3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Chat Thread January 2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/272282-300-chat-thread-january-2013-a.html)

gggirls 01-01-2013 09:30 AM

300+ Chat Thread January 2013

WELCOME!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us!

sassyangies 01-01-2013 11:18 AM

Hello everyone.. My name is Angelia. I'm here again to lose weight. I'm not sure why I keep loosing my mojo and having to start over with a few more pounds on me evertime. Sometimes I wonder how this became my life long batter. Blah.. well, even though I've started over more times than I can probably count I can't dwell on it. I just have to keep movin on..

Ktj862 01-02-2013 02:26 AM

Hi Angelina! I've been the same way most of my life, but all we can do is keep trying!

mnemosyne 01-02-2013 09:44 AM

Heya Angelia. I have gained and lost a few times, myself - but I agree that the most important thing is a new start. Once you have some success under your belt, you THEN might want to look at what it is that had you slip up, as you can start to excise the thought processes or habits that let you let go.

Cheers, ktj862! I hope you are having a lovely new year.

I am still thinking about your Rosebud and hope the surgery went well! What a way to spend the holidays.

I had fun on New Year's Eve. We made Pisco Sours, in honor of the Peru trip, and the ones we made were better than most I had in Peru, because we used fresh squeezed lime juice. It does take a lot of limes for a little juice. Fun drinks don't fit regularly on my plan, but if I figure out a way to make simple syrup with splenda, I might make myself one occasionally. Anyway. New Year!

I was six pounds up from my ticker weight this morning. That's not ideal, but not terrible. I feel okay with it. I got up this morning and walked on the treadmill before work, so I feel good about that. (Despite a bad blister I got on a long walk over the weekend, when the ankle socks I was wearing slipped down, ugh.) In 2012, I lost 70 lbs. I started the new year 70 lbs lighter than I left it. And not-quite-110 lbs lighter than I was a few years ago. I feel great, and cannot wait to see what is next. I am going to incorporate more exercise this year, and also work on better work habits (i.e. - not staying so late, getting more done in the morning).

Cheers to the new year and all y'all!

Garnet2727 01-02-2013 09:48 AM

Hi all! Seeing 302 pounds on a scale in a doctor's office in January of 2012 is what prompted me to start losing weight. It's been a long haul, but so far I'm doing well.

Happy New Year to everyone!

sassyangies 01-02-2013 11:00 AM

Thanks for the encouragement guys.. I really appreciate it.

Mnem, you'll have that 6 pounds off in no time. You an do this!!

Garnet your doing great and well on your way!! You have done so great so far.

Ktj, I know we can do this we just have to keep trying and keep coming back.

Not sure if anyone has an adroid or Iphone, but I found a wonderful app that will track your calories. I think it will track your weight too. It's called "My fitness Pal" Love it. It helps you determine your calorie need if your not sure and it even scans the food if you have a upc scan bar and it will input the food that way. Love it and wanted to share!

Have a great day.
Angelia

watchoutforthatcar 01-02-2013 05:35 PM

Hi girls....I'm still alive.

Sooo...I'm struggling to see the top again, because I'm at the very bottom of the totem pole. I ate everything, I ate everything in excess...and I have 10 lovely pounds to prove it.

I've been avoiding this place like the plague...because I knew I'd feel bad, horrible about myself and I do...because I could've been at a different place had I not had these last couple of months.

Why? Why do I do this to myself? The most important thing to me is losing weight or I wouldn't have lost almost 80 lbs, but for some reason food is like an addiction to me. Either way...blah...I don't know what else to say.

I'm trying sooo hard to be optimistic, but...I have a whole nother year to lose 70 or maybe even more if I stick with it. I know there are going to be bad days, bad weeks, but I can't keep having bad months. Because the bad months are harder to turn around than anything else.

I just feel so ashamed...and less optimistic I guess. And it's just ten lbs that's easier to turn around then 50...but anyway...I can't stay away from this place for long periods of time.

I've missed y'all...you've been so kind to me and a big part of the small success I've had, so I hope you'll welcome me back...:(

I hope y'alls year has started well.

Justwant2Bhealthy 01-02-2013 09:34 PM

HEY MEM and ALL ~ I am Ok -- back at my sister's place already and getting lots of rest and sleep which is badly needed right now. They took the tumor out; it was 100 lbs and I am so glad it's out. Now I just walk around the place with my canes (already) until I am stronger. Hope you all have a wonderfully successful 2013!!!:hug:

dgramie 01-03-2013 07:14 AM

ROSE_ wow 100lbs, just think of how amazing you are going to look in a few weeks. I am so glad its out of your body and that you are doing good!! We miss you!

I am back on track and its slow going but it always seems to be now days. I feel truly rested. I run an inhome daycare and had a few days off over the break and truly enjoyed it. I start back today and I sure missed the kids I keep. Im ready for them!!
I need to work on increasing my water intake...really slacking on it

mnemosyne 01-03-2013 09:49 AM

Rosebud! So glad to hear that you are recovering. I cannot imagine a 100 pound tumor, but I imagine that after this surgery you will be an entirely different woman. Once you recover. Keep doing the good work there and don't worry about us. I'm glad you are doing well.

Garnet - wow, you've done spectacularly. Congrats on your losses so far!

Angelia - thanks for the encouragement and the tip. I don't log, necessary, I just keep track in my head. I keep considering trying an app but I am doing okay without one. How did your first day of recommittment go?

car! - chica, I'm so happy to see you again. Please don't be ashamed. Hey, I was around and still regained six pounds over the holidays. I am not too worried, but excited about recommitting to fitness for January. I know exactly what you mean about food addiction. Over the holidays, I just ate. I mean, I enjoyed it and it was a deliberate choice to step away from worrying about every bite, but I know that even in that context I ate more than I meant to eat, and more than I wanted.

So be optimistic, because you are STILL 70 lbs down from last year, and starting a new year with your goals firmly in your sites. What if next year you are ANOTHER 70 pounds down? Or 80? Or 50? Imagine the energy and the confidence that will come from that. January is a fresh start and a great time to renew your committment to yourself. I know you can do it.

dgramie - it's great to get a break but sometimes good to get back to routines, isn't it? I am back to work and doing well, thus far. Have walked both mornings before work and am going to get the holiday weight off first, then work on the rest.

watchoutforthatcar 01-03-2013 10:16 AM

Rose -- I'm so sorry to hear about the tumor, but so happy that they were able to get it out safely and successfully! What you need now is rest and to recover! Everything else can come later.

Mnem -- Seriously you're so cheerful about this and it makes me feel that way. Thank you! I can always count on you to say something uplifting. You're absolutely right it's a new year and I can't be stuck in 2012. And for two or three months of not watching what I ate I still managed to keep off majority. I seen your newer pics in another thread and you look really good! :) I'm loving your outfit choices. We all turn into little fashionistas when our weight isn't holding us back from clothing options.

Radiojane 01-03-2013 10:35 AM

Speedy recovery Rosebud

I put about 10lbs back on over the holidays (well probably since around Dec 15th). My work is so Christmas oriented (I do promotion and Marketing for a Shopping mall), and that coupled with Christmas parties and travel just made me throw in the towel for a few weeks.

I don't mind the ten pounds, it's mostly bloat (more than two of it disappeared between yesterday and today), but I felt so crappy off plan that I've finally had that Eureka! moment where I know I've changed my habits. I'm back in the pool and eating clean.

...and anxiously waiting for $200 worth of clothes I don't need and might not fit yet or for long to show up in the mail. I'm already a fashionista and I can only shop at a handful of stores!

FatinSTL 01-03-2013 06:56 PM

337 :-(

I just joined 3FC and I am part of the 300+ club to my disliking (and my fault.)

I hope to lose 100 pounds and get down to about 230. I am pretty tall and big boned, so even though that sounds like a crappy goal I actually look pretty good at 230.

I've been warned by friends that they wish me luck but do not want to see me looking gaunt and frail and still want me to look like me, just healthier. I think 100 pounds lost would do just that.

I'm starting Medifast soon. I really need to do this so I can feel good about myself and love ME.

I have to keep reminding myself that it takes time, and there is no magic cure. It's going to take hard work and discipline.

dgramie 01-04-2013 07:11 AM

welcome to all new faces!!
I know I have lost and regained 90lbs 2 times and then lost 90lb and been able to keep 55 or so of it off thanks to the support of my friends here on 3fc. I would have given up and went back to my old ways if it hadnt been from then and an email here and there.
THis is my year to get the rest off...my baby girl is getting married in 4 months and I want at least 30lbs off by then. My journey started after my son got married 5yrs ago and I was so miserable at his wedding. I was about 310lbs then. When my daughter got married 4yrs ago ago I was down 70lbs. I made a promise to myself that i would be smaller when my girls got married and I have to get busy and get it off and keep it off.

mnemosyne 01-04-2013 09:51 AM

car - awww. thank you! I love that jacket enough that I will be vaguely sad when it is too big for me to actually wear. Maybe I will learn to sew and repurpose it then. :) But seriously, I am down to a 22/24 for the most part at Lane Bryant, or a 3x at department stores. That is the STARTING POINT for most people where they lament their lack of options and I am like, hoovering up new clothes like crazy. One of my New Year's resolutions is to buy very little stuff in January and February, though. I need to save some money! Heh, I will have to replace all my summer stuff, and I bet you will too.

Also, honestly, for 2-3 months of maintenance including the holidays, 10 pounds up is NOT bad. obviously, ultimately we want to learn maintenance in a steadier way, but chica, I regained 6 pounds just over Christmas and New Year's. So. :)

Jane - what sort of pieces did you get? I think you were a fashionista all along if the pictures you have posted for any indications. I'm so impressed that you had such a revelation about eating clean during the holidays. Heh. I felt pretty good eating terribly, unfortunately. But also good about getting back to better habits. I actually cleaned out my fridge New Year's Day. honestly, I did not have any 'bad' foods at home, since I didn't keep much of the goodies I made here at home, but I mean: scrubbed the insides, through away expired condiments, so it FELT like a clean-out. That pleased me.

FatinStL - welcome! I would not worry about what you are going to look like after losing right now; you will settle on something like a goal when you get closer to it. I have never done a plan like Medifast, but it looks like you do lose weight really quickly on a plan like that so hopefully it will work for you. Maybe until you start you could focus on making better changes with what you have at home now?

dgramie - I KNOW you can do this. January is the fresh start you need and you can totally make your goal.

I am doing well. Have gotten up and walked every morning before work for at least 1/2 hour, and 20 minutes additional when I get home. Dug through my exercise DVDs and I have a yoga for fat chicks DVD and a tai chi for beginners that I will try over the weekend. I also ordered a DVD that has 10 minute targeted toning workouts. Targeted toning won't matter much to my appearance right now, but I do want to start doing something with weights and I would prefer to do that at home right now. So that seemed like a way to start.