Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Default 300+ and getting fit after 40 - #296

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of being fit when you have a significant amount of weight to lose which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #2  

March will be a great month for me - how about you?
Old 03-01-2012, 07:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I think many of us need March to be better than February.

I spent over 1/2 the day at the vet yesterday. My poor guy doesn't really have a diagnosis. On the plus side, we ruled out a lot of nasty things, and there's a chance this was an acute event. AND the dog is doing really well... so there's hope.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #4  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

FINALLY, after plugging along losing tenths of a pound each week I had a woosh! Just back from WW and I lost 3 lbs. last week. Good thing cause the teeny, tiny losses were driving me nuts. It was a great way to start the month.

Deb: Sorry to hear about your friend's passing. I'm sure you'll celebrate the good times you had together.

Heather: Glad the pup is doing better. Paigey Pointer sends him a big, sloppy, get well kiss.

Choose to listen to your inner voice, not the jumbled opinions of everyone else. It’s your road, and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #5  

Height: 5'11"

Congrats, Judy! That's a loss to celebrate!

I have not had a good 2 weeks -- I've made the best decisions I can, but I've been above my calories 6 of the last 14 days. Pfui.

I've decided that March will be (has to be) different!!! First thing, the easy thing, is that I won't let circumstances dictate my life to me. Every single day I was over my limit was a day we ate out. It's great to see our friends and family, but I don't need to make a feast of it! To be fair, I have been avoiding caloric beverages -- no wine with dinner! -- which has been difficult, but I have succeeded. I shudder to think what my calorie count would have been like if I hadn't stuck to that rule!!! The next step will be sticking to my rule: dining out only on Wednesday nights. I had to skip my training both days this week and one day last week to fit in these visits, and I'm not going to do that any more. I think those are the only 2 rules I broke, but they were doozies!

So here's to a fabulous March for us all!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #6  

Yay Judy!

I made a commitment to myself I will get to my class every session this time AND that I will hit 1,000 minutes of exercise. I can already tell the difference I feel both physically and mentally since I've been exercising more. Now I want even more!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #7  
Marshmallow Chica

S/C/G: 348/328/150

Height: 5'4

Default Not yet 40

I may not be 40 yet, but I am over 300, which is a very scary weight for me. In October my mother had 11 small heart attacks and I went on low-carb, and in just a few weeks I fell off the wagon (which i'm sure we have all done), but when I heard about a month ago, about my long distance cousin, who was 37 died of a massive heart attack, leaving 6 children, a husband, and disabled parents behind, I decided enough was enough! So low-carb bound I went on Febuary 14, I know right, why Valentines day, well it had to a day, and that's just when I started. My biggest problem of being overweight was not being able to walk across campus, or even around the grocery store, without being short of breath. I developed asthma two years ago, and I NEVER want to have breathing issues ever again. I joined tan and tone robotics last friday and have worked out 45 min every day so far. I just took the March Exercise Challenge to do 540 minutes. So here I am 34, divorced, no children, blood sugars begining to level out, and some weight and inches coming off...
I wish the BEST of luck to everyone!!
Old 03-02-2012, 06:50 AM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

We are in for yet another round of bad storms today, already had a round of lighting and wind. Praying everyone in the path of these storms are safe.
Yesterday was a good day. Hubby and I have been exercising daily for a few weeks now. It feels good but the scales are not showing it yet. Calories have been good so I will keep the course.
He goes back to the dr next week and is thinking she will be decreasing some of his meds.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:10 AM   #9  

Good morning ladies, how are we perking today?

Welcome cupcake!

I am hanging in there...lost some of the water weight from last week, or was it week before last? I know time is flying by and I am standing still. GRRR, me!

That would be great Deb. (DH) I wish I could get off of all meds. Sometimes the side effects are worse than the condition! Sure hope the bad weather skips you, me too!

Yay Judy!

Carol, Exercise is good.... Now if only I could!

Walrus me too!

Heather, glad the pup is doing well.

Angela, are you out there?

Weekend, not the best of times for me. See you Mon. LOL! Ruth

Last edited by Iwillbe; 03-02-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #10  
Marshmallow Chica

S/C/G: 348/328/150

Height: 5'4

Have you ever heard of jump starting your weight loss by cheating? My mom went on low carb for over a year and was stuck after awhile, so she cheated and had one carbfull meal, and then went directly back to loosing. I had another friend who was doing weight watchers, and when she was stuck would have a high calorie, fat, carb meal and it would jump start her weight loss again. Just an idea, not everyone thinks it works, but thought i'd share... Good Luck
Old 03-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #11  

A cheat meal is dangerous for me - it's what got me to 350 lbs.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

This is a thread I need to visit often. I am 46, yikes, almost forgot and said 45. I am trying so hard and last week only lost .4. I have been OP most of the week but am having a hard time with sodium and beer. I love salty snacks from olives to pop chips. I am limiting beer consumption to weekends and only a few 67's.
This is hard to do after 40, or harder then I remember doing in my 20's.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:11 AM   #13  

cupcake- a cheat meal works for me only if I have been doing good for a long time and then make it just one meal. I tend to let one meal go into a full day and a weekend and so forth.

We were lucky that we didnt have any damage in my town. A huge funnel cloud was spotted right over us but it stayed in the air. My hometown was not as lucky, roof is off my old high school and some of the family is without power. I have alot of family that lived within 10 miles of the town that was destroyed. I am so thankful everyone is safe. Praying for the families who lost their homes or loved ones.

My grandson turned 1 yesterday. I did great and allowed myself one cupcake. It was yummy! We had a great day and he was overwhelmed. I still cant believe he is 1 and I still havent lost any weight.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:10 PM   #14  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi all, I'm still here. Sorry to have been MIA. There was my birthday, and I wasn't eating particularly well, and then I've been fighting a bad spell with neuralgia for several weeks, and I just haven't been OP, at least I haven't been logging, so I don't know how close I've been.

I'm on a new vitamin regimen that seems to be helping some; we got out for a walk today, which I think was a good idea.

And, on the upside, I haven't gained anything. Maintenance is okay, but I want to get back to some loss. Tomorrow I'm going to get back to counting my calories and trying to get some exercise in.

Happy birthday to the little one, Deb! And I'm glad your family's all okay.

Welcome cupcake and pluckypear!

Carol, I love your new pic.

Ruth, Let's get marching this month, what do you say?

Angela
Old 03-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #15  

Let all try and have a great week. I am fighting a cold. Seems like I have kept one this winter. I am blaming it on the crazy weather we are having.

Dont really have my meals planned out for the week yet. I need to sit down and do that today. I did get to the grocery store yesterday. After church I pretty much just laid around and didnt accomplish much of anything.
Closed Thread