to have a weird one day bug on Thursday, but luckily it came and went very fast. Unfortunately it meant I missed my bellydance class for the week, but oh well. It is hard to dance when your nose is running like crazy. Otherwise things have been good. Now I just need to figure out what to do with myself this weekend.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #44  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies.. Sorry I have not been around for a couple of days. My husband has been off and I always find it hard to get on here when he's home because he's always asking what I'm doing and wants to do stuff. lol. I need to just tell him to bug off for a little bit and let me have my privacy. Not sure why I don't like him in here when I'm on here. Who knows..
I hope you guys are all doing great. I don't have time to read up on everyone I have to work in a little bit, but I hope your all doing good and I'm going to try and come on in the am and catch up.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #45  

Height: 5'7"

great couple of days here, its sunny and warm! I got to play in the dirt and that always makes me sooooooooooooooo happy! I planted pansies today!!
Saw a new low on the scales...239! woohoo
Closed Thread