Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #76  

Height: 5'11"

I seem to do ok 5-6 days a week, but there is always one day where my mind is more powerful than my body, and I eat more than I should. Last night, it was cheese. Lovely, lovely cheese. But still. I think part of me is frustrated because I was, if not POP, at least in the permitted range, last week, and I somehow went up a pound and a half. Frustrating. I thought it might be a temporary fluctuation, but I weighed again this morning, and there it was. I don't really get it -- even with the 1420 "extra" calories I ate last week (~200/day), and the 680 calories I was "short" in exercise last week (burned 403/day in intentional exercise), I should still have lost at least a pound, if not a pound and a half. And instead, that's what I gained. Pfui.

I'm not going to give up, in any sense, or even get off track, like I did from September through January, but it is totally discouraging.

Here's looking for a better week this week!

Last edited by TheWalrus; 03-19-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #77  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Didn't do well yesterday at all. I copied WALRUS - several great days and a crash. Wish I knew why I'm having a hard time. I know I've got to tighten my belt and do more preplanning. Tummy's been bothering me a bit too and I've been eating to make it feel better. Gotta go get some antacids and try them instead of foody things.

WHOA CAROL: Talk about scary! So glad you're okay.
I take my purse everywhere and once I get into the store put it in the kids seat and latch the seat belt through the handle to make it harder to grab. It stays attached until I get to the car with the cart.

I'm planning on today being 100% on track. I'm going to remember to love my self and recognize that if I don't take care of myself no one else will.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Happy Monday Everyone

Plucky: I had to get the weight off me fast because of heart issues so, I opted to have Gastric Bypass in 2007. I first was on a liquid diet from Aprl 16th 2007 until August 2007 well, actually after my surgery and I could eat regular food again. I was too fat for weight loss surgery to be done in a healthy way. I exercised about 5 hours per day. Not all at once but like I'd go jump on the trampoline for 5-10 min a few times a day. I swim/swam a ton every day. Walked as much as my legs could carry me and also rode my stationary bike about 5-10 min at a time until I could do more. It was super hard and It has been almost 5 years for me since my weight loss surgery. I lost all the way down to -299 pounds which put me at 211. I saw the scale say 210 for like one minute and I stepped off to go get my camera to take a picture and it went to 211 and never back to 210! Frustrated. lol.

I had a heart attack in 2009 after losing 299 pounds and found out that I was born with a heart defect. I didn't know I had it and if I hadn't lost the weight Dr's are saying my chances of survival would have been slim. So, I'm blessed to be alive and have another day to move my body. I am working really hard to hit my goal of 196 pounds. That should put me at around 29%ish fat % on my body. So, that is what I'm shooting for. Whatever tool you use, I know you can do it. I have seen many people at weight loss surgery support group that have had surgery and gained all of their weight back. It is super sad when we gain weight back no matter how we lose it. You can do it!!!

J-Ann: Thanks I am so sad right now and home sick that I would love to have some company but.... I would just about die if anyone saw how dirty my floors are right now. It snows and then melts and I have two big doggies that live mostly in the house with us and when they come in from outside and there is no snow, that means there is dry grass and mud. lol. Hard to keep my hardwood floors clean!

Carol: My goodness! Thank God that you were not hurt over the wallet thing! In 2002 I was in Souther CA visiting my sister and inside of the Albertson's grocery store a lady came up to my cart and started going through my purse and trying to pull my wallet out. I couldn't believe the nerve. I warned her that if she continues she will get hit. That didn't stop her. I ended up hitting her that still didn't stop her. I went to the customer service and she ran out of the store. I told them what happened and the customer service appologized and said that yes, they have those types of problems daily. I was shocked and also ready to go back home where it wasn't so bad yet. lol. Hugs friend.

Debi: Hope your tummy is better now.

Ruth Hi there.

Walrus: UGH. Calories, calories. If you have too many you gain. If you have too few, you stay the same or gain. It is so hard. I really struggle with calories. I was basically trying to starve myself out of having congestive heart failure and well, it was working in reverse. Our bodies are such finely tuned machines. It is amazing when we get the right combo and then they up and change the locks. lol. You can do it. Hang tough!

Well all, I am pretty sad today. I was planning on lifting weights as I do on M-W-F and I am having too low of blood pressure or too high. I am super dizzy and stuff so I can't really drive. It makes me sad when I can't move my body. I need to try to not be so rigid with myself. If I get a chance I will jump on the bike and ride some (stationary) and then maybe do some of the floor work for tummies from Jillian Michael's 30 Day shred.

Does anyone on here have the Wii Zumba? If so, what do you think of it?

Hugs and blessings,
Annie
Old 03-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #79  

Wii Zumba sounds interesting!

Sorry you are still having BP fluctuations, Annie. I hear ya about the floors. Not much snow this winter, but lots of rain and mud. Doggies are outside sunning themselves right now. They are so stinky right now and need baths.

So 3 or so months ago, I played scale roulette and was using a digital that died. Then I got an analog, but eventually that scale that was so off my Dr's scale. I thought I was weighing WAY lower than the doc's, but when the 2nd doctor's office verified the first doc's, I knew I had to chuck the thing. So fast forward to this weekend. I have not really counted any of my wt losses while doing the Lifeboat series. I want to get where I thought I was 3 months ago before counting it (yes, I know.. strange logic and head games). Well, one of the guys asked me if I had lost weight since the last time I saw him (3-4 months ago!). Yay!!! Made my weekend (I was camping, er "Glamping" with my strange group of teardrop trailer owners).

I had a great time camping this weekend and ate lots of protein and did lots of walking. Our group even saved a grumpy snapping turtle from being run over in the road and pushed her to the side.

One of the ladies who camps with us has a farm. She brought an amazing amount of eggs from her chickens. She gave me 2 dozen to take home. These are great fresh eggs with nearly bright orange yolks. There were 14 people and I think we plowed through nearly 9 dozen eggs (some were kinda small.. still yummy!). Our camp hosts (it was their farm land we were on) made corned beef and cabbage in honor of St.Paddy's day. We ate that for every meal too.

Hugs to all,
Ratkity
Old 03-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Annie-thankyou for sharing some of your journey and encouraging me. Wow so much work you have put into your weight loss and continue to do so. I think I am better suited this time to keep weight off as I am less obsessed with numbers, well sometimes, on the scale and more focused on eating for health and exercising for the way it makes me feel well.

Carol-yes glad you are safe. I had my wallet stole from my purse without bodily injury but man was it a pain. I was so silly. I left my purse hanging open on a chair while I was dancing. I figured it was safe because friends were at the table. I did not notice my wallet until the next day. I had cash, my SIN card, my birth certificate (if you can believe that), gift cards from Christmas and movie passes in it. sigh I will never do that again.

Ratkitty-looked at the teardrop trailers online to see what it was and soooo cool and cute. Do you cook in it or just sleep and hangout? I love that they can be pulled by small cars. If I had one of those I might go back to camping, my tent days are over.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi All,

Getting ready to go speak at a weight loss surgery seminar. It has been so long since I did that so I'm kind of nervous. It probably won't be full or anything because it is miserable outside right now. Rain, wind, I think I saw the Wicked Witch of the West fly by here too

Rat: I love that you go "Glamping" I think that is the way I would want to camp now that I get cold so easily. Yippee for saving the grumpy turtle! Love the NSV too sweetie. You go girl! Nice to hear other's seeing changes in our bodies even if we can't see them yet.

Plucky: Good for you. You have such a great positive outlook! That will get you far. I wish I didn't have to step on the scale daily. One of my heart conditions requires it to keep a check on my water weight. If I am up too much then I have to take another 1/2 of a Lasix so it's a bummer but I need to learn that it doesn't define me!

Well, Just checking in to say hello to you all.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 03-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #82  

Height: 5'11"

Ugh. Bad, bad day. I ended up overeating by 300 calories, which is not what I had planned. I repeat: UGH.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #83  

Annie, good luck at your seminar! I am convinced that all your hard work with your WLS tool has kept you alive for a reason (one of the reasons is selfish - so I can talk to you on the forums). I'm still flabbergasted that your heart condition was so misdiagnosed for so long. Enough of that lamenting for you! You are so powerful and strong.

Walrus, 300 calories isn't a whole pizza like I used to eat when I blew it for the day. Hang in there!!

j-ann, I am doing therapy to figure out some of my reasons why I emotionally eat. It's been enlightening and difficult, but I think in the end, totally worth it all. I understand the bad days vs the good days. That's what got me to 350+. The lifeboaters are helping me tremendously.

Pluck, I love my teardrop camper. It's a reverse teardrop (http://www.littleguyrt.com/) and does not have a galley to cook in. It has extra storage instead. I camp with some folks who have built their own and others who have purchased theirs. We are a colorful bunch! The fun part is being outside, but having something off the ground and comfy to sleep inside. We set up tacky lights and hang signs and tell tall tales around the campfire. I play a little guitar music and have a rendition of Toby Keith's Red Solo Cup. Other folks in the park always come around to check out our little campers. Even the land yacht people get jealous and come out of their campers to look at our Glamping style.

I end up cooking on the picnic table when camping at state parks. I rarely cook major stuff. I like to have premade stuff to snack on. No camper ever has left hungry at our gatherings!!

Hugs to all,
Ratkity

Last edited by Ratkitten; 03-20-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:51 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Good morning all - stay strong!
Old 03-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #85  

75º at Noon. This is so wrong in mid March.

I'm aiming for a great OP day. Breckie and lunch OP and over with. Dinner and snack are preplanned. I have no reason to fail.

Last edited by j-ann; 03-21-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Okay, I'm back! Had a nice, relaxing (though much too short) vacation.

Ready to eat healthy again (got a bit off track on vacation).
Old 03-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #87  

Quick stop - just want to say weigh in was good to me. Lost another 1.6 lbs.!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:20 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Way to go Judy.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:04 AM   #89  

Just stopping by to let you all know I am still here.

My son was in an accident at work and was crushed between a truck and trailer. The only thing that saved him was a tank on the back of the truck. He has a crushed pelvis and is still in hospital. In a lot of pain of course. Good thing he is tall or it would have been worse. (he is 6'5"). Prayers would be appreciated.

I am so happy that I have a wonderful cyber family. I do count my blessings every day. I am not sure why bad things happen to good people, but they do. It is all part of living.

Have a wonderful weekend. DD
Old 03-23-2012, 07:10 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Oh Ruth - please keep us posted. Hugs to you too my dear friend.

Welcome back Heather!
Closed Thread