Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 06:08 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Good morning! I am definitely feeling the lunges I did with the trainer yesterday. She told me I’d be sore, and want to cuss her out this morning. Haha. It’s definitely a good sore, though….and I can tell that I’m working muscles that I haven’t been using as much. I’m heading off to class, but plan on going to the gym, and getting in a lighter workout, so I don’t strain myself too much, and make the pain worse.

Cyn – Hope all goes well with the move!

Sharon – I hope that restarting helps kick start your weight loss again. How are things with your son, by the way? Have they gotten any better?

Zelma
– I am SO glad to hear this! I was just thinking about you this weekend, and wondering how things were going, but didn’t want to bother you. He’s making such good progress, and I only hope that it continues, and he’s able to get the transplant soon.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:29 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 283/253/154

Height: 5ft 6

Default hi

Hi all, i would love to be part of this, i was not far off the 300lbs when i started my weight loss journey (282lbs) i have only lost 28lbs and that has taken me about 8 months to do but to be honest i had fallen off the track for the last 12 weeks i would say. but i am back now and found this website so hopefull you wont all think i am crazy.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:42 AM   #33  

sorry also wanted to say that Something strange happened to my today. A friend told me i liked exercise, how mad is that, like what nutter likes exercise ... lol actually I had a brill workout this morning. i have been watching this girl in the gym who does about the same as me and and the sweat pours out of her like her chest, arms face back. i only seem to sweat off my lower back and face, and was thinking the other day when i saw her that i wished i sweated like that. to me the more sweat the better the workout. anyhow today my face, back, chest and neck were soaked. i was delighted. how odd am i.
I did 20 minutes on the threadmill with intervills of 2 minutes running 2 minutes walking, 20 minutes on the crosstrainer, ab crunches, bicep curls while going up and down on the step and 8 lengths in the pool
Old 09-09-2009, 08:16 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 236/232/208

Height: 5'3"

Hello girls :}

I started college on Monday and it went well so I'm pleased! I even built up the confidence to talk to people! I also weighed in on Monday and I'd only lost a measely two pounds. At least it's a loss!

xx
Old 09-09-2009, 09:18 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Bazz: Congrats on the loss!! College outta be fun! My oldest son started last week..he likes it so far. He says it is alot different then high school.

paradisep: welcome to the group!

Zelma: I am so glad you posted. I will continue to pray that your brother gets better and better!!!!

As for me..of to packing
Old 09-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

Zelma- So happy to hear the good news will keep praying for your family.

Bazz- Good job on the weight loss,

Sorry if I didn't get to everyone about to go to work. I think I am getting an inner ear infection. take care all and have a great day
Old 09-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #37  

Just wondering if anyone had tried the bodybugg, all the contestants on the biggest looser wear them and I am considering getting one, i am thinking of changing from ww to pure calorie counting so it maybe something I should get
Old 09-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 383/322.5/160

Height: 5'9"

Little note from me to you: If you get a chance to try V8's garden broccoli soup... just PASS. *bleh* I love the Southwestern Corn and the Tomato Herb, but this was just AWFUL.

I need to be making my own soups to bring to work - these pre-packaged ones have tons of sodium. Any body got any really good vegetable-packed soup recipes?
Old 09-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 383/322.5/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradisep View Post
Just wondering if anyone had tried the bodybugg, all the contestants on the biggest looser wear them and I am considering getting one, i am thinking of changing from ww to pure calorie counting so it maybe something I should get
My two cents: I looked at the BodyBuggs, and my thought was that it is a little spendy for what you get. I've seen models by Polar that are less expensive - if you're already tracking your calorie intake on the web on one of the many, many free sites, just go with a Polar for the rest. Polar monitors heart rate and calories burned and can be synched with most cardio equipment in gyms. There are a few at Dick's Sporting Goods and start as low as $90 for the heart rate/calorie combo. (Compared with the $200-250 of a bodybugg). I really like my polar - it's water resistant too, so I can wear it when I swim. I also think the polar women's models are a little prettier than the body bugg and are a little more fashionable if you're planning on wearing it all day.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 350/239/160

Hi All!

The scale is starting to go down again so that is a nice feeling. Over the weekend I realized that I have no current photos of myself because I have been avoiding the camera for so long. I don't even own a camera. I have decided that I must have a friend take my picture soon so I will have a "before" pic for my bestselling diet book I plan to write. Just kidding! Really though, I need to get over my camera complex.

paradisep I have a GoWear Fit armband which is like the BodyBugg. I like how it tells me my personal amount of calories burned for each day. The online calculators were off--several hundred calories too high. It also is a pedometer and tells me how many hours I sleep. It is a fun tool but not totally necessary. There is a good thread on the subject in one of the other 3FC boards where they discuss the pros and cons of the various models.

Positive vibes to all the boardies

Pennie
Old 09-09-2009, 04:24 PM   #41  

susannahc & CatWuv thanks so much for your reply - food for thought so to speak. i will defo look into getting something but i thinks its between the gowear fit and the bodybug, as i dont live in the US or canada it will depend if i can get them here in ireland
Old 09-09-2009, 06:58 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Went to class this morning. I was feeling VERY sore from my session with the trainer yesterday…even more so than I have before. But I decided to go to the gym, but take it easy. I did 20 mins combo of some step aerobics & stability ball, 10 mins on the treadmill, and 30 mins of upper body strength training. My right leg is KILLING me, and it hurts to walk. Hopefully it’ll be much better by tomorrow. It’s definitely a good hurt, but man oh man!

ParadiseP – Hello & welcome to the forum! This is a really great group of people, and I hope you love it here as much as I do!

Beth – 2 lbs is great! Those first couple of days of college are always the worst! I get nervous before each semester, and I’ve been in college for 4 years now. Heh.

Tracy – Yikes! I hate inner ear infections. I used to get them on a semi regular basis. Feel better!!

Savannah – I’ve never made soup…but that sounds like a healthy and yummy lunch for the winter! If you find some good recipes be sure to share. Would love to try something different.

Pennie – I have quite a camera phobia myself. I’m a photographer, actually, but I refuse to be on the other side of the camera! lol. Hopefully that’ll change as I lose weight. Definitely get those before pictures!
Old 09-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good evening ladies...today i did a 4 mile walk and i always feel so good after i do my walking it is really invigorating! My diet has been going pretty well we went to cici's tonight for dinner but i had a salad and a couple pieces of veggie pizza so i feel good about the choices i made-i dont think this friday is going to be a good weigh in cause all week when i have weighed i have been up and i know im going to be getting my TOM next week so i think im retaining water from that so we will see what friday brings as of this morning i was 1/2 lb up.

On a happy note though i had a little extra money this week and i went to dots tonight and bought myself a dress and 2 dressy type tops ( they were buy 2 get 1 free) the dress doesnt fit quite yet but it was normally 22.00 and i got it for 7.00 and the tops were 18.00 and i got them for 9.00 so i got the dress for free cause it was the cheaper of the 3! but i tried the tops on and they look good on me ( they are 2X so i went down a size) i plan on wearing them in october for some family get togethers on my husbands side so they should look really good on me by then! I cant wait and they will come in handy for when i get a job in an office cause i dont have alot of dressy clothes cause my last job was casual wear everyday of the week i could wear jean, sweatpants, shorts, tshirts, anything i wanted which that is one reason i totally miss my job! I still get depressed sometimes about that but i try not to dwell on it!

Well, have a good evening ladies
talk to you soon
Heather
Old 09-09-2009, 09:22 PM   #44  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Zelma-That was so great to hear. Tell him that the prayers of a bunch of fat ladies can't hurt.

I went to a sale at my favorite fabric store today. $2/patterns. I think maybe spending the fall sewing will be good for me. I get irritated when my schedule gets messed up unexpectantly. The funny thing is that I didn't even want to take the class that got canceled. It wasn't something I needed, but was taking it as an elective because every other afternoon class had been canceled previously. There is one internet course I can take this semester until we get a car, but I don't know if it would even count as an elective. I will find out tomorrow. I'm just trying to be patient while the college is going through a very difficult temporary move. The former facility had been built 50 years ago, so they were used to the building, and now are living out of boxes practically until the new facility is finished.

On a positive note, my first water aerobics class was today. We get kicked out of the pool for the summer because of swim lessons for kids out of school. It felt very good.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:02 AM   #45  

well i am awake since 4.00am i just cannot sleep so much going around my head. I am meeting a specalist about my bowel movement issue (it feels like it cuts me when ever i have a bowel movement TMI) today so that is in my head. I also meet with The Irish Institute for Councellers and am thinking about doing there evenin degree. its three evenings a week and a good few saturdays for 4 years, I have the dedication its more the money over €4k per year - which i dont have but the employment prospects are great and same sallary as a GP or better, i could do another year then and get a masters degree I would be a Doctor. I may just have to put it off for a year or two.

Also my skin is really at me too I have this constant redness on my forehead, sometimes its bearly noticeable sometimes its like someone painted my forehead with red paint. and if you look close it tiny red pimples under my sink but its smooth to the touch. Tonight is the worst its ever been, also giving me this tingly feeling that woke me up. I washed and moisturised my face to find that now it is on my chin too I had never gone to the doctor about it because there was no feeling to it - just put it down to bad skin, or fertility drugs or eating s**t etc but now that it is tingeling i am thinking maybe stress or something and maybe i should see a dermatologist

Hbieber - well done on moving down a dress size that is always a great feeling. I am not sure the difference in the Irish clothes sizes and the US ones I think it is one size. I am a size 26 which then should be a size 24US I cannot wait till I get into a size 22 (20 US)
Closed Thread