Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 07:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1264

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

Good morning!
I almost forgot it was a new week, because of the long weekend!!
This is the third day in a row that my scale has read under 300, so I'm counting it! Wasn't ready to trust it at first, but now I'm embracing it! I have never been so excited or motivated in my life!

Last edited by neonwildflower; 05-24-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

I'm so not a morning person... lol.

I got up late today...but I did go to bed late, no biggie. Catching up on emails this morning. My friggin' phone broke, well it wasn't really a new phone, so I'm going to go out and get a proper phone. No doubt it will cost me an arm and a leg, but I haven't had a new phone in years. I guess it is time. I have two choices currently. My crap razor phone where the back piece flies off at a moments notice or my other phone where the sounds topped working, unless you have ear phones. :/ Like hellooooo?! lol

I did do a bit of exercise yesterday and I'm going to today as well. My little aerobic workout while I wait for my new stuff to arrive. The mini elliptical I got is called the In Motion Elliptical and it is really small. I'm hoping I don't break it with my weight lol. I'm a bit over the limit, but I figure why not just try it and see. If I feel a bit wonky on it, I can put it aside for a month or use it sitting down. My game plan is to do a workout every day this week...huuuzaaaah!

This week is the week of "diet change, diet stability, no more anger, no more bad feelings, get my butt moving, and get my site done" lol.

That is my theme!

*hugs*
Old 05-24-2010, 09:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning ladies...

Jacquie: I am a morning person lol..yeah on no angry feeling this week ;0)

Last night my aunt and her mom that live behind us came over and watched the SUNS win!! We had the front door open cause it was so cool outside and we are not QUIET ladies when watching B-Ball. Now my hubby does not watch any sports except the Denver Broncos..and my uncle does not watch sports at all.My cousins BF doesnt watch games either. Hubby was on the computer and my uncle was at home. I can imagine what the neighbors thought when they heard 4 LOUD Women Yelling from inside the house. We had a blast! We never call the players by their real names..lol. There is a player on the lakers names Odym..we call him IMODIUM! I can imagine what people thought lol

For dinner we had salad with grilled chicken it was yummy BUT for some reason I had tummyaches again last night

This is my week to cover for a girl at work so I get to go in early all week and come home early YEAH!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:36 AM   #5  

*yawn*
*scratch-scratch*

I'm not a morning person either.. especially on MONDAYS! LOL.

Neon, w00t w00t! I understand about not trusting it. I saw one number on the scale once and that was it. Never to see it again in 6 years. I'm hoping to get there again. I know it's just a number, but but.. well, I'd like to see it again! LOL.

Cool about your exercise Jacquie and thanks for the mini elliptical info. I see your theme and second the motion!

Cyn, there's nothing like a hooting and hollering session of b-ball to get the weeks frustrations out and then the elation of seeing your team win is an extra bonus! I loved the visual you gave.

Humid and rainy out today. Not very cool though. Summer is trying to get here. I'm hoping Memorial Day isn't rainy. I'm going camping with my fambily come **** or high water!! If you hear about a camper floating near the Kerr Lake NC area during a flash flood, that'll be me.. hehehe j/k.

Hugs to all,
Ratkity
Old 05-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

Hi My 3fc fam!

So, it has been 4 months since I started this journey. Lately, I have not been writing down my food or being very good with avoiding sweets and snacks and whatnot. I haven't completely slipped back into my old eating habits, but I am not completely eating better either.

The scale showed me this morning at 303lbs-304lbs. Because I haven't been good food wise, I opted to stay with the 304lbs, which means a total of 14lbs lost in 4 months. Not so good, but better than gaining. It also helps me to realize what my weightloss would be like if I really gave it 100% AND if I started exercising.

Thank you all for your support. I can't express how much I need it and how much it helps me.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #7  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone! OMG, it is sooo hot.

the dogs and I are awake, but just barely.

Going to wake up a lil and bbl!
Old 05-24-2010, 12:59 PM   #8  
Diggin' for Motivation

S/C/G: 310/291.5/150

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone!

I'm a new face here and I was directed from the 100lb. group to take a look over here... I'm currently 291.5 and my highest weight was 310, and I am looking as my final dream goal to be 150!

I've just started a little mini-goal to see how much I can lose by July 4th as I am aiming for 10lbs!

How is everyone this afternoon? It's a gorgeous day here in New England.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

Sorry for no personals right now but so tired today for some reason? Joel and I were able to get our entire garden planted. As soon as things start to come up I will take a picture to share. We ended up planting: 2 beefsteak tomato plants, 2 celebrity tomato plants, 2 green bell pepper plants, 1 red bell pepper plant, 3 Zucchini plants, 3 Crook neck squash, a row of yellow onions, 10 potato plants, basil, parsley, 3 Watermelon plants, 3 cantaloupe plants, a bunch of green beans and a row of lemon cucumbers! Whew. Joel is going to build a box and plant his strawberries there and we left room for it. Our garden is completely fenced in so no doggies can romp in there. I love it and can't wait until it starts popping up!

Like I said, I am super tired like maybe I should take a rest. I just got back from riding my bike 8 miles. So I'm going to go rest. I hope you are all doing wonderful. Hopefully I will feel better later so I can chat with you guys.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 05-24-2010, 02:17 PM   #10  

Welcome Reci!!!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 05-24-2010, 08:54 PM   #11  
Dinkachu

S/C/G: 497/455/150

Height: 5'2 "

A FALL AND A FIGHT - BACK IN BED....

I guess I didn't take the 'baby-steps' seriously enough and I've been sneaking out of bed to the bathroom when I'm home alone. But this afternoon I got my oxygen hose caught in my walker wheel and down I went in the hallway on the way back to the bed. There was nothing to pull up on and no where that I could go; So I rolled over on my rear and spent about an hour and a half until my husband got home from work. The chihuahua kept licking my legs like his 5 lb doggy self could help. Fat bounces, so I'm Okay - pretty bruised up from hip down as I kind of fell on my right knee then rolled onto my right hip, and my knee is all swollen and kind of twisted so I can't put weight on it. Husband was pretty upset. He said EMS would have made me go to the ER and that would have taken up the whole night and added another 1,000 dollars to our hospital bills. So he thinks I was pretty selfish and foolish.He pointed out that this was why he needed me to stay in bed until school is out and he is home. SO, its back to bed and the potty chair for me. Once I got out of bed I began to feel more normal and I found myself not wanting to stay in bed -where only a few months ago the bed was the only place I felt safe. I feel like I've taken a big step backward, but I don't dare get up now with my knee feeling like it will buckle. I'll get my chance, I just have to be patient.

RECIPROCITY - WELCOME - I'm kind of new here too. Feel free to see me as a dual dose of inspiration: If I can lose weight at 500 pounds, bedbound, with lupus and on steroids while my family feeds me fast food - YOU can do this. If you are tempted to eat something unhealthy or skip exercise -think of me - You don't want to end up like me.

MILLION - I learned something from Jacquie that really encouraged me. She taught me to celebrate NSVs or Non-scale victories. Focus on all the positive life changes that are not based on the scale.

NEON -CLAIM THAT WEIGHT - I plan to tell all of you when I get to the 450 mark and I don't care if its 449.9 - I'm gonna claim it!

PINK - I thought it would stay cool all year so far north!!! How is the redecorating coming??? I'm trying to convince my husband that I need the guest room turned into a scrapbook/craft room but I'm not going to mention it for awhile. Are you and the little ones all feeling well???

RAT - Are you taking the Little Guy camping? Does Ratkitty get to go when you camp. Our little Dinky chihuahua loves camping.

CYN - Thank you so much for sharing about enjoying the game- you reminded me I can have fun without running around outside and you've inspired me to try to come up with creative ways to have fun in bed.

CATHERINE M - Did you make it to a pool and get in a swim?

BASKET - Was confirmation wonderful???? I don't know if you read my last post on last week - but do you know where Wapakoneta, Ohio is? That's where my dad's family lives.

JACQUIE - Did you find a good phone??

ANNIE - I'm glad you are okay. Pace yourself and get some rest!!

I May be bruised but I'm not giving up....

COURAGE...
Lindy
Old 05-24-2010, 09:50 PM   #12  
Just keeping on truckin'

Hi Lindy,

A craft room would be awesome motivation for you to get out of bed! I don't have the patience for scrapbooking. It's too intricate!

Having really bad anxiety/obsessing tonight. I'm afraid because I don't have any support after S leaves and I dn't feel i can look after myself.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:33 AM   #13  
Just keeping on truckin'

Scale won't budge and it's pissing me off smething fierce.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFlamingo View Post
Hi Lindy,

A craft room would be awesome motivation for you to get out of bed! I don't have the patience for scrapbooking. It's too intricate!

Having really bad anxiety/obsessing tonight. I'm afraid because I don't have any support after S leaves and I dn't feel i can look after myself.
You CAN look after yourself. You are a very strong woman.

Do you have someone to call if your anxiety gets too bad? Do you have any crisis lines in your area? Or an online forum (similar to this one) for when the anxiety gets too intense...sometimes talking through it can really help.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:05 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Annie - It sounds like you are doing a lot and I can see why you're tired!

Reci - Welcome welcome!

Lindy - ACK! *HUGS* So sorry to hear about your fall. I can understand you wanting to move around, I really and truly can. Bruises heal and yeah falls totally suck! *hugs* Hang in there...baby steps suck as well at times as there are times you want to be over there where the grass is greener, but you're stuck in mudsville. Yet I do think we have to learn how to be patient (and that is a really hard lesson for the likes of me) because this weight isn't going to come off today. Some of it may, but at the end of the day I think the lesson is to learn how to love ourselves, be patient, and positive. I'm not there yet, but I'm getting there and so are you!

Pink - Hang in there. You DO have support, but I understand what you mean. I find myself lacking in support where I am at times, but I do supplement with the people here as well as some online friends. Though I think taking baby steps to better our situations is pro-active and better for us. What about a support group somewhere? Is there one? That might open up new supportive doors for you.

Well I have a new phone now, HTC Droid Eris from Verizon. I got it for two reasons...1) it does SKYPE and I love skype... and 2) It has this thing called "scenes" and you can switch your phone scene (and all the screens and apps) to what you need. For example I'm currently on my Design/Work scene where I have all my work related apps and blah blah. If I go Out and About like on the weekends, I have a travel scene I made with event finding apps and maps and blah blah.

I am looking into the healthy living apps and found a calorie counter/diet log and a cardio trainer. I'm going to see how those go. I love it so far, but I keep accidentally calling people hahahaha. Awesome.

Feeling negative about my weight, seeing how I need to be more positive, SOOOOO I'm starting to look forward to exercise/activity. Today I'm setting up my mini-elliptical, perhaps I won't break it. We'll see.

Bah...not a morning person, but I got up at 6am! I'm amazed at how just a little bit of activity starts to get my body moving. I woke up and actually got up.
Closed Thread