Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 08:17 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/169

Height: 5'7"

I am currently 302.8lbs, up from 273 at 3 weeks pp. (i had my son 11/20/10, and i was 273 by 12/8/10)
my highest known weight was 307lbs. i actually lose weight pretty quickly when i stay on plan. but i never stay on plan because i have a comfort food addiction and im lazy as ****. (and the truth shall set me free)
i even like to work out once i start. but i have issues starting. cuz im lazy (more truth, and it hurts)
but i shall struggle along with all you lovely chicks until i see the 2 in front of my number again. then struggle some more until i see onederland.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:34 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 335/313.6

Height: 5'4

well this morning was 311.6

georgia- i am glad lex took away those 5 pounds he never should of gave you to start with!!!! what is your eating window with IF
when i stay on IF and low carb, i usually lose half a pound to a pound a day, just a matter of sticking to it faithfully everyday, and not screwing up too bad on birthday party days haha!!!! what is your carb count at? i tried counting my calories and then i tried calorie counting and keeping my carbs under 100, and now i am just eating low carb, no counting, im losing and since i am not counting, food hasn't been my focus, i love my new found freedom!

mysty-you are so close to getting out of the 3's!!!!!!!!! woohoo!!!!!!!you can do it girl, and then tell us how good it feels to be on the other side!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:19 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

I feel so close I can almost taste it and then I feel so far. I was 317 when I checked in this morning that seems so far away (obviously can't get to the 300's in a week from that) and yet so close (I'm squiiiishing back into my size 22 jeans I probably shouldn't be but I feel like I want that snug feeling to remind me of how far I need to go rather than the 'loose' feeling I get wearing my 24's.

I know right now just seeing below 310 would be a great moral booster a reassurance that I am getting somewhere!
Old 04-20-2011, 02:05 AM   #34  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Mysty - I am sooooooooo rooting for you! OMG! When you break past it, start the 290 club! And I promise to meet you, eventually, on the other side!

Repto - I eat between noon and 8. Can't quit earlier than that because of our schedule at home, but I definitely taper off calories at dinner.

I used to allow myself up to 135 gm carbs, according to what my Pilates coach suggested, but I didn't lose weight at that level. On IF I'm finding I can keep a better lid on the carbs without trying too hard. I've kept it under 110 gm this week. Want to drop it down to 100 gm. I'm really sensitive to the carbs.

I'm going to hang tough with the IF till Easter Sunday supper. It'll be a controlled feast for me, and I'll be done eating by 8, as usual. We'll see how that goes on Monday's weigh-in. After that, there are no more eating events until July 4. I'm going to a conference near San Francisco next month, but the food there will be prepared by a chef who is into healthy clean eating. So, hopefully no problems with choices there, and I can easily sleep in and skip the breakfast.

I weighed 313 today. That was a bounce from 310 to 315 to 320 to 315 to 313 in 10 days. I want to break past 310 this week!
Old 04-20-2011, 01:53 PM   #35  

So I weighed myself this AM before I got dressed and actually saw 310.8 even though I know I was dehydrated and whatever from yesterdays busy busy don't have time to eat time its motivating. I feel like its been forever since I've reached that. Globelewis we will see below 310 sooon. (I have a party to attend the night before my weigh in so probably not this sunday for me but maybe next?) Part of me wants to just workout for 10 hours straight to see if I can get it to drop off , but I know that's not sane or healthy. I just want it so bad right now I need to feel accomplished!
Old 04-20-2011, 11:25 PM   #36  
Renaissance Woman

l went to Pilates this morning. I am so sore now!

Spent the day running errands for my mother. Went to see her four times today! Wanted to stop and do drive-thru all afternoon. It's a good thing I had my trusty Droid with me. I pulled over and looked up all the fast food places to see what kind of oil they use to fry their French fries in. They all use a vegetable oil blend with soy in it.

Well, after last week's fiasco with soy, I sucked it up and made myself go to Trader Joe's for my last bit of shopping for Mom. I bought a package of hard-cooked eggs and an organic wholewheat sourdough baguette and had a picnic in the car. When I got to Mom's, she had cooked some beet tops and dandelion greens (my favorites). By the time I was done eating that, it was nearly 7. So I just went home.

It's after 8 now. I'm not hungry, and it's after my eating window on IF. Except for drinking water, I am done with the kitchen for the night. Came in under caloric limit by 90 calories. Hope I don't wake up famished. Hope Lex is sweet to me in the morning and rewards me with a loss!
Old 04-21-2011, 01:31 AM   #37  

Lex be kind to Georgia!

I hope my unnamed scale is kind to me in the morning as well.

Dunno had caffiene late in the day and salt early evening so we'll see i'm still hoping I can see a promising number again tomorrow morning. To have my 310.8 be something trending rather than a fluke.

I had a great step class, need to do something on my own tomorrow and friday. Since classes are cancelled due to Goodfriday/Easter Monday I'm flying solo for a while :-| that's scary!
Old 04-21-2011, 12:03 PM   #38  
Renaissance Woman

311.5...Wish me great strength today. Lunching with girlfriends. Wine is involved. If I can keep it to a minimum at lunch, I can stop at Whole Foods and reward myself with something tasty and OP for the 1.5 hour drive home.

Been enjoying the Starbucks Shaken Passion Iced Tea - unsweetened. It's tart for sure! But I like that. And I get the new bladder-busting size. For some reason, as the weather warms up, water doesn't taste very good. It's time for me to make my own iced teas at home.

Have a lovely day!
Old 04-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #39  
Looking for the 200's

S/C/G: 325/311.4/174

Height: 6'0

My goal is to be out of the 300's by the end of April. I have 9 day to lose 7 lbs. I think I can do it I have lost 14 since april 4th.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #40  

309 ! Can't wait until that is 'real' I didn't have time for supper last night after working out I came back to work and my roomate had made pizza but I didn't have any because it was way too late to et and I couldn't stomach the idea of dealing with a major gain in the AM (all that salt ontop of all those calories and all that refined carbohydrate :/ tastes so good but makes me retain water like crazy!). I'm sure I already weigh a ton more than that now that I have some food and coffee in me. But the # as an recent-lowest posted weight is still encouraging. I am starting to HOPE again that I can really make progress here.

Georgia, I am on a tea kick again trying to cut down on coffee esp since my workmates have started to put SALT in our coffee, and I never know until I sip it. I'd rather straight up bitter , no sugar no salt. It's still coldddd here so I am drinking my tea hot/warm. But in summer I like it cold, even flavours like green mint etc

Milliej - I believe you can if your heart is set on it. That's a lot of work for 9 days but it will be fun to try!
Old 04-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #41  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

I am at 329 and I can feel the 200s creeping closer... But I don't want to rush it because it won't be healthy
Old 04-21-2011, 10:49 PM   #42  
Renaissance Woman

I'm so exhausted! Over three hours of driving in traffic and four hours of chatting with women. My ears are tired too! It was a nice luncheon, nice to catch up with old friends. GORGEOUS home...really, not possible to have a house like that and have children and a dog, or even me, living in it. It had an elevator!

Did okay with the food, and I think I'm done eating for the night. It's not even 7. I'm going to let my kids fend for themselves. I just want to lay down.

No exercise today. Odd that sitting in a car for that long and sitting at a table for that long and basically eating, talking and driving makes me so tired. I just looked it up on MyPlate...driving burns around 300 calories an hour. Really!!!??? Hey, I did exercise!

Silent - Woohoo! Congrats for breaking past 310! I know what you mean about it feeling real.

I have NEVER heard of putting salt in one's coffee. Just looked that up. It's to combat the bitterness. Hmmm. How much salt are they using? The article I read used just a pinch in a pot of coffee.

Oh Millie...you must be in your 20s! Your goal is a dream of a distant past for me. I'm rooting for you!

Lynn - I'm on the slow and steady race with you!
Old 04-21-2011, 11:29 PM   #43  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

306 this morning... at this point if I can be under 300 by the end of May I'll be very, very happy.

And I think I actually CAN.... next week is last week of classes for this semester. I'm teaching in May, but it's only one class, so I should be able to have a nice, regular schedule, which always helps me eat right and should help me keep up with exercise too.

Angela
Old 04-21-2011, 11:57 PM   #44  

@globe - I think I am just sensitive b/c A- I'm cutting down my sodium b/c of my blood pressure and B I drink my coffee without adding anything, straight up no sugar, no milk etc. So i notice the difference... I LIKE the bitter I guess I am not getting on a scale tomorrow I was horrid for supper sallllty... bad for my bp and bad for my moral when the water sticks on.

Angela I know you can keep consistent
Old 04-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #45  
Renaissance Woman

Silent, I was experience weight gain while on bp meds and diuretic. I know, counter-productive. Annoyed the heck out of me too! I got fed up, stopped taking them altogether, gained more weight. BP went up, a little, then came down. My bp was more affected by stress than anything. Once the big stressors went away, or I got better at managing them, then the bp started to come back down again.

I've never had problems with salt and bp, but I thought I'd try cutting back. No change in bp or weight. Recently I started taking cranberry capsules for a UTI. I noticed a quick drop in weight, about five pounds, from water retention. Did more reading on it. Cranberry is a much better diuretic than many prescription diuretics. It doesn't dump potassium like the drugs do. On days when I've had a little extra salt, I take two caps.

I should have taken more when I had eaten the soy. Maybe I wouldn't have gained the 10 lbs that week!
Closed Thread