Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Susanna- i know it was weird to see a 2 instead of a 3 and i stepped on the scale 3 times and it said the same thing 3 times i couldnt believe it im soooo happy today im just smiling from ear to ear!
Old 09-11-2009, 02:09 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

My right leg is still pretty sore. So I took it kind of easy with cardio at the gym today. I got in 40 minutes of strength training…added in some new exercises that I learned from the trainer, and it was the best strength training workout I’ve had to date! Got in 20 minutes on the Stability Ball, mostly doing crunches, etcetera. Hoping to get in some more time later, perhaps something low impact like the Wii Fit. I’m bummed that the pool is already too cool, at the beginning of September, or I’d get some water walking/running/aerobics in.

ParadiseP – Have you signed up for SparkPeople? I’m doing calorie counting, and it’s a very valuable resource! It’s where I track my food & exercise daily. (And water consumption). When you sign up, they’ll give you a calorie range to follow based on your metabolic rate & your activity level. Definitely recommend it.

Savannah
– I was VERY self conscious when I first started doing it. I’m not very advanced, but I found a great dvd a few years ago called “Yoga: Just My Size”; you can get it online for around $10, and the moves are good for people of ALL sizes. It’s taught by a plus size model, too, so that’s nice. It’s not a super intense workout, but it stretches you out, and you can really feel it in your legs and whatnot.

How many inches did you lose?! I love measurement days. Lol

Heather hb – Congrats!! That’s great. And very awesome to be out of the 3’s! Keep it up.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #63  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I'm fixing dinner for 40,000 people tonight. I won't want to eat for awhile after that. I come home so covered in grease that I practically want to burn them.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:46 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 383/322.5/160

Catherine: I bet! I can imagine it takes a couple of washes to get the grease smell out of your hair and skin too! Have fun at the game!

Kayley: I'll have to check out that DVD. I don't really have room in my house to do yoga unless I chase my husband out of the living room. I do my measurements only once a month. So I did it at the beginning of June, the beginning of July, August and I'm a little later in September this month. Since June I've lost:

Neck: 1.5 inches - I guess I had a fat neck?
Chest: 9.5 inches
Bicept (each): 1.25 inches
Forearm: NONE! Gain of .25 inches!
Waist: 6.75 inches
Hips: 6.5 inches
Thigh (each): 3 inches
Calves (each): .5 inches

Hope I can keep it up. If I could lose 6.75 inches every 3 (ish) months, I could be a size 16 in 9 or 10 months. And a size 10 before next Christmas!
Old 09-11-2009, 05:05 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 283/253/154

Height: 5ft 6

voodoo i have had acne rosea years ago on my nose i could well belive that it is that but the nose never tingled. I have to keep my new fringe pinned up off it as it just kicks off the tingleing whenever i leave it done

hbieber2006 that wonderful news so happy for you

i have not been to the gym since wednesday, i did 60 ab crunchs on the ball and my stomach muscles have been killing me since - goes to show that they are never used. I will go tomorrow no matter what

Last edited by paradisep; 09-11-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:31 PM   #66  

Hey all...my mini-goal for myself this week is to make until friday without stepping on the scale i am going to really try not to step on it though the curiousity might get to me we will see!

Heather
Old 09-11-2009, 10:13 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

HeatherB: COngrats on getting below 300!!!

Just passing through and reading. We got all moved in BUT so not settled. DRAMA lol. I will explain more later!!!

This weekend will be spent unpacking and cleaning up big messes!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 01:47 AM   #68  
742,000 calories burned

8 1/2 hours on my feet, and they seriously hurt. Those nuts ate like they hadn't eaten in a week or something. Who buys 20 $5 hot dogs? I think I'm going to sleep for 12 hours.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:29 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 236/232/208

Just wanted to say hello and good morning to all of you lovely ladies.

Beth
xx
Old 09-12-2009, 06:39 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Good morning, all! I had quite a rough time falling asleep last night; I was up tossing & turning until about 3:30am, and then it was back up at 6:00am. I’m heading to class in about an hour, then hitting the gym, and then maybe I’ll be able to get a nap in. Although one of my professors went crazy with the homework this week, so maybe not. Heh.

Savannah – That’s quite spectacular! I do mine once a month as well. I’m slightly ridiculous, and also record the drop in my BMI, etc., once a month, too.

Heather hb – I always try to do that….just weigh ONCE a week, and not compulsively check EVERY single morning. I usually fail. Hope you are able to break the habit! Maybe I’ll try as well.

Cyn – Glad to hear that you’re moved in! Here’s to a less dramatic day.

Catherine – Yikes! Get a good night’s sleep.

Beth – How are you?
Old 09-12-2009, 10:02 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies...just stopping in quickly.

Someone asked me what I am preparing as raw foods (i can't remember who :/) and today I'm doing food prep on a few things. I did a huge store trip yesterday, supermarket and produce markets. We usually do the supermarket in doses, so we can get pantry items that I can prepare for my guy over the course of 2 to 3 weeks. Of course we visit the produce markets every week as I need the fresh veggies.

Today I'm making a vegan black bean salsa with fresh corn (not fully raw), a raw food/vegan caesar dressing (made up of sunflower seeds, cashews, and other tidbits). Tomorrow or on Monday, not sure yet, I'm going to prepare a mock tuna salad (nuts and seeds) and mango salsa. That should hold me over for a few days. I don't want to go crazay with the nuts, but I do need the fat, so I'm trying to keep things light and spread stuff out over the course of a week.

My weight is up, but I think it is TOM weight. I think that is a good thing...i'm very bloated. I also didn't eat that well the past few days. Had some things I wouldn't normally have. Like yesterday I had a vegan muffin, well "had" as in I took a bite and ate some. Really, things are too big. Like the portion sizes are huge these days. I can't eat a mega muffin. Too sweet etc...maybe i'm too picky.

I hope everyone is well. I'm fixing to go clean my kitchen and get some breakfast in me. YAY! *HUGS*

Last edited by Jacquie668; 09-12-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:40 AM   #72  

Good Morning ladies..

azcyn...thanks it feels good to get below 300 it has been a long time since i have been that low.

kayleystar...i tried but i failed i stepped on it this morning but it was giving me different readings so i gave up but now im on a mission to make it until friday morning without weighing in

Well, as for me i dont know what happened last night but i fell off the wagon i dont know why maybe becausei have TOM but that is no excuse i ate some candy corn, 4 chocolate chip cookies, and then around 11 i had 2 pieces of lasagna...i know i know but today i am back on the wagon and determined to start eating better and im going to workout hard today but i feel really bad about last night but i cant let it get me off track with my eating especially since i found out that my moms sister and husband are coming to visit october 12-14th so i want to look good for that

Well, hope you ladies are having a good saturday im going to try to make this a better day i pretty much have my meals planned out in my head for lunch and dinner and i already ate my breakfast.

catch you ladies later
Heather

Last edited by hbieber2006; 09-12-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:07 PM   #73  

Well, i just finished doing a 4 mile walk and i feel better and im over what happened last night im just going to forget about it and keeping going forward with my weigh loss cause i am bound and determined to make it to 140 no matter how long it takes me cause i havent weighed that since i was probably 13 years old cause i remember my senior year of high school i weighed 180 and its only gotten worse since then.

oh, i wanted to tell you guys that i have a new incentive to get to 140 lbs and that is that i talked to my sister yesterday ( her and my dad live in texas) and she told me that when i get 140 that her and my dad will make a special trip up here just for that cause she wants to be able to give me a big hug and celebrate with me so im so excited about that!

Well, have a good afternoon everyone i will be back later
Heather
Old 09-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #74  
742,000 calories burned

I'm sitting with my feet up. They are still very sore.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:51 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 283/253/154

Height: 5ft 6

just cannot seem to get back on track, but really dont want to put back on of any of the 30lbs lost. I had a take-away last night

Last edited by paradisep; 09-13-2009 at 05:51 AM.
Closed Thread