Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 07:53 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all!

I made almond milk yesterday (my coworker Eric, the raw vegan, turned me onto it!) for the first time, and made pancakes this morning with the leftover almond meal. They were pretty good. Not as good as regular pancakes, but with a pile of strawberries on top it was a great breakfast.

I work a closing shift tonight, which is rough on me... I'm basically useless after 8pm, so working until 10 doesn't go over well on my poor system. Hopefully it'll go well.

But mostly I'm trying to kill time and keep my mind off stuff until I hear from the school... there's drama surrounding me getting my degree, and apparently it's in jeopardy now because I thought I'd dropped classes that didn't confirm and now it looks like I failed too many classes... anyway... I did all the appeal stuff on Friday, and I got an email at 6:30 this morning inviting me to convocation, but I haven't heard back that my appeal has been granted... so I just need to twiddle my thumbs until I find out what the verdict is, and (if it's negative) what my next steps are. Augh! Stress! So I must distract myself...
Old 05-25-2010, 08:55 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Lindy: OUCH about the fall!!

Pink: A craft room would be my choice LOL.

Neon:Hope the stuff with school works out. I am pondering going back myself. I have no idea what I want to take though.

As for me: Yesterday Was ok at work. Sometimes I feel I gripe way too much! My tummy was not playing nice either I started back on the acidolphulous. We shall see what happens. My Dr's office got my referral done for the new GI Dr. I just want someone to tell me what is wrong with me. I have heard that ovarian cancer can mimic GI problems. My maternal Grandmother on my dads side died at 42 from this..yet no one with test me for this. Yes I get my pap every year..but that does NOT detect ovarian cancer. So when I go to the GI Dr I am going to beg her to have testing done. I also see my reg Dr next week to get me off the angina meds..I am going to BEG her for a referral first.

Tonight another SUNS game. It is also the finally for Loser..guess I will be DVRing Loser!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:44 AM   #18  

Hello My Peeps!

Lindy, oh dear about the fall. Poor widdle pup wanted to help! I hope your DH didn't yell at you too much. Baby steps!! LOL.

I used to have Patience; it was the name of my old Australian shepard mix pup. LOL. She's long gone and I haven't had any patience since

Old Evil Ratkity has lost more weight. She's happy and alert, just not eating much as her kidneys continue to decline (she's almost 16 yrs old). She is getting fluids 2x a week. She's not going to be here for much longer. I hate this part of pet ownership. I try not to think about it, but it's hard.

Hugs,
Rat
Old 05-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #19  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie-you are wondering why your tired. If I had done that much gardening I wouldn't be tired, I'd be taking a dirt nap along with the tomatoes.

Lindy-Getting hurt has always been my biggest downfall weight wise. Every time I get going good, and then have an injury, it sets me back terribly. I do know that feeling of helplessness being on the floor and unable to get back up. It's like being lost in the wilderness, and you can't see your way out. I was afraid that I'd never get up again.

Rat-That's why I can't have my beloved dogs anymore. Giving them up just got to be too hard.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:50 AM   #20  

Mm, the thought of napping in the sunny garden sounds amazing right now. It's 27 here, humidex of 32, and it's supposed to go up to 31 with a humidex of 38. I might die. Thank god work has AC.

In good news, I just got the call from the school that my appeal has been granted and I will be able to graduate!!! As of June 4 I'll have my BA in English, I'll be set to move to Thunder Bay for teacher's college, and I'll finally be moving forward with my life... which I really need! Thanks for thinking of me through this

Pink - I say craft room/office!

Cyn - Are you just looking for a new path than what you're on? (In terms of maybe going back to school?)

Rat - *Hugs to you and your furry friend* She's as lucky to have you as you have been to have her, even as her health declines. Reading about your "Old Evil Ratkitty" made me give my grumpy little torti a couple extra snuggles, just to remind her I love her. (Like she'd accept anything less!)

Lindy - Just for you, and your comments about me "claiming my weight" I took a photo for you! And I can't wait to celebrate 450 with you, and every victory that follows!

That's all for now! Off to shower and get ready for work... I'm so relieved about school I don't even CARE that it's a closing shift anymore. Yayyyyyy!

Last edited by neonwildflower; 05-25-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:56 PM   #21  
Dinkachu

S/C/G: 497/455/150

Height: 5'2 "

STAYING OUT OF TROUBLE...

I've been staying in bed and letting my knee heal- I think I'm more sore today than yesterday. Just staying out of trouble.

NEON - WOW that's a great number! Thanks for the picture! You gave me another idea for my 'not my bucket list' I want to be able to reach my toes well enough to paint them! I am so glad your school paperwork is cleared up. My degrees are in English and Education and I loved teaching. I know you'll be a great teacher soon enough. I am reading a book my doctor gave me about healthy eating and it mentions almond milk. I am hoping they sell an organic commercially prepared version since I may struggle grinding almonds in bed!!!

CYN - Enjoy the game. Hope your tummy gets better.

CATHERINE - It seems you know exactly how I felt on the floor yesterday. I kept trying to stay positive while thinking I might not get back up again and have to go back to the hoyer lift (For those who don't know its a mechanical lifting device. The patient sits in a net and is lifted and rolled from one place to another - my son called it the 'whale lift' cause he saw them use one at Sea World to transfer one of their 'shamo' whales.) That 1 1/2 hours on the floor felt like an eternity. I caught up on my prayer time. I have been fighting discouragement today because I feel like I've gone backwards!
So, I made a list of positive things about my life. That cheered me up.

RAT - sorry to learn of RKitty's decline. So nice to know she is getting the best care and love!

PINK - Hope you are having a good day! Keep thinking positively and reminding yourself of all the things you have accomplished - it really helps me fight being discouraged.

ANNIE - Keep taking care of you - I'll 'talk' to you soon.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:11 PM   #22  
science nerd

S/C/G: 302/ticker/151

Hello all!

I'm a newcomer to the 300+ board, having breached the 300 mark over the winter, much to my great shame! Thankfully, I have begun to make changes and work towards my goal of 150. I got horribly sick this weekend and the scale dropped several pounds due to not being able to eat anything, and everything that was already inside me being emptied out in some form or another (sorry if that's TMI). I'm not 100% better, but I am eating again and laying off anything rich. With any luck, the changes I saw on the scale will stick.

Ratkitten - your post really touched me. My own scruffy little kitty is very close to the end. She's about 18 years old and had been slowly going downhill for about a year. First she started urinating A LOT and doing it all over the house. Thankfully we got part of that problem fixed, but she was still urinating far more than any cat should be. In the past month or two, she's really slowed down with litter box use and she gotten much thinner. It seems that everyday she's a little bit thinner. My family keeps pressing me to have her put down, but I can't bring myself to do it. I was never really a believer in it, and it's so hard to let go of those you love.

Reciprocity - We are in a very similar boat! We weigh about the same and have the same goal.

Lindy - I hope you feel better after your fall.

Neon - school can be quite frustrating, as can appeals! I actually recently filed an appeal myself. I transferred back to a college I had previously attended only to find out that because I didn't complete 12 credits the last semester I was there, I was ineligible for financial aid. So I had to write a formal appeal and it ended up taking two months for the office to process. After a month, I started calling and e-mailing to see if they even received it and I was convinced I was getting the run-around, because no one could tell me anything. But in the end, I won my appeal.

Jacquie - those droid phones look fantastic on tv. I've thought about splurging and buying one, but I don't really want to pay 30 dollars extra per month for a data service to use the Internet on it. I've also pondered just buying a PDA of some sort and using it indepedently from my phone.

dogpal - you gardened and rode 8 miles? Of course you're tired! Good for you for really being active!

milliondollar - I know that feeling of not giving it 100% and knowing you could be doing so much better. I've let that happen it a few areas of my life. I'm really trying to get myself on track in all areas and give all that I have. Especially with my excercise routine.

Last edited by shadowclaw; 05-25-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:55 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Neon - WOO!

shadowclaw - Yeah the data plan is expensive, but I don't have a regular phone line, so we aren't paying for two phone plans. I figured it wouldn't be so bad, but yeah it is pricey. At the end, regular plan + data plan + insurance + fees is around $80 a month. With a cable phone plan it would be around that as well, so i guess it isn't so bad. I did have a PDA once, but I found it so problematic to keep things updated. I'm very surprised that I'm using the Droid phone like I would a PDA. I'm not the most organized person, but I'm feeling MORE organized now. I also have a planner I write in, but now I see why people like the smart phones...still yeah pricey with the data plan!

Lindy - Hope you are better!

Well...I'm up! lol... I've been getting up earlier than usual, just waking up and getting up. I have energy and I have been eating well and exercising. My weight is up due to hormones..that sucks, but I'm not obsessing.

I have a meeting with yakity yak guy today...that sucks. I've set a time limit of an hour and a half...I'm going to keep it. So, if he yaks for that time ,his loss, not mine. I think something I've been seeing is learning how to set boundaries within myself, with people...etc. I tend to be too open, too helpful, too...well a doormat. People walk all over me and I walk all over myself too!

So, learning!

Off to shower and get dressed. Have to wear my FAT pants! lol...I find that a bit funny actually. I don't know why, but lol...I am at a point now where I have fat pants, thin pants, and just right pants! lol

Oy...*HUGS*
Old 05-26-2010, 09:03 AM   #24  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

MY WEIGHT IS UP 2 LBS. AAAAAHHHH!

I have been good. WHY???!
Old 05-26-2010, 09:59 AM   #25  

Pink: Darn 2 lbs!! Sending you some HUGS

Neon: I am thinking school because I am very close to hte top of my salary range for my position. I am a Client Service Rep and can not go any higher. I am 37, and would really love to have a fun job! I always wanted to be a teacher. BUT since I had kids young and became a mom..that was not a priority back then. Now that the kids are 15 and 19..I am really thinking about school again. Do not think I could be a regular teacher. Maybe an Art one would be good. Not sure yet. I am a CSR in the medical field..but anything medical does not appeal to me.

Shadow: Welcome..and as you will see in everyone posts it is never TMI..lol

UPDATE...my son and his ex were getting along fine. Texting as usual. Then SHE got this wonderful hair brain idea that my son should text her mother and ask if they could meet somewhere and talk. The EX said she doesnt want to have to choose and wants her mom to accept my son..I understand. So my son did test her mom and 2 hours later she replied back that maybe once madison is 18 or long after they could talk. She also said she mainly hates him because HE WALKED AWAY FROM HIS RESPONSIBILITIES! I swear to God..I could enjoy beating the "S" out of this evil woman!!! About 10 min later..madison's dad came in a yelled at her for what my son said. So madison asked my son what he said. Damian told her. I read the message it wasnt a big deal. Madison said..they meaning her parents are lying to me again. This was on Saturday. Damian has not heard from her since. He thinks they took her phone and computer again. Breaks my heart. For both of them. So I will continue to pray.

ON a greater note..Suns won last night..it was an awesome game. I also got to watch LOser afterwards....not sure how I feel about the finalle..but a good show anyhow
Old 05-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

cYN SHE'S 17 SURELY SHE CAN JUST WALK OUT ON THEM? xxxxxx
Neon WTG on the pic, LOVE your toenails! lol Wish I'd thought of taking pics of my weight on the scales! xxxxxx
Well we are changing internet supplier as of tomorrow so I may be off-line a few days. We go to visit my parents on Tuesday-Sunday, hopefully my Dad can cope with our boys otherwise we may have to come home early.
I'll try not to miss you guys too much AND stay OP & walk (LOTS!!) see you all soon, I hope!
xxxxxxx sharon
Old 05-26-2010, 05:21 PM   #27  
Diggin' for Motivation

S/C/G: 310/291.5/150

Height: 5'6

Thank you everyone for the welcomes!!! Wow, what a great set of people you all are! Sorry if I am quiet for the first few posts, I'm reading and getting to know everyone's situations and wow! That's all I have to say! Very inspirational
Old 05-26-2010, 06:49 PM   #28  

I'm afraid I might die of overheating... Seriously. It's 30 right now, with a humidex of 39. I am spending the rest of my night in my underwear in front of the fan.

Tomorrow is my sister's 22nd birthday, and we're having a fajita birthday dinner... yum. Corn on the cob, fajitas, and my amazing guacamole!!! Looking forward to giving her all her presents. I think birthdays are so wonderful My mom's is the next day, and I get to travel home for it (and for a bridal shower) and can't wait to celebrate with her too! May is a good (and busy/expensive!) month in my family.

Cyn - Your sons frustrating situation makes me want to cry. I'm constantly lamenting the lack of committed, responsible dads (young and old). So for him to be caught up in a terrible situation where he is cut off from him ex girlfriend and their child, it's awful. My heart goes out to them. Also I hope you'll keep up posted about if you do go back to school - any chance you could look into teaching, even part time, at a college near you? I know the colleges here in Ontario are always looking for successful people in their frield to teach practical college courses. They're often some of the best teachers, from what I've heard. (Can't say much from experience, since in my degree at university it's pretty much been just lifelong professors.)

Pink - GRRRRR at those pounds! But sending you love and positivity so hopefully it'll come off quickly for you.

Lindy - Glad to hear you're taking care of yourself and letting yourself heal! Great trick for painting toes, for when you're close to able to do it... I do it standing up, with my foot up on the toilet seat or coffee table so I can lean AROUND the stomach a little, and manage it. I understand that won't be for a while yet for you, but when you get there I expect you to return the photo favour You're doing great!

Jacquie - How'd it go keeping your conversation to the hour and a half time limit? I've been using your mantra of "my time is MY time, and it is important" the last couple days to remind myself that my claim to my time is as valid (if not more so!) than anyone else's.

Shadowclaw - Welcome to the 300+ board, it's awesome here eh? I'm so glad to know someone thoroughly understands the exhausting runaround of appeals and administrative hoop jumping. I'm so glad it's over. I didn't want to go to my graduation initially, but now it's liek DAMMIT! I deserve to be there, so I WILL be there!

Voodoo - We'll miss you, but enjoy the time away from the computer... I know I do when I get it. I'm going to my family's this weekend too, and it's really not worth going on their dial-up, so I'll enjoy my couple of days technology free!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:15 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Cyn - Hang in there. The thing I've learned from my own life is that once a person has control of another they have a really hard time letting go. It sounds like her parents are very judgmental and controlling. I mean everything I've heard from you = your boy being responsible. Probably MORE responsible than other people in that situation. People are allowed to have panic moments and I think judging a person because of obvious emotional responses isn't really productive. It sounds like the parents do not want him around and are making sure the girl obeys. That is so sad and it just causes such riffs later on down the road. Perhaps they'll see this one day.

Neon - Well...it went over 40 minutes. *sighs* I did try and I was packing up my stuff, but he kept on and I let it go 20 minutes over, then it kept on from there. I finally said I really had to go and he did do the "chat to the door" thing, but I did get out of there. Which was good as I was swamped when I got home with work. I totally have to do that reminder, MY time and I'm important! *Hugs*

Voodoo - Love the new hair! I didn't get to comment on this earlier. I've been neglecting my hair for years and now I have de greys. I'm wondering if henna would help dye it. I can't use harsh chemicals. Hmmmmm..

Well as I mentioned to Neon, meeting went over 40 minutes. I did allow it to go over 20, but it was hard to get the pull away. He did the "follow and chat to the door" thing until BF was like "she really has to go." I got home only 10 minutes past what I said I wanted to get home at though. Traffic was great! I was swamped with work and am this morning too.

We have a family visit this weekend and I'm busy planning the meal and such. Well my part anyhow. I'm so amazed at this family. We are doing a birthday thing for the little girl and MIL (even though I'm not married I still refer to them as inlaws for now). BF and I already did something for MIL and these are the same people who FORGOT both of their son's birthdays. Got them NOTHING, not even a card. So whatever...anyhow, we did a dinky cake blah blah. Now the other son wants to do something, so I said, because I'm the plan queen, that I would bring a cake that he would like. I mean the guy doesn't each chocolate he is allergic. So, his Dad, at the meeting, was responding to my little plan chat about this upcoming Saturday. They have this huge chocolate dried out cake (ew, they stored it in the fridge uncovered and it looked so dry) and when I said I was bringing a cake he went "but we have a cake." I go "but *so and so* doesn't eat chocolate." He made a face and goes "wellll....." and I go "NO! He doesn't eat it and is allergic." I mean this is his own flesh and blood! He should know this crap. Why am I having to tell him what his own son eats! lol...

Oy... the thole thing stresses me out. Even at the meeting he started in with things. Trying to disrespect me, totally disrespected the BF...it just goes on and on. I mean I'm so confused by this man. I really am. Ahh well...I'm putting myself first, I'll do better the next meeting.

My weight is down...my body flare ups are up. That sucks lol. I guess I knew it would happen at some point. I did venture out to get two new shirts for summer, on sale $37 for both. Not bad for the Avenue! I'm thinking of getting one or two more things this weekend because of the sales. WOO!

*HUGS*
Old 05-27-2010, 08:16 AM   #30  

Jacquie: Wonder if your inlaws are related to my sons EX. LOL

I woke up this morning with a sore throught and sneezing. I think it is an allergy cold. Summer is comming and I always get sick. We are suppose to go to my sisters Saturday for swimming and a BBQ. I will go as long as I feel better.

We are having a potluck at work. We have one a month to celebrate everyone's birthdays and frankly I am TIRED of doing them. I always over eat. Then I spend the rest of the day moaning and groaning. I also HATE cooking so I didnt make anything to bring. So I will stop by the store and grab something

I have noticed something...I WASTE alot of time in the mornings. My shift is 9-5:30. I am almost always up by 6 or 630. Now that we have moved it takes me about 6 min to get to work. YEAH!!! But I hop on the computer and waste time! I have my morning ritual..FB..HERE and a few other sites. I think I am going to start limiting myself to the time on here. I should plant a garden..I should make cards in the morning. Anything but being on here. So I am going to work on that

Tonight Suns game!!
Closed Thread