Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 11:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 303/303/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi, I'm new, but I'm right there with everyone in wanting out of 300-land. I'm currently at 303, but I started the year at 311. Unfortunately, only 8 pounds in nearly 4 months, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I'm told that slow and steady is the way to go, though. There's so much conflicting advice that I receive on a daily basis that I don't really know what to do other than what I've tried already.

In any case, I'm glad to be a part of this forum. I feel like success IS possible, thanks to reading everyone's positive, uplifting posts.

-ff
Old 04-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #17  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenFyre View Post
Hi, I'm new, but I'm right there with everyone in wanting out of 300-land. I'm currently at 303, but I started the year at 311. Unfortunately, only 8 pounds in nearly 4 months, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I'm told that slow and steady is the way to go, though. There's so much conflicting advice that I receive on a daily basis that I don't really know what to do other than what I've tried already.

In any case, I'm glad to be a part of this forum. I feel like success IS possible, thanks to reading everyone's positive, uplifting posts.

-ff
WELCOME FF!!! you can do it and we will support ya!!! Good Luck and hope to hear more from ya.

Lynn
Old 04-16-2011, 12:59 PM   #18  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Woah! Abbysue! You rock!!! Great momentum!

FrozenFyre - you're soooooo close! I know it's frustrating to lose weight so slowly. I share your frustrations...I'm just coming off the world's longest plateau, and my body is doing everything it can to go backwards when I'm not looking! A benefit from my very slow weight loss is that my skin already took up the slack from the first 40 lbs. We'll get there!

I'm having to change my gameplan again. I get caught up with crunching the numbers and manipulating when and what and how much that I forget to just live. I don't want to make my life about dieting and exercise. I want my life to be about living! I'll keep tracking the calories and carbs and minutes of exercise, but not so obsessively. I got things to do! And the laundry is piling up!
Old 04-16-2011, 07:22 PM   #19  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Congrats, Abbysue!

So, does everyone have a plan for how you'll celebrate when you get there?

Angela
Old 04-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 335/313.6

Height: 5'4

here is the link to the forum on IF, a lot of people dog it, but as you can see a lot people like it, it has really helped me

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...t-fasting.html
Old 04-17-2011, 01:05 PM   #21  

angelai have no idea what i will do when i get there, maybe a new shirt or something like that, now if money wasn't an option i would probably throw a party!!!
Old 04-17-2011, 01:10 PM   #22  

to the carb counters--do you actually count your carbs or just eat low carb, bc i love not counting and writing anything down, i did it for over 2 months and it didn't get me anywhere, somewhere like 8 pounds my first month, and 2 pounds my second month, i still have roughly a week in my 3rd month left and i am almost at 10 pounds, so i am guessing what i am doing is working, and for whatever reason, low calorie doesn't work for me, and i was doing it right, with the fruits, veggies, stuck to whole wheat, measured everything out. blah...what a waste of a 2 months i guess
i wish it would of worked..so i could of had a wider range of food
Old 04-17-2011, 02:25 PM   #23  
Renaissance Woman

Angela, I'm already moving forward with plans to celebrate breaking past 300 lbs. I am cleaning out my bedroom this weekend, throwing out things that no longer fit me. I'm hoping that by the time I break past 300, the three pairs of size 24 jeans will fit me fabulously. I can get into them now, but need to lay on the bed to zip them.

I'm having a hard time putting off shopping for new clothes. I'll get the necessities, like new panties and a couple new pairs of Pilates pants for the warmer weather. I just threw out three pairs of 4x sweats last week and don't have enough active-wear to last me the week. My dog has a panty fetish, so I definitely have to replace some of those.

I'm finding that as I lose weight and get into smaller sizes, I feel like I'm more picky about what I want to wear. I used to wear the uniform, dark pants, solid color top. Now I'm much more interested in complete ensembles, with cute jackets layered over feminine tops and well-fitting slacks. And shoes and bag! Still don't have time for jewelry and make-up. Just a little to fussy for me, and I'm already self-absorbed!
Old 04-17-2011, 11:31 PM   #24  
Vortex

Georgia, you sound like you're thinking pretty concretely about getting there!

Anyone else have celebration plans? I haven't got an idea... I'd throw a party, except it would make everyone aware and I'd get a lot more questions from my normal-weight friends, which I never really find useful.

I'd go shopping, but I've been indulging myself in clothes I like more recently already....

And of course, I have no idea how long it might take before I get there.

I don't think I'll consider myself solidly out of the 300s until I stay below 300 at least a few weeks in a row...

But I really want to come up with a plan, to help motivate myself.

Angela
Old 04-18-2011, 01:04 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

It seems so far away I don't really have a plan, my plan use to be to get a wii fit, but the novelty of that has seemed to wear off and $ is a little tighter when I thought up that reward. I don't know if I can wait that long, but I really need some new bras, at my size they are super expensive, cheap ones just do NOT hold me still and It hurts to exercize without propper support so... probably order a new bra or two in celebration will be way overdue!
Old 04-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #26  
Renaissance Woman

I'm very VERY angry with the scale this morning! Totally ate OP all weekend and I'm registering a GAIN of five more pounds since Friday. Last week's gain of five would not go away, even with extra tight restrictions and a drastic cut in sodium. I switched to try Intermittent Fasting over the weekend, and I did very well with that method with regards to not overeating. I stayed active all weekend. But the scale is not bearing that out for me.

I don't go nuts with overeating or running to fast/junk food any longer when I experience a challenging time or get discouraged. I guess I'm not really discouraged. I'm feeling very frustrated. My body feels best when I eat OP, stay within caloric parameters, keep the carbs low, eat all my veggies, stay away from sugar and processed foods completely, and avoid the soy. I feel alert, clear-headed, I can exercise more. I get work done, I'm creative, my blood sugar is balanced and my blood pressure is right where it should be...everything I wanted to achieve with weight loss. EXCEPT WEIGHING LESS THAN 300 LBS!!!

Maybe if I better understood what was going on, why my body is so stubborn about weight loss. My BMR is 2200. I very rarely go over that. I usually eat less than 1700 calories a day. I know, because I track it all everyday. It helps me to stay on the path.

I don't want to think about weight loss any more than I already do. I just want it to happen!!!

I feel like turning on the radio, to the alternative rock station, cranking up the volume till the neighbors want to call the police, and getting on my treadmill to walk until I burn enough calories to drop below 300 lbs. That'll take me about six days, if I don't sleep...
Old 04-18-2011, 10:47 AM   #27  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptogirl View Post
to the carb counters--do you actually count your carbs or just eat low carb, bc i love not counting and writing anything down, i did it for over 2 months and it didn't get me anywhere, somewhere like 8 pounds my first month, and 2 pounds my second month, i still have roughly a week in my 3rd month left and i am almost at 10 pounds, so i am guessing what i am doing is working, and for whatever reason, low calorie doesn't work for me, and i was doing it right, with the fruits, veggies, stuck to whole wheat, measured everything out. blah...what a waste of a 2 months i guess
i wish it would of worked..so i could of had a wider range of food
I actually count my carbs!!! I write everything down. So far it has worked for me.

Lynn
Old 04-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #28  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoblewis View Post
I'm very VERY angry with the scale this morning! Totally ate OP all weekend and I'm registering a GAIN of five more pounds since Friday. Last week's gain of five would not go away, even with extra tight restrictions and a drastic cut in sodium. I switched to try Intermittent Fasting over the weekend, and I did very well with that method with regards to not overeating. I stayed active all weekend. But the scale is not bearing that out for me.

I don't go nuts with overeating or running to fast/junk food any longer when I experience a challenging time or get discouraged. I guess I'm not really discouraged. I'm feeling very frustrated. My body feels best when I eat OP, stay within caloric parameters, keep the carbs low, eat all my veggies, stay away from sugar and processed foods completely, and avoid the soy. I feel alert, clear-headed, I can exercise more. I get work done, I'm creative, my blood sugar is balanced and my blood pressure is right where it should be...everything I wanted to achieve with weight loss. EXCEPT WEIGHING LESS THAN 300 LBS!!!

Maybe if I better understood what was going on, why my body is so stubborn about weight loss. My BMR is 2200. I very rarely go over that. I usually eat less than 1700 calories a day. I know, because I track it all everyday. It helps me to stay on the path.

I don't want to think about weight loss any more than I already do. I just want it to happen!!!

I feel like turning on the radio, to the alternative rock station, cranking up the volume till the neighbors want to call the police, and getting on my treadmill to walk until I burn enough calories to drop below 300 lbs. That'll take me about six days, if I don't sleep...
Georgia,
I am sorry you are having a hard time. Some of that weight maybe muscle. I hope you find something to help you through this tough spot.

Lynn
Old 04-19-2011, 12:05 AM   #29  
Vortex

Lynn, congrats on 20 days binge-free. Sounds like a new habit.

Georgia, I'm with you. What IS it when we're doing everything right and progress just halts? Probably at least partly age and our slower metabolisms. Sometimes I think I could stop eating and never actually reach the point of starvation--my body would just turn on some stasis switch it seems to have. Hang in there.... you are SO RiGHT that eating healthy is a reward even when the downward movement stops.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:01 PM   #30  
Renaissance Woman

Lex Luthor

I figure if I'm encountering it every day, and it's my evil nemesis, I might as well give my scale a name.

So, this morning, Lex and I had a brief encounter. I don't know what his intentions are, just messing with my head or world domination. He showed me that the five pounds I gained yesterday never happened.

Whatever!

(I am a Superman fan, so elements of my life have been named accordingly. My dog's name is Chloe Sullivan. Just like the character on Smallville, Chloe is sharp, quick-witted, faithful and fierce. And very compact. My bedroom - aka The Fortress of Solitude.)

I'm on approach to Easter. Big fat Greek deal! I will plan to eat all my favorites, just smaller portions. And I'll take all the kids/dogs to the park. That way, I don't have to be around my mother the whole time!

It's all about the planning, isn't it!
Closed Thread