3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Chat Thread January 2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/272282-300-chat-thread-january-2013-a.html)

babyluv 01-20-2013 10:52 PM

Hello ladies,
I appreciate all of the luv & support! I did my weigh in today & I lost another 2lbs for a total of 6lbs since I started 1/7/13. I'm super happy & I've made a promise to myself that as long as the #'s keep going down 1,2,3lbs etc I will congradulate myself.
I am so proud & inspired by all of your stories. I felt like no one understands or has the same issues. Glad to know I'm not alone. We can do this!

dgramie 01-21-2013 07:47 AM

woo hoo luv!!

went out to eat with my daughter yesterday and stuck to my plan. I did eat 2 rolls but counted each calories and didnt eat anything last night to make up for it.

sassyangies 01-21-2013 09:23 AM

Luv that is so awesome.. Glad to hear you had a loss!!!

Ramie, good for you for sticking to your calories.. That's really hard to do..

I will write more later when we get home.

mnemosyne 01-21-2013 10:06 AM

hey y'all. The good thing about working on a holiday is you can always get a good parking space. That is the only good thing about it!

sassyangies - I've decided not to go to Columbus after all. It is supposed to be insanely cold, and I don't want to deal with traveling when it is 0 degrees outside. Or - hah - figuring out what to do with my coat. Brave 0 degree weather for a block or two? I think I would die. Or wear my heavy coat to the show so that gross people can spill beer all over it?

It's also probably better for my pocketbook not to go. That's okay, instead I'm going to the symphony next weekend and then a different concert Sunday night. I hope you had a great weekend!

Welcome babyluv and congrats on your loss! We are the same height, actually. I know that you can do this. Keep going and it will become nearly a habit.

dgramie elvislover and Jane - I feel the same way. I actually don't WANT to talk about my NSVs with people in my daily life. I know that they cannot understand *really* what its like to worry about whether or not you will fit in the seats someplace, or ... whatever, and generally I keep those things to myself. blah. So yes: I really appreciate this place.

Rosebud - glad your electricity didn't go out for long. It has been cold here and we are getting invaded by Canadian air this week. Gee, thanks! Your dinner sounds lovely. I made vegetarian reubens and mashed mixed root vegetables (potatoes, parsnips, rutabaga and turnips) for dinner last night. It was good. But I have loads of leftover mash. I wonder if it will freeze? Hope you keep feeling better!

Radiojane 01-21-2013 10:50 AM

Good morning ladies! And welcome Babyluv!

I'm still fighting this god awful toothache. The antibiotics are helping somewhat, but I'm still in a world of hurt. Pretty proud of myself though: It takes a lot of dedication to go to the pool with a toothache when it's -40 Celsius! But I did it!

I've also been drafted as a second string bridesmaid (another girl dropped out) for my SIL's wedding in June. Have to go try on the dress this weekend. I'm dreading this. Really glad she didn't ask me 85 pounds ago, but dreading it nonetheless. The good news is that alterations should be easy because I don't think I'm going to lose too many inches between now and June 1. Still, it's a strapless short thing. I don't even begin to have an idea what the heck to do with my boobs. How do you get a strapless bra to stay up for an H cup??? I couldn't get the one for my grad dress to stay up when I was a D!

mnemosyne 01-21-2013 11:12 AM

Jane - are you comfortable enough with your SIL that you can talk to her about the dress? Maybe she would be okay with you having straps added or wearing a shrug so you can wear a real bra. Otherwise, I have no suggestions. I would not attempt to wear a strapless bra (also am a G or H cup). I suppose that a very well boned long-line corset might work, though.

Radiojane 01-21-2013 11:41 AM

Apparently there are spaghetti straps that can be added. There is another bridesmaid that's very busty and she was concerned as well. I'm going to try the dress on this weekend and see what the bridal shop recommends. I'm not very optimistic about losing a few cup sizes before the wedding, seeing as nearly 100 pounds hasn't made a dent.

I think once she sees me and the other girl in the dresses, she'll want the shawls.

KerriLeah 01-21-2013 12:08 PM

LuvGreat job! I agree. Numbers going down= No reason to stop now! I've officially made my weigh ins on Wednesdays. Then I have time to recoup of my sodium has been off kilter from the weekend. I typically eat better during the week and have a splurge on the weekends. I stay OP, but because I fiddle the numbers around enough to make my calories work out.

JaneI feel you, girl! When I was in my brother's wedding, my SIL chose off the shoulder, huge, royal purple, heavy taffeta. The strapless bra didn't do much for my D's, so I can't imagine how you're feeling! I think the shrug is a great idea. Maybe the boob tape? Ha, bet that doesn't work for anyone over a "B". :p

mnemosyneI love working on holidays for that reason only! Best parking ever at work and never have bumper to bumper traffic! My commute is 40 minutes. Has been known to hit 1hr 20 minutes if the traffic is horrid enough.

This week I'm fighting a teenager who is 17 and owns the world!! Or supposes that she should own the world, however that works out for her. Making my gray hair pop up in groves! Thankfully, there's a sweet little 5 year old in the mix who makes it all balance out for now... Staying OP for over 2 weeks now! Yesterday's weather was amazingly beautiful for January. But I do live in Texas. I think this month is our spring. I'll take it. The short-one and I walked to the park and played Saturday, then we walked all over the neighborhood yesterday. Good exercise! She did great keeping up, but I had to carry her scooter back the last 15 minutes of the walk.

Radiojane 01-21-2013 12:44 PM

I'm seriously considering duct taping down my chest for the day.

MapleLeaf 01-21-2013 01:09 PM

Hi. :) I hope it's okay if I jump in again. I haven't been here in a while but I've missed it!

I just signed up for a 100 miles in 100 days walking challenge at work, so I feel extra motivated right now! It starts today and goes through April.

elvislover324 01-21-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy (Post 4599311)
Elvislover ~ you do know us for real; I know that I am real and I think most people here are too. We are just a bunch of ordinary people who have something in common -- sharing ideas, encouragement, and support on this site.

Awwww, thanks justwant2bhealthy. I am real too and everything I help anyone with or encourage anyone with here, I would do and say the same in person. And some of you ladies are FAR from the "ordinary" people you referenced above, seriously. I have been helped from some of you in ways like you are my weightloss angels!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnemosyne (Post 4600316)
dgramie elvislover and Jane - I feel the same way. I actually don't WANT to talk about my NSVs with people in my daily life. I know that they cannot understand *really* what its like to worry about whether or not you will fit in the seats someplace, or ... whatever, and generally I keep those things to myself. blah. So yes: I really appreciate this place.

You are so right mnemosyne, some people will never GET it. My husband is awesome and cheerleads for me all the way but things with you all who are on the same journey is just different. And it's a bit weird maybe but me and my girlfriends who are heavy, never ever EVER discuss weightloss! And never have? We have had some great meals together in the past, never anything diet, I promise you!

elvislover324 01-21-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radiojane (Post 4600459)
Apparently there are spaghetti straps that can be added. There is another bridesmaid that's very busty and she was concerned as well. I'm going to try the dress on this weekend and see what the bridal shop recommends. I'm not very optimistic about losing a few cup sizes before the wedding, seeing as nearly 100 pounds hasn't made a dent.

I think once she sees me and the other girl in the dresses, she'll want the shawls.

Is this dress maybe one that comes in certain styles that all compliment each other? When I got married a hundred years ago, my sister (MOH) wanted a spaghetti strap dress but my other bridesmaids couldn't all pull it off comfortably. In the end, they all ordered from the same collection but had different versions of the dress.

I hope you can work something out. This is the last thing you need to worry about!

Radiojane 01-21-2013 08:42 PM

I get straps and can widen them as much as I need. The other busty bridesmaid is doing the same. Thank goodness!

dgramie 01-22-2013 07:22 AM

I have seen same color dresses in different styles based on what looks best! My daughter picked 2 styles and then had everyone try them on and picked the style that worked best for the larger girl. She is a busty girl as well.

I dread the finding a dress for my daughters wedding and I will wait till closer to may to find one. Hoping to be down a few lbs by then.

sassyangies 01-22-2013 10:03 AM

Hey ladies..
Been such a busy couple of days. I feel like I have so much to do. I'm still OP not sure why the scale hasn't move in a few days, but Im not too worried about it because I know Im doing what I need to do. Had to take my Mom to Walmart yesterday to get a new coffee pot and to buy a few groceries. Taking care of them is my biggest obstacle because it's always "you wanna go out to eat" we'll pay.. That kind of thing. It is so hard for me to turn down eating out, but I did it yesterday with no problems. I just reminded her that were in a weight loss challenge remember and that I need to get healthy..
Only problem I'm having this week is I always feel hungry. Last week I flew right through it without feeling like eating anything. This week thought I want to eat everything.. So frustrating!!

Jane,
I think you should talk to your Sil it's unreasonable for her to ask you to wear that dress if you are not comfortable with it. Like the other ladies said you should be able to wear a different style in that same line. I hope you figure something out. I so wish my boobs would stay the same when I lose weight. The weight seems to come off them first. I hate it.. :)

Mapleleaf, Hi and welcome. That is so awesome that your work does that. I wish my work did that. It's always allot funner when you have some people who are in your everyday life doing it as well. Good luck!

Kerri, I hope your doing ok dealing with your teenanger. That must be hard. My little man is only 4 and I dont ever want him to grow up. I love this age and I get so sad when I realize he'll be in kindergarten next year. Hey enjoy the weather. I live in AZ so we have awesome weather too right now. I am not looking forward to the summer though. I never do. I just hope I'm lighter and not so miserable this summer..