Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #121  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies.. I took a day off. I hope everyone is doing well. I have yet to start you know what, but I feel better. I kinda eased up on the calorie counting and just gave myself a break. I was so happy I did that. I feel better now and ready to go. I do have to say though I feel like I'm getting a little cold. So I hope I can nip that in the bud soon. Hope you ladies have a great Tuesday. Oh and I'm still at 272 so no gaining. yay.. Now I want to lose some more and get into the 260s.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 291/281/187

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone!

As i'm sitting in the office working (clearly i'm just on 3fc) I am getting this craving for something sweet. Actually just a little something something of anything. Is it okay to snack between breakfast and lunch? And what would be a good healthy snack I can eat from my desk?
Old 04-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #123  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

I'm still here...just lurking mostly. Attempted lifting weights this week. It's been going good. I do them at home and I don't do a lot, just a few sets of things.

Glad to see everyone is doing okay in here.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #124  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssarinker View Post
Hello everyone!

As i'm sitting in the office working (clearly i'm just on 3fc) I am getting this craving for something sweet. Actually just a little something something of anything. Is it okay to snack between breakfast and lunch? And what would be a good healthy snack I can eat from my desk?
I keep almonds on my desk for snacking. If I'm craving something sweet, I head down the hall to the grocery and grab blueberries.

I am getting mighty tired of seeing the same numbers on my scale every day. This stall is annoying. I did get two hours of pool time in yesterday, and I'm looking forward to starting my Jillian DVD today!
Old 04-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #125  
the muse of memory

betsy - that sort of camping I could probably endorse! I have a strange fascination with RVs. All that stuff in such a small space, it seems like so much compact fun. I would definitely need the furnace and bathroom and a/c. I have also been working in my garden. My azaleas are now in bloom, and they are so lovely, they make me happy. Also gorgeous, all the pansies I took the trouble to plant last year.

sassyangies - I wonder if some of that was stress! Glad that you took a break; I hope you don't get a cold, I HATE them. Here's to getting yourself to the 260s.

alyssa - if I am having a REAL snack between breakfast and lunch, I will usually have a piece of fruit, an apple or a banana. I always have both at work just in case. Apples keep pretty well, bananas less well, but they tend to be less messy.

If it is just a "sweet craving," well, I keep sugar-free Werther's in my desk drawer and have one every day after lunch. I also have a square of dark chocolate that I break into four pieces and eat slowly. I am capable of keeping chocolate like that in my drawer, but I could NOT keep almonds around. I would eat so many. You have to balance what tempts you versus what satisfies you, and what the craving is: whether for a REAL snack (aka, you're actually hungry) or for something in your mouth.

hey Devon! Ahh, awesome about the weights. I have some and really like them. I have the DVD set Gilad's express workouts, which has 10 minutes segments for various body parts taht you can mix and match, and I really enjoy it. If you're looking for something more structured with your weights, I would definitely recommend the set. I do modify some bits as kneeling for long periods it not great for me.

Jane - I am in the same place you are. SAME NUMBERS. I did have a trip and a bunch of birthdays and celebrations and evenings out, but yeah. I am ready to move down. I REALLY want to be under 330 by the end of the month. I thought that was totally doable but am getting concerned, so am trying to buckle down. We will see. Good luck with your stall!

Last edited by mnemosyne; 04-24-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 291/281/187

Height: 5'7

Thanks! I think i'm going to buy some apples and keep in the break room! I also like the tip about the small square of dark chocolate!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:45 AM   #127  

Height: 5'7"

brr another cold start to our day. I cant wait til the weather is warm enough for me to sit outside and enjoy my coffee.
I can really tell Im losing again by my clothing. It feels so good!!
Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #128  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Thanks all for the bagel suggestions. I like the idea of trying to cut one smaller. Maybe cut it in four instead of two? That would be some tricky knife action, but it might work well. I am thinking I will avoid sugar, but otherwise try and relax and eat intuitively for the weekend. It is only a few days so as long as I can stay reasonable it shouldn't derail me.

I am taking an online class on Irrational Behavior and need to go write my paper that is due tonight. Of course I haven't even started. If only I was as good at other things as I am at procrastination.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 405 / 298 / 150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiojane View Post
I am getting mighty tired of seeing the same numbers on my scale every day.
Same here! I've been almost the exact same weight (within a 2-lb range) for about 3 weeks now. Stalls can be so frustrating.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #130  
Starting over sucks.

We went out for a friend's birthday (and had lunch with my nephew for his birthday - pizza) so I wasn't surprised to see a gain of about two pounds this morning. I did however get in a 40 minute swim with a good friend who needs to swim for a back injury and likes to have a partner in crime to do it with. That, coupled with the nearly two hours we put in on Tuesday means that while I haven't made the pool every day this week, my minutes of exercise average out for the week. That being said, I can't wait until my boyfriend goes back on his regular shift schedule. It frees up a lot more of my lunch hours and after work time that I haven't had since November!
Old 04-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Morning all from the glorious Northwest.......we've had sun and no rain for a few days now so picture a big old lady doing the pixie dance in her garden if you want you laugh for the day!

I'm feeling like an idiot this morning! I'm on Intermittent Fasting with counting calories, carbs and sodium. I had been doing really well with having an eating window of noon to 8 PM. When I eat in the morning, I have a greater tendency to overeat and snack through the day. Well, I thought the doctor told me to take all these pills they've got me on right now for the a fib with food. What he probably said was take them in the morning at breakfast because he assumed I ate breakfast. I finally read all of the labels (refer back to the feeling like an idiot this morning) and none of them have to be taken with food.

So back to my tried and true eating times and hopefully I can get back on the losing wagon. Haven't gained any, but I need to lose 4 pounds in the next six days to make my 10 pound goal for the month, and that probably t'ain't gonna happen.

Off to the gym. Yipardee.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 400/388/199

Height: 5'4''

Hi ya'll, I'm new here but I have been lurking around for a while. Just wanted to drop a line and try to encourage myself to stop lurking and actually post some. I start Ideal Protein on Sunday so here goes another journey for me...maybe this one will work.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:38 AM   #133  

I am down 2lbs this week. I am so happy to be losing at a pretty good rate again. I had gained for the past few years and its so nice to know I am capable of losing again. I am down 29lbs this year.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #134  
the muse of memory

alyssa - I hope the suggestions work out. I do try to get smaller apples. I find them as satisfying as larger apples, but with a few fewer calories. They PROBABLY hardly matter, but I feel better about them. There's a local orchard that will have apples through the fall but until then it is the grocery store apples for me.

dgramie - it is so cold here too! I went to a barbeque last night and it was FRIGID. Congrats on your losses this year, by the way. That is AMAZING.

Nancy - a bit ironic that you procrastinated on your paper for your class on irrational behavior? I am a total procrastinator, too. It irritates me that I do that, but it is in my nature. Good luck over the weekend. I think relaxing is a wise move. It is just a weekend and you will be fine!

MapleLeaf - Heh. Yes. There IS hope though. My scale finally moved down a definitive pound this morning, pleasing me ENDLESSLY. We can get through it.

Jane - out to dinners do that, don't they! I was afraid of a gain this morning, since last night was a party thing, but they had hardly anything vegetarian (subway veggie sandwiches, no cheese) so I probably had fewer calories even counting the wine and the peanuts and the push-pop (though I read the box, and they were just 80 calories) I had for dinner. The water weight will go away - you just have to stay mentally strong through the wedding season, regardless of what the scale says!

betsy - good luck on your 10 pound goal for the month. That is a big one! I... well, I have lost THREE pounds this month. I would really like to lose at least six, but that does not seem to be in the cards. Maybe next month.

theaimes - welcome! stop lurking and post whenever and whatever you like. there's also a pretty active Ideal Protein forum in case you need tips and tricks, but you should still hang around here too so we can cheer you one.

III am going out tonight. With people who will want to drink. I have decided that I am not having any alcohol tonight. I had a glass of wine last night that I really enjoyed, but I don't have room in my diet for more than 1-3 drinks per week. One was last night. I'll probably want wine or beer Saturday or Sunday, so I will have diet coke. I'm telling you guys this so I stick to it. I have to balance being sociable with my goals, too.

I really, really, really wish that bars offered half-pint servings in the States, by the way. It would solve so many problems.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #135  
Starting over sucks.

Mental strength indeed. I ended up eating out again last night, I have my nephew's birthday party on Sunday, my AGM dinner on Wednesday and then the bachelorette is the next Saturday. (Followed of course by three weekends of wedding prep where there will be snacks and wine).

I'm not making excuses. If I veer off plan it's totally my fault, and I know my willpower has been less than stellar lately, partly because I lost so much momentum with that scale fiasco, partly because the wedding is pretty much here, and it was a big goal date. I have to remind myself I have another wedding, a class reunion and big vacation coming up that I can hit more milestones for.
Closed Thread