Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 07:01 AM   #46  

Height: 5'7"

have a great week everyone!!
Old 03-12-2012, 07:48 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Monday. Exam week. Mounds of grading continues.

But yesterday was POP with exercise -- today's food will be again!!
Old 03-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #48  

Height: 5'11"

I'm loving the weather we're having -- got a nice long walk in yesterday and have planned more for every weekend day! Trying to figure out ways to stop work responsibilities from interfering with my day-to-day plans -- but that may take a while.

Have a great week, everyone!
Old 03-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #49  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Yesterday was as close to a food blowout as I care to get. Used a lot of weekly points that I don't like to use.

Today I spent the day outdoors. Packed a lunch and snacks and am totally back OP!

Part of the fun was watching the Pointer stalk a huge wooly bear caterpillar across a gravel drive way for 5 minutes. When she finally caught up to the caterpillar she stepped around to it's head, carefully sniffed it, and stepped aside, with the most quizzical look on her face, to let it continue on it's way.

Hope everyone's having a great Monday!
Old 03-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #50  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

ARG. Really having trouble getting back on track. I'm really lucky not to have regained. But I've still lost ground, since I'm not exercising and not tracking, and I keep eating things I know I shouldn't. The only good thing is that when I eat those things, I'm at least compensating by cutting down on other eating. That, I guess, is what's kept me from gaining.

Okay. So, Tuesday is another day. I have a loose plan, and that's all I'm going to try to hold myself to.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Angela
Old 03-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #51  

Not sure what I think about this super warm weather. I opened windows yesterday and I refuse to turn on the air in march. Hubby said it was too warm upstairs to sleep. I checked and it was 79 in our bedroom. Guess its time to drag out the fans.

hoping to get outside more today. The wind kept me inside till the kidos left. I dug up some pansies and planted them into pots.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Angela - I remember so well when you took one meal a day to make POP (because I adopted it also). Great to see you!
Old 03-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #53  

Wow, exam week. Students hate it, but so do teachers.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #54  

I thought I had better check in before you all thought I had kicked the bucket.

I feel a little bit as if that could happen. There is some kind of virus going around and it got into our local nursing home, I think I may be its next victim. I don't feel as bad today as the last couple, but oh my, you don't want it!
I wouldn't recommend it as a weight loss method.

I hope you are all well and doing great with OP. Ruth
Old 03-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #55  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Feel better fast Ruth. It's too nice out to be sick.

Angela: Take Toddler steps. Your baby steps have kept you from gaining. Carol's right. If you can't manage a whole day yet pick one meal that is OP. We're rootin' for you ya know.

So far today has been OP. Picked up some turkey burgers and a huge box of strawberries at the market. I'm thinking of doing an asparagus turkey burger for dinner. Will layer cooked asparagus and roasted red peppers on the burger and have it w/a salad and some berries.

“Success requires backbone, not wishbone.”
Old 03-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Jumping in guys!

I've been MIA because I had a little "ouchie" (concussion). I was supposed to drive to Southern Idaho with my sister and help my parents prepare/pack and sell things for their big move back to CA. Thursday the 1st I saw my cardiologist and it was great news that I am doing so much better and all of the exercise is paying off etc.

Struggling with low blood pressure because I'm on a ton of meds for my heart condition that all have a side effect of lowering your bp. So, playing around with all my meds again for a while it looks like unless I want to stop exercising and I don't. Low blood Pressure on the 1st caused me to pass out hitting my head... leading to concussion. So, I was grounded and not able to go help my parents who are struggling with all of their tasks. I feel like a horrid daughter but... I can't help it at this time so I need to move on.

I came back to 3fc with the intent to visit with you guys at least once a week so, here I am back again. lol.

I got my bod pod and a goal weight. That is something that I really have never gotten from a Doc before. Well, technically I still didn't get a goal weight from the Doc. I got it from his Nutritionist and it is an "iffy" weight due to all of the extra skin and the Bod Pod not knowing what category to throw it into. So, I am going with the nutritionist's goal weight for me of 194. She put me on higher calories which I'm finding it almost impossible to meet so that is a struggle. I have been an exercising maniac even if it is crunches or riding the stationary bike here at home between dizzy spells and nausea

I have made it to the gym at least 3 times a week to lift weights and I've only lost 6 pounds since 2-10-12 but...... I have can again fit into my size 14 jeans! That is so huge for me since I started my journey in a 6X that was made of all stretchy material. So, I wouldn't wear my 14's in public but I can zip em up and all. It amazes me how much muscle must change your body. It's exciting for me to have a goal weight that seems "doable". I felt amazingly good at 211 and the size 14 were a bit loose so, I may readjust my goal weight but maybe not.

I have been focusing on a thing where I were out called the "Kroc Man". February was the swimming portion which 2.4 miles. You could go at your own pace and I started it after the 10th so I was pleased when I finished it in 10 swim times. This month is the biking portion and that is 126 miles and I started that on the 6th of this month and today I have only 69 miles left to go of that. Next month is the running/walking portion and that will be 26 miles. (Just like the Ironman only at your own pace instead of all in one day). I'm having fun achieving the goals and it feels awesome to see my weight come down along with my jeans sizes.

I'm sorry that this was all about me hopefully next time I will be able to "catch up" with you all! Been praying for my dear sweet "chicks" in the tornado areas.

Hugs and huge blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 03-14-2012, 06:46 AM   #57  

Broke down and turned on the AC yesterday it was 81 in the house as well as outside, strange weather for March!
I took the kids for a walk yesterday...man is that twin stroller heavy with 2 kids that are near 30lbs each.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:03 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Angela - thinking of you.

Heather - how's the grading and last week for you? Do you get a break soon?

Ruth - thanks for checking in - please take care of yourself and kick that virus right to the curb. Hugs my friend.

Judy - sounds like a wonderful birding outing. More in store?

Annie - so glad to see you. I'm still working to get some pounds off I found too. I love the exercise challenge - I'm doing all water right now since my knees were screaming in the gym. I think cardio is hardest in the water.

Deb - warm here too - panting dogs in March doesn't usually happen.

Stay strong!
Old 03-14-2012, 11:32 PM   #59  

Hi all! Great to hear from Annie!!

Exams and papers all graded and final grades submitted!

Everything packed for our vacation!

Hubby and I are taking vacation -- I may check in, I may not.

I'll be back middle of next week!!
Old 03-15-2012, 06:33 AM   #60  

heather- We promise to behave while your away!! Have fun and relax!!

annie- so great to hear from you! Im still working on losing what I regained. It is a slow process!!

judy- your burger sounds interesting!!

ruth- hugs and please get feeling better!!

walrus- great to see you , hope your having a good week.

angela- your worth it so take the steps to make it happen! Are you enjoying this beautiful weather?? Im hoping to get a stroll in before the storms hit today.
Closed Thread