Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 08:07 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Jacqui -- Who knew exercising would be so exciting!! Be careful of those skunks!!

I've been surprised by a lot of wildlife in my suburban neighborhood this year!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:04 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Jacqui -- Who knew exercising would be so exciting!! Be careful of those skunks!!

I've been surprised by a lot of wildlife in my suburban neighborhood this year!
Haha I have to admit, it was fun to see a skunk lol. He was cute! From what I could see in my quickened pace hahahaha.

I do love walking in this area. Lots of trees, but I used to live in a very industrial looking area and that was a bummer. Just thinking about going outside was depressing. Here it is nature and my iPod and me.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:12 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 383/322.5/160

Height: 5'9"

Good morning gals! Ok, my weekend of sloth and debauchery is officially over *laugh* and I'm back on track. Tonight I'm playing sand volleyball on a league with one of my coworkers, so I'll be skipping dinner - two things that will help make up for the bad behavior on Sunday and the lack of exercise yesterday.

Tomorrow morning I begin Week 3 of Couch to 5k. I think this weekend I'm going to attempt a full 3.1 miles (the 5k) just to see what time I can make it in - jogging and/or walking as I feel up to it. That way I'll have a progress marker for the next time I attempt it (maybe in October).

A couple of NSV's for me: This weekend I was able to put on and WEAR comfortably an old pair of shorts that used to cut the very breath out of me. I had a little muffin top working (oh well), but I had plenty of room in the waistband.

This morning, I am wearing a long-sleeved shirt that I haven't worn since last Winter and with a pair of capri length pants, and for the first time in the entire time I've been dieting - **I** could see the difference around my midsection.

Now I need to go back and catch up on what everyone else is up to on the thread - back later!
Old 09-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 383/322.5/160

Ok, I think I'm mostly caught up with everyone:

Jacquie: I would have about fainted at seeing a skunk so up-close. At least your walk was adventurous! Haha. What have you been cooking lately? I'm just fascinated by the raw foods thing.

Tracy: I look forward to the day I can pitch all my old bras in the garbage and buy all new. With my "spillage" I've nearly yanked all of the underwires out of my bras because of the way they dug into my sides, so I'll be glad when these don't fit anymore and I can buy all new. Congrats on your NSV!

Voodoo: I've heard that alot of women just generally feel better on HRT - not just less foggy, but more energetic too. Here's hoping all the good effects come your way and none of the negative. I know how scary that must be for you knowing your family history. *hug*

Kayley: Very awesome on the good behavior during your labor-giving day feast I did not do as well at our barbecue I'm afraid. Let us know how the trainer session goes! I'm still waiting to hear when I'll have my first full session with the scary trainer.

CatWuv: Hooray for a new week, a new outlook, and a new resolve!

Heather B: Sorry to hear about TOM related gains - the only good thing about weighing yourself so regularly is that you get to know your body pretty well. Hope you had fun at the BBQ and congrats on all that yardwork! I would be totally beat! Great NSV!

SouthernGal: CONGRATULATIONS on leaving the 4's and on meeting your first mini-goal!! Wooo Hoo!!

Heather: How often do you see a trainer? I had been thinking about monthly, but do you see a benefit to more frequently? Some mornings I am glad no one else can hear the inner monologue arguments for and against going to the gym. I usually have to just tell myself "Oh suck it up, It doesn't matter if you WANT to go, you ARE going". It usually works.

Cyn: Sorry to hear about your cold - that just stinks! So much right on top of your move, huh? I think the world is conspiring against your move! Hang in there! I'm glad you'll have help this week with your hubby home. You're on the homestretch. When is your doc appointment again? Friday? You will feel SO much better once you have the surgery over with. (Well, it won't help the cold, but everything ELSE will feel better!)

Brandnewme: Hows it going with your planned snacks so far this week? I brought the most enormous bag of stuff to work today in an attempt to make sure I have lots of healthy/low-cal/low-fat snack options

Twilight: Enjoy the rapid weight loss while you have it! I lost quite quickly at first, and now I'm fighting a little harder for each pound. You are doing so amazingly staying on track and tending to your mom at the same time. I don't know how well I'd handle it.

Catherine: Your CHRISTMAS sewing?? Girl you are WAY organized and ahead of the curve. Also, I love window shopping online - when I have lulls at work, sometimes I "redecorate" my bedroom or redo the bathroom. Not that I really can do this in real life, but the fun is in the shopping and finding ideas and dreaming up what the ideal would be! Love it
Old 09-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #20  
I'm doing it for ME

S/C/G: 317/311/200

Height: 5'3

good morning ladies.. hope everyone is having a good day so far... today is my birthday, and the only reason i mention it is my mother sent her caregiver to marie callanders to get me a chocolate cream pie for my bday lol... poor dear, she cant get out of bed to go shopping, or get online for that matter, so she did what she knows i love and she could do .... the prob is now i have to eat some of that darn pie lol... it would really hurt her feelings if i didnt, and i know that sounds like a cop out, but she was really pleased she was able to do something for me... so now im going to have to realy watch my cals the rest of the day... prob wont be able to eat anything else all day lol...

i signed up for that biggest loser challenge.. guess not a moment to soon lol..

SUSANNAHC- mom has caregiver in the am's.. so i do get a couple hours off to do what i need to... unless she is feeling really bad, then she wants me around just cause she feels more secure. it's been hard, but i keep telling myself that when she is gone i will have this time to cherish

Last edited by Twilightwing; 09-08-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: bad typer this am
Old 09-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #21  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

I should be sitting in my first class right now, and would be if it hadn't gotten canceled. I just checked last night online as a fluke, and found out that way. It would have been nice to have been given a call or email. I guess not enough people signed up. Glad I didn't spend over 2 hours on a bus going at there to find out though.

That was the last class I could take relying on the bus to get me to and from. The other two options were canceled this summer. Our school had to move because the province decided to put a highway through the campus. The dorms the Seminarians use are finished, but not the school itself, so they are renting a former community college in the meantime, probably two years, so they have to arrange rides for the seminarians, and it is easier to have all their classes in the morning. The buses don't run early enough that way for me to get there in time for morning classes. Next semester I'll have a car, and this will no longer be an issue, but right now, I'm really pissed.

I guess this means I'll have extra time to work out.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:46 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon ladies...

kayleystar...how are you today? how did your session go with the trainer?

azcyn..how are you feeling with your cold? have you finished all your packing yet to move? Hope the move goes smooth for you.

susanna-dont feel bad that you did bad this weekend you have to just think positive that today is a new day and that you will try to do better I did eat really well the last few day i mean i stayed within my calories but yesterday at my moms bbq i overate on cheese curls and potato chips and i paid for it this morning with a stomach ache so dont feel bad we all have bad days

CatherineM-sorry to hear your class got cancelled do you think you will be able to still take it at a later date?

Well, as for me i did a little too much snacking yesterday on cheese curls and chips and i paid for it this moring with a stomach ache but finally my stomach ache went away this afternoon and i just got done walking for 40 mins so i feel better cause i really hate when i miss my workouts and tomorrow i may have to miss it cause i have to be somewhere early tomorrow morning but im gonna try to workout tomorrow night if im not too tired but if i dont its ok because i try to take 1 to 2 days off a week to give my body a break.

Well, hope everyone is well and i will check in later
Heather
Old 09-08-2009, 03:58 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Had my session with the trainer this morning. It went really well, and I’m definitely feeling it! We did an hour session, and did mostly weight training….I actually learned how to use the weight room, instead of just doing the weight machines like I usually do. Then we did some interval training. If only I could afford to keep seeing her, cuz it was awesome. She made mention that she’d still work with me a little even if I can’t pay, so we’ll see what I can come up with. She was really nice, but she was talking about how some of her clients compare her to Jillian from The Biggest Loser….which is a good thing, I think. Sometimes you need that kick in the rear to keep going.

Speaking of The Biggest Loser, I’m so excited that it’s back on next week! It’s been a boring summer TV wise without it. It’s the ONLY show that I never miss, no matter what.

Well, I’m going to get to a few personals, and finish up my homework for tomorrow. Have a great day all!

Sharon – That’s great news about your blood pressure. Very good. How’s Slimming World going for you thus far?

Tracy – Eh, I’m chalking it up to muscle, etc. I haven’t had my TOM for 8 months or so…I’m extremely irregular. I thought I was PMS-ing, but the symptoms went away, so who knows? Hope you have a great day!

Susannah
- Kudos to you on the NSV’s! I can’t wait until I lose enough to be able to see it myself.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:59 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies...i have a mini-vent if you dont mind actually more of a question...

I was on facebook playing farkle (a dice game) and i was playing against some guy named "norm" and he was being a real smart*** saying he was the best yadda yadda yadda well in the end i beat him and he said to me good game fatso and for some reaosn it really is borthering me maybe its because im gonna get TOM cause usually i wouldnt let this bother me especially from someone that i dont know and doesnt know me and i know i sound pathetic but i needed to talk to someone about this cause its bothering me that much that i almost want to cry i must be pre-menstrual cause usually stuff like this i just ignore and dont let it bother me..does anything like this every happen to you guys where someone you know or dont know makes a remark regarding your weight and it just bothers you?

thanks for letting me vent
Heather
Old 09-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Today is the two year anniversary of the beginning of my journey to better health. I'm pleased to report there is 85 lbs less of me than on that day. Could it be a bigger loss - of course. For me I am so much healthier and truly feel like I have changed my life. Exercise, even though a struggle at times, is a part of my life. These last two years have been a gift to myself. I'm excited to see what year 3 will bring.

Thanks to each of you for your support in helping me each step of the way!

hugs,
Carol
Old 09-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Susannah -- I see my trainer once a week. I used to see him 2ce a week. The advantage for me is closer monitoring of my progress -- and, I think, faster progress. But I certainly think you could see one less frequently. I think it depends on your goals!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:06 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Heather hb – I’m an extremely emotional person, and I’ve always taken it to heart when someone…even a stranger makes a comment about my weight; I try not to let it bother me, but it always does….so I don’t really have any advice for you.

Carol
– Happy Life Change Anniversary!! That is just spectacular, and you’re truly an inspiration.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:44 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Evening Ladies...

Thanks for all the well wishes! We move tomorrow..and for the most part we are packed. YOu know how that goes..odds and ends that wont fit into a box. ;( Atleast when we move there is enough room for everything to have its place.

I go to the surgeon on Thursday. I don't know what he will say. I am assuming that they wont operate when I am sick. My youngest son is getting better..and he was sick 3 days before me soo hopefully I will be better by this weekend.

They can not turn on our internet in the new house until the guy that lives there shuts it off..so I might not have internet/cable/phone for a few days. BUT I can hop on my brothers if I need to. So if I am not around for a few days..don't worry I will be back lol

Now..off to clean and pack. Toodles and really..love ya guys!
Old 09-09-2009, 04:36 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

HeatherHB, HUGSXXXXXXXX What a git!!! I bet he's no oil painting! I get just the same, especially at 'hormonal' times, I was crying on Sunday coz hubby said something which wouldn't normally upset me. I bet you thought of loads of smart remarks now too, save them for next time & then in passing make a personal remark, or even just ignore the loser altogether.xxxxxxxx
I'm doing ok on SW, I'm joining the actual club again on Thurday as it really helps me stay OP, the people there are SO friendly & warm plus I get the benefit of access to the internet syns (like w/w points) for any foods, makes it easier to work out what to eat. There's also lots of info & unlike some slimming clubs they don't do pressure selling of their products. They do a FAB line of breakfast bars which you can only buy in the class, worth it just for them, lol! my son (oldest-the pain in the backside) LOVEs them.
xxxxxsharon
Old 09-09-2009, 04:39 AM   #30  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Just an update. Thank you to all who are thinking of us and who offered positive thoughts and prayers.

I think that the last time I posted was when Daryl (brother with Leukemia) was admitted to ICU as he had Swine Flu, Legionnaire's Disease - these had turned into pneumonia and bronchitis - then he got a staph infection. Well, that was exactly three weeks ago, and on the following Monday he was put into an induced coma and placed on a respirator and we were all told to prepare for the worst. That is not something that you ever want to hear, and it was VERY hard to cope with. I had over a week off work as we kept being told he would be brought out of the coma in a "day or so", which then got extended. Last Tuesday we were told that he would be in a coma for another three to five days, so I went back to work on Thursday and could hardly function for the first part of the day. I worked out later that I felt as though I had betrayed Daryl, as I had said, and told him, that I wouldn't go back to work until he was awake and I knew he was OK. Well, I HAD to get back to work because I only had so many days I could take off and I wanted to save some for when he DID wake up. Well, after having an absolutely rotten first couple of hours of the work day, Neil (husband) walked up to me and showed me a message from Daryl's wife saying that he was awake and talking, although still groggy, and that he was breathing on his own. We had NO idea that they were going to try to bring him around. You can't imagine the change in my emotions from then on. I was bouncing around everywhere and people couldn't hold me back. We went to see him Friday and he was still very groggy, but it was just so wonderful to see him awake and the first smile I got from him made the sun shine again for me. He still has a way to go, but at least he seems out of the woods for the moment. We think that there were some medications that they were treating him with that were stopping his white blood cells from developing, so once they stopped those and put him on steroids, his white cells began multiplying rapidly and he started fighting the infections. His muscles are very weak and he still needs a lot of physio in that area, but he is getting there.
Of course, he still has to deal with the transplant for the leukemia, and I am all ready to give him my bone marrow stem cells, but we have to get him strong enough first.

Sorry for the 'novel', but I just love talking about how well he is doing now after worrying for SO long. People asked whether the hospital staff had told us to expect the worst because they HAD to do that, but Rose (SIL) said that when Daryl's haematologist (sp?) came to see him he was quite emotional and said that he didn't think he'd get to talk with him again. So I have a feeling that Daryl is a bit of a miracle, which we are all VERY happy about.

Thank you all again. I truly believe that all of the positive thoughts and prayers helped to get him through this and they certainly helped me. It is lovely to know that so many people care.

Zelma
Closed Thread