Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #76  

Height: 5'7"

I am back home after all the services and celebrating my daddys life. It was a long few days and home feels good. Im debating about going to church or just staying in my gown. Guess I will go to church and then to the grocery store. I need to restock my produce and be ready to eat healthy. I really didnt do bad the past few days. I just didnt drink enough, so I feel heavy and bloated.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #77  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

dragmie -- Good to hear from you. Going to church probably made you feel a tiny bit better than staying in the house. And glad you were able to limit yourself through this tough time! Way to go!

TOM has been really pissing me off all week. I've been 2-6 lbs heavier than I actually am. And was starting to feel depressed. Then I finally showed a loss, not a big one, but one none the less. And that just proved to me that even if it's small I appreciate every single loss. Every day is a step closer to 299!

Hope you gals had a good weekend! I hate that it's Sunday and I have to get ready for the work week.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #78  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

dGramie ~ glad the eating went well for you ...

MNEM ~ I loved that video of Shelley-Anne Fraser-Pryce; she IS very cute and bubbly (so glad she won). Wow, that guy (Manteo Mitchell) who continued to run with a broken leg; I know it can be done as I walked on mine when it was broken too -- I hope it heals well for him though. I love the summer olympics too, esp the track & field events (my favorite as well).

I like to grow the beans becuz they are so easy and take up very little space; you can plant a seed every 1-2 inches each way so you have many plants in a very small area. My half barrels are full of them; they are semi-shaded on the south side of the house (they also grow well on the east or north sides too). If the seeds are good and you have decent weather, you can get a serving or more off each plant.

CUTER ~ I didn't realize eating garlic would help keep skitters away; I do eat some but maybe not enuff becuz they love me way too much -- they invite all their friends over for lunch & dinner ...

Have a Super Sunday all ...
Old 08-13-2012, 06:49 AM   #79  

I stepped on the scales this morning and Im up 3lbs. Im really ok with that and know I can flush that amount out quickly.
I ended up not going to church yesterday, we had a friend stop by to check on me and she stayed. It was a nice visit. I then went out for lunch and slept the rest of the day away.I had trouble sleeping last night but knew I would after a long nap.
Back at it hard today and got to get outside and do some moving since our temps are much cooler.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #80  
the muse of memory

dgramie - I'm glad you are doing okay. I think the visit from your friend was better for you than church. I expect that this week will be difficult, but hopefully you will have time to take care of yourself and begin to heal. Three pounds ain't nothing; I bet some of it is water weight, as well. It is also cooler here, lovely weather outside. I was able to sleep without the air conditioning the last couple of nights (though I do turn it on to cool down the upstairs for an hour or two before bed). We need more days like this.

car - heh, I know the feeling. It is approaching for me, and always frustrating. I usually gain before and lose during; I'm retaining water now, though, so I think it will be soon. Ugh. All will right itself soon, though. And every week brings you closer to your goal!

Rosebud - yes, hah. I am sad that they are over! I know I will probably not pay attention to most of these events for another four years, but none-the-less enjoyed the lot of them.

I had a very domestic weekend. Went out one night (for pizza! I insisted that we not order a whole veggie pizza as we usually do, and refused leftovers. So I am fine with the pizza. And it was delicious pizza from a local place, so that was good) and went to the movies. Resisted popcorn, took a diet ginger ale with me. Otherwise: cleaned the house, mowed the grass, did some weeding and watering in the garden. Went to the farmer's market and the local farm-to-table store (they had local cheese this time! - fresh cheddar curds and fresh mozzerella), did a bunch of cooking.

There were fresh tomatillos at the farmer's market, so I made roasted vegetable enchiladas, and with homemade sauce from the tomatillos.

It was not an exciting weekend, and not a perfect weekend, but it was rather nice.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #81  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Default hi everyone

Oh Lordy its supposed to get in the high 90's thursday thru the weekend again. We rarely get those high temps and I just hate it. I dont know how y'all in the warmer areas handle it!
Old 08-14-2012, 05:15 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone....hope you ladies are doing well. Unfortunately, my laptop is on the fritz so I am unable to read posts...go figure. So...yeahs where they need to be, keep it going where the need to be, and dgramie....hope you are doing well, you are still in my thoughts.

You may not hear from me for a while. No worries. I am just currently unable to diet or weigh myself. my every so lovely lungs decided to give out on me and fill up with carbon dioxide instead of oxygen, so I am sitting in ICU with an old laptop that barely runs on the hospital's dinosaur aged net. but just wanted to say hi, you ladies have become my support away from home and just wanted to let you know why I haven't been around. Good news is, things can only get better from here!
Old 08-14-2012, 07:07 AM   #83  

HUGS zoesmom!! please keep us posted on your health and know we are praying for you!!
Old 08-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #84  
the muse of memory

Quote:
Oh Lordy its supposed to get in the high 90's thursday thru the weekend again. We rarely get those high temps and I just hate it. I dont know how y'all in the warmer areas handle it!
Two words: air conditioning.

(Maybe four: cute sandals.)

I hope you survive the hot temperatures! We are having a break from them all week. I have slept three straight nights without the a/c. It is really, really nice. I'm sad to see summer beginning to disappear (kids around here went back to school last week!) but look forward to more of this lovely warm-but-not-hot weather.

Oh, zoesmom - how awful! I am so sorry you are stuck in the hospital (in the ICU no less). That cannot be pleasant by any stretch of the imagination. Here's to your pulmonologist and respiratory therapist - I hope they will get your lungs working again soon. Please take care and know that you are in our thoughts!
Old 08-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #85  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

jen ~ sending up ^prayers^ that your lungs will heal; and for wisdom for your doctors for the best treatments too. The most important thing right now is to get better ...

dGramie ~ I agree, you'll get that 3 lbs off in no time; it is probably water-weight anyways ...

MNEM ~ we are blessed to have cooler weather here this week (and today); it did get a bit warmer yesterday so had the fans on to bring cool air in last night. I still get hot flashes (menopause time here) and woke up sweating in the middle of the night again. It seems to come and go in rushes for me but I'll be OK. WOW -- sounds like you got lots of work done yesterday.

Doing great with the food this week too; filling up on salads and more veggies -- it helps a lot. Have a good one, ladies (and any gents lurking) ...
Old 08-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #86  

I have a major case of the blahs today. I think the gloomy weather is a big part of it. Im ready for cooler weather but not gloom.
Food today has been good and a healthy dinner is planned. I do need to increase the water a bit more today.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #87  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Smile hello all

Oh no, zoesmom! Take care and I hope to see you back on here and feeling better lickety split! (does anyone even say lickety split anymore? lol)

I'm doing well, just tired from my workout. Pushed myself today. 3h15m of cardio. Just tired and keeping my posts short.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:43 PM   #88  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

zoesmom, please get better soon! You're in my thoughts! Like everyone else said the most important thing is for you to get better.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #89  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

do you know what I love about you American ladies is that you are so open about your faith. Zoesmom I will be praying for you my lovely I am so sorry your lungs are misbehaving. How on earth do you cope with chronic illness without the NHS? It must addd so much stress to an already difficult situation.
Haven't exercised at all for a few days as I have had a tummy bug and boy have I missed it. My dogs are in a big sulk with me but I am hoping to get out for a short walk tomorrow.
Take care
Old 08-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #90  
the muse of memory

I hope everyone's doing well. Zoe's mom, if you are lurking but not posting, you are well in my thoughts. I hope you get all the care you require. I imagine this is stressful on you and your family.

And dgramie - I hope your week is going well, that the gloomy weather has given way to some lovely blue skies, like we had here this morning.

Rosebud - ahh, see. I like to have the air moving when it is warm, too. And even when it is cool outside, the house can just hold onto heat, especially at night. Years ago in the south people had sleeping porches - screened in porches and balconies where you could go sleep in the cool night air (without worrying about mosquitos and the like), but of course that wouldn't work anymore. We have a/c anyway. Oh, and once when I was in Hana, Hawai'i - it is on the island of Maui, no more than 70 miles from the main resort area around Lahaina, but it takes a solid three hours to get there - we stayed at a hotel that did not have a/c. At the time, there were just two hotels in Hana. One was super expensive and exclusive, and this one was more affordable. I was sharing the room (which was sort of a two-room suite) with two other people. There was a ceiling fan in the bedroom, with a double bed that they shared. It was too hot in the living room for me to sleep (more humid than hot! - but still, this was in the rain forest) so I slept on the balcony in a recliner. No way could I sleep like that now.

It was nice, lovely and cool(er) outside, and so quiet there, since most tourists drive out to Hana and back to Lahaina in one day. This huge full moon in a remarkably dark night sky, the sort of depth of darkness around that one only finds in the wilderness and on the sea. I slept beautifully lulled by the sound of the ocean, which I can still remember. Woke up covered in mosquito bites. Covered. That was so inadvisable.

We have had nice weather most of the week, some rain, rather cool. It is to be warmer today, but should be lovely for the weekend. My neighbor is going to Spain today, and will be away for a month. This means she will not spoil my cat with treats like fresh tuna. Galahad is in mourning already.

I bought a dress on clearance at CJ Banks and wore it today. It is shorter than I would normally wear, but pretty, different colors of blues. I had to throw on a shrug to feel comfortable, but I'm really pleased with it. I couldn't've have worn it 10 lbs ago. (Plus it was only $12.99!).

Here's to a wonderful end of the week, all!
Closed Thread