Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #16  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi gals,

I don't have time to do personals tonight, too tired after work and need to watch a little tv before bedtime and up again at 5am. I just thought I'd chime in and brag about how POP I was after all the eating out yesterday! I think I was a little hungrier than I have been lately -- I swear that kind of food causes such cravings! But I kept them at bay and went right back to my plan, and I bet tomorrow will be back to normal (well, normal for this past month or so!). Very pleased I didn't totally fall off the wagon after some indulging -- that's usually what happens to me. But I sure am strong these days! Strong and AWESOME! hahahaha

I'll make sure to do personals ASAP, I want to fully comment on everything I've read -- it's all SO great! Have a great Monday, dearies!
Old 06-20-2010, 09:55 PM   #17  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Ags, love the pics!
Tex, what a fantastic job at the bake sale!!!
Ona, welcome!! You will certainly love it here. The ladies are truly ... friends!
Bliss, that's wonderful! I know that felt so good.
Learn, thanks for the posting tips.
Shannon, I didn't see your post until I posted. Congrats for being POP today!!! Way to go! We are rocking girl.

I just wanted to say that I have officially met my 4th of july target! Woohoo! I still had 2 weeks to meet this goal so I'm very happy.

There's still a looong way to go but I'm happy to reach my first mini-goal. Now I must re-establish my goals . Send me well wishes on continuing to be a big loser lol!

Have a wonderful Monday tomorrow everyone.

Last edited by MyBodyisMyTemple; 06-20-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:10 PM   #18  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Howdy gals!! I'm fallin in line here at the Part Nine Positives!!

Hope you all are having a fabulous week!

Learn - My grandma has the same problem with the tv thing too although she doesn't watch it much. I think alot of it is because the cna's talk about personal things while they are in there with her and she gets confused easily! I hate it but we are just trying to go along with her to make her feel better.

Ags - I would love to meet you one day!! I am in Lenoir on the western side of NC. According to google, you are about 6 hrs from me! Not all that far I luv the family pics!! You're looking sassy girly!

Honey bee - I am so very sorry for your loss! I can't say that I understand how you must feel but do know that my prayers are with you!! On a lighter note, Congrats for reaching your goal!! That's awesome!

As for me, well, I don't know but I do know that I have a pulled muscle in my back near my shoulder blade so prayers for that would be greatly appreciated! I can't let anything get me down and keep me from my appointed rounds at Curves and the nursing home This muscle will just simply have to get better!!! As far as the POP thing, well I made DH that southern breakfast Saturday morning! I did great there because all I did was pinch a couple bites from a piece of livermush. Other than that, I had my usual protein shake and a banana! However, before I made dinner, I "made him" some chocolate chip cookies, actually just rolled the dough into a cookie sheet and made one big one! hehehe! Anyway, after they came out of the oven smelling oh so good, I cut them using my pizza cutter and before I got supper done, I had already "nibbled" away three of them!! I felt so bad but I am picking myself up, dusting myself off and hopping back on the wagon!! I'm not gonna let it roll away and leave me!!! Ok, my eyelids are starting to droop! I will check back tomorrow and try to do better with personals! I hope you all have a very blessed Monday!!!!! Luv you gals!

Last edited by thinmintintraining; 06-20-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:07 AM   #19  
☆krista-kins™☆

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Good Evening ladies!!!

Ags - LOVE the pictures!! You are beautiful Mama! That is so awesome that the pink ladies are growing in numbers!!

Shannon - OMG the Daddy dance sounds adorable! Im so glad the recital went well and you had a good time Congrats on making wonderful choices while you are out to eat! You are doing fantastic darlin!! Keep up the good work

HOney bee - Sorry your post went MIA, I have had that happen once before as well, it totally stinks. My son was looking over my shoulder as I was reading everyones updates and he says "Mom scroll back up" so I oblige...he sees your ticker and goes "look Mom she did it, she is at the end of her goal, how awesome is that?" I thought it was super sweet and had to share with you. You are doing great!

Learn - I hope you had a wonderful day of relaxing and journeying

Onami - Cant wait to read your positives!! Glad to have you

Tex- WOW 2,000!! Congratulations!! Sounds like you had a VERY eventful and fabulous weekend! I cant wait to see Toy Story 3

Mint - Sorry to hear about your shoulder OUCH Get better soon hun!!! I love your positive thinking, don't beat yourself up just keep on keepin on

I had a super busy weekend as well! TONS of walking! Saturday we went to my sons awards ceremony, he got lots of patches and a 55.00 gift card to Walmart which he LOVED and spent immediately..lol then on Sunday we went to the Pride festival in downtown Denver. The festival has Great food, Great music, and LOTS of exercise! LOL. Its been a FABULOUS weekend! I hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend as well

Last edited by Inkedmama98; 06-21-2010 at 02:11 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:24 AM   #20  

Hello Beautiful People,
I thought I'd try something more appealing for my opening this morning, since mondays are usually so blah. It's going to be a fantastic day for all of us, I can just feel it in the air. Let me get to the positive personals.

OnaMi- WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME! Awesome job at the gym, 1 mile is fantastic. I see your in Florida and so am I. I am located in the west central area just north of Tampa. Where abouts are you located if you don't mind me asking. Good luck on your weigh-in tomorrow. Let us know how you did.

MissBliss- Welcome back girl. So happy to hear your sporting that wedding ring with ease. Bet it looks much better on those skinny hands. Don't be a stranger, come back soon.

Ags- We will meet someday soon, it is meant to be, it is in the cards, Carol too. Love the pictures. Thank you so much for sharing. Beautiful girls, oh so cute grandson, and handsome hubby, you got it all my friend. I especially love the picture with you in it. Just look at you all dressed in pink. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!

Tex- Congratulations on your bake sale. $2000.00!!! That is awesome, I'm so happy for you and the church is going to appreciate it more than you know. Now I'm gonna guess that the Hobby Lobby is some sort of hobby/arts & crafts store, oh I could spend hours in a place like that. Sounds like Father's Day was a huge success!

Shannon- Your so right, all that yucky food that caused us to be at this weight is like a domino effect. It just causes us to keep spiraling out of control, unless you got the power baby! Yes you got the will power. Congratulations for getting back on track and kicking those cravings in their kaboose's. I hope you got a wonderful nights sleep.

Honey Bee- WOO HOO! July 4th. goal met with a vengeance! You keep this up and we'll start calling you Killer Bee! Here's to your request to continue being a great big loser!

Stella- My mom hardly puts the TV on anymore because it confuses her also. A lot of times when she does have it on she has it on mute.
Sorry to hear about your pulled muscle, does it feel like it's right behind your shoulder blade? I have been having the same problem for about a year on and off. It flares up when I vacuum and if I do a lot of arm exercises. Every time I see my Dr. it's always at bay and I forget to ask him about it. I always have so many questions on my mind when I go in there that I forget half of them.
Chocolate chip cookie bars....Forget About Em' Today is a new day for you, on with the journey!

Ink- WOW! What a busy weekend you had. Sounds like fun and then to see your son win all those patches, just awesome. Isn't it funny how quickly kid's want to spend any kind of money, gift cards, etc. when they get it. Heaven forbid they save a little for a rainy day. Give him a big HIGH FIVE from the gals at 3FC.

Now it's my turn, I had a wonderfully relaxing day yesterday. My son & I took my hubby out for breakfast and I ate a bit more then I had planned, but I counteracted that by skipping any snacks or lunch afterward because I was so full. I'm just not use to eating that much for breakfast. And then dinner was just some lean ham slices with swiss cheese rolled up. I still wasn't very hungry. After our drive out in the country I still managed to get to my exercises in the pool. So I guess I ended up being POP for the day.
That's it for me today, I hope we all have a marvelous monday filled with POPPIN' decisions and choices.

T.T.F.N. ~ Learn
Old 06-21-2010, 05:29 AM   #21  

This is for all my 3FC sister's, enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjeoOipfiaI
Old 06-21-2010, 10:40 AM   #22  
Ashley

S/C/G: 349/333.4/170

Height: 5'9"

I've just joined 3FC and am totally loving it already. The closeness you guys seem to have and the way you support each other is amazing. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better.

My positive thing...I've decided to take control of my weight. I have an amazing husband and 3 beautiful girls, but don't enjoy them as much as I should because I let my weight get in the way. Today is day 1 of a new lifestyle. I have no doubt it will be difficult...after all losing weight isn't a piece of cake...lol. I know I will be turning to 3FC for support. Good luck to all!!
Old 06-21-2010, 12:38 PM   #23  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

As Medea would say, "Good Mornting",

It is a wonderful Monday Morning and I am lovin' life in full color.

Tex,
I do believe you are the busiest woman I know, you must burn tons of calories every single day and what a positive that is. God truly showed you and your baked sale favor, He does take of His children doesn't HE? Rock it chica!!!

Shannon,
YOU ROCK!!!!!!!! That is all!!!!!!

Honey,
I knew you would make that goal with no sweat and the next on is in the bag. Well wishes comming at cha!!!!

Stella,
Prayers, DONE!!!!! Stella, we will hop right back on the good wagon together, just give me your hand, sweetie!!!!

Ink,
I love hearing about your adventures, that always take me to a happy place. You always send good vibes my way. Big time CONGRATS to your little BIG Man!!

Learn,
What a day, you ate well, had your drive, exercised and spent the most important times with your two men. How perfect is that, what more could you ask for doll!!!!

Ashley,:welcom e2::wel come:
We are so blessed to have you here with us. We are on big happy family here and we cannot wait to get to know you better. I am thrilled you have made a life choice for your life and your health, and you are right, no it will not be easy but I have all the faith in the world that you can accomplish this. YOu are right again, releasing weight is not a piece of cake, but putting it on sure was!! LOL LOL We will be right here to support and encourage you and help to guide you around some of the humps and bumps we have run into and maybe just maybe, it will help you thru. Okay, let's do this thing.......Ready.....set.....let's go!!!!!!

So far my positives for the day are, I woke up this morning still in my right mind, and I have already made 700.00 for the store, so I guess I can keep my job for a little while longer!!! LOL LOL I know, I know, I ROCK TOO!!!!!!!!

Until later sweet taters,
Hugs love and blessings and make someone smile.
Ags
Old 06-21-2010, 01:14 PM   #24  
☆krista-kins™☆

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Good Monday Morning Ladies!!!! I hope everyone is staying sane this fine Monday morning

Learn - YUM I love breakfast! Your post made me hungry Congrats on making it a POP day You are sooooo GOOD at that!!

Ashly - I cant wait to read your positives! Lots of luck and comin your way hun!!! You CAN do it!!

Ags - 700.00 NICE!!! You bring in that money girlfriend! Im glad you are having a wonderful start to your week

Its MONDAY!! I guess I can say that with a little more joy since I don't work Summers lol. The weather is fantastic so far today, with a nice cool breeze, I love it! then again its only 11:00am, I may change my tune hhmmm around 2pm..LOL. I have a problem but I am trying to find a positive in it....maybe ya'll can help me. My sons "Father" moved back into town (he arrived yesterday) he has not seen my son in 4 years. Im freaking out because I have this gut feeling he will contact me and want to see him...I am not sure Im ok with that. He has NEVER been around and my son will be 12 years old next month. so one part of me is like Heck No he doesnt deserve to come into his life now, but the other part of me is saying Let him come into his life so my son can see first hand what a jerk he is..but then I worry my son will end up getting hurt. I really dont know what to do. but...my positive is this: he may not call at all..LOL. Im going to keep smiling and roll with the punches I guess. thats what life is about right! I shall put my trust in God, he knows what is best for my Son even more than I do. Heck I think I just found my answer!! Thank you for letting me talk (type) that out...haha.

I love you all and am sending lots of love your way this week!

Last edited by Inkedmama98; 06-21-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:22 PM   #25  

Hi Ashley,
So glad you decided to stop in on the POSITIVE thread. What a fantastic positive you have too. Those beautiful girls and loving husband deserve to have you around as long as possible, so getting healthy is the thing to do. There are quite a few of us who have kids and we love to hear about them, so feel free to brag all you want. Have a wonderful day!

T.T.F.N. ~ Learn
Old 06-21-2010, 02:12 PM   #26  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Hello everyone!
my positive thing for today is,I apologized to my sister even though i didn't think i was wrong(over an argument we had) and i feel better within myself.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:14 PM   #27  
Queen of Everything

Height: 5'5''

Hello Ladies!

Well, be warned, this is a downer post. Yes, I know, wrong forum, but you all are like family here, so I figured this is the best place to go.

So I have been watching what I ate for a little over a month. Saturday morning I weighed in and lost 6 pounds. I went out on Sunday, ate slightly (200-300) over my calories only to find that today, I gained all but one pound back... I am so confused and upset that it really makes me want to throw in the whole and just quit. I don't understand how I can gain 5 pounds in a day when I only went over 200-300 calories; 5 POUNDS! I am having my thyroid tested next month when I go to the doctor because this isn't the first time that this has happened in the past month (about the 3rd/4th). It seems like I do well, and then I eat out once (that's where the calories came into play) and then BAM! there is all the weight again. Anyone have any thoughts as to whether it is the thyroid not working or something else? Let me know, as I am just pretty beat down about this at the moment and really starting to give up hope as to whether my goals can ever be accomplished.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #28  

Turtle- Please don't give up. Is there any chance you consumed a lot of sodium. I have a horrible time with water retention. An overnight gain of 7 or 8 pounds is not unusual for me if I eat too much sodium. Just drink a lot of water and give it a few days to flush out of your system. Eating out can be disasterous on a diet. Restaurants use so much salt in there meals. Hang in there darling.

Learn
Old 06-21-2010, 09:36 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

Well what's this?! I go away for a weekend and we've got a whole new thread! How wonderful My weekend at home was surprisingly easy to stay on plan, with two teeeeeny exceptions... a slightly larger than intended piece of cake (easily worked off by hours of swimming!) and a beef burger when my dad and his girlfriend failed to have any alternative (I don't like to eat red meat, it hurts my tummy).

My plan is to not spend any money until absolutely necessary this week, which means eating through lots of the food in my fridge. It will make staying on plan trickier, but still very possible... today's positive is that I managed it today!

Thinking of all of you, wishing you all success! It's good to be back so I can get back into the threads and personals with all of you
Old 06-21-2010, 10:41 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 372/288/170

Height: 5' 10"

Sounds like everyone had a nice weekend celebrating daddy’s and hubby’s!

Forgive the long post...had to catch up!

Ags – Wow! You were such a blessing to that girl. You had no idea what her circumstances were…you’re generosity may go even further than you realize. … That’s a lot of knee surgery in a relatively short period of time. I’m sure you will make it through another 4 years if you’ve made it this far! … Sodium is a bugger and it hides everywhere! … Congrats on exceeding you exercise goal, that’s awesome! … I’m so impatient, I’m ready for a baby already! … Tell Cakebatter congratulations! I’m so excited for her. Loved the pics. … Don’t beat yourself up too bad for the occasional indulgence, especially if you allow for them in your points/calories for the day. … You look so happy in your pink hat! (It was me that wanted the pic.)

Stella – Even when you don’t “feel” it, you’re still doing it and that’s what matters. WTG sticking with Curves and the WL too! … Great job hopping right back on the wagon! … Hope your shoulder gets better soon.

Learn – Best of luck with your mom (I want to give her a hug, if that makes any sense.) and getting your disability. I’ve heard it often takes 3 times and an attorney to make it happen. So unfortunate. Congrats on staying POP! … Your WalMart routine had me rollin’! Hahaha…I can somewhat relate. I don’t necessarily tinkle as often, but my bladder knows the minute I get home and decides it’s very urgent and I have to race into the house! It’s weird. … I used to use a notepad, then started doing the word doc like you. Just write as I go so that I don’t miss anyone or spend double time writing and then typing. … I hope your drive was relaxing and enjoyable. … I know it sounds corny, but make a list of what you need to talk to your doctor about. You need to take care of YOU. … Loved the clip.

Shannon – Yay for lose pants and less swelling! I’m already celebrating your WL even though you don’t have a number to tie to it yet. … Lily’s day sounded amazing! I love the daddy feature. Too cute! … WTG on making fast food and eating out not put you way off your calories. I know that staying in my calorie range at a Mexican restaurant is very hard for me, but I never consider order fajitas and just eating the meat and veggies sans tortillas, etc. Great idea! … So happy to hear you got right back on track.

Inked – Your son sounds like such a sweetie. … I’ve heard awesome things about the Denver Pride fest! So glad you had fun. … I hope the situation with your son’s father works out for the best. It’s a tough line to toe, if you deny him his father he blames you…if you don’t then he may get his heartbroken…so tough.

Honey Bee – So glad you had a great day with your hubby. You are doing awesome! You definitely inspire me to keep moving. WTG on being ahead of goal!

OnaMi – Welcome to the positive thread! I’m looking forward to reading your positives. … Forgiveness is as much a selfish act as it is a selfless act. You get as much freedom from it as you give. That’s an awesome positive!

MissBliss – That’s a stellar positive! WootWoot!

Tex – Wow, all that baking and the only thing you tasted was VICTORY! Woohooo! WTG! And you raised $2000! WootWoot! Amazing! $500 is a lot for a bake sale! Sounds like you had an awesome Fathers Day weekend.

Ablentlinger – Welcome! I look forward to getting to know you.

Tiffie – There is NO WAY you gain back 5 lbs from one day going slightly over calories. The math doesn’t work. Something else has to be up. Maybe your doc will have some insight. My thought is in line with Learn’s, that since it seems to be connected to eating out, it may be fluid retention from the sodium. There is SOOOO MUCH sodium in restaurant food. Chin up.

Neon – Good luck eating from pantry and fridge. I tend to get creative when I do that…usually turns out surprisingly well. … Glad you had a nice weekend.

My positive – I stayed on plan when eating out with a client today. The bad news is I got horribly sick shortly thereafter. So I’m pretty sure I’m negative calories now…not exactly how I like to lose weight.

Last edited by OverOverWeight; 06-21-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Closed Thread