3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Chat Thread January 2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/272282-300-chat-thread-january-2013-a.html)

Radiojane 01-08-2013 10:52 AM

I was always too self conscious for dresses so this is a relatively new thing for me. My Torrid shipment got here yesterday, but I'm only fitting half of that. I should have read the sizing info. A 3X there is not the same as a 3X at Penningtons. Oh well few more pounds.

sassyangies 01-08-2013 11:19 AM

Hey I'm glad everyone is doing good. I never felt comfortable wearing dresses or skirts even when I was 105 pounds when I first met my husband. I've been a tomboy most of my life. I wear makeup to work and a little when I'm off but that's about it. I always hate it when people from work see me out of work because I look so different. At work I'm in dress slacks and a nice shirt and at home it's usually yoga pants and a tshirt. Levis if I'm feeling like I need to look a little better. It's hard to buy clothes because they are so expensive so I end up just spending the money on my work clothes and shoes and looking blah all the other times. I hate that.. For the first time in my life though I bought a pair of those slip on ballet shoe thingies... Oh my gosh I love those. They're not so frumpy but they are still comfortable.. So I'll be wearing those for ahile now..
Yesterday I had to do some baking so it was a little struggle for me. I did go over my calories but only by 104 so it's not anything that will make me gain. My hubby was so sweet because he came to me and said.. I know your doing really well and I don't want to distract you from eating well, but can you make me a cinammon struesal cake... haha.. it was so sweet because he's never done anything like that and he even offered to help so I wouldn't have to do it all... So that was really sweet. He's a really skinny guy and always has been able to eat whatever he wants the whole time we've been together (18 years) I've never seen him heavier than he is.. I don't know how men can do that..
So that was a little hard, but I got through it.
Hope everyone has a great Tuesday..

watchoutforthatcar 01-08-2013 12:09 PM

I feel like a loser for admitting this but I spend tons of time on store websites, for when I get to my ugw...just looking at all the clothes I'll want to buy. It actually stopped me from overeating last night. It just makes me feel lame because I couldn't even think to go in these stores much less fit a shoe in them, but they give me motivation to get to that point where I can finally fit in them. There are just so many cute clothes I'd love to wear!

Radiojane 01-08-2013 02:11 PM

I do that constantly. I have so many dream outfits.

sassyangies 01-08-2013 04:50 PM

Don't feel bad. I do the exact thing. I love looking at all the cute clothes.

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

dgramie 01-09-2013 07:49 AM

I cant wait to start shopping for the dress to wear to my daughters may wedding. I want something mom of the bride looking. I have wore black to my other 2 children weddings and I want color this time...
I need to work on this body and get it down to a size 18 dress by then if not a 16. Im a 20 now in a dress and sometimes a 22.
If you see anything that might work let me know....
have a great OP day. Oh day 3 of exercise is today!! WOOHOO

mnemosyne 01-09-2013 09:58 AM

Jane - I learned the same thing a few months ago (except in my case "Pennington's" was "Catherine's", though I now definitely fit into the standard 3x at most department and other stores. You are so much taller than me and I am sure you'll be into your new dresses soon!

Well, my package arrived: dress and boots and sweater. Nothing worked! Therefore, I think all y'all spending time looking at 'what will I wear at goal weight' websites are smarter than me. Hah. The dress was WAY too long for me. Had a handkerchief hem, but that mean it basically dropped off the widest part of my body. There was no shaping to it, except for a belt. The belt was TERRIBLE. It went around my upper stomach, the widest part of my body. That was the only way it looked okay, and the only way to keep the dress from being a shapeless mess. but ugh. I tried pulling it upward to make it empire-ish, but that was not attractive either. I will say that it seemed to be made well - there was a lining, which is nice.

Now: the boots. Tooo tall. Meant to be knee-high, they went over my knee. I couldn't zip them past upper-mid-calf. Also: they were leather and suede but the leather was stained. (OTOH: zipped to mid-calf? They looked great. Maybe I will try some other boots, but only shorter styles, not 'knee-high'.)

Finally: sweater. The weave was so loose you could see the skin and/or bra clear as day. Also kinda itchy.

If anything else had worked I would've kept the boots on the belief that in a few months I would have workable thigh-high! boots. But since nothing worked and the boots were stained, all are going back! Good reminder to me that I need to try things on. :)

car - I think that's a great idea, though. If I am craving something I might go and look at a clothes blog. Or something. Though avoid pictures of the super-skinny women, hah. I heard about some study that compared people who were given journals with a pic of a super-skinny woman on them to women given journals with a neutral pic on them and asked to record their food intake while trying to lose weight, and those who kept looking at the superskinny woman stopped losing and actually gained weight, seriously! When the super-skinny woman was replaced by a more normal size woman on the pages of the journal, weight loss started again. How weird is that?

dgramie - that is so exciting, good job on the exercise! I have also managed it every day this week and I feel brilliant. What sort of dress are you looking for? Something formal? Or is the wedding more garden/informal?

PS - sassyangies - that is a REAL challenge. Your hubby is lucky to have you. IIII would've told him to make it himself! Hah. Actually, since my dad is retired and my mom still works (and before my dad retired, he taught so had more time off during the holidays), my dad makes the family fruitcakes and cookies at Christmas time.

sassyangies 01-09-2013 11:39 AM

mnem, that's so cute that your dad makes the holiday cookies and fruit cakes.. I'm afraid my hubby is not quite there yet. I even cook meals the days I'm working because if not my son will be eating Top Ramen the 3 days I'm at work..haha.. Sorry your clothes did not work out for you.. I really hate that so much. I'm currently waiting for my return to go through at Old Navy so I can reorder my pants a third time.. Such a bummer to go through because I want them now.. Keep trying Im sure you'll find something..

Ramie, you can definetely make that goal for the wedding. I bet you are so excited!! I know I would be. Kinda gives you something to look forward too ya know.

Well, day 9 and Im OP and so happy about it. I went out last night to a "Make N Take" I belong to a scrapbook meetup group and we get together once a week for a make n take where we make cards that the host prepares for us. We do it at starbucks and I usually have a really fattening drink and maybe a pastry and I was so good. I did have two drinks, but just tea with a little raw sugar in it. When I got home I had the most amazing meal. I cooked up a spaghetti squash 3 small chicken tenders (raw) with some spaghetti sauch and more veggies broccolli and carrots. It was so good. Sometimes I can't believe how much I can eat. I almost feel guilty, but it's within my calories and mostly veggies. My husband was allready asleep so I enjoyed some tv and stayed up really late. Love nights like that.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!

dgramie 01-10-2013 07:27 AM

I ended up feeling blah all day long yesterday. I dont know what was wrong but glad I feel better today. I skipped jumping on the mini tramp because I was so achy.
Nmen- I will have to go formal. Its a church wedding. I havent really started looking yet but cant wait to lose some weight so I can look.
SOrry your clothes didnt work out..thats why I dont order.

mnemosyne 01-10-2013 09:45 AM

sassyangies - hah, yes. He had to take over. Actually his brothers are also in charge of making the 'traditional sugar thins' in their houses. My uncle said he spent seven hours in the same position rolling them out and baking them at his house, and it was a losing proposition for a while because his younger kid and wife ate them as fast as they were made. :)

Congrats on making it through the starbucks meeting! Tea is a great choice there. I will usually have a latte with skim milk and sugar-free hazelnut syrup there. Oh, or another option at many coffee places that is diet friendly is an Italian soda, if you get them to make it with sugar-free syrup. That is club soda + one of the coffee syrups. I usually get them with sugar-free hazelnut (can you tell I like hazelnuts?)

Your dinner sounds delicious! I never see spaghetti squash in the store, but I always get it when I go to Ruby Tuesday. It is vegetarian AND low calorie. Brilliant.

dgramie - oh, yes. formal will be necessary. And yes, I would wait to start looking, too. Though you'll have fun when you do! And hah, yeah. I have to order my bras and sometimes order other things, but so rarely does it work out. I suppose it is sort of a relief since I didn't /really/ want to spend that money. Since the boots were damaged I think they will have to pay me back part of my shipping, too.

Last night I went to the Met Opera HD broadcast and went shopping beforehand. Did not buy any clothes (good! I don't need more winter clothes.), just stocked up on by lotion at Bath and Body works. I now have enough foot cream to last a year. :) I tried on some boots at the department store (I had the best coupon: $30 off a $50 purchase - one day only) that were cute and fit. A bit tight more in the toes than anyplace else. I really need wide shoes. Would've bought them if they had black in my size, but they only had brown. I tried on black ones one halfsize up and one halfsize down, but they were too loose/tight.

I was really tempted by the brown ones because I liked the way they looked on my feet (heh - normal?) when I looked down at them, but reminded myself that I will probably have even more options next year and don't need to get everything that maybe works. That's good for me. It's weird because I really need to adjust to a world with so many more choices, and do that by being more discriminating. Which I am.

PS - dgramie - you are west of me so I bet it was the changing weather. When I went into mall last night it was chilly but clear. The opera was four hours long and when I left at 10:30, it was weird - cold but humid, misting and with an eerie, closed in fog everywhere that made it really hard to see. Odd weather, probably ache-producing. Glad you are feeling better!

Radiojane 01-10-2013 11:01 AM

I hit 75 pounds lost this morning!! I posted some pictures in mini goal and in the 300lb picture thread.

sassyangies 01-10-2013 11:51 AM

Congrats Jane!!! That is so awesome. I'll go check out your pic.. Great job!!

watchoutforthatcar 01-10-2013 04:20 PM

Way to go, Jane! You look amazing by the way keep up the good work!

It's been 4 days perfectly on point and I feel good. :) I'm so glad to be getting back on track. I gotta keep going, we all have to!

I keep hearing that sometimes you lose a shoe size and I really hope that's true. I wear a ten now...I can get into 9 and a half depending on the shoe, but I'd love to go down to a 9...I actually used to be a 9 before I gained weight, so here is to hoping.

mnem -- I'm sorry the clothes didn't work. It's hard shopping online for that reason alone because you don't know quite what you're going to get. I shop at two places -- Cato's and Walmart...and I've gotten some really cute tops from both. I know we all hate Lane Bryant, but there are some decent shops for plus size, too. You just have to search around. Better luck next time! Be careful with the boots, you're a shortie! Not that you didn't know that, lolol.

Radiojane 01-10-2013 04:39 PM

My feet definitely shrank, but then they were so swollen most of the time that it wasn't surprising. Unfortunately instead of having a size 9 or 10 that would still fit most cute shoes, I just went from a 12 to an 11.

dgramie 01-11-2013 07:18 AM

I only noticed my feet shrinking in my dress shoes. I guess I just tie the tennis shoes tighter now. I didnt really go down in size but I cant wear the shoes I use to wear as they are too wide now.

Nmen- I ended up having another blah day yesterday. Hubby finally told me to get my tail on the minitramp and see if exercise helped and guess what...it did. I went and took a hot bath after jumping and felt much better. I am praying it doesnt start again today.
My mom says its hormones...I will be 49 this month. I think part of the mood is that my baby turns 23 tomorrow. I feel old.
Scales are stuck...but tom is still here and
I have noticed the weight seems to hang on a few days after he leaves.
I am so close to being out of the 250s.

jane- great job

hi to everyone else!! Hope we all have a great op weekend!