Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 01:02 PM   #346  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everybody on the compliments on my avatar. You might see something else later....I am getting my old account back...so I will be the old Jacque instead of NewJacque. Then everything will be right again in the world...well at least in my world.

My avatar will change again then...I will get a new pic of myself and my new do and Sophie cause my mom and she arrived last night!!! YeeHaa!!
Old 05-29-2009, 08:03 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Bite -- isn’t it wonderful when old tight clothes fit?!?

Ladynredd
-- good luck at your Sat. weight-in

NewJacque, OldJacque
-- welcome back! Sorry about your web problems. Good work staying on plan. Pretty new avatar.

Ags -- yup, I do love my gadgets. I am just trying to make this a way-of-life and doing whatever I can to make it work. Congrats on your 1.4 lb. weight release. I think you do better when you’re “out-and-about” and "back on the streets" -- LMAO! Why are you on meds? For your fall?

Nona -- ok, I guess I am going to have to try the turkey burger! Guess what - at our local grocery store today in the deli they had nice roast turkey (real turkey, not a burger) and I bought it for lunch. Also collard greens. It was delish.

Sara -- you sound like you’re really having a good time, I love it! I was hungry today also for some reason. When I’m still hungry after I eat, I set my cell phone for 20 minutes and I allow myself to eat again if I still want to. And today I did. Twice, actually. But it was low-carb stuff (and low-cal stuff) so it is okay. I also think it’s okay to occasionally have a higher calorie day.

Awwwwwww, I bet your little boy is a sweetie-pie. You certainly deserve a girls’ night out! Have fun!

Learn -- fully-stocked and ready to go! I’m always so impressed by your organization. How do you make a broccoli and cauliflower casserole? It sounds so good. As you know I’m starting to cook but I must tell you I am OVERWHELMED at the number of recipes on the internet. I have a hard time sorting through them. I just want some simple, good ones. Have fun at the wedding! Guardrails up!!!

Shia -- that 30-day shredd sounds ... tiring! You are really doing the exercise thang, congrats to you. And that ex is probably stalking you, he could so kick himself in the donkey’s behind for letting you get away. Plus the video rocked! You go girl.

My positive:
I ate a big lunch so am going to have a small supper.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:38 PM   #348  

Height: 5'7"

Just a quick stop in to say hello and hope everyone has a wonderful OP weekend.
My positive for today is I got the pleasure of taking my grandaughter for a stroller ride for almost 2 hours. SHe is spending the day and night with us!! She loves riding in the stroller and I was able to rack up some exercise mins.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:44 PM   #349  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Good Evening Sweet Taters,

I am starting at the bottom again, it is just easier for me.

Lady, Shia shared and got you up and out of your chair, CJ shared and got Shia up and out of her chair, now it is your turn to pass it on, look at you ladies, sharing and caring, how inspirational. Proud of each of you.

Shia, I am sooooo proud of you, you blew me away. Now the 30 day shredd is great for you, but for me, it would be 30 day dead. LOL LOL I will leave all of that stuff to you and CJ and now looks like Lady too. How nice that you were polite for two whole minutes. You Rock!!!

Hey there Neighbor!!! Learn, I have a great recipe for Turkey Burgers, actually they are Asian Turkey Burgers and they are awesome. I will share with anyone who would like it.
Now girl you have full cupboards and that is a plus, at least the crackers were low fat and that is a plus, and roasted veggies, well that is just off the hook awesome:, veggies already ready for this evening and a photo shoot on the beach, what more could one ask for, oh yeah, be paid for the photo shoot on the beach. You Rock!!!!!!! But we already knew that!!!

Sara, you are on the right track, chooo chooo. You made great choices for your self, cause in the end What's In It For You!!!!! Have a great time on your GIRL'S NIGHT OUT, DO NOT DO ANYTHING I WOULDN'T DO. OH MY, YOU MIGHT BE IN TROUBLE.

Chica, it is a wonderful day in the neighborhood when everything is coming up roses. I am soooo glad you had all roses today, you deserve them. No fussy kids, can you get a WOOT WOOT !!!!!!!!

CJ, I am sooo proud of your cooking, I will send you and few easy things if you like. What do you like? Let's not get this thing twisted now CJ, you rock when it comes to the exercise craze too baby girl and are doing it very well.
Great choice on a lite supper.
You asked about my meds, where do I start, Diabeties meds, high BP meds, high cholesterol meds, my left leg is really infected right now and hurts like crap, so now two different kinds of antibiotics for them, another for swelling in my left knee. I am a walking pharmacy. LOL Doctor says if I release 35 or 40 more pounds I can come off sugar meds. PTL!!! I have something called Lymphedima (spelled wrong I am sure). The good news is we are working on it. Bet you are sorry you asked, ugh??? LOL LOL LOL

D, I love to see your pic, it just makes me smile. It is such a joy to spend time with your grands and what a special time you had, a stroller ride, she was happy and you were happier. Oh yeah and the exercise time, AWESOME!!!

Well now ladies, let's see hear, my positive for today is it is Friday and I have the next two days off. PTL!! Second my co-worker and friend had an outstanding day at work today doing guess what, our actual jobs. PTL!! My third, is that I bought dinner from the FRESH MARKET this evening and I did not have to cook. Oh Happy Day!!

Maina, WHERE ARE YOU????????????

Tracy, WHERE ARE YOU ???????

Dolphin, I know that you are busy, but just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you and pray all is going well with the restaurant. We miss you.

To all of MIA's out there, please come home, we all miss you.

Back later gators,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 05-29-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:30 AM   #350  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

hello just thought I'd check in!

aggs I'm glad you had a good day at work!

gramie I bet you had a great time with your granddaughter! and what a good work out for 2 hours!

my positive for today Is I finally tackled some of the weeding I've been meaning to do in my flower beds but I'm no where near done so I am determined to continue it tomorrow

and 2nd positive is it is the anniversary of the couple whom I nanny for on Fridays and as a present to them I cleaned their whole house till it was sparkling clean (this is not part of my job description) and the look of joy on their face when they came home from work was priceless! they were so grateful! It made my day to know I made theirs!

Last edited by mariamherrera; 05-30-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:32 AM   #351  

Good Saturday Morning Ladies,
Well it's around 5 AM and I just stuck my head out the back door and it's very humid out. I'm praying that is doesn't rain and if it does it rains nice and early so the sand dries out. I have that wedding to photograph and the wet sand keeps me from doing some shots that I and the bride likes.

Shia- I really enjoyed the video, thank you!

CJ- The broccoli/cauliflower isn't a casserole. It's very easy. All you do is cut the florets off the stems and place the florets in a shallow casserole dish. Sprinkle with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on how tender you like your veggies. It's just a wonderful flavor. I like roasting brussel sprouts and carrots also.

dg- Sounds like you had an awesome time with your granddaughter and got in some exercise to boot. Way to go!

Ags- 2 days off-WOO HOO, Good day at work WOO HOO, Dinner without cooking WOO HOO!

maria- I shall call you the WEED-O-NATOR! And I can just see you staring down those weeds and saying to them... (with an Arnold Schwartzenneger accent) "I'LL BE BACH!"
Oh and by the way mine and my DH's anniversary is February 19th., can I pencil you in for a house cleaning? Only kidding. What a thoughtful gift you gave them, and so sweet of you.

Well here are my positives for yesterday.
1) I snacked too much again and I am sure it's just out of anxiety over shooting this wedding. I always get this way a day or 2 before. I have been photographing weddings for several years now and still have this fear of screwing it up. I guess you could call it stage fright.

2) I got my pool walking in and pool playtime also with my son.

3) I went shopping for clothes yesterday trying to find something cooler to wear for these beach weddings and I saved a bunch of money because I didn't like anything I tried on. Oh well maybe when I reach my half way point, who knows.

That's it for me ladies. Let's make it a simply positive weekend.

Guardrails Up!!! Later - Learn

Last edited by learningtoliveagain; 05-30-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:52 AM   #352  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Talking

learningtoliveagain Gosh I thought I was the early bird...even on Saturdays!! You were up at 5am...I actually slept in till 6pm!!
Old 05-30-2009, 08:28 AM   #353  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

Hi everyone,
I love you gals!
I was having a tough couple of days at work!I heard about me, that
really isn't true.I am not good at confronting people ,so I just let it go.But there is a positive , usually I would cry and eat everything in sight when I got home,if I had a bad day.But guess what,I didn't!It didn't effect me as it usually does .I believe I am getting stronger emotionally and physically.
YEAH ME!With God, perservence,and the support of all you wonderful ladies, I will be fine,and get through everything.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:40 AM   #354  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Hi everyone,
I believe I am getting stronger emotionally and physically.
YEAH ME!With God, perservence,and the support of all you wonderful ladies, I will be fine,and get through everything.
Tracy, you're rocking it! ELEVEN pounds, WOOHOO!!!! And a big congrats on not letting the upset at work affect your eating plan. I too believe you're getting stronger emotionally and physically. Good for you! CJ
Old 05-30-2009, 08:42 AM   #355  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque9999 View Post
learningtoliveagain Gosh I thought I was the early bird...even on Saturdays!! You were up at 5am...I actually slept in till 6pm!!
Actually I got up at exactly 4:11, because I remember looking at the coffee maker to see if the coffee was done brewing. I set it for 4 every morning. There are times I get up earlier, it just depends on how many of my aches and pains are telling me to get out of bed. It's not unusual to find me sleeping sitting up on the love seat in my living room. I have to prop the sofa cushions in such a way to get comfortable enough to fall asleep.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:04 PM   #356  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hey chica's,

It is a beautiful outside and it is going to be a glouious day today.

Learn, you are my darlin' crack of dawn neighbor, I believe in another life you were a Lady Rooster. LOL Happy you got back in that pool, not just for exercise but for the playtime even more. Wow Blanche, we actually have sooo much in common. I thought I was the only one in the world who slept sitting up. My chair is my bed and sometimes during the night I will actually lay in the bed so that I can put my feet and legs up as the doc ordered me to do. Shopping can be such a chore, I have had the same experinces not liking anything, only you saved money, I didn't I would end up spending it on something else. I surely did guardrails up on more avenues than one. You on the other hand are doing fan-tab-u-lous!!!!!

Tracy, you are doing exceptionally well. Kudo's to you babe. CJ, said it best, need I ssay more.

CJ, you are always such an encouragement to all of us here and we love you for it. What type of professor where you, in what area CJ? Your life is so full of accomplishments and wonder and you keep on doing great things.

Maria, good for you tackling those weeds, I love the name Learn gave you, you WEED-O-NATOR. Maria, you are the sweetest thing and your heart is always in the right place. They had to have been over joyed, you did over and beyond their wildest dreams and expectations. You Rock!!!!

Bite, hey there and I hope your day is going great.

Today for me, thus far my positive is I am trying something new today. I will be making my ever first tilapia and shrimp ceviche and I know it will be off the hook and rockin' with all fresh goodness. Can't wait. Also, I am making crab muffins. Another positive for me is that I have stayed on point with my points since Thursday and have not use any of my flex pts. WOW!!! Well ladies, that's it for me now, but I will be back to check in on the SLIGHTLY SLIM AND NOT SO FAMOUS!!!! You all are slim in my eyes and ohhhh sooooo famous.

Hey has anyone run into Thighsbegone on any of the other threads, not like her to stay away soooo long. Miss her much.
Later gators,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 05-30-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:25 PM   #357  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

Learn - What can I say! I think youre amazing, anyone that can make a positive out of Brussel sprouts deserves a medal! I cant believe you get up so early!

Devsmama - Well done for being so polite to the ex. That is proberly annoying him more too

CJ - Well done on going for the small supper!

dgramie - Hope you enjoyed the time with your grandaughter. I do miss having my parents close by.

Ags - I hope youre enjoying those days off! Relax! Hope your cooking turned out yummy!

Maria - I love your present to the couple! So thoughtful and I know means a lot to them! Feel free to pop over here anytime!

Tracy - Well done you for being so strong and ignoring the gossips. They are not worth it.

My positive. Well I had a fantastic night out! My friends and I had a great time, a few drinks and plenty of gossiping. However I pulled big time! One man just sat himself at our table and stared at me the whole time even though he would also talk to my friends. And then he admitted that he loved me but it was ok I wouldnt have to leave my husband! Slightly scary bit was he had followed us from the previous bar! Being the only big girl sometimes makes me feel self conscious, but I was the only one that got attention last night which is a big ego boost. It must have been my new red lipstick that did it!
Old 05-30-2009, 04:45 PM   #358  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Sara,
When you are hot, you are hot!!! And you were on fire, did anyone else catch a blaze as you walked by. I can only imagne how you felt being the only one hit on, hey kick self conscious out the window cause it does not live in you anymore. Way to go baby girl. So proud of you, red lipstick and all that jive.
YOU ROCK YOU ROCK YOU ROCK YOU ROCK YOU ROCK YOU ROCK !!!!!!!!!

Ags
Old 05-30-2009, 08:03 PM   #359  

Dgramie -- a great idea combining your grandaughter’s stroller ride and some exercise!

Ags -- Shia's “30-day dead” -- that’s so funny. I sort of have to agree with you. Shia is an exercise machine, I so admire her. I do frequent exercise, but her intensity is way higher than mine.

Well, you won’t believe this, but I taught literature (plus writing) and business, two things that are poles apart in the academic world. I liked teaching the literature better, it was way more fun. I have done lots of different things in my work life, mostly in the business world (the professor thing was just a side job) but I like what I’m doing now as a photographer. It is something everyone understands (or thinks they do!) and people’s eyes don’t glaze over when you talk about your job like they used to.

I would love some simple recipes. The key things is to be low-carb. i.e. no flour or bread products, no rice, no potatoes of any kind, no beans or lentils yet, no sugar, and at this point I’m still not eating fruit because of the sugar in it (fruits, beans and whole grains are added back as you lose weight, but I am not there yet). Most veggies, meats, eggs, fish, poultry, clear soups, butter or oil, cheese, olives, cream cheese, sour cream, most herbs and spices, are all okay. Hmmmm, what do I like???? Would EVERYTHING count? LOL. Maybe if I just knew how to cook chicken without it drying out, I would be happy. Maybe a frittata? Here is a website someone pointed out to me, but I haven't tried anything here yet. Some of the stuff looks good, though -- http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/low_carb/

You are on more meds than a pharmacy! Was it your left leg you hurt in the second fall that is infected? How is your wrist, BTW? All the things that are wrong with you are manageable and you are doing all the right things. Your cerviche and the crab muffins sounds fabulous. Congrats on staying on your plan.

Maria -- it was so sweet of you to clean the house of your nanny couple.

Learn -- send some of your rain down here, we are still way too dry. We can only water once per week, we’re under mandatory water restrictions. Thanks for the idea about baking the vegetables, I will definitely give that a try. BTW, I totally understand the nerves that go with shooting a wedding. I would never do it because of that. However, you are so loving and careful with your brides and grooms I can tell by your concern that you go out of your way to get the best photos of them. It is very nice.

Tracy -- you are definitely on the right path. I’ve been extra hungry lately for some reason, so send me over some of your positiveness, will you????

Sara -- you sound like a very pretty girl, but I suspect the guy was attracted to you because you have this confident attitude I can sense in your posts. Men are attracted to women who feel attractive. I know this has always been true for me no matter what my weight. Of course, the red lipstick doesn’t hurt! Good for you, baby.

My positive today:
I am finishing up going through a box of mail, bills, magazines, etc. that I have been putting off for about 3 weeks. Finally! Hope to finish up all tomorrow so I can concentrate on a new photo project, which for me is fun fun fun.

Last edited by CJZee; 05-30-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #360  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Hey ladies, I'm kind of tired, but my positive is that yesterday I tried on some 16/18 pants-like track pants-and they slid right up! They fit!! I couldn't believe it. I haven't been in a 16/18 since 1994 and then I was in a 12. I didn't buy them, but that's okay, I was so excited I got teary...It's really happening girls, it really is!!
Closed Thread