Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 08:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #196

This thread is a sub-set of the 300+ thread.

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of having a significant amount of weight to lose and being fit which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:01 AM   #2  

In case you missed it, Debbie is giving everyone until noon today for TBL weigh-ins!
Old 02-02-2009, 10:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Morning ladies,

Thanks for the new thread, Heather. I was busy getting ebay things ready for the post office. Yay! More money for Arizona in September!

I walked dogs yesterday around the place. I got busy with ebay things and cleaning carpets that I didn't have enough time for DH to take Duke and I to walk the Amarugia.

Food was not bad yesterday as we didn't go anywhere to do a big SB party. I enjoyed a jacuzzi tub soak before the game and then had on my cow pajama's so guests might not have appreciated my jammies. I made a taco dip platter and DH made wonderful guacamole. That was our lunch and dinner.

I'm still frustrated with the scale. Very frustrated. I can feel the difference in my body but I'm just not getting numbers results. I'm upping my cardio goal for the week by 20 minutes. I'm eating around 1500 calories average for the week so I don't think going lower is the answer.

Better get to work. to all!
Old 02-02-2009, 10:31 AM   #4  

Hi all, just a quick pop-in.

I didn't do much this weekend. A couple hours of office work while watching the Superbowl, - (Go Steelers!) - read the 3rd Twilight book, cooked and cleaned the kitchen. I made awsome Chili yesterday - 2 ww pts a cup, and ate a TON of it! Seriously, some of the best chili I've ever made, so I had it for lunch and dinner! I have left over chicken caccatori (is that spelled right?) from Saturday for lunch today though.

I didn't work out at all. I often take weekends off, but this morning my DH slept in since he was well after midnight coming to bed, up doing homework, and so I had to do those things he usually does in the mornings. I'll make an effort to get on that Infernal Machine tonight though.

Gotta run! Time to dispense justice~!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:11 AM   #5  
I am HIS Workmanship

S/C/G: 310/See Slider/165

Default I've only just begun...

Hi,

I'm Donna. I'm 52 and live in East Tennessee.

I began on January 12, 2009 and have made a huge change in what I'm eating/drinking. 3 weeks ago weighing in at 310 and today the scale was kind and read 296. So it's working!

Obviously I will not always lose weight this quickly, but for now it's so nice to see the numbers going down.

Eventually adding Curves to my program, probably in March or April. Right now I'm still recovering from knee surgery, so I'm doing Aqua therapy and classes at the Wellness Center.

I have 2 kiddos. Janeen is 19, and Jonathan is 8. Jonathan is autistic, and I feel that I need to lose weight in order to keep up with him, and be there for him for as long as he needs me.

Nice to meet you all!
Donna

Last edited by iwannalose; 02-02-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:46 PM   #6  

Donna! As I told our other newcomer, we're kind of a slow thread, but real friendly! You won't get lost here like I tend to do on the other thread. You are doing GREAT! You've clearly made a great start and those big losses are SO nice at the beginning. You're right, they will slow down, I'm at the weight where I have to fight for every ounce, but if you keep up the good work, it will come off, slowly but surely!
Old 02-02-2009, 03:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Default Blc

Biggest Loser results are in!!
Old 02-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 345/345/170

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Donna!

I'm also new here and have found a great group of Ladies.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:06 PM   #9  

Terri -- Stick with it! I'm having similar problems with the scale, and so I am TRYING to look beyond the scale. I'm noticing that I'm getting more into an exercise routine and am able to push myself some more and I'm really liking that. So, I'm trying to find other rewards beyond the scale.

Course, don't tell me that when I get on the scale for the weekly WI!

Today I tried something new. I did cardio in the morning, even though hubby and I had planned to go to the gym to lift tonight. I figured a) who says I can't work out more than once and b) sometimes we cancel our workouts, and I wanted to have one out of the way. I feel GOOD tonight!
Old 02-02-2009, 08:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

We lost Spice today. My heart is just broken. I am so angry at not getting the chance to find out what was wrong and how to help her. But she had been losing weight and I had just stopped by the vets office this morning to talk to them about getting a blood test done and we were going to do that tomorrow morning. When I got home from work, I noticed that I couldn't see her as I drove up the driveway. This is just so unexpected and devastating.

I'm sorry to be such a downer. I'll be back in a few days.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #11  

Terri ==
Old 02-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Terri - I'm so very sorry. Extra hugs for my girls tonight.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:07 PM   #13  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

So sorry, Terri.

Welcome, Donna.

Heather, I think when you're maintaining you should celebrate every day how far you've come. Even if you never lose another ounce, you are so healthy and strong now! You're my idol.

Me, I'm not really losing ... but just as I think I might have seen a loss, TOM is on its way, and I always retain so much water. So I'm hoping when Tommy comes and goes that I'll see a few pounds off from where I started. I'm doing much better with exercise this time around (but hey, I've got no excuse not to). My mood is really improved from the exercise... I can tell it makes a difference, so I've got to do it whether it means a lower number on the scale or not.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:32 PM   #14  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies!

Terri - I'm so sorry about Spice. I know how frustrating that darn scale can be. As long as you keep doing the right things it will start moving!

Donna - WELCOME!! You are off to a fabulous start!

Heather - So, did you get 2 workouts in? Golly, I wish DH would exercise with me!

Vortex - You know it! Keep up that exercise and eating right and the scale will reward you after TOM.

Hi BJ, gggirls, Lilion...

I'm exhausted and going to bed very shortly. DH and I were up talking/fighting/discussing... until the wee hours of the morning and then my 3.5 yo kept me up the rest of the night. I'm emotionally and physically drained tonight. Why are men so darn difficult????

Night Friends!
Old 02-02-2009, 10:23 PM   #15  

WE HAVE POWER!!! It came on tonight. I am so excited!!! We also got water back today. It has been down due to problems at the pumping station. Thank God for propane heaters..gas stoves..candles! It was an adventure and I feel like we did great through it.It was alot of work!! We filled our coolers with icles which were everywhere to keep our food cold. I was able to cook and heat water for neighbors to have coffee. We had to boil water to bathe and even do dishes.
I didnt do to well with dieting..or true exercise. I havent stepped on the scales in a few days and will do that in the morning. Im sure I am up a few lbs. Not been drinking enough water either...had to conserve!
Thanks for all the thought and prayers. My kids got power back today also but my parents and hubbys family are all still without power. I can truly say I hope I never have to go thru anything like this again!!!
We are so lucky and thankful for all the crews from other states here helping us!!
hugs to all..
Closed Thread