3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Chat Thread January 2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/272282-300-chat-thread-january-2013-a.html)

mnemosyne 01-11-2013 09:39 AM

Jane - I posted in the thread you made, but will do so here, too. You look amazing. Absolutely great. Congrats on a big milestone!

car - I have lost weight in my feet. Not quite down a full half-size, but before, I really couldn't find shoes to wear in normal stores. I ordered wide wide shoes. I had both fat AND wide feet. Now I find loads of shoes in regular stores. Wide shoes are still better as my toes are wide, but I am wearing 8 M right now.

And re: length, I sometimes had to size up to 8.5 before. Now I wear 8s, and many of my 8W shoes are just a bit too long. Still 7.5s don't generally work. Of course, I have another hundred pounds to lose.

I have also lost a ring size, and my wrists are smaller. Also look at you! Back on track and doing well. So proud of you!

I've never shopped at Cato's, but I will check it out. I am not going to buy any more winter clothes at this point. That is my promise to myself. I have plenty and since the dress did not work out, I will only get new pants when necessary, and new spring clothes when that season rolls around. It's just that I like shopping now. Hah.

dgramie - counterintuitive that exercise helps achy joints, isn't it? When you start aching you stop moving, which makes you stiffer and so on. Good for you for getting on your minitramp. I've managed to exercise on the treadmill every morning before work this week. I'm pleased. I know that the scale will start moving for your soon!

Really looking forward to Saturday. I have more volunteer training tonight and have had long, long days. Last night they ordered from an Italian place. I might've ordered a salad or SOMETHING to eat if I was there in time, but I worked late and was running late so I didn't have anything. It was hard to sit and do practice tax questions while people all around are slurping up spaghetti and eating meatball subs. I made it through, though. One more night!

sassyangies 01-11-2013 10:41 AM

Ramie, hope your feeling ok this morning not too sore. I have issues with soreness too all over. I haven't even started excersising yet either. I dread the way I feel after.

sassyangies 01-11-2013 10:46 AM

Mnem, I'm not sure how your handling that. That would be so hard for me. Good for you sticking to your plan. One more day and your done..

Today is day 11 for me OP. I am super excited, but my anxiety is growing because I don't want this to fail. I hate that sick feeling in my stomach. My weight was up 2 pounds today which makes no sense at all because I'm completely OP. Iknow the scale can do tricks on me to I'm trying not to let it bother me. In the past I would use that as an excuse to eat whatever for that day because it was wasted anyway. Now I know that the scale will always play tricks and it could be water weight. WE did eat out last night, but I was still under my calories. I just think the food was filled with Sodium and I think that's why I woke up puffed out like a blow fish.
Well, thanks for listening guys. I have a weigh in tomorrow and I hope it goes well. And a weigh in for my family challenge on MOnday..

Hope everyone has a great Friday. Today is the first day of my 3 day work week so not sure if I'll be on more than once or twice throughout the weekend.

Radiojane 01-11-2013 10:53 AM

I had a pretty blah day yesterday too dgramie. Actually most of it was ok, but I was doing a favor for a friend, and I had to run and get a part. I left her place at 8:15pm. From 8:21 to 8:42, I was stuck behind a train. Then I drove a quarter mile only to be stuck behind another until 8:58, leaving me no time to get the part, because everything closed at 9pm. My stress response to this was insane. I could not calm myself down! It's been a long time since I reacted to anything like that.

I think it's maybe hormones (I'm not regular at all but the girls are tender as heck this week) coupled with the comedown from a very busy Christmas and some stress I didn't deal with well. A few days before Christmas, my two best friends gave me news that really upset me. The first has to have a lumpectomy at 27 years old (it's since been found to be benign thank god), and the second one left her fiance. She has two small children and virtually no income. She had everything figured out, found a place and another job etc so everything's ok. But for some reason, (Maybe I'm just so selfish I made it all about me), I was really bothered and worried about both of them. So maybe it's just the fallout from that.

Didn't lose a thing this morning. But that's to be expected. I nibbled last night while making my famous Chicken divan to soothe the savage beast that was my boyfriend after I accidentally sent him cottage cheese and potatoes for lunch instead of what was supposed to be salmon and potatoes.

And thank you mneosyme and everyone else for your congrats on my milestone. You have all helped me get their more than you could know.

dgramie 01-12-2013 08:03 AM

I love weekends!! I plan to do some grocery shopping and then tackling my upstairs extra room. Its became a catchall and needs to be cleaned before my daughters wedding shower so we can store stuff in there.
My scales didnt budge today again, but you know what...Im eating right, drinking my water and getting exercise. I know they will move it may just take time. I am excited about getting under 250 again.
so whats on your menu today??
Just( rose) - missing you and praying for you! Hope you are having a speedy recovery!
we hit 70 yesterday and today will be mid 60s before rain and a cold front that will be bringing a wintery mix the next few days.

sassyangies 01-12-2013 10:41 AM

Hi gals,
Well, the scale moved 2 pounds from last week. I am happy. I was hoping to get under 3, but thats ok. I know slower is better. I weigh everyday, but only count the 2 weigh ins and it can be brutal when you see a lower weigh mid week and then it just goes away.. lol.. owell.. Weekends are blah for me since I have to work. It is a little break from the cooking and cleaning and being a mommy and wife, but I would still rather be home than at work.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and see you all tomorrow.

Cuter w Curves 01-12-2013 11:04 AM

Well... Things were a whirlwind for the past 6-8 weeks. Getting ready, doing the holidays, etc. etc. etc.

But Tuesday came and went without a hitch (except the post-op food screw up by the hospital)... They couldn't accommodate my allergy at all.

That said... I am the proud mama of a 4 day old baby sleeve. *grin*

Just wanted to update for those who knew it was happening.

Shell

P.S. Pre-op it was 46 1/2 inches lost overall... and 25.4lbs lost. Since July 26th.

Radiojane 01-12-2013 11:29 AM

Glad the surgery went well Cuter. Best of luck in your recovery!

dgramie 01-12-2013 07:35 PM

slipped and ate a stupid cupcake and some ice cream. I didnt need it but I have figured out what triggered me to eat it. I have done ok the rest of the day.

sassyangies 01-13-2013 10:29 AM

Hey... I just wanted to stop by and tell you guys I made my Mini Goal of 299. I have been so good and work the last two days and last night it was so so hard so it was so nice to step on the scale this morning and see that I finally dipped below 300.
Hope everyone is having and awesome Sunday!!

elvislover324 01-13-2013 11:01 AM

:cp::cp::hat::hat::woohoo:Yaaayyyyyyyyy sassyangies!!!! So happy for you!!!!

Justwant2Bhealthy 01-13-2013 11:29 AM

HI EVERYONE -- caught a terrible flu while in the hospital and was very sick last week. Couldn't keep anything down; but am better this week and trying to build up my strength and weight again. Finally felt well enuff to come in again.

You are doing great keeping up the new Januray thread; will have to catch up on my reading here though ... :hug:

:congrat: SASSY ~ that's a huge milestone!!! :carrot:

SHELL ~ glad all went well for you -- congrats on the great start! :cb:

Thanks, Dgramie ~ for all the good thoughts and prayers; am starting to feel better this week finally. Glad you figured out what triggered that goodie-bloop; just keep going! :hug:

Radiojane 01-13-2013 11:51 AM

Yay Sassy!

dgramie 01-13-2013 01:40 PM

angie- GREAT JOB!! congrats!!

dgramie 01-14-2013 07:28 AM

Lets make this week a great one!!